EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Please help if u can

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help if u can
Silvia
Member # 12969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silvia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone my name is Silvia and I am an Egyptian living in Canada. I am stuck here making a really tough decision and wanted to hear various opinions so it can help me make my final decision. I will be a high school graduate in June and I am planning to go university in the fall of 2008.In Canada we usually apply by the beginning of December and if the marks are good early acceptance offer with a scholarship is sent out. I already got accepted to the two universities I applied to as an accountant so I can continue on and be a chartered accountant. My other option is to go to Ahram Canadian University in Egypt 6th October in the pharmacy program. I love both careers and the problem with being a pharmacist in Canada is that it takes too long because 4 years of undergrad and then 5 years of pharmacy so 9 years in total. Keep in mind tuition fees 5 compared to 9 also living on my own , and air fare tickets every year to see the family. I am not sure if the living cost in Egypt is expensive, plus that I am going to be unemployed in Egypt so I will have to be in debit by taking a student loan until I am a pharmacist and pay it off. I am accepted into both programs so I am really not sure what to do. I would really appreciate any input from anybody because I have to make my decision as soon as possible so I can proceed with the procedure. I am aware that there are many Egyptians and non Egyptians in the forum so any suggestions are welcome, so I can get as much point of views as I can. Thanks for your time and effort .
Posts: 22 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Silvia,

It sounds like your decision requires you to think well beyond academics. Think about this: Where do you want to live for the rest of your life? Wherever you go to school is most likely where you will build a future for yourself. I think you would not be able to finish school in one country and use your degree to get a job in another country, right? So where do you want to live? Can you imagine yourself sitting behind a desk working as an accountant or would you rather be on your feet? Do you like working with people? Imagine that you have already made your choice. Live with that thought for a few days. How does it feel?

Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ApneaGirl
Member # 13394

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ApneaGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you already have a job in Canada and using the money from that to support yourself and have a good life then I would stay there. However at the start of your post you say ‘I am stuck here making a really tough decision’ which would suggest you are not happy where you are.

However you have 2 questions.
Firstly where do you want to live? Canada or Egypt.
Secondly what do you want to do Accountancy or Pharmaceuticals?

Although it might sound a bit airy-fairy your subconscious already knows what you want to do. So if you put 10 pieces of paper into a cup, 5 saying Canada and 5 saying Egypt and then pick 3 pieces of paper. You will then have a decision…. Your subconscious will then tell you if it is a decision you agree with or not…. i.e. if you get the answer Canada and then you feel like you have to make it the best out of 5 then really you want to be in Egypt!

It is a tough decision as Gail said where you go to school influences a lot of the rest of your life choices.

Good luck and keep us updated with what you decide in the end.

--------------------
>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸>¸.
.·´¯`·.. >`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸>

Posts: 14 | From: Hurghada Egypt | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would strongly recomend Canada,Egypt is lovely,but only for a short holiday,i speak out of personal experience,feel free to PM .
Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silvia
Member # 12969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silvia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank u all for ur help ,I really appreciate it. I am still thinking about it. I will have to make my decison by may because my university offers expire in may. I will let u know what decision I come to when it happens. I appreciate all the advice given and any further suggestions are welcome by everyone. Thanks again:)
Posts: 22 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com