EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » am i the only Egyptian in Brazil who is a member here..??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: am i the only Egyptian in Brazil who is a member here..??
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello all..
i am 36 man..
i am the Captain of a salvage & research ship ..
and i have my own small salvage and reasearch company..
thank god ..2 boats only..

i am in Brazil for the last 3 years..
b4 that i was in the Netherlands for 10 years..
i spent there the worst days of my life..
and i hate remembering Holland Even.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

i am now splitting my year between Egypt ( two visits a year )
and Brazil ( another two visits a year )
well..
it is a very long flight..
from Brazil to Egypt..
and not easy to find the right flight always..
this kind of trip must be booked so early..
and scheduell must be done long time b4..

now..back to my question..
is there any one from Brazil in here..???

i would like to advice him/her on how to get the best route to Cairo from São Paulo to Cairo...or from Rio De Janiero to Cairo..

Egyptians here are very few..
most of them are here long time ago..
sometimes 35 years already..
most of them have no command of any foriegn language except of portugese..the spoken language here..
unfortunately..they have no good links together..
maybe the distance..

Brazil is a huge country..
but the biggest city here São Paulo..is smaller than Cairo for sure..not that small though..
we have a serious problem of violence ...
organized crime groups are making it hell for citizens..
no place i have been in this world is more safe than Egypt..

i am leaving to Egypt soon...will get some Days of Ramadan in Egypt..hopefully..
well..
i miss Egypt...really..
eventhough i don't have friends there..yet..
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
salam from Brazil...
paulistano

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paulistano:
i was in the Netherlands for 10 years..
and i hate remembering Holland Even..

Wanna talk about those days? [Big Grin]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian Batwoman:
quote:

I had a layover in Amsterdam. We took the train into the city and it was cool.

The only image that sticks in my mind as strong as it does is this:

A tallish white man in his 40s, balding, hair going gray (from blond) and sitting crosslegged in a shirt, tie and dress-slacks. Normal commuter.

The only problem was with this dutch dude was his incredible need to dig to china via his nostrals. He went at it for the entire ride. Just sitting there picking and eating it. I could hardly believe my eyes. My mother kept on telling me not to stare. I was flaring my nostrals intentionally to get his attention and realize what he was 'up' to.

Needless to say, I saw alot of dutch you had no problem picking it and flicking it. Thank goodness this was the only dude who had to it eat it too.

What is 'up' there for the dutch? Any medical reasons for this MK?

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ya Ragal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's limited to dutch.

You should see the guys driving in london, or waiting at a bus stop, pulling his t-shirt up and suqeezing his spots!!! ugh gross

Posts: 377 | From: أنا نسيت | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ya Ragal:
You should see the guys driving in london, or waiting at a bus stop, pulling his t-shirt up and suqeezing his spots!!! ugh gross

Ya Ragal! [Big Grin]
Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
طيب ما تيجي هنا في بلدك اقطع التذركة و قولهم ايجيبت لو سمحتم هو هينزلك و يكمل طريقه

y dont u be back to wgypt. do u think u will find egyptian there

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

no thanks... i have enough drama in my life now..
thank god...
those dark days are over

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:
quote:
quote:

I had a layover in Amsterdam. We took the train into the city and it was cool.

The only image that sticks in my mind as strong as it does is this:

A tallish white man in his 40s, balding, hair going gray (from blond) and sitting crosslegged in a shirt, tie and dress-slacks. Normal commuter.

The only problem was with this dutch dude was his incredible need to dig to china via his nostrals. He went at it for the entire ride. Just sitting there picking and eating it. I could hardly believe my eyes. My mother kept on telling me not to stare. I was flaring my nostrals intentionally to get his attention and realize what he was 'up' to.

Needless to say, I saw alot of dutch you had no problem picking it and flicking it. Thank goodness this was the only dude who had to it eat it too.

