EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Rameses Reconstructed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rameses Reconstructed
Ayazid
Member # 2768

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ayazid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Rameses II.

The frontal version of the 3-D rendering of the suspected firstborn son of Rameses II, Amun-her khepeshef.

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/rameses/faces/faces.html

[This message has been edited by Ayazid (edited 08 December 2004).]

Posts: 653 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zaire
Member # 12004

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zaire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first born son of Rameses II pics look really weird, even retarded, Something about it just does not fit. I know it's not supoosed to look like the realindividual but it could look real. Just a thought, veryold topic.
Posts: 9 | From: alexander | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...wrinkles, lips, nose, ears, hair, and even the eye lids are just extrapolations on the artist's part, that cannot be ascertained. Yet these things [the soft parts], as trivial as they may seem, are the sort of items that make a big difference in how people look."

- See: Reconstruction of King Tuts Grandmother's Mummy: Annie

-----

Ps:

quote:
Originally posted by Supercar:

quote:
Originally posted by Wally:

...the nose of Tutankhamen, for example, shows the same type of physical distortion - caused by the wrappings - as that of Rameses II...

http://www.topfoto.co.uk/gallery/tutankhamun/images/thumbs/0638142.jpg

Correct, this is what x-ray imaging of Rameses' skull actually show; pay attention to what it doesn't show:

-

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003599
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He looks European, Arab or Amhara or Tigre...
plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Africa:
He looks European, Arab or Amhara or Tigre...

He definitely does not look Amhara or Tigre.
Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny though, the banner of the discovery channel episode about Ramesses looks like this:

-

Those images of Ramesses and his son are flights of Eurocentric fantasy. They aren't any more scientific than someone sketching up something in photoshop and putting it into a 3d program and calling it a day. They PURPOSELY just took the mummy in its dried up state and painted it pink and said "see, here is our modern 3d scientific reconstruction"..... yeah right. Ramesses was NEVER depicted as having pink skin by the Egyptians themselves in his time. And before they start talking that crap about his "northern" affinities and being from the delta, explain Seti I and Amenemesses (Ramesses I) appearance in the colored reliefs from the tombs and temples. I doubt you would get some Eurasian looking individual from the likes of Seti I.

Posts: 8898 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at this post today really had me thinking about something my daughter said when she saw me reading these post.

She said "Dad please tell me that they are not trying to turn the Egyptians white". I said "try, they have turned them white but what do you know about the ancient Egyptians"???

She said, "I don't know about them and I've seen them looking white in our school books but there is something in side of me that know they were a black people".

She's 15 years old, so after that conversation I went to my 8 year old son and asked him about the ancient Egyptians and he told me without a second thought that they were a black people.

What strikes me as odd is that I don't talk to my kids about Egypt and they have seen the movies with white actors portraying the Egyptians as Europeans but how do they know that the ancient Egyptians were black in color???

I thought about myself and I then realized that it didn't take coming to a forum to recognize that the Egyptians were black people it was instinct.

So then these things inspired me to ask this question:

Are we trying to debate those who teach a European Egypt or are people such as Supercar, Rasol, Ausar, Djehuti, Myra Wysinger, Wally, alTakruri, Clyde Winters, etc ... here to educate those who have such and instinct but don't have the knowledge that it takes to know with absolute certainty; that their instincts are on point.

This is not about painting a afrocentric Egypt but it seem to me that the label Afrocentric is unavoidable when pointing out that the Egyptians were in fact black. Djehuti is a prime example of this. I've been here long enough to see him being accused of being an Afrocentric even though he not African nor Afro-American but Asian.

Should my children be labelled Afrocentric even though they don't even know what the word means and their father i.e. me teach them to love all humanity without bias or culture robbing??? Their personal instincts tell them that Egypt is in Africa and that Egyptians were black, not I.

I said to my daughter as I was playing the devils advacate ... When you see conferences in Egypt or watch the national geo** channel they look Arab ... those were the first people and my daughter said "Dad don't be fooled ... it took thousands of years for Egypt to be made over ... the same will happen to the turtle Island i.e. United States in another 15 hundred years... They will believe that United States was and has always been European land".

I damn near had a tear fall from my eye .. lol as she walked out of my face shaking her head. Obviously I told her that I was just playing; though instincts have no scientific foundation I believe it is an amazing thing ...

It knows the truth when there are those who want to reconstruct it.

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I said to my daughter as I was playing the devils advacate ... When you see conferences in Egypt or watch the national geo** channel they look Arab ... those were the first people and my daughter said "Dad don't be fooled ... it took thousands of years for Egypt to be made over ... the same will happen to the turtle Island i.e. United States in another 15 hundred years... They will believe that United States was and has always been European land"
You cannot compare America to modern Egypt because invaders into Egypt never masscred or attempted to exterminate the original population. Egypt would be better compaired to places like Puerto Rico or other areas where the indigenous populations have eventually become mixed.

Also you should explain to your children ''looking Arab'' is relative because Arabs are phenotypically diverse even within real Arab countries liek Saudi Arabia. You have to be careful not to fall within the same trap you accuse Eurocentric scholars of misinterpreting the truth.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ I agree

What the media show about Arabs is all that they've ever seen. I know that their phenotype is diverse but that is hard to explain to children who will only see what the media shows them.

The one thing that I don't want to fall into is the Eurocentric misinterpretation of the truth.

My children have a love for all people but yes at the same time I have to explain the diversity of the Arab people because their are Arabs darker then myself.

Peace!~

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess you can borrow J A Rogers' Sex & Race vol.1
and show the Arab pics in it to your 15 yr old.

