EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » try this guys

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: try this guys
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
out of these pictures, which picture shows Ethiopians, which shows Egyptians, and which shows Somalis?

and to throw in, is this girl Ethiopian, Egyptian, or Somali?

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mazigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you acknowledge that the modern egyptians are the descendansts of the ancient egyptians ?
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually not all of them are. i am sure that many people migrated into Egypt after it's decline.

can someone just answer the question?

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see why she would not.

When it comes to the Ancient Egyptians it has never been a matter of whether or not the Modern Egyptians and Modern Egypt as a population today is descended from the Ancient it is about their alternate ancestral sources that have influenced the modern apearance which several people on here attempt to deny in an attempt to distort the phsyical appearance of the Ancients.

Again, I'll use myself as an example. I am an African-American and I am a descendant of the Ancient Americans.

That does not mean my physical appearance is representative of the Ancient people who are indegenious to the land in my country 5000 years ago.

There are certain groups of Americans who resemble these people and there are certain groups who do not or do not as much resmble them. That is in no way a hateful statement or an attempt to portray anyone else as less "American" it is just a fact based on our understanding of history.

The same is true of every region of the world. Some populations such as Japan have a predominate population that represents the ancient population of that region thousands of years ago. Some do not such as most of the Western hemisphere and some parts of the "Middle East".

The sooner people learn to respect and understand history the closer we will get to an honest representation of Ancient Egypt.

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
i agree with you all the way. Modern Egyptians are descendants of Ancient Egyptians because they live on the same land and represent what Egypt is today. but it doesn't mean that they are of the same stock as the Ancient Egyptians (although i am sure some are).

wow, nobody's answered my original question

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Walk, next time you post pictures you might want to post them from photobucket. I can right click many of the of the pictures and get the exact title of them. Otherwise, people will cheat and ruin the thread.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
i don't know how to do that.
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right click your desktop screen, higlight NEW and then click folder. Once you have a folder name it whatever you like.

Go to photobucket and make an account its free:
http://photobucket.com/

save photos to the folder you mad eand then upload them to your photobucket. You can rename them whatever you like. This thread is a good idea it can eliminate bias. If you are going to make a thread with mystery choices name the pictures a non specific title like "Pic #1" or "Mystery Pic" or something so they have no idea where you got it from.

I was just holding out because I knew atleast one of your pics and didn't want to ruin the thread. You posted the pic of the little girl in the last pic before.

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
it's ok, thanks can you identify the first 3 pictures?
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
I'm going to take a guess.

1. Somalis

2. Ethiopian

3. Egyptians

By the way I'm always looking for images of Modern Africans from different populations can you tell me the answers on Nile Valley through PM?
http://phpbb-host.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=thenile

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
walk,

I and 2 are interchangeable between Ethiopian and Somali with the 3rd being Egyptian. WHy the 3rd is Egyptian is the body of water (Nile) with the 2 animals showing the black water providing agriculture. Ethiopia and Somalia are not so blesses with water and livestock.

The buildingd in the background are of an urban area and both Ethiopia and Somalia is highly underdeveloped!

allahu akbar

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
you are right about the third being Egypt. do you think the last picture of the little girl is Egyptian, Ethiopian, or Somali?
Ayazid
Member # 2768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayazid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by walklikeanegyptian:

These people are certainly Nubians.

Posts: 653 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have noticed one thing....these people are all poor. Anyone over there have any money?
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
I have noticed one thing....these people are all poor. Anyone over there have any money?

Yes your fat hill billy ass does. And they are not poor, money does not bring happiness see the smiles on their faces, they dont need ur rotten money.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
multi...relax and have a drink, you are getting out of control. Fact is, 99% of the pictures you guys post here are poor people, just asked why that is?
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
walk,

For all practical purpose, the girl is egyptian. Her ethnic identity is a little tricky. She does not have the phenotypical East African facial structure (like Iman) so she may be from the delta or somewhat North. It may be cool according to what she is wearing, and appears well fed.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
yes you're right, she's from the Siwa Oasis in Western Egypt.

