EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancestry and Lies??? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ancestry and Lies???
GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GambA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the process in which a group of people are thought by their ancestors that they came from a group of people while genetics say otherwise: I'm referring to the Black Irish: some Irish pretend to have Spanish ancestry because they are darker, I'm referring to the Northern Sudanese: genetics show that few can pretend Arab ancestry, I'm referring to some Somalis: Darod and Issaq are more than 50% of the population however only 15% according to studies on genetics could claim Arab ancestry, I'm referring to the Falasha who have very few West Asian genes...
What's the process...Is there any study out there that explore this phenomenon in general, not just in a particular group.
GambA

Posts: 182 | From: I Forgot | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well we do not know who these 15 percent are for sure and it would have been for better if they said which part of somalia they come from and which group they belong to.
Posts: 216 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any way i am not trying to start once again a thread like e3b .
Posts: 216 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GambA:

What is the process in which a group of people are thought by their ancestors that they came from a group of people while genetics say otherwise: I'm referring to the Black Irish: some Irish pretend to have Spanish ancestry because they are darker, I'm referring to the Northern Sudanese: genetics show that few can pretend Arab ancestry, I'm referring to some Somalis: Darod and Issaq are more than 50% of the population however only 15% according to studies on genetics could claim Arab ancestry, I'm referring to the Falasha who have very few West Asian genes...
What's the process...Is there any study out there that explore this phenomenon in general, not just in a particular group.
GambA

Unfortunately, some people claim false pedigrees because of the prestige. Some folks claim admixture with Arabs or Middle-Easterners because it makes them closer to their faith, usually Islam.

And then there are some nuts who go so far as to claim ancient African populations as being the same also! LOL [Big Grin]

Posts: 26267 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kawashkar
Member # 11828

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kawashkar         Edit/Delete Post 
I will post in here so this thread is deleted.

KAWASHKAR

--------------------
Olmecs are Amerindians

Posts: 413 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Darod and Issaq are more than 50%
Where did you get these figures?
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sassanid
Member # 12046

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sassanid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be carefull the moderator here is a troll and dosent allow the truth.

--------------------
Sassanid pride

Posts: 17 | From: At Home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kawashkar
Member # 11828

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kawashkar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sassanid:
Be carefull the moderator here is a troll and dosent allow the truth.

Ooops. Another thread gone down the toilet [Big Grin]

KAWASHKAR

Posts: 413 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GambA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Dir, Daarood, Isaaq, and Hawiye, which together make up the Samaal clans, constitute roughly 75 percent of the population. Most Samaal clans are widely distributed pastoralists, although a growing minority of them are settled cultivators. The Digil and Rahanwayn constitute about 20 percent of the population. They are settled in the riverine regions of southern Somalia and rely on a mixed economy of cattle and camel husbandry and cultivation."
It might be reasonable to assume that Haawiye and Dirs don't represent more than 25% of the population....The percentage is even much lower for the Dir (Issa, Gadabursi):they are very fiew in Djibouti and Issaq land(aka Somaliland)
GambA

Posts: 182 | From: I Forgot | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the issa somali brothers who are DIR are the majority in Djibouti so that info is b.s and the somalis outnumber the afars

the president is a somali

the hawiye brothers alone make up 25%

hawiye and Dir trace ancestry to a somali forefather

and your comment ''how is it possible when only 15% could claim''when it comes to darood and isaaq brothers is illogical

somalis don't trace their lineages directly to darood and isaaq but trough sub sub sub sub clans so if they were arabs wich i doubt it could still be true even if only 15% carry eurasian lineages cause after darood and isaaq there are only somali forefathers

just respect people's choices if they want to claim marsians you have no right to deny them that right

Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaahin
Member # 11967

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaahin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good questions; way to start Gamba.

And yes These two tribes claim of Arabian ancestary, the number is probably an exageration.
Somewhere around 45% would be correct rather than >50%.

Regards.

Posts: 52 | From: Guatanamo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sassanid
Member # 12046

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sassanid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kaahin:
Good questions; way to start Gamba.

And yes These two tribes claim of Arabian ancestary, the number is probably an exageration.
Somewhere around 45% would be correct rather than >50%.

Regards.

Somalis are arabs! They look like south eastern saudis. At least more than 50 cent.
Posts: 17 | From: At Home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
Idiot. You meant to say Arabs look like Somalis....the difference is that they (Arabs) have a fucking big nose...maybe it's related to their Bantu Ancestry(30% in Yemen alone: the purest of the Arabs). How can you make a difference with these people and Bantus, I mean they all look alike strong jaws, big head, big nose:
 -
 -
 -
 -
GambA

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't the below a clear admission of disruption?
If so, then why is that poster still allowed the
privelege of forum membership?

