EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Halle Berry White?????? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Halle Berry White??????
buddah
Member # 8097

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for buddah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know what you people are drinking up there in Sudan but it must be some strong shi*. If Halle Berry is white then I am black. Who in their right mind would label a woman as dark as that white. Please Please Please come to America and get a reality check.
Posts: 16 | From: fairfax, virginia USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdogg
Member # 7449

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It’s weird. Some people in East Africa seem to have an identity problem. They so want to be associated with Arabs or Europeans. Talk about brainwashed. I never new such a thing existed. I guess that’s because I’m from the US and all the Africans, Egyptian and all, I've met recognize the brotherhood. America can do that to you and QUICKLY. You know, that dose of reality kicks in fast.
Posts: 154 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YuhiVII
Member # 5605

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for YuhiVII     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tdogg:
It’s weird. Some people in East Africa seem to have an identity problem. They so want to be associated with Arabs or Europeans. Talk about brainwashed. I never new such a thing existed. I guess that’s because I’m from the US and all the Africans, Egyptian and all, I've met recognize the brotherhood. America can do that to you and QUICKLY. You know, that dose of reality kicks in fast.

To be honest with you as an East African, it is a great shame to see such posts. However I am of the opinion that it has to do with colonial ideologies still held in some section of society in these modern East African states and are taught in the school system. These school systems have their origin in 19th century Western European thought including racial ideology. The effect of this brainwashing should not be underestimated. At its worst we witnessed the 1994 Rwanda Genocide and in one of the most subtle ways an identity crisis (Hamites/Negroes). In my opinion all of this has to do with ancient Egypt and (for Western intellectual thought) its awkward (to them) place on the African continent. Ancient Egyptians had to be intellectually removed from Africa in order for these racial ideologies to make sense, hence the creaton of the revised category 'Hamites' (i.e non-African black Caucasoids resident in Africa) and so the people thought to be closely related to them at that time e.g Nubians, Ethiopians, Beja, Tuareg, Tutsi, Bahuma, Masai, Somali, Fulani et al, must have a non-African origin. Some of these above mentioned people have fallen hook, line and sinker for this ideology and have displayed this all over the forum!

Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fareed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this shows how American Racist standards are only ingrained into the minds of some people. Most nations and peoples around the world, DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO RACIST AMERICAN IDEAS ABOUT WHO IS WHITE AND WHO IS NOT!! Many people, who grow up in Racist societies are indeed so full of sh**, because that is what they were told as they grew up.

For example, Latin America, has very different standards for racial definitions, and sometimes, it is the total opposite of what the Racist Americans use. They define a white person, as anyone with any portion of white blood, who does not look totally black, or with minor black features.

Buddah, you may be well intentioned, but your upbringing has a lot to do with your way of thinking. Many, if not most people, who live outside the U.S., and even some in the U.S. have no trouble identifying Halle Berry as someone who is not Black and a lot closer to being a dark Caucasian woman, such as an Arab, Egyptian, or a North African.

Sometimes, one has to examine his own set of beliefs, before being able to move on to a higher level of thought.

You may want to study the reason why this American Racist One Drop Rule, was formally, or informally adopted in the U.S., in order to keep Whites pure and Blacks as mixed. btw, there is no such thing as a "pure white" person anyway.

Also, people with Indian and White ancestry were defined in a different way, because their Indian heritage gave them rights to own their lands, and therefore, people with 1/4 Indian ancestary were still considered white and would lose their claims to own Indian Lands.

Finally, you may be white, but that does not mean you're pure anything.

quote:
Originally posted by buddah:
I dont know what you people are drinking up there in Sudan but it must be some strong shi*. If Halle Berry is white then I am black. Who in their right mind would label a woman as dark as that white. Please Please Please come to America and get a reality check.

