EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT:Where are you people from? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OT:Where are you people from?
Sanaag
Member # 7919

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sanaag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just curious.. I thought majority of the posters were Egyptian untill I came to this section.. and I'm having a hard time believing Egyptians are that afro centric.. I think most of you are Black africans or African Americans.

State your nationalities plz and tell us why u have chosed to come to this place?

Posts: 280 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am a self identified black American girl of Egyptian heritage, and i ran across this site while looking for information on the Nefertiti reconstructions.
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sanaag
Member # 7919

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sanaag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is one of your parents Egyptian?? or are they both Egyptians? U know.. the dark Egyptians..
Posts: 280 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my cousin (who posted here before on this username) is mostly Egyptian, her father isn't 100% though (if you see old posts it's her saying this). i am part Egyptian on each side (my mom is all Egyptian and my dad is 1/4) but my dad has Puerto Rican in him too. but being on an Egypt board i embrace the Egyptian side the most.

Chantel

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an African-American, I was at one point a moderator of an anti-racist message board.

I've lurked on this board for a few years before recently posting.

Ironically, before exploring the wonders of the internet I really took the integrity of African Civilization for granted.

Egypt being a Black African civilization was a no-brainer to me and almost a non-issue. After watching a video in high school (Misssissippi Burning) and having a class discussion about racism the teacher made the revelation that racism was growing on the internet. One day I decided to check it out and eventually found my way to a message board debating racism and as I said becoming a Mod of an anti-racist board.

One of the threads I created was about Egypt and the racist distortions of a specific page that will go unnamed sice people fuss when racist sites are mentioned or linked on here. The thread quickly degenerated into a "What race were the Ancient Egyptians" thread and those some people shared my opinion I was really surpised to see some anti-racists moderators even, take another side.

My opponents didn't really have much material to throw and my knowledge was good enough refute them but as the same debate started popping up on other threads I decided to go to EgyptSearch to learn more about the subject.

Many of the posters on here have done a wealth of research on the subject that make what some would consider a serious debate become child's play.

quote:
Originally posted by Sanaag: and I'm having a hard time believing Egyptians are that afro centric..
What exactly do you mean by "that afrocentric"?
Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sanaag
Member # 7919

Rate Member
^^Well, I've never met Afro-Centric Egyptians basically.. Most of you sound like you are of black African Heritage.
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sanaag:
^^Well, I've never met Afro-Centric Egyptians basically.. Most of you sound like you are of black African Heritage.

Curious, considering Egypt is in Africa how do you define "Black African Heritage"?

Are you implying that no native Egyptians are of such heritage?

I'd just like you to answer on some of those points, as well as what you percieve an 'Afrocentric' to be.

I don't intend to give you an exhausting interrogation, but considering the moderator is an Egyptian albeit living much of his life in America. And, you consider the dominate opinion on this board to be very unEgyptian like I'm interested in what precisely you are insinuating.

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi sanaag. I am Canadian.
I came to this forum to learn about ancient egypt and to find out what race the Ancient Egyptians were. I use to think that the ancient egyptians were white. I have slowly realized that this was wrong so I came hear to see what other people say and to find out the truth. I have to say that my mind has been changed and I now think that The ancient egyptians were Black African. I have learned alot from the posters on this website and I hope I can learn as much as I can. I don't really look at the posters on this forum as afrocentric I look at them as truthcentric. Some people just don't like the truth. I really don't know how I found this website I guess I was looking around for stuff on egypt and this website came up so I checked it out. To me this is a good website, my only problem is that some people are to quick to call people Trolls. That is my only problem with this website. I hope you continue to post on egyptsearch sanaag because I think you are a good poster even though we may not always agree.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am African-American all the way!!! I hail from Baltimore, Maryland and lived there all my life until moving here to North Carolina two years ago. I currently go to Fayetteville State University in NC too. My real name is Brian!
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to note that most chatters here do not have to identify either their ethnic group or nationality. All this is not necessary on the ancient Egypt and Egyptology forum. If you wish to keep this confidental then you can. No pressure.

This is entirely up to you!

