EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Trouble with "Mrs. Doubtfire"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Trouble with "Mrs. Doubtfire"
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, is it just me, or do any of you get the feeling that Mrs. Doubtfire = Horemheb??

Their style of trolling is very similar in that both amount to nothing but making stupid remarks and comments while giving no evidence.

What evidence they do give is in tidbits but nothing whole and coherent.

Now, Mrs. Doubtfire has gone off the deep end and is admitting that Egypt was African but is talking crazy stuff, saying they were cannibals.

Interestingly, Ausar has posted the topic of the Unas cannibal hymns before. Perhaps he is using this to further his agenda of stupidity if it is Hore?

Could it be that Mrs. Doubtfire is the dumb Hore come back for revenge because of his 'supposed' banning??

Any inputs?

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why was Hor banned anyways? Did he loose it and start racist comments or something?

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
Why was Hor banned anyways? Did he loose it and start racist comments or something?

Was Hor banned?

And Mrs. Doubtfire is a major bitch whatever the gender.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:

Horemheb hasn't been banned, at least not yet! He hangs out in the "political" forum. Go figure!
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's Hore.

I've spoken to some other members who believe Doubtfire is a wacky British man who has been known to troll forums related to Egypt and denigrate Ancient Egyptian culture while propping his own British heritage or something to that effect.

Horemheb is nowhere near as witty as Doubtfire with all "her" focus on staying in character and all.

I don't think he has the creativity to pull off a Doubtfire, not that Doubtfire is that creative but Hore's personality is too stale for even that.

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mrs. Doubtfire does seem to be so obsessed and insistant that Egyptians were cannibals, and associating cannibalism with the black race. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mansa Musa:
I don't think it's Hore.

I've spoken to some other members who believe Doubtfire is a wacky British man who has been known to troll forums related to Egypt and denigrate Ancient Egyptian culture while propping his own British heritage or something to that effect.

As I said before, Eurocentric doctrine #8 IF IT WAS NOT WHITE, AND ITS GREATNESS IS UNDENIABLE, THEN IT MUST BE DEPRECATED IN SOME WAY

Unfortunately for 'her', the cannibalism thing is just so ridiculously untrue that 'she' is a joke intellectually as well as sexually! [Wink]

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sanaag
Member # 7919

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sanaag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a sad thread. All it displays is insecurity.

quote:
that 'she' is a joke intellectually as well as sexually!
Then just let "her" be and continue with your so-called "deep discussions". Why waste time on someone you think is a joke? [Confused]

Ps didnt you say somewhere that you're Korean?

Posts: 280 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sanaag:
What a sad thread. All it displays is insecurity.

LOL I'm not insecure at all. I just enjoy poking fun at trolls. [Wink]

quote:
Then just let "her" be and continue with your so-called "deep discussions". Why waste time on someone you think is a joke? [Confused]
I just speculated on who this person was and whether or not it is someone we know. I don't plan on turing this thread into a major issue. What "deep discussions" are you referring to anyway?

quote:
Ps didnt you say somewhere that you're Korean?
No, you must have me confused with someone else. What does that got to do with anything anyway?
Sanaag
Member # 7919

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sanaag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
LOL I'm not insecure at all. I just enjoy poking fun at trolls. [Wink]
Where have you poked fun at any troll in this particular thread? The "troll" is not even present, which makes it ever more sad lol.

quote:
I just speculated on who this person was and whether or not it is someone we know. I don't plan on turing this thread into a major issue.
I dont know about you, but I think its sad to see self-proclaimed "serious forumers" just sit there and come up with some crazy conspiracy theories about the identitiy of a "troll". I've seen this sort of behaviour before on this board.

quote:
No, you must have me confused with someone else. What does that got to do with anything anyway?
Yeah I must confuse you with womeone else.. anyways, my bad.
Posts: 280 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sanaag:
Where have you poked fun at any troll in this particular thread? The "troll" is not even present, which makes it ever more sad lol.