Posts: 229 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bandon19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
fareed first of all u people are not caucasion lol. Caucasion is european descent. But she is ethicly black and she is not deffinetly skin color wise is not white lol. Ur in idoit if u think she is white there are pure blacks that are that shade and every black person is brown. U cant call a black person who is medium complex if they are black ethicly daaaaaaaaaaa.
Posts: 188 | From: canton,ma,united states | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bandon19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
fareed and also there are dark skinnied black and light skinded blacks. No dark skinned whites lol.
Posts: 188 | From: canton,ma,united states | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
Most people out of america would consider halley berry white. Send her to moscow russia see if she fits in lol. But also see if they accept hear the are alot of racial attacks in russia. Also against arabs who are olive skin not white sorry fareed.
fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fareed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Halle is not Black, but rather she is half and half. Her mother is White, therefore, she is only 50% black.

But, because many Black Americans are actually about 20% white, then she most likely is more than just 50% white.

quote:
Originally posted by bandon19:
Most people out of america would consider halley berry white. Send her to moscow russia see if she fits in lol. But also see if they accept hear the are alot of racial attacks in russia. Also against arabs who are olive skin not white sorry fareed.

Posts: 229 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fareed:
Most nations and peoples around the world, DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO RACIST AMERICAN IDEAS ABOUT WHO IS WHITE AND WHO IS NOT!! Many people, who grow up in Racist societies are indeed so full of sh**, because that is what they were told as they grew up.

This might explain why you express yourself as such, a racist!

quote:
fareed:
For example, Latin America, has very different standards for racial definitions, and sometimes, it is the total opposite of what the Racist Americans use. They define a white person, as anyone with any portion of white blood, who does not look totally black, or with minor black features.

So doesn't this make the unnamed Latin American country(s), just as racist, by following the opposite rule of a "drop of white blood" making a person, "white"?

quote:
fareed:
Buddah, you may be well intentioned, but your upbringing has a lot to do with your way of thinking. Many, if not most people, who live outside the U.S., and even some in the U.S. have no trouble identifying Halle Berry as someone who is not Black and a lot closer to being a dark Caucasian woman, such as an Arab, Egyptian, or a North African.

What is a 'dark caucasian'? Do these non-quantified people outside the U.S. all use the term "caucasian"? Since when did you become the spokesman for "many, if not most people, who live outside the U.S.," including "some in the U.S."? Do you actually have the names of all these people, and therefore able to quantify them, in terms of their number out of the entire populations, and come to the conclusion that, it is *most* of them? Unless you can show me all this, what you are merely engaging in here, is pseudo-scholarship, to hide behind your extreme prejudice.

quote:
fareed:

Then why are you talking as though, there is such a thing as a 'pure race', needless to say, contradicting yourself?

To put it conversely, you may be black, and doesn't mean you're pure anything....because no such thing exists!

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 23 June 2005).]

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
this comment is totally out of context and does not subscribe to the truth.

Caucasian, does not mean European, but rather a large group of people, which includes many with dark complexions, such as the Egyptians, Arabs, North Africans, Iranians, Afghanis, many Indians, and others who share similar facial features, and sometimes coloration, but most often not.

quote:
fareed first of all u people are not caucasion lol. Caucasion is european descent. But she is ethicly black and she is not deffinetly skin color wise is not white lol. Ur in idoit if u think she is white there are pure blacks that are that shade and every black person is brown. U cant call a black person who is medium complex if they are black ethicly daaaaaaaaaaa.

bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
well i read it in the dicitionary the it meant european descent. Some people who diffien race like scientest make those people called caucasion but when i read it in the dictionary it meant european decent.
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
well i read it in the dicitionary the it meant european descent. Some people who diffien race like scientest make those people called caucasion but when i read it in the dictionary it meant european decent.

I don't know where you got that from, but application of 'race' to humans, isn't valid in science. I suggest you bring yourself up-to-date with what is going on in science.

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
beside i also read that its not in use the word caucasion is not scientfic. Its made up just like the one drop of blood rule.
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
this comment is totally out of context and does not subscribe to the truth.