I hope Sami will address this issue in its
particulars instead of blindly broadaxing
entire threads when pruning posts is what's
really in order.

Many suffer when good researched data and
original presentations and critical analyses
of professionals' works gets trashed because
of and along with the worthless pablum.

Sami please don't deprive the worldwide
community of web surfers our invaluable
insights because of trolls and hatemongers.

Many of us here post material on a masters
degree level, material rarely found even in
discussions and term papers at university.

Unlike the more chatroom like forums that
ES hosts, this forum -- Egypt Search Forum
Ancient Egypt and Egyptology tends to follow
the groundbreaking stance of the UNESCO series
General History of Africa which reconnects the
history of T3 Mry/Egypt/Misr with its home
continent, Africa, while not depriving it of
all its interactions with and infusions from
extra-African/non-African peoples, nations,
and civilizations which have profoundly
effected the modern nation state and minimally
so the ancient Nile Valley Civilization known
as KM.t.

This is also a plea to all forum members for mature and considered correspondance free of
personal affronts and cultural/national/etc chauvinism.

quote:
Originally posted by kawashkar:
I will post in here so this thread is deleted.

KAWASHKAR

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^^^^^ agreed!
Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ceelgabo_11
Member # 8942

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This topic has become the cultural norm of Egyptsearch...trying to rewrite people ancestry, so that it fits Afrocentric agenda. To my confused Somali "Gamba", its not Isaaqs that are making false claim about their ancestry or their forefather...its Somalis like you who create these mythical brothers Somaal and Samaal whatever as ancestry of the whole Somali speakers that make false claim. These two brothers whom Somali descended from probably never existed and the fact is that not all SOmalis are related and that we are descended from many tribes...including Habeshees, Oromas,Arabs and other tribes that don't exist anymore. Unlike you Isaaqs have no need of making false claims, since they already know where their forefather is buried, and every sub clan of Isaaq can trace their lineage or family tree all the way back to him and if you don't buy Isaaqs claims than please go to Yemen or Saud Arabia and ask elders who are familiar with tribes and families and they will tell you about who Shiekh Isaaq(may allah be pleased with him) is.

Gamba is Somaliland is Isaaq land than how is it that the president elected not appointed by warlords is Gadabursi, but even if SOmaliland is Isaaq land than surely Isaaqs are more civilized and peaceful than your brethrens in south who specialize in backbiting, stealing and killing each other...Hawiye AKA Hutus being the worst of the bunch.So before you insult SOmaliland or question the identity of Isaaqs please lectures your brethrens in Mogadishu who they are and how to live with eachother.

quote:
Unfortunately, some people claim false pedigrees because of the prestige. Some folks claim admixture with Arabs or Middle-Easterners because it makes them closer to their faith, usually Islam.
Djehuti If Isaaqs wanted to claim to be Arabs to be close to their faith they would have adopted Arabic language and culture instead of Somali culture and language, because to be an Arab your mother tongue has to be Arabic not your lineage. Also why would a Isaaqs need to feel that they need to claim to be Arab to feel closer to Islam when Islam reached their ancesters in Somaliland before most of Arabia...

Djehut do you have to be latin to be Catholic?

Posts: 554 | From: Somaliland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ceelgabo
ninkan tobiga sameeyay
somali ma'aha
wa wax kale waye
af xumoka hawiye
iyo koonfuur
uu ku heesitiid
ma fiicno
waxii qorotay
wa ceeb
wa ramadan sxb
tir tiir walaal
meel somali ka buuxto
ma joogno

salaam

Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ceelgabo_11
Member # 8942

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MULLAH'S_REVENGE:
ceelgabo
ninkan tobiga sameeyay
somali ma'aha
wa wax kale waye
af xumoka hawiye
iyo koonfuur
uu ku heesitiid
ma fiicno
waxii qorotay
wa ceeb
wa ramadan sxb
tir tiir walaal
meel somali ka buuxto
ma joogno

salaam

Walaal..I know its ramadan and I apologize for losing my cool.
Posts: 554 | From: Somaliland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
dadkan
wa dad xuun
wa dad walaan
caadi ma'aha
waxii uu naga raban
anaga iis cayno
ha ku daciin trapkoodu sxb
ka fog walaal

ramadan kariim

Hotep2u
Member # 9820

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hotep2u     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings:

Ceelgabo,Afrocentrics scholars DO NOT have any agenda other than trying to report the historical facts concerning Afrikan history and Afrikan people, I suggest if you have problems dealing with the facts then take those problems to Eurocentric or Arabcentric LIARS who are writing LIES about the history of Afrika.

Anthropologist have made it quite clear that broad features are quite common among the skeletal remains found in North East Afrika.