I was talking about Mrs. Doubtfire but it really isn't that important as you make it seem to be. I don't care if the guy is here or not and it's not sad at all but good that he's not here. It means no more distractions.

quote:
I dont know about you, but I think its sad to see self-proclaimed "serious forumers" just sit there and come up with some crazy conspiracy theories about the identitiy of a "troll". I've seen this sort of behaviour before on this board.
LOL There is no doubt about it, the guy IS a troll. As far as "conspiracies", as I said I was just speculating on who the guy is. It's no big deal. Although I don't know what you make of a Christian talking about your African culture (Muslim or not) and saying you guys were cannibals.
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mrs. Doubtfire has posted here before under the name Charlie. Look back in the archives you will see a poster named Charlie that also goes by the name Charlie the Saint on other message boards.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sanaag
Member # 7919

Rate Member
^^djehuti

I wasnt defending this person.. I just think its funny how you guys pay too much attention to people who you regard as trolls. Trolls are usually ignored on most websites and banned as soon as they break the forum rules.

Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Heavens! First Mrs. Doubtfire is equated with Horemheb, and then she is an absolute bitch, and then she is even equated with Charlie the Saint. Me thinks, too many people have been listening to too much gossip.

Firstly, Mrs. Doubtfire can match anybodys wit, anybodys intelligence, and let me tell you, she never breaks the forum rules, and of course the Ancient Egyptians were cannibals, its in all the history books. Have you not heard of the Dinka!!

.... and lastly - prove it - if you can! [Eek!]

Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^

You made the claim the burden of proof is on you to prove your contentions not us to disprove it.

Now I proved that the Ancient Celts were cannibals, not to demonize Celtic or European culture as well as White Europeans in general I was making an entirely different point initially, that being Romans thinking highly of Black Africans rather than thinking of them as sub-human as you contended and ALSO did not prove.

Here is a link to MY proof again:

http://www2.iptcp.net:36668/opendebate/showthread.php?t=387

There is archeological and historic evidence of ritual cannibalism in Ancient Britain.

Now maybe the Roman writer Jerome exaggerated his claims about the Atticoti tribe which seem to be nothing more than rumors but other writers who witnessed their actvities have also given detailed testimony.

The policy of this forum appears to be that as long as you aren't hurling insults or using slurs then you may post your opinion no matter how repititive and non-sensical it is. I think Ausar is a bit lenient with you. If you were to perform this trolling on my board you would be warned to cease and desist then banned if you continued.

What you did by responding to my post with your nonsense about Blacks being innately cannibalisitic was immature and uncalled for. You trolled multiple threads with your garbage, you were asked to provide sources but didn't and IMO you should be banned.

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mansa Musa:
^^

You made the claim the burden of proof is on you to prove your contentions not us to disprove it.

Now I proved that the Ancient Celts were cannibals, not to demonize Celtic or European culture as well as White Europeans in general I was making an entirely different point initially, that being Romans thinking highly of Black Africans rather than thinking of them as sub-human as you contended and ALSO did not prove.

Here is a link to MY proof again:

http://www2.iptcp.net:36668/opendebate/showthread.php?t=387

There is archeological and historic evidence of ritual cannibalism in Ancient Britain.

Now maybe the Roman writer Jerome exaggerated his claims about the Atticoti tribe which seem to be nothing more than rumors but other writers who witnessed their actvities have also given detailed testimony.

The policy of this forum appears to be that as long as you aren't hurling insults or using slurs then you may post your opinion no matter how repititive and non-sensical it is. I think Ausar is a bit lenient with you. If you were to perform this trolling on my board you would be warned to cease and desist then banned if you continued.

What you did by responding to my post with your nonsense about Blacks being innately cannibalisitic was immature and uncalled for. You trolled multiple threads with your garbage, you were asked to provide sources but didn't and IMO you should be banned.

Speaking of which, were these really Celts who committed these cannibalistic acts?? Judging by the sources, it seems these people were pre-Celtic people and probably didn't speak Indo-Europeans languages at all.

As for Doubtfire's claims, I know of the Dinka as well as their close relatives the Nuer but never have I heard fully substantiated claims of them committing cannibalism only made up allegations by some European explorers. The Dinka and Nuer were cattle herders that feed on the blood and milk of their cattle and eat goats and fowl not human flesh.

Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Speaking of which, were these really Celts who committed these cannibalistic acts?? Judging by the sources, it seems these people were pre-Celtic people and probably didn't speak Indo-Europeans languages at all.

What do you base this on?

Certainly not the sources I provided, they make it quite clear that the archeological findings in South Gloucestershire date back to the Iron age around the same time of the Roman occupation in Britain and that Celtic practices were conducted among these people.

The first source is actually wrong about the Romans recording human sacrifice but not cannibalism as the last source indicates.

Unless you have sources to the contrary that you are talking about it seems quite clear that my sources speak of ritual cannibalism among Ancient Britons and that they were Celtic.

If you disagree please elaborate on what sources you speak of and what quotes lead you to question the claim.

Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Here is some text from Wikipedia on the pre-celtic orgins theory of the Attacotti.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacotti

quote:

Pre-Celtic Origin Theory

Some older scholarship has speculated that Attacotti were an aboriginal, pre-Indo-European substratum of the population of northern Britain. This thesis has generated much conjecture concerning this ‘race’, for the most part at the level of pseudo-history.

Nevertheless, numerous monument-stones discovered in Caithness and elsewhere in northern Scotland feature Ogham inscriptions that do not match any known Indo-European language. Scholars have speculated that these inscriptions predate even the Pictish occupation of the region.

The evidence doesn't seem to be very solid for a non-Indo-European group being related to the Attacotti of Roman times IMO.

Such speculation still doen't dispute the archeological findings in South Gloucestershire.

Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mansa Musa was a very famous cannibal and used to have a child slaughtered every day for his meal. I will provide the evidence in due course.

As we are dealing with ancient Egypt and Egyptology I do not see any point in expanding the debate outside the sphere of relevance. I fail to see, therefore, what the celts have to do with Ancient Egypt in the connection of Cannibalism. However, some people do happen to believe that the Celts originated in Egypt, and in that sense, they must have brought it with them from Egypt, perhaps? [Smile]

Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mansa Musa was a very famous cannibal and used to have a child slaughtered every day for his meal. I will provide the evidence in due course.

As we are dealing with ancient Egypt and Egyptology I do not see any point in expanding the debate outside the sphere of relevance. I fail to see, therefore, what the celts have to do with Ancient Egypt in the connection of Cannibalism. However, some people do happen to believe that the Celts originated in Egypt, and in that sense, they must have brought it with them from Egypt, perhaps? [[Smile]

The relevance was refuting your earlier assertion that Africans including the ancient Egyptians praticed cannibalism exclusively. Cannibalism has been widely shown in anthropological studies to be mostly ritualistic and found amongst all peoples. Polynesians,Meso-Americans,and even Northern Europeans all praticed ritualistic cannibalism.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Doubtfire:

I'm sure you will. [Roll Eyes]

I for one won't be holding my breath.

quote:
As we are dealing with ancient Egypt and Egyptology I do not see any point in expanding the debate outside the sphere of relevance. I fail to see, therefore, what the celts have to do with Ancient Egypt in the connection of Cannibalism. However, some people do happen to believe that the Celts originated in Egypt, and in that sense, they must have brought it with them from Egypt, perhaps? [Smile]
YOU started this whole mess by responding to my post which was specifically about refuting your claim that Romans saw Blacks as sub-human, by going on a tirade about Egyptians and cannibalism because you were offended that my source was about Celtic cannibalism.

Denying this makes you a liar.

I was not the one who turned the subject to cannibalism it was you. If I had a source available at the time that did not contain cannibalism I would have posted it but since it was relevant to the topic I used it. I'm glad I did too because now you have been outed as a troll, noone has to take your nonsense seriously anymore.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I didn't know any better, I'd say that on top of being a transvestite, Mrs. Doubtfire is also a cannibal himself!

Why else would he be so obsessed with the topic and associating this act with other peoples? Perhaps he does it as a way of disassociating and reflecting his acts on other people?!!

A British cannibalistic transvestite! This is not that surprising. [Big Grin]

Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Hahaha. The whole point of proving that the Ancient Egyptians were cannibals was to agree with the previous posters that Egyptians were in fact black Africans, or negroes, and to substantiate their arguments in another way instead of them being obsessed with genes.

