EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Hollywood Doing Movie Based on Nefertiti

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hollywood Doing Movie Based on Nefertiti
Orionix
Member # 5680

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orionix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The director of the Oscar-winning "Chariots of Fire," Hugh Hudson, and a delegation from the Warner Brothers company visited Egypt recently as part of pre-shoot scouting trips for movies on Nefertiti and Cleopatra.

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orionix
Member # 5680

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orionix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No comments? Well, strange people here...
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Orionix:
No comments? Well, strange people here...

Don't get over-excited, depending on how big the budget of the movie is depends on whether or not we'll see the RIGHT actress. They may go The Mummy way and even cast the Egyptians as white. Cleopatra I'll understand, but not Nefertiti.

Now that I think of it though, they casted Aaliyah to play an Egyptians Vampire Queen in Queen of the Damned. But that wasn't a big budget movie...I don't think.

Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by King_Scorpion:
Don't get over-excited, depending on how big the budget of the movie is depends on whether or not we'll see the RIGHT actress. They may go The Mummy way and even cast the Egyptians as white. Cleopatra I'll understand, but not Nefertiti.

Now that I think of it though, they casted Aaliyah to play an Egyptians Vampire Queen in Queen of the Damned. But that wasn't a big budget movie...I don't think.

EDIT: Actually, I just read the page you gave and it says it's big budget...110 million dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you guys think they would show the one that looks like this or more closer to the facts like the one in this link? http://egypt.news.designerz.com/egypt-hopes-to-host-shooting-of-two-big-budget-movies-on-nefertiti-cleopatra.html
Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orionix
Member # 5680

Rate Member
Nefertiti was Egyptian but Cleopatra was not. The actors who played in the Mummy were not Egyptians. The actors were Patricia Velasquez (Venezuelan) and Arnold Vosloo (South African).
theborg
Member # 5196

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for theborg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you guys like the image the forensic experts came up with. I made that film. Even Zahi doesn't argue with the image, just the findings (he's wrong). Wait until the first week of December, for my films "Rameses: Wrath of God or Man?" (what we discovered is going to shake the world), and "Sphinx Unmasked" (I cast Fellahin as the Pharaoh and Queen). The Egyptians in the films are indeed Africans, and our Nefertari is extremely beautiful (Dr. Kent Weeks saw the film Sunday, and thanked us for casting the "right" types). Egypt Week on Discovery Channel coming in December.
Posts: 35 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

quote:
Glad you guys like the image the forensic experts came up with. I made that film. Even Zahi doesn't argue with the image, just the findings (he's wrong). Wait until the first week of December, for my films "Rameses: Wrath of God or Man?" (what we discovered is going to shake the world), and "Sphinx Unmasked" (I cast Fellahin as the Pharaoh and Queen). The Egyptians in the films are indeed Africans, and our Nefertari is extremely beautiful (Dr. Kent Weeks saw the film Sunday, and thanked us for casting the "right" types). Egypt Week on Discovery Channel coming in December.

Did you cast anybody from Upper Egypt[Sa3eed] in any roles. Were the Fellahin from the Delta or from Upper Egypt? Unfortunately, I will have to rent or purchase your video because I don't have cable. I am glad to see that more ethnic Egyptians that actually resemble the ancient Egyptians are being cast in the role as actors and actress.

Tell me also if you ever plan on shooting a documentary on the ancient survivals within Egyptian soceity. These survivals are amungst the Christians and Muslims mostly in Upper Egypt. These must be documented before they perish.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hollywood caters to popular fantasies --sells tickets. I mean, have you noticed how Nordic looking the ancient Greeks and Macedonians appear in the movies? And even Oliver Stone's "Alexander" has its traditional "Nubian" servants sprinkled in...

Well here's a fantasy of my own, for the Ptolemaic Queen Cleopatra:
[IMG] http://chilax.com/forum/uploads/post-7-1073273617.jpg [/IMG]

Well, we can fantasize, can't we???

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo*geo
Member # 3466

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for neo*geo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does this guy always get casted as an Egyptian?

Odi Fehr

Posts: 887 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orionix
Member # 5680

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by neo*geo:
Why does this guy always get casted as an Egyptian?

Odi Fehr

Well, he is not. He is Israeli.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The irony of the actor is that he was playing a Medijay. Medijay are related to the modern Beja people in the Red Sea hills and Northern Sudan.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orionix
Member # 5680

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

The irony of the actor is that he was playing a Medijay. Medijay are related to the modern Beja people in the Red Sea hills and Northern Sudan.

Well considering human biodiversity Hollywood aren't very realistic. They also picked Brad Pit to play as Greek in Troy.

Kem-Au
Member # 1820

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kem-Au     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by theborg:

I absolutely can not wait. Please remind us when it is about to air.

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com