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sanaag, most of the so-called English Egypt boards don't have many Egyptians on them,so the Egyptians you will find are either expatriots[Egyptians living abroad in Australia,America or Europe] or simple more affluent Egyptians that can afford computers with internet connection. Most everyday Egyptians tend to post at Arabic speaking forums. Most common Egyptians acess the internet through internet cafes in one of the many Egyptian cities. Internet acess is growing in Egypt though.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sanaag
Member # 7919

Rate Member
^^I agree Ausar... I made this thread out of curiousity..

Mansa, I know where this is leading man.. but I'll see if I can answer your questions anyway.

quote:
Curious, considering Egypt is in Africa how do you define "Black African Heritage"?Are you implying that no native Egyptians are of such heritage?

I am not "implying" anything.. had that been my opinion then I would have said it straight up.. I dont need to imply anything. And yes I know some Eyptians are native to africa.. but I was obviously talking about the majority and the ruling class who are of arab descendance and who do not really "belong there" so to speak. Eventhough some of them have some sort of native african heritage as a result of intermixing with the natives. Also, many of the natives have been arabized so they are not that afrocentric.. well, according to what I've been told anyway.. I might be wrong ofcourse.. if so then plz correct me.

quote:
I'd just like you to answer on some of those points, as well as what you percieve an 'Afrocentric' to be.
The can have many meanings and some of them are negative imo.. but in this context I meant someone that supports an african agenda. I.e the unity of Africans, claiming what is rightfully ours (history) and etc.. that is something only someone of African heritage would do obviously.

quote:
I don't intend to give you an exhausting interrogation, but considering the moderator is an Egyptian albeit living much of his life in America. And, you consider the dominate opinion on this board to be very unEgyptian like I'm interested in what precisely you are insinuating.
I didnt know Ausar was Egyptian.. but that was the point of making this thread.. so now I know.
Sanaag
Member # 7919

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Sanaag, most of the so-called English Egypt boards don't have many Egyptians on them,so the Egyptians you will find are either expatriots[Egyptians living abroad in Australia,America or Europe] or simple more affluent Egyptians that can afford computers with internet connection. Most everyday Egyptians tend to post at Arabic speaking forums. Most common Egyptians acess the internet through internet cafes in one of the many Egyptian cities. Internet acess is growing in Egypt though.

Thanks for the info. It makes sense..
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Thought Writes:

The term "Afro-Centric" is a contrived label and I am not interested in being labeled. However, as it relates to modern Egyptians not being informed about the African roots of Ancient Egypt, this may relate to Egypt essentially being a Third World country and not having access to the same information as Americans.

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
To me this is a good website, my only problem is that some people are to quick to call people Trolls.

Thought Writes:

The other problem is of course that to many people on this forum exhibit the same traits that trolls exhibit. They may not be trolls, they simply may be young and/or uneducated.

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masonic Rebel
Member # 9549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masonic Rebel   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born in USA

I’m a proud student of Afro- centrism; I came to this site to learn more about the civilization of Kemet from other well informed posters.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mansa Musa quote:
One of the threads I created was about Egypt and the racist distortions of a specific page that will go unnamed sice people fuss when racist sites are mentioned or linked on here. The thread quickly degenerated into a "What race were the Ancient Egyptians" thread and those some people shared my opinion I was really surpised to see some anti-racists moderators even, take another side.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I not surprised at all we who are into afro- centric thought know the Eurocentric oath.

Molefi Kete Asante

Thou shalt not accept an African origin
Thou shalt not mock the white man
Thou shalt not threaten the cultural imperialist
Thou shalt not identify with any Africans
Thou shalt not despise the legacy of the white slave owner
Thou shalt not speak evil of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington
Thou shalt not speak evil of Vladimir Lenin or Karl Marx
Thou shalt not praise other African men and women
Thou shalt not seek to create values for African survival
Thou shalt not work to develop and maintain African identity
Thou shalt not allow anyone to call you African
Thou shalt not quote any African theorists

This is what we believe as Fact
On these facts we stand:
*Ancient Egyptians were black people.
*Egyptian civilization precedes Greece by several thousand years
*The pyramids are completed (2500 BC) long before Homer appears (800 BC)
*Philosophy originates in Africa and the first Greek philosophers (Thales, Isocrates) studied in Egypt
* A discussion of the wise, wisdom, (sb) appears on tomb of Antef in 2052 BC
*Thales of Miletus is not a philosopher until 600 BC

It's simple yet this idea goes over a lot of people heads

Yes most of us Aficans in America were brought over from West Africa true but still

Our Great ancestors originated in Ethiopia the recorded birth place of the human race which is also so in Africa therefore we Black Americans have a connection to the continent.