Gamba, I don't know if you are a Somali so I would just like you to know that your comments against Bantu speakers in Afrika is disrespectful.

I would like to ask if this posts is typical behavior for Somali posters?

Hotep

--------------------
TruthSeeker

Posts: 477 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
Let's go back to the subject: "Ancestry and Lies".
Djehuti provided some good input...if someone can bring some academic input...you're welcome.
GambA.

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hotep2u:
Gamba, I don't know if you are a Somali so I would just like you to know that your comments against Bantu speakers in Afrika is disrespectful.

Gamba is a kenyan bantu himself.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Hotep2u:
Greetings:

Ceelgabo,Afrocentrics scholars DO NOT have any agenda other than trying to report the historical facts concerning Afrikan history and Afrikan people, I suggest if you have problems dealing with the facts then take those problems to Eurocentric or Arabcentric LIARS who are writing LIES about the history of Afrika.

Anthropologist have made it quite clear that broad features are quite common among the skeletal remains found in North East Afrika.

I would like to ask if this posts is typical behavior for Somali posters?

Hotep

arabs this arabs that ,islam this and islam that . still goes on...
GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
quote:
Master Kikuyu Yonis wrote:
Gamba is a kenyan bantu himself.

Think again...Think hard...really hard...Let's go back to the subject:"Ancestry and Lies"
GambA

Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Gabon
GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
Think again...Think hard...really hard...Let's go back to the subject:"Ancestry and Lies"
GambA

Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
exposed!
swish
Member # 12017

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for swish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isaaq and Darood is only 40% of the Somalis...And some random Somali immigrants in Denmark tested don't tell anything about the whole Somali population...

And also A LOT of yemenis have east african genes so it could be Darood just had E3b....Somalis only claim one guy not some family or a lot of Arabs like Sudan, Mauritania etc

Somali language is also heavily Arab infleunced around 20% of the words i would say.

Just some random words in Somali

Sareer - Bed
Mustaqbal - Future
Qalam - Pen
Fahm - Understand
Faras - Horse

etc

Posts: 56 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
quote:
Mullah Taliban:
exposed!

Obviously your case is tragic...It's clear that you don't think....Think again...Think hard...really hard...Let's go back to the subject:"Ancestry and Lies"..

swish,
I don't understand what you're saying: Somalis =Africans, Arabs=Mullatto 100 times, why do you want to compare apple and oranges? You must be Darod or Issaq, they are the only ones who talk like you...You are African, Arabs are Asians..no wonder a Darod(Siad Bare) put Somalia in the Arab league...or Somaliland is courting the state of Israel

GambA

swish
Member # 12017

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for swish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Africa is just a continent, not some Culture/Race.

I can relate to Arabs (Yemenis, Saudis) more then lets say Zimbabwians, Angolans etc...

Posts: 56 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
idi amin the only thing that's a tragic case here is the person who doesn't respect other people's beliefs and acusses them of being liars and tries to enforce something on them

if some african americans want to claim indian ancestry then let them

if falasha's want to claim asian ancestry then let them

if afars want to claim arab patrons then let them

it's time you learned to respect other people's cultures

walaalyaal ninkan ajenbika wa tabcaan walahi
isaaq iyo darood af xumo uu ku bilaway
sidii idiinka af xumo hawiye iyo dir ku bilawteen

ha ku daciin

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Salam M's R,

With all due respect brother, can we avoid to write Somali to respect other posters on this forum who don't speak the language?

Salam

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
salaam sis

the somali part is directed to somali posters it's just a reminder of how some disrespectfull posters are trying to pollute this forum with off-topic threads for the sole purpose of trolling

ramadan kariim

GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
He's angry....
swish
Member # 12017

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MULLAH'S_REVENGE:
walaalyaal ninkan ajenbika wa tabcaan walahi
isaaq iyo darood af xumo uu ku bilaway
sidii idiinka af xumo hawiye iyo dir ku bilawteen

ha ku daciin

runtada waye ninkan jareerka wuxu rabya ina is cayno
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
quote:
He's angry....

Think again...Think hard...really hard...Let's go back to: Ancient Egypt

CANNON!! [Big Grin]

Kaahin
Member # 11967

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaahin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

what are the chances that an E3b1 would be of an Arab Origin?

Most of those sampled Somalis are of E3b1 hablogroup. Therefore, Unless we reclassify E3b Hablogroup as of Arabic stock, I am affraid that we should maintain Somalis to have originated from where they are at the moment rather than a back migration from Arabia.

It could also be true that Sheikh Ishaq and Shaikh Darod may have been Yemenis who belonged to the E3b hablogroup as is the case for many Yemenis today.

