EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » de Lubicz

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: de Lubicz
asterisk
Member # 4878

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asterisk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
greetings all: anyone come across this writer's work on AE?
Posts: 10 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes,I have read Lubiz. I believe he was the first to point out the erosion on the sphinx. What would you like to discusss about him?

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asterisk
Member # 4878

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asterisk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ausar, I didnt know that;dou mean water erosion? and are we both talking about de Lubicz?
Posts: 10 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes,the same Schwaller de Lubciz that wrote various books about Luxor and Karnak from personal experiances.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz that was the inspiration for much of the work being done today by John Anthony West.

http://pages.zoom.co.uk/thuban/html/schwaller.htm

[This message has been edited by Artemi (edited 27 July 2004).]

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asterisk
Member # 4878

Rate Member
yes he's the one. thanks. water erosion? & had not heard of j a west but will look. have only read Egyptian Miracle and some extracts from Temple de L'homme. I am thinking he is not irrelevant to a historical understanding of the area
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes,there is a theory that water erosion on the sphinx paws proves the monument to be much older than it is. The theory is not well accepted by mainstream auidences but Robert Schoch sweatrs by it,and so does John Anthony West.

asterisk
Member # 4878

Rate Member
ARTEMI i am new at computer,just noticed link, for which thanks very much, most beautifully expressed isnt it.am also reading guenon.
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes you have to go back to the beginning to learn.....................Ausar, can you name some of this writer's books? I saw one of his books and I really desire to get on board with some of his writings.......Salaam
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Here are some of his books

To be honest I have not read much of his books but heard other speak of them. Another book you might enjoy is THE LAND OF OSIRIS An Introduction to Khemitology BY STEPHEN MEHLER The book is factual without going too much into the new age rhetoric.

Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ausar, do you think that this dude is on point, or is he way off base? Salaam
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
I have not read Lubicz material to decide. I just know he was a French mathematician/Egyptologist that defied traditional Egyptology and spent most of his life around the Temples in Waset[Karnak] and Ipet Isut[Luxor].
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much of Lubicz' work is based on a EXTREME view of the "hidden" mathematical, mystical and cosmic knowledge of the temples in Egypt. He studied in Egypt for so long and was so thorough in his research that even though people do not agree with everything he proposed, they dont call him a "crackpot" like they do West or Bauval. His work is worth reading, if for nothing more to show that there is a deeper layer of understanding beyond the simple facts that Egyptologists present about Egypt. An example of this is in the way he interperets the way temples were laid out and how the images were organized along the walls. In his view, the images had mathematical relationships to each other (each figure could represent a mathemeatical formula or hidden mathematical "truth", especially the dieties), the statues and the structure of the temple itself, all of which sometimes had a mathematical relationship to the universe. His basic theory could be boilded down to the mathematical relationship of man to nanture and the universe and the "sacred" geometry that explains this relationship as found in the temples.
Posts: 8895 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^The problem is there are alot of things we don't know about ancient Egyptian religious beliefs and may never know. Unfortunately this makes it easy for some scholars to obfuscate certain things.
Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Sounds very interesting. Is France the cradle of Egyptology? Because not only is Lubicz from there, but a whole lot of Egyptologists seem to come from France.........Also, it would be interesting to know if there were other Egpytologists who followed in the works of Lubicz and perhaps "perfected" his thought, kinda of how Carl Jung more "perfectly" represented the scientific thought that was founded by Freud........Salaam
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use of the term "Cradle" here, imo, would be a stretch. A lot of people took interest in Kemet, before the Europeans did. This has been covered in:

Europeans didn't crack Mdu Ntr after all, huh! > was also discussed here on Egyptsearch.

Not to mention...

Muslims had insights into hieroglyphs, started by Ausar.

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
I hear you Supercar. I was just hoping to show France some respect in terms of them being PERHAPS the strongest MODERN Egyptological education force from the 19th century onward. It would be great if Senegal took the crown from France........lol. Salaam
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is because FRANCE initiated the modern WESTERN institution of Egyptology when FRANCE invaded Egypt under Napoleon. Even though Britain won the war over Egypt, France still used diplomacy and cunning in gaining favor from the Muslim rulers in order to "acquire" many artifacts. In fact a sort of race began between French, British, Italian and other Europan "treasure hunters", I mean early Egyptologists, to see who could get the Muslim rulers to give them permission to excavate. It was only during the later period of British occupation that Muslim permission was REQUIRED for such excavations and the Europeans pretty much excavated at will. Of course this caused a backlash which came to a head upon the discovery of Tut's tomb, when the Egyptians finally clamped down and did not let Carter make these pieces part of his PERSONAL collection.
Posts: 8895 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Israel:
I hear you Supercar. I was just hoping to show France some respect in terms of them being PERHAPS the strongest MODERN Egyptological education force from the 19th century onward. It would be great if Senegal took the crown from France........lol. Salaam

What is "Modern" Egyptological education force. I suppose France also deserves some respect and the crown for Eurocentric attempts at moving Kemet away from Africa?
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Right on Doug: well said. Super, I hear you bruh. Trust me, if you didn't know by now, I am not a fan of eurocentrism. I was simply talking about MODERN Egyptology as a academic discipline. It seems as though France lead in that department, feel me? Like I said, us readers of Diop might hope that Senegal will become a cradle of Afrocentric Egyptology.....lol. It is a dream, but dreams can come true. Salaam
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Originally posted by Israel:

Right on Doug: well said. Super, I hear you bruh. Trust me, if you didn't know by now, I am not a fan of eurocentrism. I was simply talking about MODERN Egyptology as a academic discipline. It seems as though France lead in that department, feel me? Like I said, us readers of Diop might hope that Senegal will become a cradle of Afrocentric Egyptology.....lol. It is a dream, but dreams can come true. Salaam

IMO, Diop has influenced Egyptology in ways that has rarely been credited to him, i.e. the multidisciplinary approach; bringing archeology, cultural anthropology, linguistics and bio-anthropology together. Was it not him, who thought of doing melanin dosage tests on mummies? Many Africanists emulate this multidisciplinary approach; only now, the bounds to which biological science can be utilized, has been enhanced further by contemporary molecular genetics. It was no accident that Diop and Obenga caught many of the other Egyptologists off-guard in the famous 1974 UNESCO conference.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com