Now the Migration of Africans from Ethiopia or Kush to other parts of the continent is another topic.

Posts: 567 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am of neithern African or European descent but Asian! Both my parents are from the Philippines but I was born and raised in the US.

Ancient history and culture is one of my interests and I was always fascinated by Ancient Egypt, which is how I came across this site. I too once belived the Egyptians were Middle-Eastern until I did more research and learned from the 'Afrocentric', 'Eurocentric', as well as the supposedly neutral academic sources. I also did a lot of study on historiography which is the way history is written and of course Western history is full of biases which only now many Western scholars are trying to correct. Egypt is a real big one!

As King says, there is nothing 'Afrocentric' about it. the FACTS speak (have long spoken) for themselves. Egypt is black African and so are its people. To accept the FACTS does not an "afrocentric" make!!

quote:
I didnt know Ausar was Egyptian.. but that was the point of making this thread.. so now I know.
Ausar is a Fellahin from rural southern Egypt. The fact that he lives in America, let alone is the moderator of a website, is surprising to me since most Egyptians in the West are usually Arab-Egyptians.
Posts: 26243 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
quote:
Ausar is a Fellahin from rural southern Egypt. The fact that he lives in America, let alone is the moderator of a website, is surprising to me since most Egyptians in the West are usually Arab-Egyptians.
This is generally true but most of the Egyptians in Western countries[America Canada and Australia] tend to be Christian Egyptians. Most tend to come from areas like Cairo and Alexandria. Some might also come from Middle Egypt[areas like Minya and Asyut]. In the United states you will find Egyptians mostly in New Jersey,California,and some southern states. Most live in California and northern states,though.

Here is a book about Egyptian migration to America:

The New Jersey ethnic experience

by Barbara Cunningham

Copts. The Coptic-Americans : a current African contribution / Gabriel Abdelsayed

- Egyptian Muslims. The Arab-Egyptian Muslim community in New Jersey / Kadri M.G. ElAraby and Ibtihaj S. Arafat -

Fellahin[Arabic for farmers] tend to refer to most Egyptians as rural people from the Delta but also includes farmers from parts of Middle and Upper Egypt.

bruh man from 5th floor
Member # 9705

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruh man from 5th floor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Bayan and currently I'm in Barbados but split my time between here and Georgia, I've always lurked this site but never felt comfortable posting here because of the extremism.
Posts: 29 | From: Barbados | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big_Kane
Member # 9098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big_Kane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not even African, in fact I'm mainly Asian but I am also 25% South American. [Cool] I'm quite sure that there are a lot of non-Africans on this board. There are many European Americans over the net who are very eager to use their African-American "brothers" as a scapegoat.

Pathetic.

Posts: 58 | From: Toronto | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bruh man from 5th floor:
I'm Bayan and currently I'm in Barbados but split my time between here and Georgia, I've always lurked this site but never felt comfortable posting here because of the extremism.

Those who make intentionally "ambiguous" claims such as "the extremism" on this site, don't have to post in an "extremist" site. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to make you post here. Besides, what is supposedly the "extremism" being referred to: that indigenous Ancient Egyptians were primarily of a tropical African background, and that the Nile Valley complex culture is "indigenously" African? Please do elaborate with "specifics" [not ambiguity], if you feel that your comment has any merit!
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Supercar:
Those who make intentionally "ambiguous" claims such as "the extremism" on this site, don't have to post in an "extremist" site. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to make you post here. Besides, what is supposedly the "extremism" being referred to: that indigenous Ancient Egyptians were primarily of a tropical African background, and that the Nile Valley complex culture is "indigenously" African? Please do elaborate with "specifics" [not ambiguity], if you feel that your comment has any merit!

Thought Writes:

Perhaps the extremism is that we actually require peer-review and scientific methodology to support strange or archaic claims.