Regards.

Posts: 52 | From: Guatanamo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by swish:

And some random Somali immigrants in Denmark tested don't tell anything about the whole Somali population...

How about what other studies convey?...

.The cluster E-M78 gamma was found in eastern Africa at an average frequency of 17.7%, with the highest frequencies in the three Cushitic-speaking groups: the Borana from Kenya (71.4%), the Oromo from Ethiopia (32.0%), and the Somali (52.2%). Outside of eastern Africa, it was found only in two subjects from Egypt (3.6%) and in one Arab from Morocco. - Cruciani et al.

For details on the other lineages, not mentioned above, please see:

http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/AJHG/journal/issues/v74n5/40866/40866.html?erFrom=-2540723974239709912Guest

Moreover, what are the odds of 201 immigrant Somalis not being representative of Somalis, as put forth in the Sanchez et al. study? Besides, do you have another study, that gives us an alternative conclusion? If not, well...simply means that you don't have a case. [Smile]

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
For stupid switched and Mullah Taliban (lost Darods and Issaqs) who dreams about big nosed uggly Arabs: the Rendille are closer to Somali than the Arabs:
Headrests are used by many nomadic people of Eastern Africa while resting or sleeping. It is popularly believed that the headrest serves a
protective function by elevating the head off the ground during sleep, thereby preventing any possible attack by snakes or scorpions.

The Rendille lead a peaceful nomadic life in north central Kenya. They cling to a nomadic life of herding camels, goats and cattle. Harassed
constantly by the more powerful groups of Oromo and Turkana, these people lead an extremely harsh existence. Some sources also report problems
with the Somali, but the Somali have had a relatively benevolent view of eh Rendille as distant relatives.

History: Before 1500, the ancestors of the Rendille were part of the same people and speaking the same "Somaloid" or Proto-Somali language with
the ancestors of the Somali, Sakuye and Gabbra people. This people were already organized round a complex camel culture at that time. This
included an extensive ritual calendar, based on dual lunar and solar calendars involving ceremonies for the well-being of camels and humans.

The 16th century Oromo expansion brought great disruption to these Somaloid peoples causing migrations south and westward from their southern
Ethiopia and Somalia homes. These peoples were further separated when some groups of them developed ritual kinship arrangements with Oromo
(Borana) peoples for protection. The Rendille were the southernmost of these Somaloid peoples and maintained their own culture and language more
intact.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

Kaahin
Member # 11967

Rate Member
Out of Curiosity and to cut the chase short.........

where are you from GAMBA.

I thought you are Oromo.

Regards.

swish
Member # 12017

Rate Member
not the same

-
 -
 -

-

Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
what a fool i got myself a habibi allready what do you mean dream?

and the rendille are predominantly non muslim

so geneticly they might be closer to the majority of somalis but religion wise there not

lol @somaloid

GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
swish where are you from? By the way you are fake you posted Masai's pictures...stupid man. It's your father?  -
Walayi you're from Yemen, I knew it from day one...
GambA

Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
swish they do

http://www.iisd.ca/desert/cop7/pix/6elder0073-b.jpg

Kaahin
Member # 11967

Rate Member
quote:
swish where are you from? By the way you are fake you posted Masai's pictures...stupid man.
GambA

Gamba,

You do not answer question with a question....answer the question first.

Once again where are you from?

Regards.

swish
Member # 12017

Rate Member
quote:
swish where are you from? By the way you are fake you posted Masai's pictures...stupid man.
GambA

why do you care you kikuyu? mukundu, msenge wewe nyonya boe [Big Grin]
GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
Darod or Issaq, just pick one...why? are you affraid...Here's Daddy:
 -

Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
http://www.calvin.edu/minds/vol02/issue02/images/rendille/006_238px.jpg

http://toby.spacetownusa.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_work-crew-2.jpg

swish
Member # 12017

Rate Member
i thought he posted masai at first but he edited, mullah.

rendille might look cushitic but their culture is heavily nilosaharan and are somewhat mixed.

gamba my clan is none of your business since you dont even state WTF you are...

Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
there's nothing shamefull about two ancient muslim men who went to two fathers and ASKED for their PREMISSION to marry their daughters

the fathers and their brothers didn't let her be raped or abused

they asked for premission to marry that's a big big difference!

There are many Somalis of Yemeni descent, and many Yemenis of Somali descent -Yemeni Foreign Minister, AbuBakr Al-Qirbi

you've never been to places like D'mache or Thula like me where i saw many yemenis with somali ancestry

doing a test in sana'a alone is like doing a test in one region of somalia and then claim it represent the population

a denmark type of test but this time in yemen covering multiple places would give a better view just like the denmark test covered with out a doubt multiple clans

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com