EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: An Interview with Kola Boof. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OT: An Interview with Kola Boof.
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

JANINE: "Hi Kola. First of all..as one Black woman to another, let me applaud you for your courage. I am literally in awe when I read about you. You truly bring to mind the words African Warrior Queen."

KOLA: "Thank you so much, but I am not a warrior and I am not a Queen. I am a good daughter and I am a womanist. I believe that the meaning of life is that your deeds outlive you. But I am not a superwoman."

JANINE: "And so modest, too!" (they both laugh) "Kola, listen...this is really serious. These people who run your country are saying that you are such a traitor to Islam and to Sudan that you need to be...eliminated from this earth. Aren't you scared?"

KOLA: "Well, ofcourse I am. But I would not be the first person who was killed or imprisoned or beaten for speaking out against slavery and Arab Muslim oppression in Sudan. This is a chance I had to take for the Black African people."

JANINE: "I am so shocked that in this day and age we still have slavery in the world. Many of us Americans aren't familiar with what's going on in Sudan, so can you talk about that?"

KOLA: "Slavery...is just a terrible sympton of a horrible disease that has been in Sudan for centuries now. You know, we have ethnic cleansing in Sudan. The lightskinned Arabs are the elite, the ruling class. Everyone wants to be them, look like them and be accepted by them. But what everyone doesn't want--is to be Muslim. This is what causes the civil war. My country is divided into the Arab Muslim North, which is where I am from, because my father was an Egyptian Arab Muslim...and then the South, which is very African and populated by charcoal Black people, the original Kushites as a matter of fact, the Dinka, Nuer, Shilluks and others. In the middle we have the people who are my color--dark brown--but most of them are mixed and they do not consider themselves African. Even as dark as me, they will slap you if you call them Black or African. They want to be considered Arab. Many of them are Nubians who mixed with light Arabs. These Nubians straighten their hair and they go to Turkey and marry White street prostitutes and bring them back to Sudan and try to pass them as respectable women--all because they want to breed lighter children who can pass for "Arab". That is the goal. Many Nubians who can become my color will turn on their own families and run away and embrace Islam. So this root of colorism is what causes the ethnic cleansing in Sudan, the civil war."

JANINE: "Boy oh boy. You know this reminds me a lot of the color issues in America. I heard that your Egyptian grandmother put you up for adoption because of your skin color."

KOLA: "Oh yes. My Mahdi Pappuh was killed when I was a child because he spoke out in public against the Arab Muslim government in Sudan. His mother, my grandmother, she had always hated that he married an African woman, but such a dark charcoal black one--that is what made him settle in Sudan instead of Egypt. So when my parents were murdered, my grandmother put me up for adoption. Yes."

JANINE: "Wow. I think you're beautiful."

KOLA: "Thank you. My charcoal Black mother was a Gisi-Waaq Oromo. They are extremely beautiful Black women. Very graceful and petite. She never walked on ground, she glided."

JANINE: "What about the Black African people, Kola, who have accused you of witchcraft? Oh, I know...but seriously. Because you have publicly stood up for gay rights and called it 'normal behavior' and because you refuse to be covered up, you're naked on your books."

KOLA: "My breasts are bare to honor the Nilotic Goddess religions of the Nile River, I refuse to explain that again, I choose Africa not Islam..and as for homosexuality...I am not a homosexual. I am a straight woman. But why should I be afraid of homosexuals? They are normal, yes, I believe that. I also acknowledge that we have ALWAYS had gay people in Africa, the gatekeepers and dance people were gay--some of our greatest Warriors and Queens were homosexuals. What's wrong with saying that out loud? And why do we have to stone women to death just to prove that we accept Islam."

JANINE: "So this is why they want you dead...because you are saying these things out in public?"

KOLA: "I believe that religions are man-made..they are NOT God. God is God. Religions are just institutions that men came up to have power and control. I would like to see us women start our own religion, but anyway, I have scorned Islam...which is punishable by death, that's the nature of the religion you see...and I have revealed that all over the Arab world, Black African people are enslaved and treated like cattle--mainly and foremost, because they are Black. The Arabs have a word that's like Nigger, it's "Abeed", which means 'slave race'. This is what they reserve for Blacks, even the Arab Blacks with socalled good hair and brown skin are called "Abeed". Have you ever seen dogs chained up to the back doors of houses...dogs who live outside and eat outside?...well in Arab countries, there are Black men's children chained to the back of houses this way. There are Black women who work in Arab kitchens--their tongues cut out of their heads. Sudan's Arab government, the NIF, they actually finance this satanic evil. Why don't you just ask Minister Louis Farrakhan? He's good friends with Sudan's Arab Islamic President, Al Bashir. Farrakhan loves the Arab Muslim governments of North Africa. They're his biggest supporters."

JANINE: "My God. Now that's deep."

KOLA: "Not only deep, but true. In Sudan, the Black Africans have a name for Minister Farrakhan. I use it, too. We call him 'The White Bastard'."

JANINE: "Well, Kola, I'm not about to go there with you girl."

KOLA: (laughs) "I know. He might have us killed, ha? Murdered in the name of Allah. You know, it's a shame Malcolm X had to die. In Africa--we really loved Malcolm X. We called him Red Rooster. He was an authentic Black man, a King among men. Him, I would like to give birth to again. He was every Black child's dream. It's a shame that the Arabs only showed Malcolm their livingrooms when he visited their world. Their mosques. If he had seen what they had tied up in the bedroom...or pacing the kitchen...or tied to the back door, he would not have been fooled by those Arabs who so love and court American blacks and call them brother to their faces, but NIGGER behind their backs."

JANINE: "Girl, this is deep."

KOLA: "Yes, let's talk about something else. Cowardly hypocrites like Jesse Jackson and Minister Farrakhan make me sick to my stomach. This is why we Black women must give birth to some real men. Men of honor."

JANINE: "I have heard that the Black Southerners of Sudan call you QUEEN KOLA--but how do the Northerners react to you? You're a Northerner yourself."

