EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Visa Aproval

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visa Aproval
artisha
Member # 4035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for artisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

My husband just got his Visa Approval today so will be travelling to Uk soon.
How do i feel?... Happy,estatic,and counting..... the days

Posts: 52 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulation Artisha!! You must be so happy!
Is he going to stay in UK, or only visiting?

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artisha
Member # 4035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for artisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is staying on spousal visa and vows never to go back...
Posts: 52 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great, I'm really happy for both of you.
Best of luck [Smile]

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brilliant news, artisha - know how you feel! Mine got his last month and arrives here in the UK on Monday - I thought the time would never pass, but it's so nearly here now! Congratulations!
Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Artisha and Blue Skies! I'm sure you're both thrilled! Best of luck [Smile]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artisha
Member # 4035

Member Rated:
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Blue skies i know what you mean! It feels like forever. What can i say but congrats to you both.

Hope he settles in well!

Thanks again everyone..........

ShannonAmr
Member # 10352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShannonAmr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! CONGRATULATIONS to you BOTH!!! That's so WONDERFUL! I can only imagine how you must feel! I will be counting the days soon too. How long did it take your husband(s) to receive their VISAs once they applied???
Posts: 130 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artisha
Member # 4035

Member Rated:
ShannonAmr congratulations to you too. Thanks!

I recieved the letter this week.
So we are still waiting for the visa to be issued. My solicitor explains it can take up to 28 days. So maybe beginning April.

Artisha in the house........

get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shannon, my husband applied for the visa at the start of January, had the interview in early Feb and was given the visa there and then, on the same day. We didn't have a solicitor, but took ages beforehand preparing the application to make sure we had all we needed. It was simple (I was terrified in advance but it was fine!). Good luck - hope it goes as smoothly for you!
Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShannonAmr
Member # 10352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShannonAmr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fiance and I were originally planning on staying in Egypt following our marriage in June, but in the last month or so we've decided that it's probably best to start out here first. And he told me a few days ago on the phone that his hope is that he'll be able to fly back with me, after we get married. I was only planning on staying in Egypt for a month... just long enough for our marriage and a honeymoon. Do you think it's realistic that he'd actually be able to fly back with me if he applied for the visa than?
Posts: 130 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shannon, Visas to America are different than ones to UK. There will be at least one interview if not two depending on where you apply for the petition for him. If you apply for the petition in Cairo (based on different criteria), then he will either be approved for the petition then and there and both of you must be at that interview. If you apply in America, he will go to it alone and will take much longer time.
If he is approved for the petition, then they will give him a packet and he must complete it and send it back through TNT services to Embassy and wait for an interview date. Usually takes about a month to get the appointment date but that date could be another month or even longer. So, no he will not be flying back with you for that time.... Hope that helps.

quote:
Originally posted by ShannonAmr:
My fiance and I were originally planning on staying in Egypt following our marriage in June, but in the last month or so we've decided that it's probably best to start out here first. And he told me a few days ago on the phone that his hope is that he'll be able to fly back with me, after we get married. I was only planning on staying in Egypt for a month... just long enough for our marriage and a honeymoon. Do you think it's realistic that he'd actually be able to fly back with me if he applied for the visa than?

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artisha
Member # 4035

Member Rated:
Thanks for your replies!

My husband applied for his visa to the UK last year and was refused.He had an interview at the British embassy in Cairo and he was refused same day of interview. The gave hime reasons why......

We appealed against the decision with a solicitor and recieved an appeal hearing date for March. I attended the court as my husband is in Egypt and was asked many questions by the 'judge' and i had my solicitor present she asked me a few questions and the home office representative asked me only two questions.

The Judge in this case ruled in our favour. So hubby will be hear shortly......

ShannnonAmr dont know about USA but every application is different and the decide on its merits.

All i can say is, fill out the application giving detail to everything they may ask and present evidence to back it up.
Best of Luck

Not Long Now
Member # 10798

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not Long Now     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone

its the first time for me to reply to a post but i have been reading on the forum lots over the last year, i know some have you have given advice on the time for visa's to uk which is great, a question i have which maybe someone can advise me on, going to Cairo in May to Marry i will be there for 3 weeks origionaly we had planned to apply for the visa once we have the marriage certificate, if my fiance aplied a few week's before i arrived would it go against the application if we stated the date of the marriage and then had the certificate ready for the interview? we are trying to insure the interview is while i am there so we can fly back together, any thoughts or any other advice i would love to hear