Caucasian, does not mean European...

Okay then, what does it mean?

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

quote:
Caucasian, does not mean European, but rather a large group of people, which includes many with dark complexions, such as the Egyptians, Arabs, North Africans, Iranians, Afghanis, many Indians, and others who share similar facial features, and sometimes coloration, but most often not.

Many of these groups like Egyptians are really too mixed and diverse to put into one ''Caucasian' bracket. You might find many of the following that don't even have streotypical ''caucasoid'' features. Not just talking about skin tone either but other features like prognathism that alot of southern Egyptian people have. Not to mention kinky hair.

Caucasian refers to people from the Caucasous mountains. All these groups don't share a common heritage or history so why must they be bunched together.

If a Northern African looks like Halle Berry chances are they have black ancestry. This is not rare in places like Egypt. Lots of people in southern Egypt look like her,and this is the literal truth. Some are darker and have more African features.

Read the following about Upper Nile Egyptians[Southern Egyptians]:

As Kennedy notes:

"While the Upper Nile Egyptians show phenotypic features that
occur in higher frequencies in the Sudan and southward into
East Africa (namely, facial prognathism, chamaerrhiny, and
paedomorphic cranial architecture with specific modifications
of the nasal aperature), these so-called Negroid features are
not universal in the region of Thebes, Karnak, and Luxor."

Kennedy, Kenneth A.R., T. Plummer, J. Chinment, "Identification of the
Eminent Dead: Pepi, A Scribe of Egypt," In Katherine J. Reichs (ed.),
Forensic Osteology, 1986.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who do u guys think you are the race police? You say you hate the american racial system, yet you are using it to lable ppl right now.

Fareed on crack, he says "Halle Berry as someone who is not Black and a lot closer to being a dark Caucasian woman, such as an Arab, Egyptian, or a North African."

What are u using to classify her right now fool? The american system that you are so called against. White ppl will never accept you to be like them. They will always see u as dum ass foriegner. You are so stupid. A person like you who is seen on the street saying stupid **** like this. Should be slapped bil alem untill he comes to his senses of who he is. If you are not African, then u are niether egyptian.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
The Caucaus Region is not even in Europe, but rather in Asia.

The people who live in that area, are much closer to the Middle Eastern people, than to the Europeans and many have darker complexions.

quote:
Originally posted by Super car:

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Caucasian is derived from the Caucus mountain passage that Europeans took to enter Europe. It is essentially the cradle of European people. To say someone is Caucasian is to suggest that the lineage goes back to this location. It was once assumed that if you had a phenotype that had affinities with Caucasian people that this was indication that you were descended from the Caucus cradle and you were also Caucasian. Science has proven that this is not the case.

Your ancient Egyptians are not from the Caucus cradle. They are directly related to Kenyans. More specifically they are derived from what is called the PN2 clade. They are E3b derived specifically. E3b can be best found amongst the Borana of Kenya. It would be more appropriate to call East African people that moved down the Nile into Lower Egypt: Kenyanoids. Calling them Caucasian is similar to the foolishness of calling Native Americans Indians. Since phenotypes DO NOT denote genetic lineages then we should also not try to classify people into such false lineages but people still do just like we still call people Indians that have nothing to do with India!

Here is a Borana (a good unmixed representation of what the AE people originally were):

There is nothing Caucasian about this person. They never crossed the Caucus mountains! This is simply a Kenyan.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

The people who live in that area, are much closer to the Middle Eastern people, than to the Europeans and many have darker complexions.

