EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The ancient Berber (Libyan) tribes (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The ancient Berber (Libyan) tribes
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mazigh:
I think there is no need to despute this case, because i gave the sources of experts who studied the sahara for long years. there conclusions are based on depictings and remains studies.

And exactly which depictions and which remains are you referring to??

I've seen all the cave paintins from places like Tassili N Ajer and they all depict black people. Which pictures are YOU talking about?

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mazigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
And exactly which depictions and which remains are you referring to??

I've seen all the cave paintins from places like Tassili N Ajer and they all depict black people. Which pictures are YOU talking about?

really ? did you seen them ? how many depicts there are ?

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mazigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did you seen them ? online or through visiting ?
if you saw them online, can give the link please !

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
I can at least show there was a human variety in the central desert in 'tissili n ajjer':

black people:

brown people:

http://aars.site.voila.fr/

Can anyone find some depicts of central saharan people with feathers on their head ?[they would be libyans/berbers]

[This message has been edited by Mazigh (edited 09 September 2005).]

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Here is a link I found on Saharan rock-art.

Saharan rock art phases

According to the dating of the rock art there is the Bubaline[round-head artwork] 6000-4000 B.C. and the second phase Cattle rock art 4000 B.C.-?

The pastoralist in the rock art have often been called 'Ethiopians' but are possibly the ancestors of the Fulani. Because the cattle ritual is very similar to that of the modern Fulani.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
those drawings are clearly showing there were a strong human variety in the central sahara:

black-, brown- and fair-skinned people:

http://aars.fr/products.html

but there are no peoples with feathers, either.

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
i found this following image in the link given by ausar:

http://www.hp.uab.edu/image_archive/ta/tad.html
she/he is fair-skinned i see, isn't he/she ?

[This message has been edited by Mazigh (edited 09 September 2005).]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How did you seen them ? online or through visiting ?
if you saw them online, can give the link please !

Most pictures I've seen come from books, I will try to post some sometime in the future. Unfortunately, for some reason there aren't that many sites though.

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
brown people:

http://aars.site.voila.fr/...

she/he is fair-skinned i see, isn't he/she ?

Mazigh, these depictions hardly look totally human and seem to be symbolic rather than natural! The people you call "brown" look more yellow and orange with spherical heads, and the "fair-skinned" one looks like a blanked out totally whited-out person. The black ones look more naturalistic.

I agree with Ausar that some of the paintings are symbolic. One picture I saw showed a cattle-culling scene. Most of the cattle were brown in color with some splotches while a few, interestingly enough, dead cattle were depicted as totally white. Again, there must be something symbolic.

The people are shown black or brown with natural features, or they are shown orange and yellow with geometric features, or just plane white--no red hair, no blue eyes, just white!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
And again there begs the question. If there were white people in the middle of Africa 7,000-8,000 B.C, what were they doing there and where did they come from?

The reason why I'm a little annoyed by this is that a similar situation is happening in Asia. Ever since the discovery of the Takla Makan mummies in Turkistan, Western scholars are coming up with all these crazy theories on the presence of whites in Asia at a very early date. Some are even suggesting that they were the originators of Tibetan and Chinese culture!

Again I see this pattern when it comes to the white Berbers of North Africa like the Riff and Kabyle. Some scholars are trying to attribute the Central Saharan culture to them! The mummy Ian Muggugiag was dubbed the "black mummy", not the white mummy so where did all of this white people in the Sahara come from??

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
those strange persons aren't symbolic depicted, they seem to had round heads, and their colour was rose (not symbolic).

I just tried to show some varieties among the central saharan people. they aren't the libyans. i believe.

there was another image with white, black and black people.

the scholars doesn't despute that the central sahara was inhabited by black people, but they say there appeared a white race in it in the period between 7000 and 5000 b.C.

[This message has been edited by Mazigh (edited 10 September 2005).]

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
quote:
[B]those strange persons aren't symbolic depicted, they seem to had round heads, and their colour was rose (not symbolic).

I'm not sure.

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
This is a depict of the so-called "saharan libyans":
(their whiteness is unmistaken, but we can't see neither blue eyes, nor tattoes, nor feathers)

this following drawing, depicts saharan libyan with feathers according to the source, but they are not clear in the image:

http://ennedi.free.fr/cabal2.htm

[This message has been edited by Mazigh (edited 10 September 2005).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com