KOLA: "Well, the Northerners mostly hate my guts. But not all Arab Muslim people are prejudiced, evil Nazis, you know. There are many Northern Arabs who have written to me with their love and support. Many of them are also oppressed by Sudan's governments for other reasons. Many Muslim people believe in peace and goodness, but the religion is just too violent and too masculine for goodness to dominate it. And these people are good people...but they're cowards, because they know what is being done to Africans in Sudan and Egypt and yet they do nothing about it."

JANINE: "You have expressed a desire to see Israel triumph in the middle east, a position which is not popular with Black American leaders."

KOLA: "Well, that's because Black Americans are ignorant to the true picture in the middle east. Certainly, the Jews are not brothers to us, either. Israel is not a friend, in my opinion, to Africa. But the Arab nations are like parasites against African humanity. They exploit us, degrade and dehumanize us, enslave us and teach us to hate our own skin and hair. Amiri Baraka had a controversial poem inwhich he asked...WHO HAS KILLED MORE AFRICANS?....he's such a fool, to me, because he doesn't realize that the Arabs have enslaved and killed African people for thousands of years. If I had to choose between the White man and the Arab...give me the White one. Atleast he can be manipulated and impressed. Atleast he is not as psychotic and blood-thirsty as the Arab man is. The White Caucasoid, the Arab,the Jewish Caucasoid, the Asian and the African...all of these men are DEVILS...but the worst of all is the Arab...and because the African has almost no real power in this world, he is the lesser Devil. But still, the men are the ones who make our lives unbearable and filled with joyless, numbing stupidity".

JANINE: "What do you think about the peace talks and the peace agreement they're trying to sign in Machakos?"

KOLA: "I think it's meaningless, because it won't change the lives of the oppressed Black people of Sudan. To be honest, I don't see much hope of North Sudan ever having peace and harmony with South Sudan. And I completely blame the Arabs for that. Perhaps if we could have a real African hero, a true Black leader as the President of Sudan with a democratic government--then we could have unity and justice in Sudan."

JANINE: "You have a book out right now...a really good collection of short stories called LONG TRAIN TO THE REDEEMING SIN: Stories of African Women...I loved this book."

KOLA: "Thanks."

JANINE: "But there was a character in one of the stories, a Black supermodel who said, quote....the black man is the biggest disappointment since GOD....."

KOLA: "You know what...I truly love Black men...the love of my life, the only man I have ever loved...is a Black man. Anyone who reads my work knows that I love Black men...but when I wrote that...[that the Black man is the biggest disappointment since God]..I meant that. I truly meant it. Many black women write to me and tell me that's their favorite line in the entire book..."

JANINE: "But why Kola? I felt sorry for brothers when I read that line."

KOLA: "Well I don't. I get so sick of these women who refuse to hold OUR poor black men, OUR men...accountable and responsible for their actions. I have seen this in Africa where the men are so catered to, so spoiled and the women are second class citizens, invisible doormats. Look at me--my vagina cut and marked with tribal markings(!) so that Black men can proclaim me "pure". What bullshit is that? And look at the epidemic of RAPE in Africa..look at how the Black man judges us Black women on the color..the shade..of our skin instead of the content of our character. Look at how he hates the natural God-given African hair of African women and prefers the hair of the White man's mother--then he calls the White man every name but GOD, which is what he should be calling him considering the condition of the Black race. Look at this evil that we Blacks do to our own mother all over the world..these hip-hop pimps with their toxic rap videos, spreading their self-hatred to black children all over the world...these Black men in America who think that racism only effects Black men and have dishonored their own mother's history just to be VALIDATED by the White man's WHITE mother. Oh, yes...Black women are doing it, too, you say..interracial profiling...but everybody knows from Nairobi to Seattle, that we Black women never wanted these White Caucasoids. We love our Black men, but they don't deserve our love. They are the ones with the power and the freedom--to be selfish and insecure. Look at the way our men are breeding our African children off the planet...in exchange for Tiger Woods, for Vin Diesel, for Jennifer Beales. Look at this weak ****. Look at how they lie constantly on the Black woman, throwing mudd upon her character--almost always based upon how Black she is and how African the hair, how African the facial features--only they fail to mention that those are the real reasons they hate her. They hate her because she's black..and Black women..WILL make you black. Niggers don't want to be Black if they can help it. In America, the vast majority of Black children are raised by Black single mothers, which wouldn't be so bad if these women weren't so mentally and emotionally damaged. We have a community that coddles and spoils the Black male, but fails to develop Black daughters at all. It is that way in Africa, too. The society caters only to the men. On the law books, the women have no rights. Everyone talks of the poor Black man, the slavery that only HE went through, the racism that only HE faces, the discrimination and social abuse that only HE puts up with. It's such a load of bullshit. This is the disgrace of our entire race and Black men must not be allowed to degrade and dishonor us. We must not tolerate it."

JANINE: "Wow...I never thought of it that way, but I cann't deny it, either."

KOLA: "Look--it's time for us Black women to give birth to a new King. That is what I am saying. We women need to become competent and stop being delusional, stop being co-dependent doormats who allow this cycle of self-destruction to continue by trying to pretend it's not there. WE hold the power, because we have the WOMBS. Now let us women come together and use our spirit and nurturing, our inate goodness--we need to give birth to a new Black child. One who loves himself, accepts himself and respects and honors his own goddamned mother. It is time for the niggers...whether they be in Sudan or in Seattle...it is time for the Nigger men to be put to death. We cannot afford to keep giving birth to such worthless sons. A worthless son is like a pet rock. Have you ever noticed how the Black man asks for what he is not willing to give in return? They want love and loyalty, they want someone to stand beside them through thick and thin--but as an African woman, I ask you--Who did THEY ever stand by? It certainly wasn't us Black women. God knows we carried the world on our heads for our men, but look at how we are repaid. With disrespect, contempt and utter slander."

JANINE: "Do you worry that Black men will miscontrue your disappointment in them for...not loving them?"

KOLA: "I love Black men...and if they cann't see that, then they're stupid. But no, I don't care what Black men think about me. I am my own Queen. My loyalty is to my womb, to my children. As usual, we Black women have the important task of saving the race--and that includes the human race."