This is the region by which Europeans crossed over into Europe. Indo-European people are Caucasians. I have no problem with this description. However, Ancient Egyptians do not come from this region. They come from East Africa. Only in NorthWest Africa do you have actual Caucasian crossing over from the Iberian peninsula into North Africa but few made it as far as Egypt and even fewer to Lower Egypt which is the origins of Egyptian culture.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
This is the region by which Europeans crossed over into Europe. Indo-European people are Caucasians. I have no problem with this description. However, Ancient Egyptians do not come from this region. They come from East Africa. Only in NorthWest Africa do you have actual Caucasian crossing over from the Iberian peninsula into North Africa but few made it as far as Egypt and even fewer to Lower Egypt which is the origins of Egyptian culture.

...which in no way makes indigenous North Africans like Berbers, "caucasians", because as you already realize [it appears], they don't come from Caucasia.

Plain and simple: Caucasia isn't in Africa, and has nothing to do with 'indigenous' Africans.

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

Case in point. Why then do you indiscriminately use it, to include indigenous Africans?

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
...which in no way makes indigenous North Africans like Berbers, "caucasians", because as you already realize [it appears], they don't come from Caucasia.

Plain and simple: Caucasia isn't in Africa, and has nothing to do with 'indigenous' Africans.

Actually, Berbers do have some Caucasian lineage. Those that crossed over from the Iberian peninsula were true Caucasians. But they crossed over in the Western parts of Africa less than 8000 years ago. They mixed with the East Africans that were migrating from the East. Gibraltar would have been easy for these Europeans to cross.

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Originally posted by osirion: Actually, Berbers do have some Caucasian lineage.

And so? How does this make them Caucasians?

Most Berbers, you should know by now, because we've discussed it countless times, have indigenous paternal ancestry. Nor are Berbers a homogenous group, as you seem to think. You are mainly referring to Maghrebian or coastal northwestern Berbers. But then, there are also Saharan Berbers. Berber language, is to be found nowhere else, but Africa. So what good does it do, to call them "Caucasians"?

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Fareed, you do realize that in southern Russia emerged what is known as the Kurgan culture. Kurgans are believed to have been early Indo-European speaking people that spread out. From here they spread into Europe.

The irony of this there was in antiquity and still in modern times black populations living around the Caucasous mountains. Check out the following:

The Black Sea Region

The earliest presence of black peoples in Russia was along the western slope of the Caucasus mountains near the Black Sea, in the small state of Abkhazia and in parts of the former Soviet Republic of Georgia. When one considers the rugged terrain of the area, it is not surprising that these settlements remained isolated for centuries, largely unknown to the Russian public until the early 20th century. In the early years of the 20th c. several articles appeared detailing the populations of these settlements in Batumi, in

southwest Georgia, in Sukhumi, in Northwest Georgia and other areas of the Caucasus. In these, the black peoples were called by a variety of terms: Arabs, Lazs, or Adzhars by the people around Batumi, which referred to other groups of indigenous peoples as well, who had intermarried with the black populations. Most of the people in these black settlements were Moslems and spoke only the Abkhazian language.

The most prevalent explanation of how these Africans came to the Black Sea region is that they were brought as slaves for Turkish and Abkhazian rulers between the 16th and 19th centuries. When the Turks withdrew they took their slaves with them, and those that remained gained their freedom in the 19th century. Another theory, however, places blacks in this region centuries earlier, perhaps in Antiquity, perhaps as descendants of the legendary army of the Egyptian Emperor Sesotris , who supposedly conquered parts of Asia before the second millennium. Classical writings dating from the eight century BC refer to Colchis, the Colchians being described as black-skinned. More recent writings also refute the likelihood of importing Africans as slaves, since the area itself was already well-noted for exportation of its own slaves, suggesting an earlier population of blacks. Regardless, the slave colonies that existed in this area were cut off by the capture of the Byzantine empire by the Ottomans in the 15th c., leading to the European shift to black Africa for slaves. (Bear in mind that the area of Abkhazia to this day boasts more than a hundred languages for a population of half a million. Those peoples who into the twentieth century could still be identified as black probably descended from Africans brought into the region. Their presence in the region represents an interesting and little known tie between Russia and Africa.)

http://www.ksu.ru/eng/ahern/493/mod1.htm

In much later times around 400 AD St. Jerome called Colchis ''The Second Ethiopia''.