Old anthropology/ethnology books like

1). H. N. Hutchinson
Living races of mankind; a popular illustrated
account of the customs, habits, pursuits, feasts
& ceremonies of the races of mankind throughout
the world

New York: Charles L. Bowman & Co., [1901?]

or

2). author/editor(s) unknown
The Secret Museum of Mankind

New York: Manhattan House, [1935?/1941?]

are excellent for nothing but pics of peoples in
their countries before circa 1930 and before the
world went western in dress.

In any event both your children MUST have a copy
of J A Rogers' coloring book, Your History: From
Beginning of Time to the Present

-

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
alTakruri thanks for the books ... I'm on my way to Shades of Afrika, Monday when it opens to get these books ...

I think the thing that stuck out to me the most is how they knew without really knowning who the Egyptians were.

Most people after seeing european images of a people and having it embedded into them would go for that as a reality if the've never seen otherwise ...

Today I asked some more kids around the corner about Egypt and shockingly they came to the same conclusion as my kids ...

It may not be a big deal really but to me uneducated kids on the true history of Egypt having only seen eurocentric scholarly, movies and other forms of deception is incredible to know internally something being view externally different by mainstream.

Peace!~

Prince_of_punt
Member # 9845

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prince_of_punt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks kinda retarded!

Obviously European fantasy!

Why cant people just accept the Ancient Egyptians were black Africans?

You do not see Africans claiming ancient Greece or Rome even though these have a lot of Ancient African ancestory(Ie DNA E3b).

--------------------
Hello!

Posts: 265 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Prince_of_punt:
Looks kinda retarded!

Obviously European fantasy!

A fantasy which would be...

quote:
Prince_of_punt:

Why cant people just accept the Ancient Egyptians were black Africans?

...because "black" Africans cannot be seen as 'preceding' white Europeans in highly complex centrally-governed cultures. It doesn't square with the fantasy that "Europeans" are essentially, 'super humans'.

quote:
Prince_of_punt:

You do not see Africans claiming ancient Greece or Rome even though these have a lot of Ancient African ancestory(Ie DNA E3b).

...it is about fulfilling the fantasy of "purifying" Europeans...again, to make 'white' Europeans feel 'special'. Ancient Greeks have learnt much from ancient Nile Valley complexes. To acknowledge the latter as having derived from "black Africans", would be to acknowledge "black Africans" were capable of producing highly-structured cultural complexes before 'white' Europeans", and that 'white' Europeans actually learnt from them.
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RU2religious:
Looking at this post today really had me thinking about something my daughter said when she saw me reading these post.

She said "Dad please tell me that they are not trying to turn the Egyptians white". I said "try, they have turned them white but what do you know about the ancient Egyptians"???

She said, "I don't know about them and I've seen them looking white in our school books but there is something in side of me that know they were a black people".

She's 15 years old, so after that conversation I went to my 8 year old son and asked him about the ancient Egyptians and he told me without a second thought that they were a black people.

What strikes me as odd is that I don't talk to my kids about Egypt and they have seen the movies with white actors portraying the Egyptians as Europeans but how do they know that the ancient Egyptians were black in color???

I thought about myself and I then realized that it didn't take coming to a forum to recognize that the Egyptians were black people it was instinct.

So then these things inspired me to ask this question:

Are we trying to debate those who teach a European Egypt or are people such as Supercar, Rasol, Ausar, Djehuti, Myra Wysinger, Wally, alTakruri, Clyde Winters, etc ... here to educate those who have such and instinct but don't have the knowledge that it takes to know with absolute certainty; that their instincts are on point.

This is not about painting a afrocentric Egypt but it seem to me that the label Afrocentric is unavoidable when pointing out that the Egyptians were in fact black. Djehuti is a prime example of this. I've been here long enough to see him being accused of being an Afrocentric even though he not African nor Afro-American but Asian.

Should my children be labelled Afrocentric even though they don't even know what the word means and their father i.e. me teach them to love all humanity without bias or culture robbing??? Their personal instincts tell them that Egypt is in Africa and that Egyptians were black, not I.

I said to my daughter as I was playing the devils advacate ... When you see conferences in Egypt or watch the national geo** channel they look Arab ... those were the first people and my daughter said "Dad don't be fooled ... it took thousands of years for Egypt to be made over ... the same will happen to the turtle Island i.e. United States in another 15 hundred years... They will believe that United States was and has always been European land".

I damn near had a tear fall from my eye .. lol as she walked out of my face shaking her head. Obviously I told her that I was just playing; though instincts have no scientific foundation I believe it is an amazing thing ...

It knows the truth when there are those who want to reconstruct it.

I hear you bruh! I had the same instinct as your children when I was young. When I was about 8 going on 9 years of age(third grade), our teacher(in a overwhelmingly white school) taught us about Egypt, and one of my first thoughts about it was, "These are Black people"................At age 8/9, I instinctively knew this fact. It is amazing the amount of care that you have to do to keep yourself from being brainwashed. But I remember my first instinct, feel me?

So it is very encouraging to hear what your daughter stated. Vindicates my intutive thought of yesteryears. Salaam

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I never had any "instinct", but just went along with the crowd (or sheep) so to speak. For years I have always thought the Egyptians were "Middle-Eastern" like Arabs if not Arabs themselves. Until I got to highschool and I started to do research on Egypt. From then my whole views were changed completely.-- and not just about Egypt in particular but about historiography or how history was written. My eyes became open to the blatant though covert bias Western scholarship had (still has in some cases), and I try hard to correct it.
Posts: 26307 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Its hell of a relearning process but that is why I'm hear despite if it is what I would like to here or don't want to hear ... I'm here to hear it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com