JANINE: "You know Kola, I was just watching your face, the pain in your eyes..and I wondered...how does she cope with being Kola Boof? How do you relax when all this mad drama fills your life?"

KOLA: "Ah...I cook. I love cooking."

JANINE: "Oh, that's right. Your editor was raving to me about your cooking. I hear you're like a Chef."

KOLA: "I've also started working out...now that I'm in my thirties. I meditate and I love to read good books. I cope by writing down my thoughts and cooking. I would like my own cooking show."

JANINE: "A lot of people say that you and your fiance had the perfect chemistry, the perfect love affair, and let me tell you, he is one gorgeous hunk of Black Brotha...but they also say that as soon as terrorists started shooting at you, he ran for cover and left you alone."

KOLA: "That's not true, and I really don't want to discuss him, but there a lot of factors in why we broke up."

JANINE: "Now, I heard you guys haven't really broken up. It's like he's been in your life for eternity."

KOLA: "Yes we did break up..but we still really love each other. That doesn't change just because you part company. He's the only man I ever loved. Our problem is that we have trouble accepting one another."

JANINE: "In your new book, DIARY OF A LOST GIRL, which is your life story and comes out in January of 2003...you did this beautiful essay that pays tribute to some of your favorite Black men. It's called THE LIGHT THAT I BLESSED, I loved it. Some of the men saluted are Ousmane Sembene, Spike Lee, Derrick Bell, Kalamu ya Salaam, Keith Boykin, Malcolm X and Denzel Washington. What is it about these men that makes you praise them?"

KOLA: "Well...the sad thing about being Black is that you must always think of yourself that way..for the sake and good of your children. It is the only way to achieve a clarity which can protect them, you see. The men that I praised fully understand that."

JANINE: "Now also in DIARY OF A LOST GIRL, you talk about losing your virginity to your Black American high school sweetheart who really dogged you out..but then...you become the mistress of a 40-something year old White man..at just seventeen he sets you up in your own condo and gives you a Fiat. You have an abortion, the details of which are so upsetting that I won't discuss it with you...but you were a White man's mistress for five years, Kola. Why did you stay?"

KOLA: "Because I didn't belong in America and I wanted a place to hide and he took care of me. I liked him a lot, too, he taught me how to be powerful...but it was the biggest mistake of my life. I should of never betrayed his wife and children by allowing him to exploit me the way he did. But I was young and..well not stupid, but I was angry and I wanted to be alone. He allowed me to be alone and to have power over that being alone. I wasn't lonely, I was alone. I lived like a Queen and slept like a whore. I thought it was great."

JANINE: "One of my favorite essays in the book, "WHITE DOLL", talks about your spiritual love for White women, as sisters, but it also discusses how you feel so disappointed by them. I was really impressed with how well you wrote about the historical relationship between Black women and White women, you really broke it down in a way that I don't think I could of. Your writing has this relentless honesty and yet it's very magical and pretty."

KOLA: "Thank you."

JANINE: "I was sad to learn about how White women in the publishing industry have made it so difficult for you to get published. They really don't want you to be heard."

KOLA: "No, they don't. They feel that my work should transcend race, and it bothers White women editors that I don't transcend race, because they want me to be...HAPPY". (Laughs) "I've also had them accuse me to my face of being uppity and arrogant."

JANINE: "In DIARY OF A LOST GIRL...and just let me say that I am nervous for this book to come out, Kola. I mean, honestly, I think it's a masterpiece..it made me cry quite a few times..but it's also incredibly confrontational and controversial...I know average Black folks and I'm not sure how they'll react to this kind of book."

KOLA: "The real Black people will love it...they will "get it", you know. But yes, the ones who are in that gray area between Blackness and delusion, the runaways, they will have a problem with it. Still, this is my soul book. I had to write it and I fought hard to have it published just the way that I wrote it. It's a controversial book, but it's a book that represents me well."

JANINE: "Girl, I'm not even gonna mention how this book ends. I have to tell you...that shocked me, Kola. The ending just left my chin right on the floor. I was speechless."

KOLA: "I wanted to end the book in an African way. Like my bare breasts on the back cover, I wanted to affirm my ancestral mothers. It was fitting the way it ended. And I meant the ****, too."

JANINE: "Who inspired you to be a writer?"

KOLA: "Tons of people. Toni Morrison, Richard Wright, Egypt's Nawal El Saadawi, who is my hero as a woman. She and Alice Walker, who created the term "womanist", are the women who made me create myself in confidence. Sherwood Anderson and Gwendolyn Brooks, James Baldwin and Senegal's Mariama Ba. I loved Gloria Naylor, Audre Lord, I like Pearl Cleage and Nuruddin Farah...Gayl Jones inspired my writing style in fiction, I think. I'm brutal like her writing is and masculine, bitchy."

JANINE: "You're supposed to be making a movie I heard. It's about that Nigerian woman who's set to be stoned to death for having a baby out of wedlock. I heard it stars you with Djimon Hansou and Alfre Woodard?"

KOLA: "Yes, I was supposed to star in it, it's called SINS OF A LIVING WOMAN..Russom Damba was trying to cast those people you mentioned. Unfortunately, because of the "fatwa" (death contract) brought against me..the film's investors cannot insure me, so my role will probably be recast. They haven't fired me yet, but I feel it coming any day now. I'm hoping they still make the movie, though. It's such an incredible story and N'Bushe Wright would be perfect as my replacement..Yolanda Ross would be even better, actually."

JANINE: "SINS OF A LIVING WOMAN..what a perfect title for anything that features Kola Boof, I think."

KOLA: "Well, I am different, yes. I just pray that DIARY OF A LOST GIRL will reach the young Black women that I wrote it for. So many of them have no interest in books nowadays, and modern, know-it-all Black women are always hard to reach, but it is crucial that we begin to reach them. My being African makes it all the harder, because Black American women have so many issues of self-hate and they tend to avoid African women."

JANINE: "Aren't you fearful of how people will react to this book, though? Girl, I would be scared for this book to come out!"

