EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: Blonde-Haired African Tribe (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: OT: Blonde-Haired African Tribe
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody have those pics of that whole tribe of Africans that are very dark-skinned, but have blonde hair?
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mean the New Guineans, from the Soloman Isles:
 -
All from/on here:
Here is our very own Myra Wysinger educating on her site, here: Africa's ancient Kngdoms and Empires (index).
[Smile]

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kifaru
Member # 4698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kifaru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that those people are Mauritanians. They appear to be Pacific Islanders.
Posts: 167 | From: usa | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah,

I also heard that they were Pacific Islanders.

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are you guys talking about? [Confused]
[Big Grin]

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obelisk_18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ah, the genetic diversity of african, well, african- LOOKING people. and willing thinker babe how narcissistic to put your pic in the collage [Smile] .
Posts: 447 | From: Somewhere son... | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, yeah, my picture's insertion was a joke! (see the yellow sprinkly things I put in there. In my hair, so it would look blonde.)
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And there are blonde haired indigenous islanders all through the pacific and Australia. This can seen among people in places like the Vanuatu islands. At one time Australian aborigines were widely known for sometimes having blond hair. However, I dont know if that is still the case.

http://users.on.net/~mkfenn/page6.htm

Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darkness
Member # 12385

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
actually i'm from cameroon and in my country there are lot of people(especially friend of mine) whom have blonde hair. In fact In my family I and some other have some kind of reddish brown hair, that is the reason why my friends used to call me "fire hair"... Unfortunetly i have not picture of them to show.
Posts: 16 | From: grenoble | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ephestion
Member # 12836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ephestion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasalu, try washing with vinegar or maybe buying a commercial anti-dandruff.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who gives a damn if there are blond haired Africans/pacific islanders? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speak for yourself Yonis.

It is about human diversity, plain and simple.

Everyone SHOULD care about that.

Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who gives a damn if there are blond haired Africans/pacific islanders?
First of all they may be black but they are not Africans,my fellow African Yonis is right, as a black African I don't care about blonde black because they are not Black Africans. They(pacific islanders) are more related to Europeans genetically like African American compare to Black Africans. Black Africans have no direct relationship with those people, actually Africans are closer genetically to European than closer to Melanesians or other Pacific Islanders or Australians.
P.S.: Keep fantasizing about your blonde masculine American girls.
plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoffeeAddict&Not looking for a cure
Member # 11183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoffeeAddict&Not looking for a cure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Africa:
quote:
First of all they may be black but they are not Africans,my fellow African Yonis is right, as a black African I don't care about blonde black because they are not Black Africans. They(pacific islanders) are more related to Europeans genetically like African American compare to Black Africans. Black Africans have no direct relationship with those people, actually Africans are closer genetically to European than closer to Melanesians or other Pacific Islanders or Australians.

Why so harsh with it?
Posts: 173 | From: In you're coffee pot | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Because as a Black African I can....

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vidadavida
Member # 12945

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vidadavida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

LOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH man that was good and funny and they sure are masculine too LOL!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 271 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ephestion:
Wasalu, try washing with vinegar or maybe buying a commercial anti-dandruff.

Will do [Big Grin] .

quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:

quote:

A little sensitive, aren't we? Are 'arabs' 'black' africans, Mr. "Whats the definition of an arab?"?

The reason I made the image compilation was to debunk an assertion (assumption), made by one of my buddies, that only "white people/ europeans" can have blonde hair. I had thought they were africans though. I agree with Doug, as there is still a lot of ignorance concerning genetic diversity.

And africa, another thing which ties into the reason I may the image is to dispell some myths about white people. "They(pacific islanders) are more related to Europeans genetically like African American compare to Black Africans." This is just it: Europeans are not the only people capable of blonde hair, so what's your point. Eropeans in general are more mixed with africans than asians, so I don't get why you post as if they are an un-mixed opposite of africans. [Confused]

Anansi
Member # 12762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anansi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[QUOTE]They(pacific islanders) are more related to Europeans genetically like African American compare to Black Africans.

