EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Shades Of Memnon adventure books!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shades Of Memnon adventure books!
BroG
Member # 10844

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BroG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone. I have bopped in and out of this forum for a long time. Now I have joined. I am the author of the book series Shades Of Memnon at www.africanlegendsonline.com.

This is a fantasy adventure series based on the legends of Memnon, African hero of Troy and world Kushite culture. I am eager to speak to anyone about the issues I bring up in these books. Like the world-wide influence of the pyramid building Kushites(including the Egyptians) So who is out there tonight?

Posts: 65 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow i read it nice ,at first i thought iwas to wif my culture MEMONS but me didnt see THE ''N'' ..BUT HEY ITS GOOD ..
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigMix
Member # 6969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigMix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BroG:
Hello everyone. I have bopped in and out of this forum for a long time. Now I have joined. I am the author of the book series Shades Of Memnon at www.africanlegendsonline.com.

This is a fantasy adventure series based on the legends of Memnon, African hero of Troy and world Kushite culture. I am eager to speak to anyone about the issues I bring up in these books. Like the world-wide influence of the pyramid building Kushites(including the Egyptians) So who is out there tonight?

these books look good. I think I will be getting them.
Posts: 134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for one thing Egyptians were not Kushites. Egyptians and Kushites were two different groups of people.

If by Kushites, you mean 'Nubian' then you should be aware that Nubian refers to people living south of Egypt in general and there were various 'Nubian' groups. The Kushites first appeared during the Middle Kingdom and long after the time period of Memnon.

Memnon in the Iliad was described as an Ethiopian and Ethiopia was a synonym for Africa in general. Memnon could very well have been Egyptian or Libyan or whatver.

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BroG
Member # 10844

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BroG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Djehuti! Thanks for chiming in. The term Kushite is used by myself and others as an over all means of identifying black people who were masters of high culture and technologies who shared certain traits. This would include Nubians, Egyptians, Elamites, Olmecs and certian others who had related cultures. These cultures were called "Ethiopian" by the Greeks which means "burnt faced." Since the Greeks mentioned Ethiopians living in other parts of the world besides Africa, we are talking about a truly multiregional thing similar to the concept of "Aryans" being in diffrent places around the world. Just as the Aryans are said to be representatives of the Indo-European language group and certian cultural traits, "Ethiopian" was the Greek word for blacks with a similar world-wide footprint. Myself and others choose to use "Kushite" to label those blacks who are of what we call the "high culture." The genesis of the Kushite groups are best described by Dr. Clyde A. Winters "proto-saharan" thesis. In my book Memnon represents these far-flung cultures who originated in the Saharan region. Myself and the artists I work with are codifying a new, multicultural and African-centered world for adventure storytelling based on history, legend and world folklore about these people. This is storyteling based upon an Afrocentric view of the world. I already have interest from Hollywood movie makers. I think even white folk are tired of the strictly Eurocentric worlds shown in adventure storytelling. Aren't you?

--------------------
Greg Walker/aka "Brother G" author of the Shades Of Memnon book series. www.africanlegendsonline.com

Posts: 65 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Well I'm sorry to burst your bubble but if you follow the likes of Winters then you are definitely mistaken. There is NO connection between Dravidians, Elamites, and especially Olmecs to Africa!

For you to associate ever advanced black culture in the world makes you no different from the Aryanist Euro-nuts!!

Do not sink yourself into that level.

You do realize that the 'Aryan' theory is debunked and discarded like old used toilet tissue. Please do not do the same with African history.

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BroG
Member # 10844

Member Rated:
Uh uh uh, Djehuti!
Extremely powerful linguistic evidence for the prescence of Kushites in Ancient America was published recently in a book called “The Sound of Meaning: Comparitive Linguistics of Ancient Egyptian, Maya and Nahuatl” by Charles William Johnson. In this book Johnson presents hundreds of words with similar and often identical meaning and sounds used by the people in Ancient Egypt and Mexico. Utilizing the same scientific methods that revealed that the Indo-European language came from an ancient mother-tongue, Johnson shows that, without a doubt, these cultures were linguistically influenced by a parent culture. The author says (and I agree): “To attribute so many similarities of sound, symbol and meaning to mere coincidence contradicts the laws of probability.” Here is another quote from the book description:
“When similar kinds of linguistic correspondences were perceived by William Jones in the latter part of the eighteenth century, between Sanskrit and other languages, such examples were sufficient to convince scholars that all of those languages probably came from a mother tongue, the Indo-European language. Today, scholars seem unwilling or hesitant to accept the idea that the same laws of comparative linguistics may apply to ancient Egyptian, Maya and Nahuatl. The reason for this is quite simple:there is no historical basis for considering the possibility that the peoples of these different languages had any physical contact between themselves. This book attempts to show linguistic correspondences between these languages, and posits the notion that these cultures come from an identical source language.”
Johnson’s book is quite brilliant, but he is wrong about the lack of “historical basis” for contact between Africans and ancient Mexico. Besides the evidence from linguistics and imagery, the Mayan’s sacred book “Popol Vuh” clearly states that black people were among them in ancient times, while documents and traditions state that culture bearers came from the east in boats. I am convinced that the linguistic “mother culture” Johnson hints at is that of the world spanning Kushites, nurtured in the Sahara desert before it dried up. Just as Dr. Winters describes, this Proto-Saharan “mother culture” left their drying lands, settling in the Nile valley, Mexico and other areas. As the South American cocaine found in Nile valley mummies by German scientist Dr. Svetla Balabanova proves, they kept in contact with each other and traded.(The Mystery of The Cocaine Mummies: http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/Misc/mummies.htm.)