KOLA: (In tears) "I meant everything that I wrote. DIARY OF A LOST GIRL is my soul book. This is Kola Boof. I have so many enemies who are very powerful. So many lies are told on me, so much cynicism is used to degrade and discredit my life. Ofcourse, Black women are used to that treatment. But I must speak my own truth. I must set an example to show that it's alright to speak ones own truth. Black women need to wake up from their delusions."

THE WOMEN TAKE A SHORT BREAK

JANINE: "Kola, I was laughing about you last night...because someone told me that as a teenager, your dream in life was to be a housewife."

KOLA: "Yes, that's true. Really."

JANINE: "But girl you out here shooting people's back tires off their cars and cuss'n fools out left and right, and to see you enter a room is like watching Queen Nefertiti come to life, you're so naturally GRAND--how could you have wanted to be a housewife?"

KOLA: "My mother back in Sudan was a housewife. All the women that I knew as a small child in Omdurman, that's what women were--housewives. It is the thing that I had so much respect for. So that was my dream, yes. The reason that I love to cook so much is because if my African mother was alive...that is the thing that would impress her. Not my books, not my political opinions or my womanist beliefs. She would be impressed and pleased that I can cook very well. I still set the table and use all the right serving bowls, the Ebrig is used. I have honored the clean house that nurtures. To African women, that is extremely important."

JANINE: "Kola, I really want to thank you for this interview. I am so glad that I came to know that you exsist. Everywhere I go, I am hearing Black women talking about this sassy chick from Africa." (They laugh)

KOLA: "I'm so glad that you liked LONG TRAIN TO THE REDEEMING SIN--everyone seems to love that book. Those short stories are very dear to me."

JANINE: "That was really one of the best fiction books I've read in a long time. But I think when DIARY OF A LOST GIRL hits the shelves, you're going to really have your hands full. Now that book is going to become a classic, Kola. It's one of the most unique, most entertaining books I've ever read in my life, and it changed me...it changed how I see myself as a Black woman in this world. I thank you for that."

KOLA: "I'm glad you liked it, thanks. tima usrah."

JANINE: "You be safe, Kola."

[tima usrah] means "through fire comes the family."

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She does speak alot of truth but also many things that cannot be substaniated. While condeming the racism in the Arab world, she neglects racism in Israeli society. She is an advent supporter of Israrel and does not speak up against Israeli racism against the Falasha nor their support of southern Africa during apartheid.

Her father is not even a full Arab but a Kushaf which is basically a Nubian heavily mixed with Ottoman Turkish soliders. She even admits to this in an article.

She also believes people like the Beja looked like southern Sudanese but mixed with Arabs and that explains their apperance.

Unfortunately, she has her own issues with colorism that shows in her writings.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, she's harsh and I don't condone everything she says...but there is much truth as well.

How many examples are there of women in Sudan and Egypt speaking out in public on controversial issues?

For that matter - how many examples in Africa? - in the "Islamic" world?

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have people like Nawal Sadaawi in Egypt. I have not heard much activism come from Sudan but I imagine there are others out there in other parts of Africa making their voice heard. Problem is they probably write in non-English languages.

The problem I have with Kola Boof is wheather she is sincere or out to get fame. She has lived most her life in the Western world and not in Sudan or Egypt. How much of a mirror into this world can she be if most of her experiance is within the west?

She is definately correct about the racism in both Egypt and Sudan against ''black'' Africans but not about remarks she makes about how Egyptians believed African Americans were the lowest of the ''niggers''. Actually, the Egyptian goverment during the civil rights era defended African-Americans and criticized the American goverment for their racist policies. Most common Egyptians are not even aware of the pressence of ''African'' Americans.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use of the word Falasha is racist. That word is a
pejorative the "native" elite population of Ethiopia
invented for the Beta Israel. Falasha can translate as "landless foregner." It's akin to American
English expressions like wetback, etc., and whatever
else is used to irk illegal aliens and recently naturalized
citizens from non-Euro countries.

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
She ... does not speak up against Israeli racism against the Falasha nor their support of southern Africa during apartheid.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She also has an extremely loose definition of "Arab." The term "Light skin" is also used broadly when she speaks, calling the ruling class of Sudan "light skinned" where even the president of Sudan is darker than the usual dark Egyptian we see in the Saeedi regions(not Nubian.)
It is obviously all relative but if speaking in terms of "colorism" one cannot be so general. Since her definitions are so loose, I find it hard to know who she is REALLY speaking about. "well in Arab countries, there are Black men's children chained to the back of houses this way." Which Arab countries? Is Sudan REALLY an Arab country? Is Egypt? Is Libya? Who is cutting out Black women's tongues and leaving them to cook in the kitchen? Some family in Alexandria? Or is that Sudan she is talking about?
She has a lot of justifiable anger but really what she is saying is no different than what GW Bush was saying about Muslims when he was really referring to a few fringe extremists. How many families in Egypt does she really think have slaves from Chad or Southern Sudan, or some other Black African nation. Maybe she doesn't mean Egypt because Egyptians aren't real Arabs. Maybe she means Sudan because she calls them Arabs even though that is false technically speaking. It is all very ambiguous and misleading.

Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ausar:
The problem I have with Kola Boof is wheather she is sincere or out to get fame. She has lived most her life in the Western world and not in Sudan or Egypt. How much of a mirror into this world can she be if most of her experiance is within the west?

True, another thing that makes me suspicious about her is her claim of being the mistress of usama bin ladin,lol, clearly she's after fame. And also i heavilly doubt she is half oromo.

Here on the link below she's suddenly not half oromo but half somali, she can't make up her mind.
http://www.thumperscorner.com/discus/messages/2152/10377.html

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

You have people like Nawal Sadaawi in Egypt. I have not heard much activism come from Sudan but I imagine there are others out there in other parts of Africa making their voice heard. Problem is they probably write in non-English languages.

Indeed, but of course, you won't know from listening to "western" corp-driven mass media. To add to your example, here are just a few more names...

Wangari Maathai, nobel peace prize winning environmentalist and activist.

Winnie Mandela, too has been controversial both during and post-apartheid period, but I don't think I really need to introduce her; if anyone feels I do, perhaps you have to question where you've been all this time. [Big Grin]

Nadia Yassine, of Morocco.

Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, though not exactly an activist in the sense of the aforementioned figures, wasn't exactly popular with the powers that be in Liberia during the '80s. Of course now, she's the president of Liberia.

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

^ Good answer. [Smile]
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the woman's confused about her origins. The Oromo are not "blue-black," though Somalis and Oromos tend to be a bit darker than northern Ethiopians in general. Plus, the only google hits for "Gisi-waaq," the supposed Oromo tribe of Somalia that her mother is a member of, are from sites talking about her.

[url= http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=%22gisi-waaq%22+-kola+-boof&btnG=Search]Google_Search[/url] (first two hits are from her profile at a site she frequents).

Apparently there is a Qebele ("neighborhood," "small district") called "Gisi" in the Yem Woreda/Wereda (district) in SNNPR (Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples' Region) in Ethiopia. The Yem are pretty dark-skinned and have more so-called "stereotypical African features," (maybe more so than other Omotic groups? Their kingdom and people was known as "Janjero," meaning "monkey," by their neighbors, though this isn't necessarily an indication of their features) so maybe that's what she's talking about.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince_of_punt
Member # 9845

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prince_of_punt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no such thing as a Somali Oromo!

Infact I doubt very much she has any family members from the horn.

--------------------
Hello!

Posts: 265 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I am not going to make character assassinations on Kola Boof because she is not here to defend herself. Just being very critical of some of the comments she makes regarding Egypt and Sudan.

alTakruri, I will try to for future reference not used the word Falasha but instead Beta Israel. I knew the word was offensive but out of laziness used it for convinence.

Graf Genn, I believe the racism Kola Boof speaks of towards ''black'' Africans in Egypt and Sudan is not imaginary but a real issue. The issue has been deeply submerged and only arises when a Western Africa or southern Sudanese refugee is treated bad in Cairo. The following could be a mixture of xenophobia and racism and where exactly it comes from culturally in Egypt or Sudan is somewhat puzzling to me. Is it due to Arabic,Western or Ottoman influences? Egypt has its own issues with skin bleaching and colorism.

Her criteria for who she deems as a pure ''black'' African is similar to how a African like a Dinka or from Western or Central Africa classify people. Often these groups will call people that are still dark but lighter than themselves ''red skinned'' or even white in some senerios. To a Dinka many northern Sudanese and most Egyptians would be 'red skinned'' and even ''white'' Kind of confusing to most foreigners that have no sense color perception used.

The problem with Kola's assertion on people like the Beja,Somalis and most Ethiopians is they are not products of mixing with Arabs but tend to have distinct features without the mixing. She plays right into the racist definitions of the ''Hamitic'' Hypothesis formulated by Carl Seligman but know debunked.

Even though many Egyptians and Sudanese are only culturally Arabic, she considers everybody that is not southern Sudanese in the Nile Valley to be Arabs.

Where Kola Boof comes from in Kom Ombo there are people like the Ja'afra and Ababda that claim to be ''pure'' Arabs but probably are just Arabized people. Her father I believe is either a Kushaf or Ja'afra Arab.

I believe she is speaking about atorsities in the Sudan where she grew up. Slavery was common in northern Sudan and occured untill very recently.

Slavery was once a common place amongst elite Egyptians in the late 1800's but I doubt it continues today excluding maltreatment of a Fellaha maid. Most of their slaves were Circassian or Eastern European slaves.

igbogoddess
Member # 12132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for igbogoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yonis
Why is Kola Boof's claim to be Osama bin Laden's mistress suspicious to you?

Posts: 34 | From: Lurkerville | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

^ When would she have met him? Given that
Arabs supposedly treat Black women as slaves....Why would she choose to be the mistress of and Arab?

igbogoddess
Member # 12132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for igbogoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding what is true and what is not, the truth isn't always immediately apparent. The problem that I'm having with what is being said here about her is that the posters are being nit picky with what color, ethnic group, whatever she claims to be. You are not hearing what she is saying.The real issue is that PEOPLE are subjugating other PEOPLE. That is a travesty and is truly evil. The truth has been a major theme in this forum for some time now. As we all here have learned from our studies about ancient Egypt, the truth will,in time,be revealed.
Posts: 34 | From: Lurkerville | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by igbogoddess:
Yonis
Why is Kola Boof's claim to be Osama bin Laden's mistress suspicious to you?

Because she came out whith this story the time he was chased in afghanistan by U.S during the aftermath of 9/11, also she has no pictures of him with her, she has no witnesses, she has nothing except her own words that can verify this, no one really takes her seriously on this claim, except the little sect she has on that forum, and some few journalist who are out after sensational stories to sell, even they just act to believe her because such stories sell.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
igbogoddess
Member # 12132

Rate Member
Rasol,
He is a man with money and power in a country that doesn't respect Black women. He could basically do what he wants to a Black woman. He doesn't regard her as human. From all of the articles I've read, she didn't have a choice. Most slaves don't.

igbogoddess
Member # 12132

Rate Member
Would a slave have pictures?
Prince_of_punt
Member # 9845

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prince_of_punt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She had a choice to be his mistress or not to be his mistress.

Therefore is she naturally a slave?

The woman is a joke!!!

--------------------
Hello!

Posts: 265 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
igbogoddess
Member # 12132

Rate Member
From various interviews that I've heard/read, she claims she did not have a choice. As we all here have learned from our studies about ancient Egypt, the truth will,in time, be revealed. I have been a lurker on here for a few months now. I can tell you as an outsider looking in, that there seems to be mistrust/bias between groups based on slight(IMO)differences. One group doesn't want to be called this or that OR affiliated in anyway with that other group. This seems to be the beginning of problems that we now see in Darfur, Rwanda, etc. We(Africans) can blame other groups of people who don't look/act like we do all we want, but until we can learn to stop being so petty amongst ourselves, we will never be rid of the atrocities of war and genocide.
Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hikuptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats bullshit she is not even from NOrthern Sudan u can tell by her name that she is not even muslim Kola Boof and Gisi-Waaq there is no Oromo people by that name.

