EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » egpyt was black and so was libya algeria and morroco! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: egpyt was black and so was libya algeria and morroco!
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

quote:
defenition of the haratins for Djehuti and me (because i had given an incorrect answer):
quote: HARATIN Haratin is derived from the Arabic word freedom, yet they are believed to be the wretched of the Mauritanian desert. In Mauritania the term has been applied on former slaves whereas the current slaves are called abid, singular abd. Both categories are still economically and culturally attached to their present or former Arab masters (Mercer, 1982, Africa Watch, Paringaux, 1990). The Harantins are of negroid descent who were kidnapped into slavery by the Arab Mauritanians (Diallo, 1989, Africa Watch, 1990. They have lost
almost every aspect of their African origin but their black colou

This is only Mauritania. Haratin don't just live in Mauritania but also in regions like Morocco,Libya and southern Algeria. The Mauritanian Haratin might have a slave origin but the ones attached to the Tuareg are indigenous Oasis dwellers that were implimented into the Tuareg caste system. Even your Berber scholar named Helene Hagan says that the Haratin are indigenous dwellers of the Sahara.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com