EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Muslim Girl Magazine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Muslim Girl Magazine
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.muslimgirlmagazine.com

Just bought the March/April issue. I am blown away at how excellent this publication is.

Finally something I can sit down with my ex and discuss issues in real time of how Muslim North American girls can grow up with a strong deen, stable family life and still be American.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noussa
Member # 12858

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for noussa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just came across the muslim girl website and it looks pretty good! Where did you buy your issue from?
Posts: 6 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I saw it on the shelf of a local bookstore. I wish that one Sura (below) that was mentioned on the site would be an idea that can change Islam!

We know from Sura 13 of the Qur’an, entitled “The Thunder” that “God does not change the condition of a people until they change themselves,” which is among other things, a call to personal responsibility!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered mine over a month ago and so far I've received nothing. I'll give it one more month and then I'm demanding my money back!
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by noussa:
I just came across the muslim girl website and it looks pretty good! Where did you buy your issue from?

Barnes and Noble Mall of America.

A wonderful happy and very customer service oriented Asian clerk was at the cashier. She didn't give me a negative look or comment.

I seriously thought about sending in a "Atta girl" to her manager because its rare that someone in customer service is so happy and hard working.

Cripes she made me forget about a number of irritating things for over a day!

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I ordered mine over a month ago and so far I've received nothing. I'll give it one more month and then I'm demanding my money back!
I've had that happen before. Quite often with new subcriptions. The first one is often pretty late. But after that they come on time. I've even seen them say up to 6 weeks on the first copy. And it took 6 weeks. [Frown] Hope yours gets there soon. [Smile]

quote:
Barnes and Noble Mall of America.
Isn't that the really huge mall that even has its own area code? I always wanted to go there. [Smile]

quote:
A wonderful happy and very customer service oriented Asian clerk was at the cashier. She didn't give me a negative look or comment.
Why would she be negative? Is that common up there?

quote:
I seriously thought about sending in a "Atta girl" to her manager because its rare that someone in customer service is so happy and hard working.
You should then. Cuz often the really especially nice people don't get all the praise they deserve. Sometiems the more kind comments they are rewarded.

But I have had the jerks in CS. But I have to admit, most of the time they have been very nice. But I've heard often too, that southerners are far more friendly than northerners. Wonder if that's part of it?

quote:
Cripes she made me forget about a number of irritating things for over a day!
Glad for that! Everyone deserves a break from the crap. [Smile]
Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com