To quote Budge "Among travellers in Africa in the last century may be quoted Dr. Schweinfurth, who says that near the dwellings of the Niam-Niam (a Dinka tribe) were many posts on which rested the skulls of animals and men. Close to the huts were human bones which bore marks of the hatchet or knife, and all around hanging on the branches of the trees were human hands and feet. This people are undoubtedly cannibalistic, and they make no secret of their craving for meat of all kinds and especially for human meat, and they ostentatiously string the teeth of their victims round their necks. They even eat newly born babes. Akin to the Niam Niam are the Fan who barter their dead among themselves and dig up to eat the dead who have been already buried. Whilst Dr. Scweinfurth was at munzas court a child was slain daily for his meal. On two occasions he saw human flesh being prepared for food. He found some young women scalding the hair off the lower half of a human body, and saw in a hut an arm being smoked over a fire. The cannibalism of the Manbattu is unsurpassed by any nation in the world. Yet they are a noble race of men, and they display a certain national pride and have intellect and judgement such as FEW AFRICANS POSSESS. The Nubians praise their faithfulness and the order and stability of their national life. In the Southern Sudan, soldiers are addicted to the eating of human livers, which they tear out of the bodies of their neighbours."

If you want 'sources' then you can go to "The Heart of Africa" Vols. I and II, or EA Wallis Budge, expert on the subject of Osirisism including cannibalism ritual sacrifice and funeral murders.

Sorry to have to disappoint one or two individuals with regard to Mrs. Doubtfire, She is neither a transvestite, nor a cannibal. In fact she is a vegetarian. Having now released this small snippet of classified information,it, nevertheless only goes to show how a 'name' can conjur up the weirdest ideas in people with a gullible perspective and a world seen through the tube of a toilet roll.

Incidentally, I have noticed that small boys will approach the carcases of animals hanging up in the local streets with the obvious intention of having a crafty lick when nobody is looking. [Eek!]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hahaha. The whole point of proving that the Ancient Egyptians were cannibals was to agree with the previous posters that Egyptians were in fact black Africans, or negroes, and to substantiate their arguments in another way instead of them being obsessed with genes.

I don't know what cannibalism itself has to do with black Africans since such a practice was widespread in various societies around the globe, even Europe.

It seems to me you just want to distract from the true facts of Egypt's African identity through genetics.

quote:
To quote Budge "Among travellers in Africa in the last century may be quoted Dr. Schweinfurth, who says that near the dwellings of the Niam-Niam (a Dinka tribe) were many posts on which rested the skulls of animals and men. Close to the huts were human bones which bore marks of the hatchet or knife, and all around hanging on the branches of the trees were human hands and feet.
[Big Grin] LOL I don't see keeping body parts is proof that they ate people! There are many cultures that keep body parts of their enemies as trophies. Many peoples in Asia, including the Philippines have practiced head-hunting and the collecting of heads and teeth of enemies. The collecting of hands is a practice done in many African cultures, even Egyptian soldiers have been known to do this. What about the European settlers that made bags and hats out of Native American womens' breasts and vaginas? No society in the world has ever had a tradition such as that!!

quote:
This people are undoubtedly cannibalistic, and they make no secret of their craving for meat of all kinds and especially for human meat, and they ostentatiously string the teeth of their victims round their necks. They even eat newly born babes. Akin to the Niam Niam are the Fan who barter their dead among themselves and dig up to eat the dead who have been already buried. Whilst Dr. Scweinfurth was at munzas court a child was slain daily for his meal. On two occasions he saw human flesh being prepared for food. He found some young women scalding the hair off the lower half of a human body, and saw in a hut an arm being smoked over a fire. The cannibalism of the Manbattu is unsurpassed by any nation in the world. Yet they are a noble race of men, and they display a certain national pride and have intellect and judgement such as FEW AFRICANS POSSESS. The Nubians praise their faithfulness and the order and stability of their national life. In the Southern Sudan, soldiers are addicted to the eating of human livers, which they tear out of the bodies of their neighbours."
LOL I don't know of any culture, even the true cannibalistic ones where they would just eat small children and babies. Although there are cases of that being committed in Europe by psychopaths.