Posts: 10 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MY HUSBAND GOT HIS VISA WITH OUT HIS INTERVIEW BUT HAD TO WAIT FOR A LETTER FROM HIS GOVERMENT SO HE CUD WRK HERE CUS HES A TEACHER CUS THEY JUST TRANSFERED HIS PAPERS SO WE DONTHAVE TO WAIT FOR A CRB CHECK ONLY LATER ON AFTER 6MNTHS OF STAY ..WE HAD GOOD CREDENTIALS HAS WELL ME AND HIM AND I DID PRESUME THE MONEY HAD LA LOT TO DO WITH IT FOR WITH OUT THEINTERVIEW THEY RANG HIM ..BUT IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL IM WISH YOU ALL GOOD LOOK ........
BLUE SKEIS WHERE ABOUTS R U IN ENGLAND WHERE U MEET UR HUBBY ..AND ARTISHA...YOUR NOT ZEKO R U ..JUST A QUESTION SORRY FOR CAPS EVERY ONE IM TRYING TO FIX IT IT POPPED OFF ..LOL LOL

Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not long now

It depends on so many factors.
How long you have known each other, how many times you travelled to see him in egypt,
finances in UK, work, military status etc etc etc

If everything is in order, and you have all documents, you can arrange interview date anytime you like. It is better to have a receipt of marriage in the UK to take with you too alongside your egy one. Go make plans to get married in UK as well. It is issued the same day normally. But they really want to know you have been together a while and the proofs of this more than anything. Also can take a month to get date for the interview!!!!!!

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know they just let sumone in on a visa marriage one ,they only been married 1mnth and shes not wrking has such family credit he was only a waiter and he didnt even know where he was going to live when they asked him and they let him in ,my solicetor says most of the time its to do with points when actually goverment ask for how many shud come into the country at a time but they must make it look like its a fiari system when its not really .my solicetor is e officer of british embassy in cairo once used to ackt for them on appeals ...i was lucky to have him he dont come cheap ..and a lot come in undetected that r actually drug addicts has well ..just a point .not saying all r like that most r genuine marriages .inshallah mine is its been 2yrs now and hes coming now afters so long ...
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
god help me [Smile] [Eek!]
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
iknow they were very busy at the moment forinterviews u need to get in fast u might be lucky and get in a wekk but the most u can wait up to is at least 6weeks ...im wish you luck ,and make sure if u do u have the all the documents ok .and now they ask u to bring your file with you at the interview u only need to submit ur application to who is going to be the sponcer of ur fiance ..ok ...and his passprt and id has to be shown they keep passprt until interview ..good luck /
Not Long Now
Member # 10798

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not Long Now     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to everyone for your advice really i'm so excited but nervous because i want everything to work out, i know we all want that for ourselves.

tootifruti
weve been together a year and ive been out 6 times to see him, we have proof like phone bills calling card receipts and lots of photos any thing else you can recomend? if my fiance applys for his visa before i arrive we will not be married at that point do you think we should apply once married?

Posts: 10 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
THEY DONT WANT YOUR FILE UNTIL THE INTERVIEW I CANT SEE A PROBLEM WHICH WAY OR THE OTHER
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
R U WRKING U DIDNT SAY U WAS ..
Not Long Now
Member # 10798

Rate Member
Hi Chimps

yes i work full time with a good salary own my own house and have good finances so i hope all this will go in our favour?

so you dont need to submit any supporting documents with the Application form then?

thanks for your help

Member # 10093

Member Rated:
still ask ok the embassy have got a policy changing there rules has they go along .do make sure u have ur documents with you any way u need proof if u was divorced even for marriage ur decri absolute and ur birthcertificate and ur passprt and if u can like i di if u no ur bieng married ur inpediment they ask for this but then when u get it they dont want it ..and i must state ur certificates have to be legalised to what country u livein at the home office in london ..ok
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
goto the british embassy in cairo website it tells u waht u shud do ..and gives u a diorect no to aks okey dokey wish u look .its not easy going but its not hard either once u know how what to do there its the marrige liceince after that comes a difficult thing all the stamping involved and money has well ,and not in one part of the town niether ....
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tooti here,

I need to do a word doc about this and copy and paste it!! LOL

Okay

First of all to get a fiance/spouse visa you DO NOT have to be married!!
They say spouse but in fact it is a fiance one too!!!!

You need to be able to support him in the UK.
He cannot work till he has the 2 year extension.
He cannot get the 2 year till you are married in UK.
When you have the 2 year he can apply for his NI.
You can get the 2 year the day after your UK wedding. It costs 500 quid on the day or 375 in up to 16 weeks from the Home Office Croydon.
You dont need orfi, but if you have it it helps.
They want all copies of your finances ie mortgage, 6 month bank statements, letter from employer, letter from bank saying how long you banked there, decree absolute if divorced, all pages of your!! passport.
Any letter, correspondance with stamps!!, photos, airline tickets, hotel bills, travel arrangements, his military status cert, letter from his university allowing travel if he is at university.
But most importantly your sponsor letter!!!
This is the key.
The interview is brief, they dont see you, only him.
If you just hand a load of documents then they judge you on that. BUT!! if you write a good sponsorship letter it gives them an idea about YOU!!! Be as lavish as you feel necessary!!!
You will be judged on this.
The embassy are not helpful, BUT!!!!!!!
you can ask for someone directly I will PM you!!! She will help.
Tourist visa's are a bit hit and miss. I would go for the spouse one, everytime.
Your man has to be cool, just answer yes no. Know about you ie when you met, dates, how many times you travelled, all trick questions to catch him out. As I say it is brief, he may be lucky, but if they suspect anything they will ask questions he should know the answer to!!