Everything she says about Sudan is wrong there is no racial cleansing amongst sudanese people everyone knows that Bilad Al-Sudan means Land of Blacks Nuer Dinka Jenub Nuba Nubians and i dont like the stuff she talks about Islam and what the hell does she mean she Chooses Africa over Islam Africa is not hers and AFrica is not the Ruler of this Earth.

Another Thing what is this Crap about calling Sudan a Northern Arab controled Government what ARab government are u talking about is the government different from the people this lady is just made because while this government is in power her life is not going so good so she blames the Sudanese government trust one group of people love the government of BAshir because everything is going good for them others are having it bad so they dont like the government.

Once and for all there is no Genocide in Sudan it has nothing to do with Arab vs African Yehudi Governement is the Racist country on this earth but no one is saying a word.

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Posts: 526 | From: Aswan Egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
igbogoddess
Member # 12132

Rate Member
Her real name is Naima Bint Harith. Kola Boof is her pseudonym.
igbogoddess
Member # 12132

Rate Member
Hikuptah

To whom does Africa belong?

Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me...

The thread doesn't go anywhere, I think the articles posted by Ausar are much more objective:

"Perception of Races in the Arab World": http://inhouse.lau.edu.lb/bima/papers/Perry.pdf
plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hikuptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allah Subhana Wa Tala thats Who

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Posts: 526 | From: Aswan Egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
igbogoddess
Member # 12132

Rate Member
Hikuptah,

I'm not here to debate religion with you. In time, all truth will be revealed.

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rasul-ullah,

I see no difference between the phenotype od Osama and Kola Boof and they are both far from an 'Arab physical type'. bnLaden did spend time in Sudan before he was kicked out and whatever happened between them (Kola and Osama) it obviously left a bad taste in her mouth (pardon the pun as I was not there) but the relationship was one of unequals regarding societal status and social standing.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:

Everything she says about Sudan is wrong there is no racial cleansing amongst sudanese people

Why do Africans continue to tell lies on behalf of the murdereous Sudanese government?

Is this some misguided concept of muslim solidarity?

Sudan Admits Rights Violations In Darfur, Denies Ethnic Cleansing
Sudanese Foreign Minister Mustafa Osman Ismail on Saturday acknowledged that human rights abuses have taken place in the western Darfuri region, where an estimated 10,000 people have been killed, but denied allegations that "ethnic cleansing" has taken place.Sudan Admits Rights Violations In Darfur, Denies Ethnic Cleansing

Sudanese Foreign Minister Mustafa Osman Ismail on Saturday acknowledged that human rights abuses have taken place in the western Darfur region, where an estimated 10,000 people have been killed, but denied allegations that "ethnic cleansing" has taken place.
"Yes, human rights violations have occurred in Darfur, but one cannot in any way talk of ethnic cleansing or collective extermination," Ismail told journalists as a U.N. team previously barred from Darfur arrived in the area to investigate reports of atrocities committed by government-allied Arab militias against black Africans. "We have nothing to hide, and this mission can go wherever it wants whenever it wants," he said (Agence France-Presse, April 24).
U.N. Undersecretary General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordination Jan Egeland warned earlier this month that credible reports indicated "widespread atrocities and grave violations of human rights" of civilians were taking place in Darfur, and that ethnic cleansing was the only suitable term to describe the situation (U.N. Wire, April 5).
Ismail's comments came one day after the U.N. Commission on Human Rights rejected a strongly worded condemnation of Sudan for the alleged atrocities, instead passing a more mildly worded resolution (U.N. Wire, April 23).
Ismail also made what Associated Press called "a rare admission" about the government's relation to the militias. "The government may have turned a blind eye toward the militias. This is true. Because those militias are targeting the rebellion," he said (AP/Yahoo! News, April 24).
Two Darfur rebel groups, the Sudan Liberation Movement and the Movement for Justice and Equality, blame the government in Khartoum for ignoring the western region's poverty and began fighting the government in February 2003 for power and resource sharing.
Yesterday, the three parties ended the latest round of peace talks in neighboring Chad's capital, N'Djamena, saying they would meet again at an unspecified date "to discuss political, economic and social issues." They have already signed a renewable cease-fire, they noted (AFP/ReliefWeb, April 25).

In a two-part editorial on Sudan today, the Washington Post said the cease-fire in Darfur "has not been honored" and that the government "is attempting to conceal mass graves, collecting bodies from the sites of known atrocities and hiding them elsewhere" so that U.N. investigators will not see evidence of atrocities (Washington Post, April 26).

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yazid904:

rasul-ullah,

I see no difference between the phenotype od Osama and Kola Boof and they are both far from an 'Arab physical type'. bnLaden did spend time in Sudan before he was kicked

Indeed, O.b.l was in Sudan before finding refuge in Afghanistan. It was presumably chasing after him, that a pharmaceutical factory was bombed upon the orders of the Clinton administration. Neither an apology or compensation was made for the "error", upon the administration's admission of the said "error".

quote:
rasol:

Why do Africans continue to tell lies on behalf of the murdereous Sudanese government?

Let's make that "some" Africans; that is what AU troops are presumably there for, to end the atrocities. There is no question about it; there is no excuse for this behavior, conducted with the explicit approval of the Sudanese state!
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rasol,
Although it's been well documented that the minority fake Arab fascist dictators of Sudan are practicing ethnic cleansing, they are fighting against real Arabs like the Rashaida in the east. I think what Hikuptah is trying to say is that Arab is Sudan is a Black African ethnic group...I know some Arab Sudanese, many of them hang out with other Africans in social settings, however it's less frequent to see other Africans who are less Black like North African Berbers...
Arabs exist as far as Northern Cameroon...