What is 'up' there for the dutch? Any medical reasons for this MK?

dutch people have very nasty habits..
one of them is when you go to eat in a resturant..
they will stare at your food through the window outside the resturant..
and if they come inside...they will check every table on their way to be seated..and the food you are eating..
why don't they just check the menu..??
coz they wanna know how it looks in the dishes before ordering it..
they also gush in public...

and the worse...is farting audio type in an airconditioned closed place...like the library for example...weapon of mass distruction..chemical wepons...exist in Holland for sure..
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian_batman:

y dont u be back to wgypt. do u think u will find egyptian there [/QB]

i am spending in Egypt around half year...and th erest in Brazil...
i founf some Egyptians there...but they are very old people...65 plus...
and i cann't socialize with them..
but..
soon i will be in Egypt...2 weeks from now..
get some spirit of ramadan...and spend eid el fitr there...

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
dutch people have very nasty habits..
one of them is when you go to eat in a resturant..
they will stare at your food through the window outside the resturant..
and if they come inside...they will check every table on their way to be seated..and the food you are eating..
why don't they just check the menu..??
coz they wanna know how it looks in the dishes before ordering it..
they also gush in public...

and the worse...is farting audio type in an airconditioned closed place...like the library for example...weapon of mass distruction..chemical wepons...exist in Holland for sure..
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I've had several Dutch classmates, coworkers and one supervisor at work.

Hated all of them. And the appearance, I am so sorry, but you can spend as much money as you like on your wardrobe; these people can't dress themselves properly to save their lives. Then hair and makeup, totally like a 4 year old primping themselves.

Low-self monitor, I am low-self monitor, but they are much worse, almost anti-socail behavior here.

Then the racist comments start, never saying exactly what they mean, but tongue in check remarks. Like somehow we won't catch on to what they really mean, like Americans are too stupid to recognize a racist comment when we hear one.

And will be as unfriendly, uncooperative as anyone can be. But if you are friendly, cooperative and helpful they treat you like a self-disrespecting idiot.

Got to be some of the coldest, most condescending people I have ever met.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
well Albino..seems we finally agree on something..
we both deslike dutch behaviour..
i will also agree with you on the racism ...
and add...that they will always hide it between themselves...never show what they feel for you...the smile on their face is there...
but..the spit on your face is inside their mouth..
hypocrates for sure.. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

well..that is exactly the opposite from Brazilians..
they are very nice and warm people..
and they have great respect to my home country..and to myself..
and that makes things much more beautiful here..

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ya Ragal:
I don't think it's limited to dutch.

I'm convinced I failed my driving test 4 times because I never seem to have had the compulsory nose-picking lessons essential to obtain a British driving licence [Big Grin]
All male British drivers excavate their nostrils at every red light, stop sign or zebra crossing - usually with their little finger.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guys
you are so right about the dutch, everything you say, I live here, i know, everything about these people and im so glad to meet others who feel the same, I agree with the staring at youre food thing, this makes me mental , then i had people asking what im eating and then saying eer, thats disgusting, or , you eat to much, how, fu...ing rude,

They are jealous of everything and everyone,
rude ignorant, never use manners, Hard . cold people, and always causing trouble, my partner is ok but he still can be a pain

they really are one of the whorst nations

i will just have to move

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:

i will just have to move [/QB]

i knew that long time ago...
so i moved already...
thank Allah for that..
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
good for you to do so too..
and the best of luck..

something else i will never miss...
and i thank Allah that i am so far away from
is the smell of mariguana on the streets...metro...resturants...cafes...
reminds me of that black cloud of smoke over Cairo now adays..
and the throwing up in Queen`s day in Amsterdam...
from young girls and boys every where....
after drinking the stupid beer...

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

i will just have to move

so i moved already...
thank Allah for that..
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
and the best of luck..

after drinking the stupid beer... [/QB]

Hi pauli, I am Egyptian [Big Grin]
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Chinderella angel:
quote:
quote:

i will just have to move

so i moved already...
thank Allah for that..
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
and the best of luck..

after drinking the stupid beer...

Hi pauli, I am Egyptian [Big Grin] [/QB]
hi chindrella angel...
well...that makes two of us... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
where in Egypt are you..?

