EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Big correction to incorrect report about discovery in the Assassif

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Big correction to incorrect report about discovery in the Assassif
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like many others I reported an Italian news report which said that Francesco Tiradritti had made a discovery in the Assassif. I was unable to find any other information and email Francesco for details I received this email this morning.

you are unable to find any news of our new discovery for the simply fact that we did not make any new discovery. On December 1st we entered the tomb of Uahibre-nebpehty (TT 191) and I reported it in the day by day journal I am keeping on the Italian site. An Italian journalist, always looking for scoops, transformed that routine work in a sensational discovery.

Many apologies for embarrassing the Italian team

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com