EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Excerpts from Dr. Darkwah's book

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Excerpts from Dr. Darkwah's book
Dada Afre
Member # 5634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dada Afre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Dr. Nana Banchie Darkwah's "The African's Who Wrote the Bible"

quote:
According to western historians and Egyptologists, the (Akan) indigenous name of Ancient Egypt is lost in history. From the above analysis, however, it is most likely that Adomea must have been the indigenous (Akan) name of Ancient Egypt before the Greeks came to give it the name Aegyptus. This is most likely because Ancient Egypt was created and developed from theosophical ideas and the name Adomea is a religious reference to a geographical location.
(pg 249)

I deleted the rest of this post because I don't feel it's right to post so much from the book. I just really recommend this book and Dr. Darkwah's Ancient Egypt: The Story Africa Has Never Told, due out in the fall.

[This message has been edited by Dada Afre (edited 29 January 2005).]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting hypothesis and most Egyptology is literally hypothesis. However, you run into the grounds of diffusionism and tie directly into the Victorian era scholars who tried to attribute every high culture in Inner Africa to an ancient Egyptian origin.

Linguistics is good markers of historical origin,but where is the archaeological record to prove such a thing. What about the ethnological data and genetic data?

How many stories of the Ga and other peoples of Western Africa have been tainted by Islam and Christian missionary sources?

If there is evidence of any movement of Egyptians in large amounts to other parts of the world then it would have to be during the Late Period,Greco-Roman period,and late Byzantine period.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dada Afre
Member # 5634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dada Afre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
diffusionism

That's the problem with some of Dr. Darkwah's arguments. He claims the Akan have been as far as China and India, even England. He only uses linguistic and cultural analysis.

Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's the problem with some of Dr. Darkwah's arguments. He claims the Akan have been as far as China and India, even England. He only uses linguistic and cultural analysis.

Well, been there done that! The western scholars have tried to build up Egypt and use it to steal other people's cultures. Just look at people like Sir Grafton Smith that postulated the ancient Egyptians were peaceful ambassadors across the world that civlized everybody.

Westerners have overhyped Egypt to the point any objective means of diffusions seems absurd to most.

You can't always use the Greco-Roman observations either because even they made mistakes and could not fully understand ancient Egyptian society and civlization. When you hear tales from Diodorus Siculus about ancient Egyptians in India you just have to take it with a grain of salt. Of course I take everything with a grain of salt,and this includes western Egyptology.

I recommend you read a book by David O'Connor called Ancient Egypt in Africa. The book discusses the implications of diffusion in a scientific manner. You might not agree with all of the comments in the book but read it and tell me what you think about the contents.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com