EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Zahi Hawas (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Zahi Hawas
blackman
Member # 1807

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayazid,
Wow, you went back a year ago. I believe Pelyas and Egyptmed were the same person.

Posts: 342 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris II
Member # 3079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Osiris II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot believe this board. No matter what subject is posted originally, it soon becomes a sounding-board for Egyptian racial backgrounds, with absolutely nothing to do with the subject posted.
I thought this was a board based on the principle of discussion concerning anceint Egypt! Guess I was wrong! I never post anything here anymore because of the way that every subject becomes racial.

Posts: 174 | From: Long Beach, CA U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, we were talking about Zahi Hawass?
I once heard him say that before he got involved with archaeology he wanted to be a diplomat.
He has suceeded at both, and helped his country immensely, both by his protection of antiquities and Egyptian interests. Being a government man, of course he won't be taking a "radical" stand on topics... from Egyptian history to "alternate" theories.
Having met him a number of times, and benefitted from his graciousness during my last visit to Giza, I would have to say that despite being at times a controversial character, he's well deserving of respect...
for a white Egyptologist!

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zahi Hawas!!!!!
That man is a complete story ... he is a symbol of how politics go on in the region.
Hawas and Gaballah are at odds. They don't like each other. I had the opportunity to talk to each of them

I can never doubt the capability of Hawas. But the problem is that he thinks he owns the sole truth about ancient Egypt.
Whenever some respected Egyptologist or researcher come up with some idea, he rejects it and say “of course it is not true.”
He tends to overreact to modern myths circulated on Ancient Egypt, only to gain the attention of media.
Mr. Hawas was very angry from the Egyptian media after the robot went in the tunnel of the Pyramid of Khufu and found nothing. The media at time said “the Robot found nothing,” which drove him crazy. From that time, he doesn’t invite the Egyptian media to archeological news events. What at way to deal with the media????
--------------------------------
Raymon www.youregypt.com

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo*geo
Member # 3466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neo*geo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Osiris II:
I cannot believe this board. No matter what subject is posted originally, it soon becomes a sounding-board for Egyptian racial backgrounds, with absolutely nothing to do with the subject posted.
I thought this was a board based on the principle of discussion concerning anceint Egypt! Guess I was wrong! I never post anything here anymore because of the way that every subject becomes racial.

I agree. The moderator needs to moderate. We don't need 6 threads discussing the same topic.

Posts: 887 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kem-Au
Member # 1820

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kem-Au     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymon:
Zahi Hawas!!!!!
That man is a complete story ... he is a symbol of how politics go on in the region.
Hawas and Gaballah are at odds. They don't like each other. I had the opportunity to talk to each of them

I can never doubt the capability of Hawas. But the problem is that he thinks he owns the sole truth about ancient Egypt.
Whenever some respected Egyptologist or researcher come up with some idea, he rejects it and say “of course it is not true.”
He tends to overreact to modern myths circulated on Ancient Egypt, only to gain the attention of media.
Mr. Hawas was very angry from the Egyptian media after the robot went in the tunnel of the Pyramid of Khufu and found nothing. The media at time said “the Robot found nothing,” which drove him crazy. From that time, he doesn’t invite the Egyptian media to archeological news events. What at way to deal with the media????

Interesting. I wasn't aware of the robot story. BTW, how do so many of you know these famous Egyptologists? I'd have a million questions to ask if I ever met Hawass of Ikrham.

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris II
Member # 3079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Osiris II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by neo*geo:
I agree. The moderator needs to moderate. We don't need 6 threads discussing the same topic.

Right on, Neo*Geo! It's about time some rational thought was seen on this board! The racial question is flash-point enough in our everyday lives--we don't need to fan the flames here. This is supposed to be a meeting place for rational, intelligent discussions.

Posts: 174 | From: Long Beach, CA U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hawas is a government civil servant whose job it is to protect the status quo. Everyone knows what that is.
As an 'Egyptologist' he fails the basic litmus test with his statement that Ancient Egypt wasn't an African civilization. This is equivalent to a 'Mathematician' stating that the rounded value of pi is not 3.14159265!
But why are we hung up on these inconsequential things, anyway?

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blablablablackblablablawhiteblablablablablaeegyptianraceblablablablablablanothingblablablaelseblablablamattersblablablabecauseblablablaeachblablablasideblablaisblablablarightblabla blaandblablablathat'sblablablaitblablablablablablablablablabla
Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Artemi:
Blablablablackblablablawhiteblablablablablaeegyptianraceblablablablablablanothingblablablaelseblablablamattersblablablabecauseblablablaeachblablablasideblablaisblablablarightbla bla blaandblablablathat'sblablablaitblablablablablablablablablabla

The most typical response from someone unable to discuss or debate an idea or issue is to attack the individual. Unable to attack the message, they feel compelled to attack the messenger. Either that or to indulge in irrational and immature bable. It is their way of registering defeat.

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No dear, it is their way of registering boredom and exasperation with other's onesided limited approach to all subjects...blablabla...onetrackmind...blablabla...
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
the thread started out about Hawass...not race...like so many others, it was hijacked...blabla...
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Author Topic: Zahi Hawas
Kemet
posted 03 March 2003 05:57 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are your opinions of his work?

NOT let's talk about race again...bla

Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Kemet
posted 05 March 2003 08:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by egyptmed:
HAHAHAHAH! that person is sudaneswe not egyptian. i ahve never seen an egyptian looking like that in my whole entire life. this has to be a joke!!!!HAHAH

Kemet Writes: How does this relate to the original thread?

EXACTLY!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com