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thought2:
Thought Writes:

Perhaps the extremism is that we actually require peer-review and scientific methodology to support strange or archaic claims.

You may have guessed it correctly; this is one site, where questionable claims are put to test. In that respect, I can understand why some would be a little uncomfortable with the above mentioned standards.
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masreyya
Member # 1336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masreyya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
- Egyptian Muslims. The Arab-Egyptian Muslim community in New Jersey / Kadri M.G. ElAraby and Ibtihaj S. Arafat

Ausar, is Arafat the sociologist teaching at CUNY? I think she's Levantine, correct?
Posts: 100 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
quote:
Ausar, is Arafat the sociologist teaching at CUNY? I think she's Levantine, correct?
Not really sure about Arafat's nationality. I found the book through an article by Paul Sedra entitled
Paul Sedra

Class Cleavages and Ethnic Conflict: Coptic Christian Communities in Modern Egyptian Politics,? Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations 10, 2 (July 1999), 219-235.

The book was mainly about different immigrant histories in New Jersey.

King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Barbados huh....I think Rihanna is so damn hot [Big Grin] .

PON DE REPLAY!!!!!

Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruh man from 5th floor
Member # 9705

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruh man from 5th floor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

The extremism I'm speaking consists of narrowminded attacks against people who do not agree with the elite posters of egyptsearch and the attacks are not done with peer-review studies and research but with spin. Incidentally, I was surprised to see one of the elite here finally admit that Greeks were white and European when not to long ago the elite of egyptsearch were foaming at the mouth over Greeks having E3b and talking about how they were outliers and mixed race. But hey, I'm just a dumb Bayan who's whinning and are the other posters here who've complained about the same thing regarding how the elite gangs up on people here who have views that are different.
Posts: 29 | From: Barbados | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

The extremism I'm speaking consists of narrowminded attacks against people who do not agree with the elite posters of egyptsearch and the attacks are not done with peer-review studies and research but with spin. Incidentally, I was surprised to see one of the elite here finally admit that Greeks were white and European when not to long ago the elite of egyptsearch were foaming at the mouth over Greeks having E3b and talking about how they were outliers and mixed race. But hey, I'm just a dumb Bayan who's whinning and are the other posters here who've complained about the same thing regarding how the elite gangs up on people here who have views that are different.

Firstly, referring to Greeks socially as "white" has nothing to do with the heterogenous genetic makeup.

Secondly, you must be confusing the discussions here with those from elsewhere; "race" is rejected by the "elites" here, and so, I don't know where you came up with this "mixed race" thing.

Thirdly, what are you whining about? You can be guaranteed that you'll be questioned on claims that others deem questionable. If this makes you feel as though you are outnumbered, or being "ganged upon" by people who find your claims to be questionable, then have you taken into consideration that, if you or any like-minded individual cannot handle this, perhaps discussion boards are not the place for people like yourself? The best approach to engaging in exchanges on internet discussion boards, is to think twice before making a comment, and be prepared to back yourself, should it become necessary. Those who adopt such attitude, spend less time whining about being ganged upon and more time expressing themselves clearly. [Wink]

Ps - You are still being ambiguous, and not being specific about "who" is spinning "what"!

bruh man from 5th floor
Member # 9705

Rate Member
quote:
Secondly, you must be confusing the discussions here with those from elsewhere; "race" is rejected by the "elites" here, and so, I don't know where you came up with this "mixed race" thing.

Thirdly, what are you whinning about? You can be guaranteed that you'll be questioned on claims that others deem questionable. If this makes you feel as though you are outnumbered, or being "ganged upon" by people who find your claims to be questionable, then have you taken into consideration that, if you or any like-minded individual cannot handle this, perhaps discussion boards are not the place for people like yourself? The best approach to engaging in exchanges on internet discussion boards, is to think twice before making a comment, and be prepared to back yourself, should it become necessary. Those who adopt such attitude, spend less time whining about being ganged upon and more time expressing themselves clearly. [Wink]

Ps - You are still being ambiguous, and not being specific about "who" is spinning "what"!

