EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT-Oral myth and Origins of the Tuaregs (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OT-Oral myth and Origins of the Tuaregs
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ceelgabo_11:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:
Originally posted by Ceelgabo_11:

Look the people who wrote this know more about the Touregs and their lineage than you and I.

Judging by certain inconsistancies, I'd say that the people who wrote this article are not a primary source but got their info from other sources. We have evidence BOTH from anthropologists and geneticists as well as from TUAREG ORAL TRADITIONS. The former supports the latter.

quote:
I have question

How could North Africans associate themself with the prophet by claiming to be descended of Himyarites? When Himyarites Arabs are not even related to prophet Mohammed(pbuh)...Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) descended from Adnani Arabs, while Himyarites descended from Qahtani Arabs from Yemen.

You are correct about this! But try to understand that some Muslim folks want to associate themselves with the Prophet so bad they will try to claim relation to whatever Arabian group that historically entered their area regardless of actual relation to Muhammad!!

[QOUTE]You are correct about this! But try to understand that some Muslim folks want to associate themselves with the Prophet so bad they will try to claim relation to whatever Arabian group that historically entered their area regardless of actual relation to Muhammad !![/QOUTE]

If muslim tribe in Africa or Asia say that they are descended of Arab merchent or missionary and could name the person and could trace their lineage back to that person...than who are you to say they are lying about their lineage. Do you know their family tree better than them, I assume you don't.

Can't genetics tell?
If the Hausa claim to be descended from someone in Iraq as OP stated, and if genetics and other methods debunk their claim, then what?
Same applies to other groups.

People of African descent all over have issues with our identity due to the negativity surrounding Africa.
So, the idea of people African descent attaching themselves to other groups while devaluing their heritage is not uncommon.

Posts: 200 | From: Akahara | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 200 | From: Akahara | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com