quote:
If you want 'sources' then you can go to "The Heart of Africa" Vols. I and II, or EA Wallis Budge, expert on the subject of Osirisism including cannibalism ritual sacrifice and funeral murders.
I wouldn't take everything written in "The Heart of Africa", since some of these accounts are either exaggerated or just plainly made up. Such books were written as part of propaganda giving excuses to conquer and colonize Africa. Such books serve to dehumanized the natives while they make the European explorers to be civilized gentleman despite the inhumane acts they committed. I wouldn't be surprised if they left out the part that explorers like Henry Stanley were mass murders and some explorers would rape native women and mutilate others.

As for the mythology, cannibalism is found in many mythologies throughout the world but usually in the form of symbolic cannibalism. A perfect example would be the eating of a god's flesh and drinking of a god's blood. I agree that the Osirion myth was indeed agricultural, but it must be remembered that agriculture was invented in Africa.

quote:
Sorry to have to disappoint one or two individuals with regard to Mrs. Doubtfire, She is neither a transvestite, nor a cannibal. In fact she is a vegetarian. Having now released this small snippet of classified information,it, nevertheless only goes to show how a 'name' can conjur up the weirdest ideas in people with a gullible perspective and a world seen through the tube of a toilet roll.
We personally couldn't care less. Just provide some substantial sources as in evidence, not just old unproven accounts.

quote:
Incidentally, I have noticed that small boys will approach the carcases of animals hanging up in the local streets with the obvious intention of having a crafty lick when nobody is looking. [Eek!]
Okay, but these were not the carcasses of humans.
As Rasol says, you can talk all the nonsense you want just don't eat us! [Wink]

Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Its plain to see that some people are either in denial or totally ignorant of history. Perhaps I ought to look up the accounts of the cannibalism that took place in Cairo in the 12 century. It is recorded and written by a Muslim so it simply has to be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I must look it up for you, and will post it up tomorrow.

Incidentally for the squeamish amongst you I think I ought to warn you that the eating of babies was considered to be a very special treat for Egyptians. But dont let me tell you that, I will give you the official account in due course. [Eek!]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Its plain to see that some people are either in denial or totally ignorant of history. Perhaps I ought to look up the accounts of the cannibalism that took place in Cairo in the 12 century. It is recorded and written by a Muslim so it simply has to be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I must look it up for you, and will post it up tomorrow.

Incidentally for the squeamish amongst you I think I ought to warn you that the eating of babies was considered to be a very special treat for Egyptians. But dont let me tell you that, I will give you the official account in due course. [Eek!]

Sure, whatever you say! The Egyptians considered babies a delicacy. So how did they cook them, or did they eat them raw? Did they barbeque them, perhaps make baby-back ribs?!! [Big Grin]
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Well, by all accounts, they apparently boiled them. But dont take my word for it. I will look up the record and print it up for you tomorrow. [Big Grin]
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Well, by all accounts, they apparently boiled them. But dont take my word for it. I will look up the record and print it up for you tomorrow. [Big Grin]

Yea you go head and do that. While your at it maybe you could add more culinary details about the recipes. [Big Grin]
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Fortunately, Mrs. Doubtfire is able to give some recipes for cooking human flesh. In one, pepper sauce is a recommended addition, and in another large quantities of pepper are used in the actual cooking, and vegetables could be added to others.

On the question of more recent Egyptian cannibalism, let me quote you from Wallis Budges Book "Osiris and the Egyptian Resurrection Vol I"

"One of the chief reasons for cannibalism in Egypt in all periods has been the lack of food caused by a series of low Niles, such as are described in the inscription on the Island of Sahal in the First Cataract. Of a few of the famines which have devasted Egypt during the Christian Era records are extant, and the atrocities which they describe are truly terrible. In 1069, owing to the low Niles of several years preceding, food was so scarce that the people began to eat each other. Passengers were caught in the streets by hooks let down from the windows, drawn up, killed, and cooked.