- The notion of race is rejected by the elite when it suits the elite is certain discussions-

- I never made any questionable posts here if anyone has truly bothered to play close attention to what I stated. I said the AEs were an African people who created an African civilization, thats what you elite have been stating to infinity. I agreed with it so saying I stated something questionsble is crazy, the elite is barking up the wrong tree, perhaps due to paranoia?

- Every person in this world has a heterogeneous genetic profile, no one homogeneous genetically, including sub-Saharan Africans, thats why I found it shocking that so much time was wasted arguing with RM over the Greeks and Italians.

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

- The notion of race is rejected by the elite when it suits the elite is certain discussions-

Well, please provide specifically when the "notion of race" was accepted by which specific "elite(s)", and how this specifically changed when it suited this specific "elite(s)"!

quote:
bruh man from 5th floor:

- I never made any questionable posts here if anyone has truly bothered to play close attention to what I stated. I said the AEs were an African people who created an African civilization, thats what you elite have been stating to infinity. I agreed with it so saying I stated something questionsble is crazy, the elite is barking up the wrong tree, perhaps due to paranoia?

I responded to your "ambiguous" idea of being "ganged upon"; I wasn't referring to any "specific" situation you had with any particular poster(s). If you said that AEs were an African people, I highly doubt "elites" here will question you on that claim alone; there's got to be more involved here! Please provide the specific instance when you made that claim, and reveal specifically which "elite" questioned you on that statment. Whatever disagreement you had with a particular poster, doesn't suddenly become the concern of any other, who wasn't involved in that exchange. Simply labeling people, attributing claims to them, and then attempting to complain about them, is a form of red herring.

quote:
bruh man from 5th floor:

- Every person in this world has a heterogeneous genetic profile, no one homogeneous genetically, including sub-Saharan Africans, thats why I found it shocking that so much time was wasted arguing with RM over the Greeks and Italians.

Bruh man, you claimed to have been following discussions here, and yet, you talk as though you haven't learnt a thing in having done so. Yes, populations around the globe have heterogenous genetic makeup; we've been making that point here for quite some time now. This isn't exactly a news flash on this board; and so, how did the issue of Greek genetic makeup come about in the first place? If you had really been following discussions here, as you proclaimed to have, you would have understood that the issue was about some Euro-centered poster insisting on the [non-starter] idea of European "racial purity", and in doing so, disfiguring the realities of biological relationships between Africans. You might think that dispelling misinformation about relationships between Africans is a waste of time, but that is your personal opinion.
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trinidad.
SE Caribbean, 7 miles from Venezuela coastline.

Now living in USA

I bounced 'pon this site due to the wisdom of the
ausar. Ausar's enlightened approach to Egypt seemed joyous and knowledgeable so her I am.
In the Arab world, Egyptians are seen as teefing and less than honourable though Egyptians themselves want to be part of Arabiyya.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Perfect Egyptian:
You're correct in your statement about Egyptians being the least Afrocentric of all North Africans, including the white Algerians.

When did Sanaag say any of this? [Confused]

quote:
I'm an Egyptian American and I hate liars of all types. I.e., Afrocentric and Eurocentric politics is filled with garbage and that includes 90% of this board.

What I have noticed, is that most Egyptians who do venture into this part of Egyptsearch, tend to quit or leave in disgust at the political spin and lies paraded as afrocentric truth.

You're correct in your statement about Egyptians being the least Afrocentric of all North Africans, including the white Algerians.

Personally, I think white people have done a lot of good service for restoring Egypt's legacy and helping to spread truthful knowledge about the Ancient Egyptians than all the political afrocentrics put together, whose main aim is to prove their own point of view, without any regard for the truth and the Egyptians, both ancient and modern.

I would not blame Dr. Zahi Hawass for banning all afrocentrics from doing any research in Egypt.

Science has to be objective and done without any political manifesto!!

If anything you were saying were true you would be schooling us instead of it being the other way around.

Instead you have lost every single one of your debates and been exposed as a desperate cut and paste debater as well as someone who creates threads as bait rather than engage the issue.

I'm pleased this forum has raised to a standard where sources and facts are the law of the land and adhominems from burnt out distorters are exposed for what they are.

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm an Egyptian American and I hate liars of all types. I.e., Afrocentric and Eurocentric politics is filled with garbage and that includes 90% of this board.

