EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Egyptians leaving Egypt - which airport?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptians leaving Egypt - which airport?
MariaMaria
Member # 12699

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaMaria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me if Egyptians can only leave the country via Cairo airport? Egypt Air fly from Luxor to London, but I am sure I have read that they need to go through immigration at Cairo. Is this right or have I made it up!?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Feel love   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, i am not sure about that, but i am sure that every Egyption man have to get a governmental Permission to travel abroad , as he done his military services and he is clean. after that he free to go i think from every where in Egypt.Its nothing about immigration.

--------------------
Kata

Posts: 211 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there!,I travelled once with a charter flight from Luxor to manchester and there was a young egyptian doctor who was with his wife and going on to scotland,he had an egyptian passport and was bothered by airport officials,apparently by then egyptian nationals had to have a clearance from The Egyptian C.A.A to fly with charter flights,this really upset the poor fella as he had ro report back for surgery,but finally he was allowed on the flight.So pls ask before travelling.Thx

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that they can leave from Cairo and Alex (both airports, el Nozha and Borg el Arab).
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gaffy
Member # 11441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gaffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya me too....Cairo or Alex .... Maybe Hurghada, but it goes through Cairo.
Posts: 39 | From: Jersey City, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaMaria
Member # 12699

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaMaria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your replies - we really don't want to mess this bit up now we have got this far!
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tutandmoane
Member # 12060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tutandmoane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband has travelled for a 6 month holiday 2 years ago,(and did not even use a return ticket!) and more than one year ago to live in UK, both times from Sharm airport. No hassle, no problems. First time he travelled on his own as I had already returned for medical care in UK, and second time I was with him. We gave our tickets and passports, was allocated seats quickly. When we went to immigration they just verified his army stamp and visa, and let us through. We had to use scheduled flights only because I was an Egyptian resident and lived there more than 28 days. The only problem we have ever had in Sharm was when I went, alone, on business last month, and they insisted I could not enter on my resident visa because the official said it was an army stamp to prove I WAS IN EGYPTIAN ARMY !!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 319 | From: egypt/uk | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is also a port called smuggllers cove where the boat leaves only when it is full
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com