--------------------
Greg Walker/aka "Brother G" author of the Shades Of Memnon book series. www.africanlegendsonline.com

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ [Embarrassed] Sorry but I don't consider coincidental similarities in random word sounds and word meanings to be powerful linguistic evidence, let alone "extremely powerful".

I hope you realize that such similarities exist in a number of languages that have nothing to do with each other. As evidence by Clyde Winter's claim that Japanese has affinities with West African Mandingo!!

Here is another example..

Linguistically: Maori/Egyptian(meaning)

Ra/Ra (The sun)
Ta/ Dua(The morning)
mua/me(Behind, In)
koe/ke(you)
noa/ne (to)
kai/kâh(eat,bread)
Hau/Shu(Wind God/Wind)
Ka/Kau(Bull)
ahi/akhet(fire)
mate/mt(death)
Atua/Atum(God)
ike/kai(high)

Of course there is no evidence of any sort to connect Polynesian Maori to Egyptians just as there is no evidence to connect Olmecs to Egyptians.

For a TRUE linguistic connection, one must also include similarities in grammar as well as similarities in vocabulary that are consistent and not just random words.

BroG
Member # 10844

Member Rated:
Djehuti,I come from a journalistic background. In journalism you look into the opposing views and the reasons why all concerned have those views. Then you make a decision on how to present the stories based upon the most reasonable and logical items before you. Any reasonable person (without an agenda) would look at the statues, icons, linguistics and folklore combined and come to the conclusion that Aricans, particularly high culture Kushites, travelled all over the world and interacted with many people. I have looked at past posts by you and found you maintain your position similar to someone who is trying to defend their religion: it is your belief system. So I refuse to engage you in pointless debates back and forth. There is more than enough proof to satisfy me and many others. My books are for them and simply not for those like you. So good day to you.

--------------------

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Embarrassed] Sorry but again, coincidental similarities in random words is not linguistic evidence, and common global themes in iconography, folklore, and even physical features is NOT evidence of a direct connection.

You have proven nothing except bias on YOUR part for believing in such things.

You may not realize it, but you are no different from those lunatic racist Nazis who tried to find a European 'Aryan' connection from Siberia to Peru. They too saw commonalities in things like iconography, and folklore, and even features but in the end it all rubbish.

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

The Kushites first appeared during the Middle Kingdom and long after the time period of Memnon.

You mean the term for "Kushites". However, Kushites as a socio-ethnic entity, may well be a different story!
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ankhenaten2
Member # 10810

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ankhenaten2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BroG:

pay no attention to Djehuti he is insane and a major hater.

and you should also check into the african hebrews here is some real info on the ancient isrealites who where black if you need some solid proof:

http://www.filefarmer.com/ankhenaten2/eleventhpag.htm

http://www.filefarmer.com/ankhenaten2/ThemarkofCainoriginal.htm

-

ancient isrealites

Posts: 35 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, for one thing Egyptians were not Kushites. Egyptians and Kushites were two different groups of people.

If by Kushites, you mean 'Nubian' then you should be aware that Nubian refers to people living south of Egypt in general and there were various 'Nubian' groups. The Kushites first appeared during the Middle Kingdom and long after the time period of Memnon.

Memnon in the Iliad was described as an Ethiopian and Ethiopia was a synonym for Africa in general. Memnon could very well have been Egyptian or Libyan or whatver.

Do you have to make everything so difficult?
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a speech by the author of the Memnon books!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3596705828408030197&pl=true

Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BroG
Member # 10844

Member Rated:
Thanks Ahkenaten 2! This is very useful because I plan to have the tribe of Judah make an appearance in the series. Yeah!

--------------------

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by King_Scorpion:
quote:

Do you have to make everything so difficult?
What is so difficult about this post? [Confused]
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ankhenaten2:
BroG:

and you should also check into the african hebrews here is some real info on the ancient isrealites who where black if you need some solid proof:

-

ancient isrealites

The pic you posted proves NOTHING! Unless you think "blacks" are the only people capable of creating braids. People like you suffocate serious posters with your BS, please leave.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ankhenaten2:
BroG:

-

ancient isrealites

If you don't mind me asking akhneaton2, but how do you know for a fact that these pictures are of Israelites? I thought I seen these same pictures representing the Elamites....

Now the Elamites are supposed to be cousins to the Israelites, but how do you know for sure who are present in the photo.