What I have noticed, is that most Egyptians who do venture into this part of Egyptsearch, tend to quit or leave in disgust at the political spin and lies paraded as afrocentric truth.

Personally, I think white people have done a lot of good service for restoring Egypt's legacy and helping to spread truthful knowledge about the Ancient Egyptians than all the political afrocentrics put together, whose main aim is to prove their own point of view, without any regard for the truth and the Egyptians, both ancient and modern.

I would not blame Dr. Zahi Hawass for banning all afrocentrics from doing any research in Egypt.

Science has to be objective and done without any political manifesto!!

quote:
I am just curious.. I thought majority of the posters were Egyptian untill I came to this section.. and I'm having a hard time believing Egyptians are that afro centric.. I think most of you are Black africans or African Americans.

State your nationalities plz and tell us why u have chosed to come to this place?

Race is not a scientifically accepted.
Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couple of facts about me that many seem to miss.

First: I have never put a racial label on Ancient Egyptians.

Secondily: I have only claimed that the Ancient Egyptians would be considered socially Black in modern Western societies as they were considered by their contemporary Western societies.

Thirdly: Being significantly Jewish I am anti-Aryan model and all associated cults and pseudo-science.

Background: Up until the late 70s most Anthropologists promoted the Aryan model. Essentially the idea that the IndoEuropeans migrated into North Africa and subdued/replaced the indigenous African populace and built the Egyptian empire. The model was extended to account for Egyptian Phenotype found in various locations in Africa such as the Horn as well as West Africa. The term Hamitic was applied to those IndoEuropeans and their genetic influence was called Hamitization. All of this was based on a Eurocentric cult derived from Madame Blavatsky. The cult claimed that there were certain stocks of Humans but only one stock cultivalted advance civilizations and that this so called Aryan man could be found at the core of all great civilizations. This cult unleashed the greatest babaracy against mankind: the Holocust.

Goal: I ran across this site and read some of the responses from EvilE and recognized the Aryan cult influence and decided to wedge my way into the discussion. I am actually mostly interested in Ethiopian history as well as the migration of Jewish people in Africa (which Egypt happens to be a place of intrigue).

Ethinicity: (Multiracial) Irish, German Jew, and Ethiopian Fallasha Jew.

Bith Place: London England

Lived in Africa for several years (mostly West Africa). Parents were missionaries to Ghana, Sierre Leon and Kenya.

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sanaag
Member # 7919

Rate Member
^¨So you're 1/3rd fallasha huh? How are the Fallasha viewed by "white" jews in Israel?
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
perfect egyptian is right.
Let the white man do his thing wherever he wants.

No such thing as afrocentric truth! a lie if i ever saw one but eurocentric truth will prosper in those who want to associate with it. let those eat cake!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
^¨So you're 1/3rd fallasha huh? How are the Fallasha viewed by "white" jews in Israel?

There has been a great deal of effort by Orthodox Jews to discredit Fallashas. Many see them as people trying to take advantage of Jews or simply cons and they are not trusted. Though there are many that embrace them and thats why they were brought to Israel in the first place. I do understand why people don't trust the validity of Fallasha claims (many are truly converted Jews) but they have as much right to call themselves Jew as any European Jew does (many White Jews are also converts). In actuality, Amhara are far more Jewish (or Asiatic) genetically than the Fallasha.

Problem with your question. It is the same exact question that Leba asked.

Again to clarify: I do not live as a Jew culturally or by belief, I am a Jew only be lineage (which is matrilineal for Jews).

I have lived my life as someone who is socially White. The curly hair and the olive skin just makes people think I'm Mediterranean. My Ethiopian Grandfather lives as a Fallasha and has only a vague understanding of being a Black person. He is proud of what he is and doesn't seem concerned with labels.

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by yazid904:

No such thing as afrocentric truth! a lie if i ever saw one but eurocentric truth will prosper in those who want to associate with it. let those eat cake!

The raise of the 2nd Hitler will be first a front against Islam and will certainly be Anti-Semite (Arabic). Your blessed Eurocentric White Man will hunt your type down like dogs and herd you into factories where they'll use your carcus for fertilizer and probably as a fossil fuel replacement.
Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apocalypse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Osirion
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The raise of the 2nd Hitler will be first a front against Islam and will certainly be Anti-Semite (Arabic). Your blessed Eurocentric White Man will hunt your type down like dogs and herd you into factories where they'll use your carcus for fertilizer and probably as a fossil fuel replacement.

