EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » fall has come (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: fall has come
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah my part of the country is having one too. It's nicer now than it was all summer.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh we have a beautiful day today here too! It's very warm, sunny, kids enjoying the playground, my little one is picking flowers on the grass...... and that's just how I like it.

We collected leaves and acorns and I am thinking to take the children this weekend to a wood in our area where we can collect some mushrooms and maybe fry them later on. Oh and don't worry no poisonous ones - I had my fair share of them in the past! Now I know which ones belong in the basket and which ones don't!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She’s here and she is beautiful. You know they say every woman is different and this is definitely the case with this Jordanian beauty. She’s more like spring during the day but around 5pm she flirts like autumn. Her cloudiness is reprieve from the blinding sun and her howling winds are definitely different from summer’s flirtatious cool breezes.

[Smile]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme
Member # 13852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
Tomorrow's wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all.

Posts: 35 | From: Rising From The Ashes | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TamerSaid
Member # 12442

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TamerSaid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh very lovely five pictures from young at heart she couldnt put them and i did for her.
its views from Loch Tummel and View

http://www.4shared.com/file/27001866/dfee8fe8/DSCN0575.html?cau2=403tNull
http://www.4shared.com/file/27001906/88764259/DSCN0577.html?cau2=403tNull
http://www.4shared.com/file/27002031/205b1058/DSCN0583.html?cau2=403tNull
http://www.4shared.com/file/27002072/dd3e84e6/DSCN0584.html?cau2=403tNull
http://www.4shared.com/file/27002130/569e4af9/DSCN0586.html?cau2=403tNull

Thanks.tam

Posts: 37 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Thanks Tamer, One day I'll get the hang of it!
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
Thanks Tamer, One day I'll get the hang of it!

Those are absolutely lovely pics Y@H [Smile] I think you realized that such roads turn me on [Big Grin] . The Lochness monster also intrigues me a lot and i have my reservations about it but I'm still game when it comes to Lochy.

The weather is mad. Georgia (north) is in a serious drought, one that caused the water to recede more than 15 feet in one of it’s greatest lakes. New Englanders are also complaining that the fall foliage is not the same with the colors darker than ever. It seems worldwide that autumn is arriving two weeks late. Her it is very weird too, well not really weird because it’s expected with Global Warming. Last week it was pretty much the beginning autumn with the first rains of the season coming several days ago, now it is more like summer with temps in the 80’s. I’m told to not fall for it because ‘sheeta’ will be here before we know it. Whatever dude!

Anyway - I got the main bathroom radiator installed today – every room had one save the main bathroom. I was going to withhold some of the 2nd installment of the annual rent payment if it wasn’t installed but to my surprise it was here when I got home. It’s pretty ugly and this is further testimony of the miserly nature of my landlord. I mean it’s his apartment why wouldn’t he invest in a modern radiator like the rest of the apartment.

Anyhow I am definitely enjoying this weather. The thing I noticed is that it is very cool inside my apartment even if it is warm outside. Its wear your socks kind of cool and this is actually bad news because it means it will be freezing inside during the winter. I don’t care though ‘coz I pretty much made up my mind that I will dish out the dough for the necessary diesel.

This is how many people do it here I’m told. They turn on the diesel (boiler) for an hour or two when they wake up and this warms up the house. They then leave it off until around 8 at night and turn it on for another hour or two. In-between and during the night they rely on a gas “suuba”.

Well enough about weather – shows you what kind of day I’m having. Very ho-hum indeed.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Important update [Razz]

Ok my landlord is without a doubt a certified miser. There is this small water tank that is somehow related to the boiler. What it does exactly I don’t know, I am just told if the boiler stays on for a prolonged period it will burn out if it is empty. The problem is the water from the city is not pumping into this small water container. Anyway long story short he wanted ME to pay to fix it. Ya ya ya (mimic Leonardo di caprio before he died in blood diamond hence it is that kind of ya ya ya and not the pathetic ya ya ya that many are accustomed to)

Anyway the radiators are working fine but the ugly radiator that was installed today only got warm after leaving the boiler on for almost 2 hours for testing purposes. So there is something wrong there and the hot water to the bathrooms and kitchen was also not pumping from the boiler. Ufffffff I hate this crap – I hate maintenance people coming in my pad period and so they need to get it down pact that first time around. Anyway hopefully these issues will be resolved w/o too much inconvenience.

This is the price that I paid today when filling up my fuel tank. It’s the same price that everyone in the Kingdom pays. .3235 JD per liter and so I understand this to be .3235 X 3.79 liters which constitutes one gallon and so a gallon costs 1.23 JD or $1.73 and that ladies and gentleman is a great price for a gallon of fuel for this winter. This of course is a subsidized price. I believe fuel subsidies for home heating will be phased out entirely next year and so I don’t know what that market price is.

fact: buying fuel b4 winter saves you a lot of money

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have oil heater and we have to pay 850.00usd to fill up our tanks . thats a real rip off. and we have to fill them up 2 times in the winter months. i guess we are going to have to get heavy blankets out this year
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
we have oil heater and we have to pay 850.00usd to fill up our tanks . thats a real rip off. and we have to fill them up 2 times in the winter months. i guess we are going to have to get heavy blankets out this year

I guess you have a 300 gallon oil tank. So how do you manage your thermostat? Do you leave the boiler on at a set temperature?