Some modern historians regard Herodotus as unreliable, and even Herodotus cautioned the reader that his story is hearsay. But Herodotus' account is not the only claim of an African presence in Eastern Europe. In the late 4th century, Church Fathers St Jerome and Sophronius, wrote of Colchis as the "second Ethiopia" because of its black population.10

The Nart Epic of Abkhazia (on Georgia's northwestern coast) is folklore believed to be thousands of years old. It tells of 100 black-skinned horsemen who visited the Caucasus and liked it so much some of them stayed.11 Dmitri Gulia (1874-1960), a Abkhazian linguist, ethnographer and historian, amassed a large collection of words and names that were similar in the Egyptian, Ethiopian and Abkhazian languages. The names included family names, names of pre-Christian deities, names of rivers and mountains. He also noted customs and folk beliefs Abkhazia seemed to share with Egypt and Ethiopia.

http://www.colorq.org/Articles/1999/afrotravel.htm

Although the following link is slighty biased it does reference the following article that appeared in the Journal of Near Eastern Studies:

Patrick T. English, "Cushites, Colchians and Khazars," Journal of Near Eastern Studies, vol 18, Jan-Oct 1959, 53

In much later times Arab travelers around this region talked about this population. And they still exist in this area today:

Abstract
Annual Review of Anthropology
Vol. 31: 497-524 (Volume publication date October 2002)
(doi:10.1146/annurev.anthro.31.040402.085420)
First published online as a Review in Advance on June 28, 2002

AFRICAN PRESENCE IN FORMER SOVIET SPACES

Kesha Fikes1 and ­Alaina Lemon2­

1The University of Chicago, Department of Anthropology, Haskell Hall, 1126 E. 59th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60637; email: fikes@uchicago.edu

2Department of Anthropology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109; email: amlemon@umich.edu

This review traces accounts of African presence in the former USSR that are available in or have been cited primarily in English; many sources on this topic published in the USSR were strategically intended for Western consumption. This review tracks repetitions of tropes that link certain kinds of "blackness" to "Africa": It observes that treating blacks in the USSR as "displaced" confirmed Soviet humanitarianism, and produced and managed anti-Western/anticapitalist forms of Soviet nationalism and federalism. We scrutinize the ways accounts of African presence use evidence of "race remnants" that implicitly position black bodies as subjects of racial dissolution and/or cultural assimilation. This leads us to question the possibility of narrating African presence in contexts ruled by logics that wed spatial displacement/placement to racial impurity/purity. More broadly, the review addresses the utility of ideals of displaced racial communities within African diasporic criticism.

http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.anthro.31.040402.085420;jsessionid=nNyi0nrSneEe?cookieSet=1&journalCode=anthro

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
i think you meant to say, come to America and get a White Racist Point of View!

People around the world are not as racist as these stupid Americans, and they are more willing to accept others into their culture, rather than trying to define who is Italian or who is not, for example.

quote:

fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
Even, a country as Racist as South Africa, did not define mixed race people as Black Africans, but rather as Colored People.

So your playing into the hands of your White Slave Masters's Racist ideas, does not make you correct, but rather an ignorant person, who just wants to follow the established norms of your country.

This could be a wakeup call for people such as yourself to start examining why Racist White People, established such faulty standards to begin with.

Tiger Woods, is my Hero, because he made himself clear, as to why he should not be refered to as just a Black American. People have the right to define who they are and why they should take pride in all parts of their great heritage.

Only fools and idiots fail to grasp the Bigger Picture and why some people want to deny others the privilege of who they actually are.

The good news, is that people of mixed heritage are speaking out loud about these racist point of views, and are being listened to by the officials and others who set these standards.