I want to make clear............
you do not have to be married to get the spouse visa!!!
You can be in the middle of divorce but the interview must be close to the decree absolute and after the decree nisi.
They want to be sure the marriage/visa is genuine.
If they smell a rat, he wont get it.
Present everything in a flexible folder to push through the bank teller slot to them in the interview. Put it all in order. Important docs at the front, misc at the back.
Make sure he is rehersed, calm, and has a drink and snack, his wait might be ages. He cannot contact you whilst in the compound. His mobile is taken. But he can shout through the gates to you. He cannot leave during the process.
Hope this helps

[Wink]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not Long Now
Member # 10798

Rate Member
Thank you both so much, for taking the time to reply, i just hope all goes well only time will tell now!!!!!!! i just want to get things underway so we can be together sorry if that sounds soppy, its strange i spend all my time worrying about this instead of geting excited about our wedding which is only 5 weeks away now
ahhhh!!! also bit nervous first time for me

Not Long Now
Member # 10798

Rate Member
Tooti

thanks so much for your PM
take care

marakby
Member # 10174

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marakby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job Tooti,

I may be wanting to help you put a more comprehensive paper on this. I have a fair deal of knowledge and expereince about these immigration issues (particularily with the brits).

If you have time we could think how to put a more sophisticated paper toogether for the sake of helping genuine people here. You can PM me if you like as I am not a regular ES visitor.

PS- anyone want to share or contribute to the idea is welcome to PM me too.

If you wonder about me... I am just an Egypt young lawyer with some expereince over the issue.

Cheers.

Posts: 48 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats different ,my husband got his visa permenant and hes allowed to work and not claim goverment funding ,he came in while im in recieve of benifits then no now>thats was 5months ago ..and he had his national insurance no after twoweeks of his working ,if you marry in egypt your papers are reconised here you dont have to get it legalised it can be done in the embassy in egypt ,i dont know whats it like for fiances or just boyfriends but it does help if you have money or a good qualifications and for me that was than .oh youhave to make sure that they do get a letter from the army if they r coming here cause of there military my husband had to do this cause he had at least 2years on his call up and he had to produce this paper at the cairo airport and they retain it there....any way thats what we did and they were ok in the embassy just be wary of the woman she can be very thorugh when she want to ..
Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Eyes
Member # 10510

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, i have not posted here before but have been reading the messages for a while. I am married to egyptian man who is going to come here to the uk. We have the marriage papers and all my documents for proof of income, house ownership, bank details and my birth certificate but do i still need to write a sponsor letter.
Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks

Posts: 2 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Hi Blue Eyes, good luck with the visa interview. Has your husband got a date for it yet? We went through this process in January and had all the documents you mention, but didn't need a sponsor letter. Just make sure you've got as much supporting evidence of your relationship/contact as possible. If it helps, can you be in Egypt while he has the interview? You can't go inside the Embassy with him, but when they asked my husband when he last saw me and he replied "2 minutes ago - she's sitting outside", I think it helped. The whole interview lasted about 15 minutes, they didn't look at any of the documents at all except for our marriage certificate and my payslips. Hope it's as easy for you!
Blue Eyes
Member # 10510

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for your reply Blue Skies, He is waiting to get his passport at the moment, We got married on the 8th June and filled in all the forms ready.
I am a travel agent in the U.K. so it is easy for me to get flights so i will be there for his interview, i will do anything that will help.
I hope it is easy too, Thanks for you help x

Posts: 2 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blue skies:
Brilliant news, artisha - know how you feel! Mine got his last month and arrives here in the UK on Monday - I thought the time would never pass, but it's so nearly here now! Congratulations!

WHO ARE YOU ???
Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
me? [Confused]
artisha
Member # 4035

Member Rated:
Hi Everyone,

How are you??? I can't believe my husband just got his visa at the beginning of June. The last time i reported he had his approval from the court and now they have just given him his visa. Apparently they lost his papers or they never sent it to the Egyptian embassy in Cairo. So he will be here soon, but not before my holiday to Egypt then we will fly back to UK together.

Bye good luck o everyone.

Artisha

artisha
Member # 4035

Member Rated:
I just want to add it seems that everyones visa application is different and is taken on its merits or you may just be lucky.

Thanks for posting all your experiences and sharing information on ES. Anyone wishing to send me PM to ask more questions or share in this topic brilliant. Sometimes i dont answer straight away because of work long hours and kids etcbut i will get back to you asap.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com