I like to compare Northern Sudanese with Baggara or Shuwa Arab...Black but Arab and would kill any fellow Black African for the Arab cause.
But Hikuptah can confirm for himself, I’m just trying to read his mind.
 -
 -

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
I have come to the conclusion that none of u know anything about Africa i dont know were all of u are from but this situation in Darfur is Not Arab Vs Blacks this is the BIGGEST LIE EVER and Africa stop Posting Pictures of People WHO ARE NOT ARABS THOSE TWO AFRICANS ARE NOT ARAB STOP CALLING PEOPLE ARAB WHO ARE NOT ARAB MUSLIM DOES NOT MEAN ARAB IS A CHINESE MUSLIM ARAB NO U CANT PICK AND CHOOSE WHO U WANT TO BE ARAB AND WHO U DONT WANT TO BE ARAB NONE OF U WOULD DARE CALL SAEEDIS ARABS WHEN U KNOW THAT A SAEEDI LOOKS WAY MORE ARAB THAN THESE TWO GUYS SO FOR KNOW LETS JUST LEAVE THIS ISLAMOPHOBIA U ALL HAVE BEHIND US.

One Question

1. Do SAeedi egyptians look more Arab than the two photos above i say Yes and u all know that is True.

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've met more Yemenis who resemble Osama
than I have that resemble Kola, not one
yet. Not that it means much snce I haven't
met everyone from the Yemen.

I do know a "Black American" who could
easily stand in for Osama. He only need
shave off his "dreadlocks" to get the job.

Genetic studies only tell us what genes
a given population has. History tells us
interactive relationships between populations.
Melding mutation ages with historical
accounts gives a best guess interpretation
of when certain genes entered a population
and from what region they likely came from.

I have misgivings about gene flow back and
forth across the Red Sea and believe the
origin and cross fertilization of haplogroups
there is much more uncertain and complex
than what the major studies so far suggest.

In the end I always question who was chosen
for samples and why and what about decliners
and the need for massive sampling, etc.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince_of_punt
Member # 9845

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Hikuptah:
Allah Subhana Wa Tala thats Who

You speak the truth, and by Allah the entire universe is witness to this.

When someone says the truth about Allah, the angels in the furthest heavens bear witness to the truth of your words!!!

Allahu Akbar!!!

Ps Osamas mother is from Syria.

Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Prince of Punt Asalaaam aliykum Rahamatu Allah Wa Barakatu

Ya Habibi to much Islamophobia in here and i see alot of personal hate for Islam & the Arabs in here No one answered my question to what i wrote above AFrica Posted two photos of socalled arabs Baggara & Shuwa Arab men.

1. Do SAeedi egyptians look more Arab than the two photos above i say Yes and u all know that is True.

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Hikuptah, no disrespect but you say the dumbest things I have ever heard. You even claimed one time that southern Egypt still had hippos. If you are not southern Egyptian then please stop commenting on topics relating to modern day southern Egypt. Nothing I hate more than a imposter.

If you go to places like Qena,Edfu,Fayoum and regions in Middle Egypt you will find people who claim bedouin desent quite proudly. Despite what northern Sudanese,Dafurians,or Shuwa Arabs look like they will claim they are Arabs. Most likely because they have distant Arabic ancestry. In the Arab world if your father is an Arab then you are to.

Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Enta Naee Denek Welayeeka u keep bring this Same **** everytime who the hell are u Saeedi investigator and who the hell are u to tell me that i have never seen a Hippo in Aswan and when have u ever been to aswan to check if there were any hippos.

I know there are many saeedi who claim Arab Decent so i dont need u to tell me and u are not no authority ont SAeedi nor are u any SAeedi than me nor any other Southern Egyptian u need to get rid of that Saeedi Ego have trust me it will not be good for your health.

Trust me i have heard u say the Most Stupidest things ever but i never say a damn thing because who am i to talk about your heritage from know on why dont u just keep My saeedi heritage and my Lineage out of your Mouth im sure u would be crying if i told u that u were not Saeedi.

From know on i will not claim to be Saeedi because im hurting Ausar's feelings he wants to be the only Saeedi in Egyptsearch im a good Muslim

[ 19. November 2006, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Horus_Den_1 ]

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Not too many things can hurt my feelings much less make me cry. I just find some of the things you say inconsistent that makes me wonder about you being a Sa3eedi. Nothing personal against you because I don't even know you.
Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Ausar im not trying to hurt your feelings and u are so caught up in your wondering that u are losing yourself stop making it seem as if Everyone wants to be Saeedi everyone doesnt want to be Ausar u are not special than anyone else.

What is this inconsistent u are talking about im not perfect allahu alim i dont know everything about Egyptians/Saeedi nether do u.

Just so u wont wonder just act like im not a Saeedi and stop worrying about Me

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Hikuptah,
It's the second time you misinterpret my posts, once it's OK, twice, then you have some reading problems...where in my post I'm anti Islam, if someone calls himself Arab and Hikuptah behind his computer at UCLA says they are not Arab...it's fine...and I never said they were real Arab...please don't do that again because I will start to wonder how you got in that University ...read my post again and reply...
P.S.:I'm an African and based on your previous posts probably more than yourself. But you don't really sound as an African as Ausar said. Are you Arab?

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I don't know much about Kola Boof other than what I've heard, but here is some more info onto the situation in northern Sudan:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sudan/story/0,14658,1263411,00.html

Where pursuit of fairness highlights colour bar

Jeevan Vasagar in Khartoum
Saturday July 17, 2004

The stereo throbbed with the latest Lebanese ballad and a European football match unfolded silently on the big screen as the waiter set down the drinks: fruit juices and milkshakes. In the dimly lit surroundings of one of Khartoum's hippest bars, young women slid their headscarves down to their shoulders and sat on sofas holding their boyfriends' hands.
They were the modern face of Sudan's capital, but their conversation reflected a traditional anxiety.

"My mother says that if I gave her all the money I spent on hair-straightening products, she'd be a rich woman," one woman said.
Her copper-coloured skin reflected her Arab heritage, but it required a dedicated chemical battering to remove the mark of her African genes from her glossy, jet-black hair.

Her companion smiled and slipped off her headscarf to reveal straight hair cropped close to the scalp.

"My mother can't understand why I cut my hair," she said. "She says, 'You have dark skin, but at least you had that long hair.'"

Across Africa, straightening hair and lightening skin is considered an essential part of good grooming for women. Pharmacists' shelves are stacked with bleaching and defrizzing products, some of which contain levels of damaging chemicals that would be banned in Britain.

