EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » What Exactly Are Egyptians Mixed With?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Exactly Are Egyptians Mixed With?
waduptho
Member # 8286

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for waduptho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am not egyptian. i just take interest in mixed cultures.

first i would like to straight up know what egyptians are mixed with.

second, where nubians the only blacks that "originated" in egypt? i have a half black- half egyptian friend who is saying blacks originate in egypt, therefore egyptians have alot of african blood in them.

third, just give me some more backround information.

thank you

Posts: 1 | From: sdfhh | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Africa. That is all there needs to be.
It makes no difference as humanity needs to seek the unity of oneness in the push for survival.
A man ia a man is a man. Any distinction is based on goodness, evil, ignorance.

hoda hafez

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well first off modern and ancient egypt are two different things.

The ancient civilization of Egypt started out in upper egypt as a black african civilization.

Later in late dynasties after many invasions many invaders and settlers came into egypt from different backgrounds of greek, persian, hykos, syrian, turkish, berber, etc.... These ppl mixed with the ppl and accepted the culture. Once you accept the egyptian culture you are egyptian. The biggest migration of ppl came during ottamen times, especially elite turks who came to live in egypt.

Modern egyptians, are a diverse ppl. Like brazil, DR, PR, cuba, etc... Egyptians can come in black(upper egyptians, nubian egyptians) Malautto(mixed black, with other backgrounds of either arab, turkish, syrian, greek; these ppl are a great portian of population), Thier are brown ppl(bedions), and last you will find the elite class(the rich class of ppl who have backgrounds to syrian, turkish, armenian, or greek background some can be have egyptian blood in them).

The skin color spectrum varies from dark brown too wheatish lightish brown. Nubians can vary from jet black to light brown.

All together modern egyptians are Africans wheather they like it or not. Egypt is part of Africa, Nile runs through Africa peroid. Politics plays no role on what the region of Egypt is part off.

[This message has been edited by multisphinx (edited 09 July 2005).]

[This message has been edited by multisphinx (edited 09 July 2005).]

Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lower Egyptians (in the Cairo/Alexandria area) are mostly Arabs with mediterranean admixture and a slight bit of black African. Upper Egyptians (from Luxor south) are mostly blacks, ranging from Beyonce's color to dark brown/black. Middle Egyptians are a mix of the blacks from Upper Egypt and mixed people from Lower Egypt.

if your friend is Upper Egyptian he could accurately call himself all black.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TooInvolved
Member # 8273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TooInvolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
therefore egyptians have alot of african blood in them...

Did you not know that Egypt is in AFRICA?

Posts: 74 | From: Phila., PA , USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
doesn't everyone? lol

anyway many Egyptians are racially close to Ethiopians, Kenyans, and Somalis and could blend in well with them.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TooInvolved
Member # 8273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TooInvolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think waduptho knew that.

Egyptians also mingled with peeps across the mediterranean. Look at Sicilians, that's why they're so dark.

Posts: 74 | From: Phila., PA , USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

quote:
I don't think waduptho knew that.

Egyptians also mingled with peeps across the mediterranean. Look at Sicilians, that's why they're so dark.

Egyptians never intermingled much with Southern Europeans. Mostly with Western Asians. Southern Europeans did migrate to Egypt and intermingle with Egyptians,but not in reverse.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TooInvolved
Member # 8273

Rate Member
I'm not sure what the diff. is for the purposes of this conversation.
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Egyptians never intermingled much with Southern Europeans.

Thought Writes:

This topic may warrant a different thread. Martin Bernal may disagree with you Ausar. There is CLEAR evidence of Ancient Egyptians intermingling with Aegean (southern European) populations.

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kembu
Member # 5212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kembu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thought2:
Thought Writes:

This topic may warrant a different thread. Martin Bernal may disagree with you Ausar. There is CLEAR evidence of Ancient Egyptians intermingling with Aegean (southern European) populations.

Egyptians did not intermingle as much with Southern Europeans as they did with Western Asiatics. Most modern Egyptians are more a product of original Africans and Western Asiatics, with negligible Southern European admixture (Greeks and Romans). Delta Copts probably have more Southern European ancestry than Western Asian admixture.

Posts: 145 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kembu:

Egyptians did not intermingle as much with Southern Europeans as they did with Western Asiatics. Most modern Egyptians are more a product of original Africans and Western Asiatics, with negligible Southern European admixture (Greeks and Romans). Delta Copts probably have more Southern European ancestry than Western Asian admixture.

Thought Writes:

Why did you quote my statement? Your response has no relation to what I stated?

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com