My tank is 1000 liter or about 265 gallons. I don’t know how I’ll manage the settings – I just know one thing it’s no fun making love while wearing socks. I’m curios how people manage their heat. I mentioned how people do it here but I heard that it’s better to leave the heat on even at a low setting.

I’m waiting to hear from you Mickey. And my questions are at what temperature do you leave your thermostat on? Do you turn the heat off when you are at work? Basically how do you go about it.

And it costs $460 to fill up my tank. I asked my landlord how long should i expect it to last he said 'it depends how you use it, it could last you as little as two weeks or it could last you the entire winter" ... thats like the stupidest answer i have ever heard. I mean like WHAT DOES HE MEAN as little as two weeks. He is the turn it on turn it off kind of guy. So what if i leave it on?? - On a very low setting?? should I expect to pay $3800 for the winter {i don't think so} ... that does not sound right if Mickey is paying $1700 for the whole winter and you have a good size house (judging by your picture).

I know it won't get as cold as Philly but with the non-existent insulation in these buildings pretty it'll pretty much even out.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we leave it on at 70 degrees all the time. when it gets cold. we have 4 floors in our house and you did see my house ,its all stone so hard to heat , but we don't turn it off and on , that wastes more fuel. set it to a comfortable setting for you and leave it there. hope this helps [Wink] and by the way we have 2 tanks that are 250 gallons each,

no socks for me, just a warm body [Razz]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Glad you liked the pics sei. The scenery really is beautiful in that area. Ofcourse Nessie is alive and swimming, she's just shy [Big Grin]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
we leave it on at 70 degrees all the time. when it gets cold. we have 4 floors in our house and you did see my house ,its all stone so hard to heat , but we don't turn it off and on , that wastes more fuel. set it to a comfortable setting for you and leave it there. hope this helps [Wink] and by the way we have 2 tanks that are 250 gallons each,

no socks for me, just a warm body [Razz]

Mickey … you are confusing me. You said you paid $850 to fill up your tank … now you say you have 2 tanks that total 500 gallons.

Now was the $850 used to fill up both tanks? Or just one?

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Glad you liked the pics sei. The scenery really is beautiful in that area. Ofcourse Nessie is alive and swimming, she's just shy [Big Grin]

Yes I loved them and the scenery is indeed beautiful and romantic too [Smile] I love changing seasons’ pics and I will look forward to your winter pics.

So he’s called ‘nessie’ by the natives … a cute name for the big fella.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
1 tank [Frown] its like 2.98usd for 1 gallon
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
1 tank [Frown] its like 2.98usd for 1 gallon

Sheeeeeeeeesh!!!!!!

I don’t know why you are paying so much. You should pay no more than $675 for one 250 gallon tank. This would be $2.70 per gallon(MAX). You are paying too much Mickey. Buy your heating oil now – you could save two hundred dollars.

Thieves and people speak of the 1 Genneh - 2 Genneh thieves in cairo. [Roll Eyes]

Edit: naughty gurl ... you edited your post! [Smile]

Okay but 2.98 x 250 = 745 and not $850

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sei-i taishogun:
quote:

Yes I loved them and the scenery is indeed beautiful and romantic too [Smile] I love changing seasons’ pics and I will look forward to your winter pics.

So he’s called ‘nessie’ by the natives … a cute name for the big fella.

Yes, he is called Nessie... [Smile] My students have a writing task each year (after discussing Scotland) with the title; Nessie: Fact or fiction??
Lots of them try to coinvince me he is there... [Big Grin] . Others blame it on the Talisker or Cragganmore [Wink]

But indeed; very nice pics Young at Heart.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Thanks DG, glad you enjoyed them. On the subject of Nessie he is actually a she! I'm sure she surfaces when nobody is about [Wink] I'm sure those who have seen her through a whiskey haze wake up, not remembering anything about it [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
sob
it is america [Frown] and i figured it out. its about what i quoted you the gas and oil are going up everyday

Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fall is real in Jordan – Mickey. It’s windy, cold and it’s been raining on and off all evening. I have central heat on and it’s warm throughout my place – I don’t care how much the heating oil comes out to be – this is the beauty of fall and winter when it’s cold outside but warm and cozy inside [Wink]
Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpAdEYU3btg [Smile] [Smile]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TamerSaid:
oh very lovely five pictures from young at heart she couldnt put them and i did for her.
its views from Loch Tummel and View

http://www.4shared.com/file/27001866/dfee8fe8/DSCN0575.html?cau2=403tNull
http://www.4shared.com/file/27001906/88764259/DSCN0577.html?cau2=403tNull
http://www.4shared.com/file/27002031/205b1058/DSCN0583.html?cau2=403tNull
http://www.4shared.com/file/27002072/dd3e84e6/DSCN0584.html?cau2=403tNull
http://www.4shared.com/file/27002130/569e4af9/DSCN0586.html?cau2=403tNull

Thanks.tam

where is that i wanna go now its beautiful there
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Oh thanks Tina, They were taken in an area of Scotland called perthshire, it is called the gateway to the highlands, It was an overcast day, but the following day was heavy rain, so lucky I went when we did. I'm hopeless uploading pics, hence the reason other half did it for me.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com