Ayazid, those kids are not Nubian. and even if they were, Nubians have been in Egypt forever and deserve the title "Egyptian" just as everyone else does.

Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Hehe, I just checked the hyperlinks of your pics Walk and it appears as though I was right with my guess the first time.

Did you make a photobucket account?

You should make one and give your pics special names any time you want to have an anonymous pictorial guessing game.

walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
do you think those kids were Nubian? the bottom pic, i mean. they were from Aswan but they weren't Nubian.
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
No I don't think so.

To those opposed to the indegnious roots of Black people in Egypt 'unmistakeably Black' = Nubian.

There needs not be any logic behind such an accusation it is just an opinion of people who are biased.

That family would not look out of place in America, The Caribbean, Trinidad, Brazil or anywhere else where people of Black African descent are prominent. The father looks like several people I see on the street every day there is nothing stereotypical about their features that would make me believe they MUST
belong to the Sudan.

You're right though Walk, Nubia is not the proper name of the Ancient Kingdom to the South of Ancient Egypt it was called Ta-Seti, the land of the bow and later Kush. Nubia covers a territory of both Modern Southern Egypt and Northern Sudan, the people in Egypt that are called Nubians are just as indegenious as a population in Egypt as anyone else.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mansa Musa:
You're right though Walk, Nubia is not the proper name of the Ancient Kingdom to the South of Ancient Egypt it was called Ta-Seti, the land of the bow and later Kush. Nubia covers a territory of both Modern Southern Egypt and Northern Sudan, the people in Egypt that are called Nubians are just as indegenious as a population in Egypt as anyone else.

Actually, the term Nubia is the name the Romans gave for the lands south of Egypt. Ethnically, the 'Nubians' consisted of various groups of people-- some enemies of Egypt while others allies.

Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Actually, the term Nubia is the name the Romans gave for the lands south of Egypt. Ethnically, the 'Nubians' consisted of various groups of people-- some enemies of Egypt while others allies.

Yes, I am aware of that. I'm just talking about the fact that the term "Nubia" is often generalized today by Egyptology as a unified kingdom South of Egypt and completely distinct from it when the modern Nubians are indegenious to both Southern Egypt and Sudan.

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually the term "Nubia" is said to have been Egyptian, which was in reference to its southern nome, I believe in the Old Kindgom [if my memory serves me correct]. The Kemetians certainly didn't apply to a whole southern region, but as with other Kemetian terms, the term was later on corrupted by foreign invaders.
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
I was under impression it referred to the "Land of Nub (Gold)" or something like that.
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

quote:
Actually the term "Nubia" is said to have been Egyptian, which was in reference to its southern nome, I believe in the Old Kindgom [if my memory serves me correct]. The Kemetians certainly didn't apply to a whole southern region, but as with other Kemetian terms, the term was later on corrupted by foreign invaders.

No, the term Nubia comes from ''Nub'' meaning gold. The term was never used to refer people south of them. There are a series of terms used by Egyptians such as ta-seti,Yam,Wawat,or etc...

Nubia never became widely used intill the Greco-Roman period.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member

quote:
Again, this is WRONG!

The term Nubia has nothing to do with gold, whatsoever. This is only a theory that was started by some ill-informed Eurocentric Scholars and adopted as fact by IGNORANT people.

Can you provide evidence otherwise? What is the etymology of the term Nubia?

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Can you provide evidence otherwise? What is the etymology of the term Nubia?

Yes Abozo, can you provide any evidence to your "claims"?!! How funny you talk about "Eurocentrics" when YOU yourself follow their discourse now you talk about them when in reference to Nubia. Whis is that??

Afrangi fool.

Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sanaag
Member # 7919

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sanaag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are most definately Northern Sudanese or Egyptian.
Posts: 280 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com