But in Sudan it is not just a question of vanity, but politics. The Arab world and sub-Saharan Africa meet in the continent's biggest country, which stretches from the fringes of the Sahara in the north to equatorial marshland and jungle in the south.

Even the country's name contains a reference to colour: Bilad al-Sudan means "the land of the blacks".

Skin tones range from the nut-brown of northerners of Arab descent, to the aubergine-black of the southern Sudanese. The perfect tint for a woman's skin is described as "wine-colour" - not a reference to grape wines, but the golden honey wine fermented in the horn of Africa.

Islam urges its followers to treat all Muslims as equals and in Khartoum's mosques, black believers and Arabs pray together in fraternity. But in wider society, a colour bar is evident.

The men laying tiles, digging foundations or watering lawns are always black: tall, shaven-headed southern Sudanese dressed in sweat-stained vests and baggy cotton slacks.

The dusty children who tap at car windows to beg are invariably black, too.

At one traffic-snarled junction, I saw an impatient driver lean his head out of the window and snap " abid " at a persistent child. The word means slave.

Behind Sudan's dysfunctional race relations is a history of slavery. Khartoum was once a slave trading centre, in which the black southern Sudanese were the human commodities. "We are the grandchildren of those who were being sold like goods," said the Reverend Enock Tombe, at Khartoum's Anglican church, All Saints. "But now we are saying, 'We are your equals.'"

The prejudice takes its ugliest form in Darfur, where predominantly Arab Janjaweed militiamen have used racist epithets while raping black women. The women have spoken of being called zurgha (black) and abid .

In some cases, women have reported that their rapists told them, "We want to make a light baby."

If Sudan is to make peace with itself and heal the divisions which have ravaged it for years, some Sudanese believe it must first address the race question.

Mr Tombe said: "When you come to the crux of the matter, these northern Sudanese are the same colour as the Eritreans and the Ethiopians, but they call themselves Arab.

"Then when they go to Arab countries like Egypt, the Arabs say, 'No, you are African.' So they have an identity crisis.

"We, the Africans, have to assure them that we are one people, 'You don't look like us, but you are our brothers.'"

Posts: 26307 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Even in East Africa many Northern Sudanese would be scorned upon because of their features: they are very mixed: I know a lot of them, they could pass easily for Congolese or West Africans with light skin...the reason why it's easier to differentiate themselves from Southern Sudanese, it's because they're(Southerners) extremely dark...that's it...but Northern Sudanese don't look much different from the average African:
These people are the crop of the crop: the elite: they are all members of the government...in Kenya people would think that they are Kikuyu(Bantu):
 -
 -
 -
 -

Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Afric i never said u were Anti-Islam i said that alot of Islamophobia in Egyptsearch and i said that u posted two pictures of Baggara & Shuwa Africans who claimed to be Arabs but those are not Arabs if they went to any arab country they would only be known as Sudani or African thats what i was talking about not about U Africa or your comments about anything.

Quote Africa;I'm an African and based on your previous posts probably more than yourself. But you don't really sound as an African as Ausar said. Are you Arab?

Wow what is the above all about and which one of my posts dont make me seem so african brother AFrica. What sounds african and how can u tell by Ausars posts he is a AfricanMystic Man. Im going to leave this one alone lets just move on.

Im sorry to let u know Africa but Africa has alot of Arabs and u are going to have to deal with them whether u like it or not as for Egypt its the Arab Republic of Egypt dont u ever Forget that and the Arabs are My Brothers we eat together swim in the same nile together speak the same language and pray to Allah Together all Egyptians get along Arabs & Saeedi's.

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
quote:
P.S.:Stop saying that Northen Sudanese look like other Eastern Africans: it's a lie, Beja do...
Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Africa u dont think Northern Sudanese look like Ethiopians Eritreans Somalians well i have alot of friends who are Sudanese and all of them agree with me that they look like Horn of Africans but i respect your idea but u dont disagree that Beja do look like Horn of Africans atleast we agree on one thing im glad thanks for that AFrica.

Africa im not denying that Northern Sudanese are not Africans i consider them Africans not Arabs but if any of those pictures u posted went to Eritrea or Ethiopia they could pass for Eritreans & Ethiopains easy.

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
 -
 -
 -
 -
Some Amharas or Tigres might look like that, but go to Kenya...any Somali from Kenya would tell you that these guys are Kikuyu(Bantu)...However Beja are closer to Oromo or Somali look...you don't know Africans...even a lot of Ethiopian, Egyptians and Eritreans are no different from Central Africans... the reason is very simple there is much more Nilo Sharan mixing in those areas...anyway it's universal, even among Europeans, Asians and Arabs you see the same features...

Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
I dont disagree with u AFrica but what are u talking about Somali from Kenya Somalians are from Somalia what does kenya have to do with Somali. U are right Egyptians Ethiopians are no different than Central Africans. I agree with everything u are talking about Africa but i just dont see this Arab controled government in Sudan that u see.

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.

ANother interesting post. I wish I was on here a few days ago, but I have had a very hectic week. Anyway.......

Kola Boof is an interesting person. Somehow, I don't doubt her sincerity. I will say that she is a woman who has been emotionally scarred, and hence her "way" of commnication. She doesn't have the tactfulness that she ought to have to explain the situation..........I have resisted buying her new autobiography cause how much of it is reality, and how much of it is her own issues of losing her family, and being abandoned, being raped, etc., know what I mean? Nonetheless, I will eventually buy it, cause she is real, and she will provide a picture of S.W.A.N.A.(Southwest Asia and Northern Africa) according to a Black perpective. I have my guards up, but she is speaking from the heart, and she is at least half-right. Salaam

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
S.W.A.N.A, South West Asia is in Asia like Israel, North Africa is in Africa. Translation:S.W.A.N.A is an empty word.

Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am simply repeating how my mentor from undergrad described what we commonly call the "Middle East". Salaam
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horus_Den_1
Member # 12222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horus_Den_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hikuptah warning

do not use foul language wether it's in english or other lings when adressing members

Posts: 107 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com