Human flesh was sold in public. Again, in the terrible famine which happened in 1201-2, the people of Cairo were driven to eat dead bodies, carcases of dogs and other animals, filth, etc., and at length they began to eat children roasted or boiled. 'ABD AL-LATIF, who was an eye witness of the terrible scenes that were enacted saw the roasted body of a child in a basket one day and two days later that of a youth who had been roasted and partly eaten. The Government burnt those who did these things, when they could be caught, but even the bodies of those who were burnt were devoured by the mob! The greater number of the lower classes were killed and eaten. Men of wealth and position waylaid unwary passengers, and having taken them home, milled them, cut them up and kept them in pots of brine! in one house 4OO skulls of human beings who had been killed and eaten were counted. The authorities, in trying to search out and punish the offenders, found cooking pots containing two or three children cupt up, ten hands, etc. A woman was found eating her husbands body, and parents ate their own children; this was the case throughout Egypt, from Syene to the Mediterranean. In this case the Egyptians were made cannibals by want, but they sometimes ate men through hatred or revenge. Thus in 1148, when Rudwan had escaped from Prison, he was struck down in front of the Khalifahs palace, and his head was thrown into his wifes lap. His body was cut into little pieces and devoured by the young soldiers, in the belief that they would thus assimilate his pith and courage. "

There is a lot more on record, of course, but I just wanted to give you a "taste" of Egyptian cannibalism in case there are some who are missing it. Of course, we have seen that it is possible to pickle human flesh in brine in addition to other recipes. This appears to be the Egyptian method of reserving supplies, although it is possible to smoke and dry human flesh in much the same way as any other animal flesh.

It is hope that you will all now be in no doubts concerning the culinary expertise of Egyptian cooks concerning the preparation of human flesh. [Big Grin]

Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Oh, I forgot to mention. In some recipes, it can be eaten raw, and particularly applies to liver which loses most of its nutritious content if cooked! [Big Grin]
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Your mom was also a cannibal.
Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Even though I don't agree with Mrs. Doubtfire's opinions, it is entitled to give them and not be ridiculed because of them. What we should simply do is refute the notions in a scholarly manner. If Mrs. Dubfire shows its immaturity then simply it ignore it and I think then the message might come across.

Mrs. Doubfire gets mosts of the information from a now deceased Egyptologist named E.A. Wallis Budge who wrote a two volume book entitled Osiris and the Egyptian Resurection. In the following book Budge compares the customs and traditions of many African groups to ancient Egyptian pratices and one such happens to be cannibalism. One must understand that Budge was a product of his time period and held many of the same racist streotypes against Africans that such scholars held at his period. His volumes are relativly good but should be taken with a pinch of salt. The prejudice and Victorian ideaology of many of the people he cites comes through in many pages.

One group described in the texts as being notorious cannibals are the Azande. The Azande were first boosted up because of their supposed noble ''Hamitic'' lineage as opposed to Bantu Central Africans. As far as the Dinka or any other Nilotic group I find cannibalism unlikely. E.E. Evans-Pritchard spent years living with all the Nilotic tribes and does not record cannibalism one time amongst the Nilotic tribes of southern Sudan.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by multisphinx:

Your mom was also a cannibal.

Multisphinx, there is no need to feed the troll with anything else but the ^^FACTS^^!! As posted above.

We all know that trolls with all their nonsense eventually get burned.

And Mrs. Doubtfire is no different!

-
[Wink]

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recall a song from my past where "the man with the pepper sauce is boss'!

jaja

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Hahaha. But Mrs. Doubtfire doesnt wish to compete with "Scholars" dears. If she wanted to do that then she would be with scholars and not on a silly chat forum talking to a lot of empty cans trying desperately hard to impress that they are knowledgable of the affairs of academia! Hahahaha.

Now, let's be reasonable, dears, and we shall proceed in an orderly fashion. [Big Grin]

Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Goodness, I've just noticed they have kindly printed up my picture! Isnt that nice of them, dears, now perhaps they could find a few pygmies with filed down teeth so that we can all see the "cosmetic" effect of doing such a thing. [Eek!]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com