EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » 4 djehuty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 4 djehuty
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutemkasret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey djehuty I can't use the search function, but remember when you said that the deshret came from a god that I thought was set..what was that god's name?

What is the Egyptian name for nature?

Posts: 141 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ [Confused] I never said anything of the sort. deshret merely means Red Land which is opposite of Kemet (black Land). Set was later associated with deshret but not always. I know of no Egyptian god by the name deshret.
Posts: 26415 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutemkasret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes you said other people of than egyptians and nubians were associated with another god than horus and I said that Set was associated with the others, but I forgot the name. It might have been sekhmet or something like that that was associated with nature and that is the name I am asking about.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Sorry, but I have no idea as to what you have just said above. [Confused] Set and Heru (Horus) are Egyptian gods. I don't have a clue as to what you are referring to.
Posts: 26415 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
ok thanks does the search functio work on your end?
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^We don't have a search engine anymore.

But to answer what I think you were asking. The Egyptians used black to symbolize their benevolent gods like Ausar (Osiris), while red for malevolent ones like Set. Interestingly enough, this also seem in other East African peoples like the Oromo who call their god (Guuracha) Black, and the Masai to call their good god Lengai black, but their evil one 'red'.

Is this what you mean?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com