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Cairo, Pauli [Big Grin]

Dont worry there's plenty of use here

--------------------
Femme Fatale

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:

plenty of use..??????
that i didn`t understand... [Confused]

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
quote:

plenty of use..??????
that i didn`t understand... [Confused]

Sorry.... it was a typo [Big Grin]
I meant there is plenty of us here

I make many typos [Frown] 3ady ya3ny [Big Grin]

silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
From Cairo, Pauli

plenty of use..??????
that i didn`t understand...

Sorry.... it was a typo [Big Grin]
I meant there is plenty of us here

I make many typos [Frown] 3ady ya3ny [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
عادي بالزبادي
3ady bil zabady....

Egyptian Heart Girl
Member # 10155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian Heart Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m Brazilian and visited Egypt last year, in August. It was a woooooooonderful time that I will never forget. The place is really magic !!Inshallah I will go there again next year.
Posts: 19 | From: Brazil | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian Heart Girl:
I´m Brazilian and visited Egypt last year, in August. It was a woooooooonderful time that I will never forget. The place is really magic !!Inshallah I will go there again next year.

i was hoping that you might be an Egyptian...so finally i could find english speaking Egyptians in Brazil...

but since you have the intention to return back to Egypt...then i can still consider you an Egyptian... [Smile]
you have been infected with the love to Egypt parently like so many people around the Globe..
so welcome to Egypt..
my wife is Brazilian...we hope to meet you in Egypt the next time you arrive here...or the next time we come to Brazil..
but where in Brasil do you live..?????

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! A Dutch-bashing thread!

I too have some negative feelings about Holland, but I don't feel like bashing a country in which I've been a guest for 10 years now.

Let's just say that the Dutch are not the most tolerant and civilized people they have always claimed to be.

But I am also out of here. Enough said.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptian Heart Girl
Member # 10155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian Heart Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha but I can say I´m half Egyptian Brazilian Pharaoh because when i was in Egypt, people were swearing that I was Egyptian !!! The tour guide came near me speaking arabic and I told in english that I´m not Egyptian and he couldn´t believe me! Inside the bus a woman talked to me in arabic and I started to laugh and then I told her that I´m Brazilian. Even in the museum I paid the tickets as Egyptian hahaha, it was very funny. Inshallah I will go again next year and it would be great if we could meet ! My husband is Egyptian too !! Are you in Sao Paulo with your wife now? I´m from Cuiabá, in Mato Grosso. We know a couple of egyptian man/brazilian woman that are married and live in São Paulo too. They are our dear friends. Maybe we can introduce them after too.
Posts: 19 | From: Brazil | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian Heart Girl:
hahaha but I can say I´m half Egyptian Brazilian Pharaoh because when i was in Egypt, people were swearing that I was Egyptian !!! The tour guide came near me speaking arabic and I told in english that I´m not Egyptian and he couldn´t believe me! Inside the bus a woman talked to me in arabic and I started to laugh and then I told her that I´m Brazilian. Even in the museum I paid the tickets as Egyptian hahaha, it was very funny. Inshallah I will go again next year and it would be great if we could meet ! My husband is Egyptian too !! Are you in Sao Paulo with your wife now? I´m from Cuiabá, in Mato Grosso. We know a couple of egyptian man/brazilian woman that are married and live in São Paulo too. They are our dear friends. Maybe we can introduce them after too.

We live between Egypt and Brazil..now we are in Egypt..i`ll be back to Brazil in Febreuary alone..`till May then back to Egypt one more time...
we`ll be honored to meet some nice ppl like you and your hubby and possibly your friends from SP there..
the same happens to me in Brazil...everybody thinks that i am Brazilian..and they are surprised to know that i am an Egyptian..this is actually very comforting..i feel home in Brazil..
as for my wife..she is from European roots...so she doesn`t look any way like Egyptians...and this is making her uncomfortable...even after she decided to wear the hijab...people still see that she is a foriegner..
when are you coming back to Egypt..???

silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MK-Toma:
Wow! A Dutch-bashing thread!

hahahhahaha [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
it wasn`t my intention MK..i swear...
But i have more reasons to hate Holland than you i guess.. [Roll Eyes]

maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of All the countries i have travelled,iam still to find such a **** country like germany,The bastards(Not All,mind you) feel they are god's gift to man kind! [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com