Peace!~

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^This whole thread is nonsense and is no less a debacle than March of the Titans and Stormfront psuedo-crap.

The only one with sense enough to understand is Yonis and he is a black African.

quote:
ankhenaten2 posts:

BroG: pay no attention to Djehuti he is insane and a major hater.

and you should also check into the african hebrews here is some real info on the ancient isrealites who where black if you need some solid proof:...

Akhenaton, I find it ridiculous that you mistake my corrections as "hating" yet you have a website that calls people "mixed-breed" and claims Assyrians to look like president George Bush!! [Eek!]

Yeah it seems no one hates as much as you.

As for you pics of "African Hebrews", you should be aware that various non African peoples wore braids from Greeks to even Tibetans who wore micro-braids with women even wearing beads. Such is no proof of African ancestry.

quote:
RU2 posts:

If you don't mind me asking akhneaton2, but how do you know for a fact that these pictures are of Israelites? I thought I seen these same pictures representing the Elamites....

Now the Elamites are supposed to be cousins to the Israelites, but how do you know for sure who are present in the photo.

RU2, I don't know why you are incessant about connecting ancient Israelis to Elamites. These were two entirely different peoples who spoke entirely different languages, and from what we gather from artwork looked entirely different.

quote:
BroG posts:

Djehuti,I come from a journalistic background. In journalism you look into the opposing views and the reasons why all concerned have those views. Then you make a decision on how to present the stories based upon the most reasonable and logical items before you. Any reasonable person (without an agenda) would look at the statues, icons, linguistics and folklore combined and come to the conclusion that Aricans, particularly high culture Kushites, travelled all over the world and interacted with many people. I have looked at past posts by you and found you maintain your position similar to someone who is trying to defend their religion: it is your belief system. So I refuse to engage you in pointless debates back and forth. There is more than enough proof to satisfy me and many others. My books are for them and simply not for those like you. So good day to you.

That you come from a 'journalistic' bacground is obvious by your tabloid sensationalism based on loose evidence, Bro! Tying every advanced civilization outside of Africa to black Africans based on a few similarities is something that white racist Euro-nuts have been doing with their own culture for centuries. The only enemy to TRUE African history is YOU and people like you. When you try to sensationalize something with false propoganda it will only backfire. You and Clyde Winters have a lot to talk about!

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^^This whole thread is nonsense and is no less a debacle than March of the Titans and Stormfront psuedo-crap.

The only one with sense enough to understand is Yonis and he is a black African.

quote:
ankhenaten2 posts:

BroG: pay no attention to Djehuti he is insane and a major hater.

and you should also check into the african hebrews here is some real info on the ancient isrealites who where black if you need some solid proof:...

Akhenaton, I find it ridiculous that you mistake my corrections as "hating" yet you have a website that calls people "mixed-breed" and claims Assyrians to look like president George Bush!! [Eek!]

Yeah it seems no one hates as much as you.

As for you pics of "African Hebrews", you should be aware that various non African peoples wore braids from Greeks to even Tibetans who wore micro-braids with women even wearing beads. Such is no proof of African ancestry.

quote:
RU2 posts:

RU2, I don't know why you are incessant about connecting ancient Israelis to Elamites. These were two entirely different peoples who spoke entirely different languages, and from what we gather from artwork looked entirely different.

quote:
BroG posts:

That you come from a 'journalistic' bacground is obvious by your tabloid sensationalism based on loose evidence, Bro! Tying every advanced civilization outside of Africa to black Africans based on a few similarities is something that white racist Euro-nuts have been doing with their own culture for centuries. The only enemy to TRUE African history is YOU and people like you. When you try to sensationalize something with false propoganda it will only backfire. You and Clyde Winters have a lot to talk about!

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

O don't get me wrong please... The only real thing we know historically about the supposed Hebrews is really nothing... so when I asked about that art work that akhenaten2 placed up... I was asking how does he know that the art was of the Ancient Israelites....

I was explaining that I have heard people proclaiming that that same picture above were Elamites...

I also said from a biblical point of view (which I should have made note of)that the Elamites and Hebrews were related.

biblical:

Genesis 10:22
The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.

biblically the Israelites come from the house of Shem, which makes them ancient brothers...
------------------------------------------------

Can the bible be taken seriously... NO!!!!!!!!!

So in essence I was trying to figure out how do he know that the picture which he described above was actually Israelites? I personally want someone to prove to me Historically that there was a such people called the Israelites... (Menetho tb...doesn't prove anything to me as well: Israelite could have been a term for a people such as 'These people are the popes'. Anyone can be a pope if he studies hard... but does being a pope constitue a bloodline?).

Djehuti wrote:

"These were two entirely different peoples who spoke entirely different languages, and from what we gather from artwork looked entirely different."

that is what the scripture above is for... the authors of the bible thought that the Elamites and the Israelites were related...

Peace!~

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ankhenaten2
Member # 10810

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ankhenaten2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some real info on the ancient isrealites who where black if you need some solid proof:

Posts: 35 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com