[This message has been edited by fareed (edited 23 June 2005).]

relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tdogg:

Eastern Africa is big, I hope you refer to people who have been in contact with Arabs for years, especially in the Horn of Africa and Sudan...The rest feel 100% Black Black Africans even though they have the same features.
Relaxx

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by YuhiVII:
To be honest with you as an East African, it is a great shame to see such posts. However I am of the opinion that it has to do with colonial ideologies still held in some section of society in these modern East African states and are taught in the school system. These school systems have their origin in 19th century Western European thought including racial ideology. The effect of this brainwashing should not be underestimated. At its worst we witnessed the 1994 Rwanda Genocide and in one of the most subtle ways an identity crisis (Hamites/Negroes). In my opinion all of this has to do with ancient Egypt and (for Western intellectual thought) its awkward (to them) place on the African continent. Ancient Egyptians had to be intellectually removed from Africa in order for these racial ideologies to make sense, hence the creaton of the revised category 'Hamites' (i.e non-African black Caucasoids resident in Africa) and so the people thought to be closely related to them at that time e.g Nubians, Ethiopians, Beja, Tuareg, Tutsi, Bahuma, Masai, Somali, Fulani et al, must have a non-African origin. Some of these above mentioned people have fallen hook, line and sinker for this ideology and have displayed this all over the forum!

Yuhi VII,
I think tdogg is referring to some people from the Horn of Africa and Sudan who have been in contact with the Arab world for centuries. Many Eastern African haven't been in such direct contact with Arabs even though they have the same features as people from the Horn of Africa and as certain people from Sudan like the Bejas, and they feel black and don't need to distance themselves from other Africans even if they are different in features. It's just a cultural problem and because of some foreign admixture in certain cases that's causing that.
Relaxx

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
quote:
Caucasian is derived from the Caucus mountain passage that Europeans took to enter Europe. It is essentially the cradle of European people. To say someone is Caucasian is to suggest that the lineage goes back to this location. It was once assumed that if you had a phenotype that had affinities with Caucasian people that this was indication that you were descended from the Caucus cradle and you were also Caucasian. Science has proven that this is not the case.

Your ancient Egyptians are not from the Caucus cradle. They are directly related to Kenyans. More specifically they are derived from what is called the PN2 clade. They are E3b derived specifically. E3b can be best found amongst the Borana of Kenya. It would be more appropriate to call East African people that moved down the Nile into Lower Egypt: Kenyanoids. Calling them Caucasian is similar to the foolishness of calling Native Americans Indians. Since phenotypes DO NOT denote genetic lineages then we should also not try to classify people into such false lineages but people still do just like we still call people Indians that have nothing to do with India!

Here is a Borana (a good unmixed representation of what the AE people originally were):

There is nothing Caucasian about this person. They never crossed the Caucus mountains! This is simply a Kenyan.

Osirion,
You really get point on unmixed Eastern Africans. Thumbs up!!!!
Relaxx

relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
quote:

By the way they have the highest amount of E3b so far, more than Somalis and are pure blacks...Somalis claim that they were originally Oromo (Borana are the purest Oromos)...
Relaxx

Topdog
Member # 6753

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topdog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Halle is not Black, but rather she is half and half. Her mother is White, therefore, she is only 50% black.

But, because many Black Americans are actually about 20% white, then she most likely is more than just 50% white.

Don't pull fallacious number out of your butt, Black Americans are 6-17% non-African genetically.

Posts: 328 | From: Vicksburg, Mississippi | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMR1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RELAX

AE WERE NOT AS DARK SKNNED AS THE PICTURE OF THAT PERSON ABOVE. They were dark brown and their women, yellow light. i THINK THE WOMEN INDICATE THE REAL COLOUR OF AE, as the men stayed in the sun all day.

But Egyptian you are right are not caucasians, a mixed race.

Halle Perry for us in Sudan she will thought as an Egyptian or a white person, in a society which is very dark taht is how we will describe her.

IT IS ALL RELATIVE.