Osirion,
Yazid904 is employing irony and sarcasm. He's not actually agreeing with Perfect Egyptian's statement quite the contrary.

Posts: 1038 | From: Franklin Park, NJ | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Calypso:
quote:
Osirion
quote:

Osirion,
Yazid904 is employing irony and sarcasm. He's not actually agreeing with Perfect Egyptian's statement quite the contrary.

Sorry for my outburst then. I haven't seen many postings from Yazid (handle sounds Arabic as well).
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
I do not agree with osiron but my point was to show if he preferred the white man as his saviour, then let him be.

Though born in Trinidad, I am part Lebanese. I am a product of the Caribbean. I am more familiar with Farsi than Arabic and ah luv meh soca, reggae and reggaeton! I could be mistaken for any ethnic group depending on how I dress so ethnicity in USA is never static.
I make reference to after 9/11 where when Americans decided to assault 'Arabs', they were too stupid to see their intended victims were Sikhs or Hindus! duh

ah had some good babash!

monkey know which tree to climb!

bruh man,
meh father is Bajan.

Ceelgabo_11
Member # 8942

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
quote:

Osirion very one in the world knows Hitler was horrible man, but yet thanks to demonizations man into devil himself by Jewish media people around the world are actually starting to change their views about Hitler, especially when they look Isreal and see the same people who complained about Hitlers atrocities commite atrocities against people whose land they invaded on the bases of God promised us this land. But I guess its okey for Jew to kill a gentile, isn't Osirion.

Osirion remember what Marlon Brando said on Larry King back in 1996.

"Hollywood is run by Jews; it is owned by Jews--and they should have a greater sensitivity about the issue of people who are suffering. Because...we have seen...the greaseball, we've seen the Chink, we've seen the slit-eyed dangerous Jap, we have seen the wily Filipino, we've seen everything but we never saw the kike. Because they knew perfectly well, that that is where you draw the [line]."
--Brando

Nobody has helped more the cause of Eurocentrism than the Jewish media and all you need to do to see this is to just turn on the TV or rent a hollywood movie. Osirion maybe you care to explain to us why Jewish Hollywood is soo Eurocentric?

Posts: 554 | From: Somaliland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
This thread has taken a turn for the bizarre within the last 4 or 5 posts. [Roll Eyes]
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ceelgabo_11:
quote:
quote:

Osirion very one in the world knows Hitler was horrible man, but yet thanks to demonizations man into devil himself by Jewish media people around the world are actually starting to change their views about Hitler, especially when they look Isreal and see the same people who complained about Hitlers atrocities commite atrocities against people whose land they invaded on the bases of God promised us this land. But I guess its okey for Jew to kill a gentile, isn't Osirion.

"Hollywood is run by Jews; it is owned by Jews--and they should have a greater sensitivity about the issue of people who are suffering. Because...we have seen...the greaseball, we've seen the Chink, we've seen the slit-eyed dangerous Jap, we have seen the wily Filipino, we've seen everything but we never saw the kike. Because they knew perfectly well, that that is where you draw the [line]."
--Brando

Nobody has helped more the cause of Eurocentrism than the Jewish media and all you need to do to see this is to just turn on the TV or rent a hollywood movie. Osirion maybe you care to explain to us why Jewish Hollywood is soo Eurocentric?

You'll find that most of your Afrocentric Caucasian authors are actually Jewish. There are actually quite a few Jewish writers doing excellent work in African American history.

As for Jewish Hollywood, I would have to say that Blacks are over-represented in movies. Asian people should complain about under-representation.

As for Hollywood being Eurocentric. Hollywood is about money which means its about popularity. Example: John Wayne playing Ghengis Khan is rather ridiculous but it made money. Nowadays a Wesley Snipes would fit that role better.

Black Ghengis Khan: sound good?

Masreyya
Member # 1336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masreyya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Personally, I think white people have done a lot of good service for restoring Egypt's legacy and helping to spread truthful knowledge about the Ancient Egyptians.

