EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Deportation instead of jail time.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deportation instead of jail time.
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baker County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Woman

Tue Jun 27, 12:31 PM ET

A Baker County doctor accused of assaulting a female patient will be sent back to Egypt after pleading guilty to aggravated assault.

Dr. Adel Hassan Regaila stood shackled in a courtroom Monday as he agreed to a plea to the assault charge in exchange for a sexually-battery charge being dropped.

His medical license was also revoked and he will not be allowed back in the United States.

"This is not me, your honor," Regaila said. "I totally acknowledge that was wrong. I just have to say I am sorry and I am asking God to forgive me."

Judge David Glant told Regaila that the one person he needs to ask to forgive him is the victim. She was too upset to speak, but the judge read a statement saying her life has changed forever:

"Since meeting Mr. Regalia, my life has been a total wreck. I have had trouble concentrating, just doing simple things in life. Panic attacks come out of nowhere. I don't sleep at night and I am afraid of any man I don't know. I certainly will not let another male doctor examine me again," the statement read.

The woman helped investigators catch Regaila by wearing a hidden camera that prosecutors said recorded Regaila rubbing his body against hers and exposing himself.

"My husband is not able to forget what this man did to me. I am not able to relax with the one I love and should be able to trust. We will never be husband and wife again," she added.

Prosecutors and law enforcement officials told Channel 4's Jim Piggott that even though Regaila will not serve any jail time, the sentence gives them what they want: He will be held in jail until he is deported -- what the victim wanted to see happen.

Officials said they were satisfied that there were no other victims in the case.

"We had put out some information that we would like anyone to come forward," Sheriff Joey Dobson said. "We did not have any other victims in Baker County that came forward from that."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/wjxt/20060627/lo_wjxt/9427858

Personally I would want to see jail time for this a-hole.

And I wanted to see jail time for those Norweigen tourists in Hurghada dancing around a Mermaid statue in Pilgrim garb.

I don't see why both parties (drunk Norweigens, and Dr. Adel Hassan Regaila) could serve time and then be deported. Possibly then people will have more respect for the laws of the land they are in.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there will be non muslim in Europa then...ya god idea [Big Grin]
Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope that he cant practice when he returns to Egypt, is there any way of stopping him?
Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like justice has been served.

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com