Posts: 1090 | From: Merowe-Nubia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdogg
Member # 7449

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn’t mean to offend or generalize, that’s why I said some East Africans. I was referring to the confused members on this board (you know who you are). I believe they are the minority. I know many Africans do not share in their views. When they look at me as I do them, they see a kinship. No, we may not be related genetically, but there’s still a bond. Like it or not, people of our hue are on the bottom of the totem pole. The only way to bring us to the top is to stick together. Fighting over petty things like who is more Arab or White, or what percentage of a person is Black, plays right into the master plan, Divide and Conquer.

Sorry, but I can’t believe you are arguing over shades of brown? If you want to be part of the light brown race, medium brown race, or dark brown race, don’t come to America. A Honda Civic, a Honda Accord, and a Honda S2000 are all different cars, but they are still Hondas.

Posts: 154 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMR1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Topdog:
Don't pull fallacious number out of your butt, Black Americans are 6-17% non-African genetically.

I THINK NO ONE KNOW THAT PERCENTAGE.

Posts: 1090 | From: Merowe-Nubia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buddah
Member # 8097

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for buddah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think this shows how American Racist standards are only ingrained into the minds of some people. Most nations and peoples around the world, DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO RACIST AMERICAN IDEAS ABOUT WHO IS WHITE AND WHO IS NOT!! Many people, who grow up in Racist societies are indeed so full of sh**, because that is what they were told as they grew up.

Sometimes, one has to examine his own set of beliefs, before being able to move on to a higher level of thought.

You may want to study the reason why this American Racist One Drop Rule, was formally, or informally adopted in the U.S., in order to keep Whites pure and Blacks as mixed. btw, there is no such thing as a "pure white" person anyway.

Also, people with Indian and White ancestry were defined in a different way, because their Indian heritage gave them rights to own their lands, and therefore, people with 1/4 Indian ancestary were still considered white and would lose their claims to own Indian Lands.

White is a color. So you tell me how you can be white and dark at the same time. It makes no sense. Arabs have always tried to asismilate with us. But as said before you will never ever no matter where be accepted as white no matter how light you are you are not white. White means both your parents are white usually from some EUROPEAN country. Not the middle east.

Posts: 16 | From: fairfax, virginia USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member

[This message has been edited by AMR1 (edited 23 June 2005).]

AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
quote:

The Borana are also very mixed race, far from pure negroic people.

Borana, many have been pushed to Ethiopia and East Africans ruled southern Arabia, traded with them and there is serious admixture between the two regions.

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Topdog:

that would be less than 68% of black amercians with some form of non-black blood.

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
deleted

[This message has been edited by kenndo (edited 23 June 2005).]

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by relaxx:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by YuhiVII:
[b] To be honest with you as an East African, it is a great shame to see such posts. However I am of the opinion that it has to do with colonial ideologies still held in some section of society in these modern East African states and are taught in the school system. These school systems have their origin in 19th century Western European thought including racial ideology. The effect of this brainwashing should not be underestimated. At its worst we witnessed the 1994 Rwanda Genocide and in one of the most subtle ways an identity crisis (Hamites/Negroes). In my opinion all of this has to do with ancient Egypt and (for Western intellectual thought) its awkward (to them) place on the African continent. Ancient Egyptians had to be intellectually removed from Africa in order for these racial ideologies to make sense, hence the creaton of the revised category 'Hamites' (i.e non-African black Caucasoids resident in Africa) and so the people thought to be closely related to them at that time e.g Nubians, Ethiopians, Beja, Tuareg, Tutsi, Bahuma, Masai, Somali, Fulani et al, must have a non-African origin. Some of these above mentioned people have fallen hook, line and sinker for this ideology and have displayed this all over the forum!