In the beginning? Hardly! Later? Perhaps to certain limits. In any case, eventually what goes around comes around, and if it wasn't for Egyptians in the middle ages and many other Islamized groups such as Berbers, Persians, and Kurds, in addition to Eastern Christians and Jews, there may not be a European civilization of which to speak. It's nice to see the debt being repaid.

It's true that Egyptians on the whole are not Afrocentric, nor Eurocentric, so this doesn't worry me a great deal when I find it on rare occasion. Many Egyptians, however, are unfortunately "Arabocentric" and that's what we have to work on correcting until we can bring this relatively recent anomaly to an end once and for all. This is the unfinished work of the early Egyptian pioneers in the last century that we now have the unenviable task of completing.

Posts: 100 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

--Brando

You'll find that most of your Afrocentric Caucasian authors are actually Jewish. There are actually quite a few Jewish writers doing excellent work in African American history.

As for Jewish Hollywood, I would have to say that Blacks are over-represented in movies. Asian people should complain about under-representation.

As for Hollywood being Eurocentric. Hollywood is about money which means its about popularity. Example: John Wayne playing Ghengis Khan is rather ridiculous but it made money. Nowadays a Wesley Snipes would fit that role better.

Black Ghengis Khan: sound good?

I think Ken Watanabe would be an excellent choice for Ghengis Khan.

-

He might not be good enough for Mongolians or other Asian ethnicities if the movie Memoirs of a Geisha is any indication but he would be progress for Hollywood.

Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not getting into this "conversation", but I must add my 2 cent. Today when most think of "Jews", the image of the European Jew comes to mind. The truth is that Whites and Europeans have taken over the image of what a Jew is and what a Jewish person supposed to look like.

So religion is religion and race is just race:- or is it? Think about this?

I am not defending nor prosecuting anyone people or religion. This is one of those things that makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

quote:
quote:
quote:

--Brando

Posts: 318 | From: PA. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I guess I can help us get back on track since I went on the tangent with the last 5 posts!

I am born and raised in The Bahamas and have lived in the US for sometime now. I describe myself as Bahamian and by current social constructs I would obviously be described as black without a doubt(which I am..LOL). My family is mostly of African descent with little English and negligable french and indian ancestory. Being from the West Indies my family also have mixtures of Bajans, trinidadians, Haitians, Jamaicans, and Turks and Caicos. I can tell a Bahamian from a Trinidadian from a Hatian from a Jamaican from a bajan ect.. My great great paternal grandmother was a loyalist and shocked her family when she decided to marry a man of african descent. My wife is of of Syrian and Polish descent and really wants to go back home to The Bahamas to live, but I need to make some good money first..LOL!
I love me some raggae, soca, but listen to just about everything.

Posts: 318 | From: PA. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruh man from 5th floor
Member # 9705

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by King_Scorpion:
quote:

Barbados huh....I think Rihanna is so damn hot [Big Grin] .

PON DE REPLAY!!!!!

LMAO, my mother calls Rihanna Jay Z's little 'lolita'. Except for Pon de Replay, the rest of her album is not so good.
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Masreyya:
quote:
Personally, I think white people have done a lot of good service for restoring Egypt's legacy and helping to spread truthful knowledge about the Ancient Egyptians.

In the beginning? Hardly! Later? Perhaps to certain limits. In any case, eventually what goes around comes around, and if it wasn't for Egyptians in the middle ages along with many Islamized groups such as Berbers, Persians, Kurds, as well as Eastern Christians and Jews, there may not be a European civilization of which to speak. It's nice to see the debt being repaid.

It's true that Egyptians on the whole are not Afrocentric, nor Eurocentric, so this doesn't worry me a great deal when I find it on rare occasion. Many Egyptians, however, are unfortunately "Arabocentric" and that's what we have to work on correcting until we can bring this relatively recent anomaly to an end once and for all. This is the unfinished work of the early Egyptian pioneers in the last century that we now have the unenviable task of completing.

i have an Egyptian grandfather who clearly looks like the average black man, but he chooses the title "Arab". the rest of my family identifies as African American/black, but he thinks this is wrong and thinks all Egyptians (black or not) should call themselves Arab. [Frown]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com