EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Semetic influences on African culture and religions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Semetic influences on African culture and religions
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutemkasret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been keeping up with the Nfl playoffs and of course since the Indianapolis Colts have made it far, they have a player who's name interested me. Joseph Addai is the starting running back for the Colts and his name seemed strange to me for an African American. I researches his bio and it turns out his family is from Ghana and the spelling of his name seemed semetic and sure enough it is of Hebrew origin. Now I realize that the Jews were the biggest slave traders in African history, but how much pre "foreign/non African" slave trade influence of semetic culture have on African culture, language and religion.

I realize many African peoples and their mythos have been corrupted by their affinity to hate their native African ties in religion and connect to a more "corporate" and acceptable "semetic" religion. In one case the Hausa in Nigeria always connect themselves to having Arab ancestory to the mythical prophet Muhammed due to Islam, BUT that still does have me wondering about the date the Yoruban temple was made around 700 ad when Islam was descently established. The story of king Odeduwa is said to have him being from north east of west African area(possibly from the Middle east). So, when I see things like the instance with the temple possibly being built by muslim arabs and names like Addai and even Ogunleye(anytime I see a ye/ya in Africa it scares me because it might have a connection to Yahweh/yah/jah) I have to wonder how much influence did Semites even back to the Phonecians have on African culture, language, religion, civilization is there really?

Any thoughts..and before you ask..NO I do not want there to be any influence, but at the same time I am not a believer nor do I deny evidence. If it's the truth it's the truth.

I would like feed back on the influence of Semetic/phonecian culture in African religion, culture, civilization, language or if this is just coincidence or myth.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 141 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dude,

you are confusing. You make me wonder about your angle...............

Remember this: Aduallah, the father of Muhammad, was Black.............according to Al-Jahiz, Islamic philosopher of the ninth century..........

Anyway, I'll let me fellow Egyptologist on here speak to you about these things.....

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutemkasret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uhh yeah you are a believer dude and there was no Muhammed so he couldn't have a father anyway and I could care less about semtic religious scholars who only have one job and that is to keep suckers in believing in their madness. I don't need self hating African/African Americans that want to make Semites "black" to make themselves more comfortable about worshiping non African/black gods. I need people that actually know what they are talking about and aren't in semetic religions which would contradict the whole point of the thread. So yes please let the other "Egyptologists" to speak to me thank you.

I would also like to add to the above thread the "Fon" God "Demballah/Damballah". I can't help, but see the unusual suffix of "allah" at the end of this supposedly African title/name and God. Even Obatala(allah phonetically).

Posts: 141 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obelisk_18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jews biggest slave traders in African history? Excuse me???
Posts: 447 | From: Somewhere son... | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Oh yeah You didn't know that?
PEPI_KHEM
Member # 12897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEPI_KHEM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He got to be joking about Jews being the biggest slave traders.  -

--------------------
Returned from exile

Posts: 77 | From: AMSTERDAM | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jews were certainly involved in the trade of Slavs
as slaves in the Arabic speaking world. They were
also involved in the triangular trade initially. But to
quantify them as the biggest in either slave trade is
just a well known miso-Judaic polemic carried on mainly
by white racists and black american Nation of Islamists
and the white and black sympatizers of both groups and
haters of jews in general.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Profet Mohammed did not exist???
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nuary32
Member # 10191

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nuary32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tutemkasret:
Uhh yeah you are a believer dude and there was no Muhammed God. Even Obatala(allah phonetically).

Of course there is no "mohammad god"...mohammad isn't and wasn't the center of worship in Islam, God is. (Allah)
Posts: 214 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Can you please address the thread!!!

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com