Yuhi VII,
I think tdogg is referring to some people from the Horn of Africa and Sudan who have been in contact with the Arab world for centuries. Many Eastern African haven't been in such direct contact with Arabs even though they have the same features as people from the Horn of Africa and as certain people from Sudan like the Bejas, and they feel black and don't need to distance themselves from other Africans even if they are different in features. It's just a cultural problem and because of some foreign admixture in certain cases that's causing that.
Relaxx

[/B][/QUOTE]

IN modern day east africa most blacks would have features that are the same as west or central africa but as we know they vary in all regions.
the horn of africa would be the place where there were greater contact with outsiders but most folks there are still clearly black(negriod),and some of those features found in the horn of africa may not because of white genes but for some it is so it is a mixed bag there.

sudan of course is not in the horn of africa,but many of the black arabs there do have some form of white genes but not all.

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by AMR1:

Borana, many have been pushed to Ethiopia and East Africans ruled southern Arabia, traded with them and there is serious admixture between the two regions.

i do not know much about these folks but i do not trust what you are saying because you have a bad track record with the facts so i do not think you are telling the truth or all of it any way.

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
RELAX

AE WERE NOT AS DARK SKNNED AS THE PICTURE OF THAT PERSON ABOVE. They were dark brown and their women, yellow light. i THINK THE WOMEN INDICATE THE REAL COLOUR OF AE, as the men stayed in the sun all day.

But Egyptian you are right are not caucasians, a mixed race.

Halle Perry for us in Sudan she will thought as an Egyptian or a white person, in a society which is very dark taht is how we will describe her.

IT IS ALL RELATIVE.

halle berry first of all looks clearly black and i only knew she had a white parent when she said it,so she is does not look white and she said she is a proud black woman so get over it.

fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
She might be socially black, but biologically more white than black. So, try to get over this thing!!

tdogg
Member # 7449

Rate Member
I don't see a white woman. I see a black woman, even though my mother is white. Knowing that has made my life easier, I think. --Halle Berry

I was black growing up in an all-white neighborhood so I felt like I just didn't fit in. Like I wasn't as good as everybody else or as smart, or whatever. --Halle Berry

buddah
Member # 8097

Rate Member
quote:
She might be socially black, but biologically more white than black. So, try to get over this thing!!

What??? How in the world is she biologically white. A rabs are not white. Is Halle Berry from Europe what would make her white please explain. It seems to me you want her to be white because maybe you will feel better about yourself. Next thing you will tell me is Saddam Hussein is white. Ha Ha. Get a self esteem and be what you really are.

Topdog
Member # 6753

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topdog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Very mixed with what idiot? Somalis have only 15% Eurasian mixture which is *NOT* very mixed and Borana are non Islamicised Oromo people who have had little contact with Arabians. Tell me something thats 'south Arabian' like about that Borana woman and also prove with evidence that Borana are 'very mixed'.

[This message has been edited by Topdog (edited 23 June 2005).]

Posts: 328 | From: Vicksburg, Mississippi | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand she is half white, half is half, no more, no less.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
hormhab she is half white but hes talking not about mixed people. But non mix people who i that shade or look like her u dont have to be mullato to look like that.

Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
I understand she is half white, half is half, no more, no less.

Ask Halle Berry if she is Black or white and she will proudly tell you that she is Black!!

End of the discussion.

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fareed:
[b]I think this shows how American Racist standards are only ingrained into the minds of some people. Most nations and peoples around the world, DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO RACIST AMERICAN IDEAS ABOUT WHO IS WHITE AND WHO IS NOT!! Many people, who grow up in Racist societies are indeed so full of sh**, because that is what they were told as they grew up.

White is a color. So you tell me how you can be white and dark at the same time. It makes no sense. Arabs have always tried to asismilate with us. But as said before you will never ever no matter where be accepted as white no matter how light you are you are not white. White means both your parents are white usually from some EUROPEAN country. Not the middle east. [/B][/QUOTE]

I wonder why our pro-European Arab friends are not addressing what this causcasion man just wrote? This is how white people view you, straight from the horses mouth.

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com