I hope that you're not implying that African Americans (as a whole) generally relate more to Europeans genetically than their native African counter parts.. That would be a truly unfounded statement, but if I misunderstood this quote I apologize.
Posts: 66 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
They are more related geneticaly to Europeans...you can't beat science...it's impossible.

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They are more related geneticaly to Europeans...you can't beat science...it's impossible.

How are they more related to Europeans? Culturaly maybe(american culture which is also AA culture) but i doubt there is greater European ancestry in relation to African ancestry.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Yonis, why don't you google and type "African American Genetics", you'll find a lot of scientific articles that prove it, I understand why you're taking that position, I mean you are pretty much in the same situation to a lesser extent.

One_and_Done
Member # 10712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for One_and_Done         Edit/Delete Post 
So now you're trying to hamiticize African Americans.

So I guess African American women are and have had more sex with Rob Roy, Yu Yee, Al Hassan Habib and Chief Thundercloud than with African American men. And lets face it, thats the fantasy of these fools, African American women and other race men.

Sounds like the kind of race fantasy garbage one finds at these white race myth sights in order to
explain away any African American that looks like another African.

So let me get this straight. All of the below happened above an occurence of rarity.

1. All of the non-African men wanted to have sex with African women so they decide to rape all of the African women.

Then

2. The African women are so weak that they can't fight off these rapist.
Their African husbands, fiances, family members, and friends are just going to watch and let it happen.

Then

3. These African women get pregnant by all of these non-African men.

Then

4. They do not abort the pregnancy.

Then

5. They succesfully had the baby.

Then

6. The do not kill the baby.

Then

7. The baby makes it to a reproductive age and spreads all of these non-African ancestry.

Let's just humor the stupidity. 1 or 2 white men in every slave holding household were going around impregnating every African woman they could find.

If this is the case African Americans should really look alike since whites have very little diversity between them and supposedly the African women were of one look (which is another fantasy).

But that's not the case as anybody with a pair of eyes can see and is not ideological. I've seen some Africans (no matter what region) and African Americans that look alike.

When they have African American forums on television it looks like a mini pan-African summit.

Anybody that thinks that a few rare mixed race babies is going to alter Africans and African Americans is just an ideologue who needs that fantasy for their own politcal, cultural, historical or worse personal demons.

African Americans are mixed....................with each other. African Americans are a permutation of different African ethnicities.

The majority of African Americans are so permuted with different African ethnicities they can't even be narrowed down to a specific group.

Which is one of the reasons why I personally feel its a waste of money to pay white folks hundreds of dollars to tell them what they are. Nothing more than a scam.

I also find it funny as to how if there is one African ancester in some non-African ethnic group people do not go on and on about "Admixture" or "Mixed".
But if there is just one non-African in an African's ancestry there is non-stop clammer about "Mixture".

It's pathological at how hostile people are to African diversity in both Africans and African-Americans.

Posts: 76 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
quote:
Done wrote:So now you're trying to hamiticize African Americans.
Just prove that otherwise it' just wind stuff.
But you can't beat science...you can't(...DNA)

Anansi
Member # 12762

quote:

I'm sorry dude, I'm pretty new here but I can say with confidence that you're extremely ignorant, or at least that comment was. You can't even provide a source to give support to your faulty claim, yet you put the burden of proof on others and just tell people to google "African American Genetics".. Well, ok, I did..

"African Americans descend primarily from enslaved Africans brought to the United States, especially the American South, between 1565 and 1807, the majority of whom were brought in the 18th century. About three-quarters of the slaves came from West Africa and the remaining quarter came from the Angola-Congo region. Some estimate that the average African American is 80% African-descended, 40% of African Americans also have some Native American ancestry."

http://www.ancestrybydna.com/welcome/productsandservices/ancestrybydna/experiments/
AncestryByDNA Experiments], ancestrybydna.com. Accessed 1 December 2006.

Joseph Graves, Jr., The Myth of Race: America's Original Science Fiction,
http://www.bioethics.umn.edu/afrgen/html/Themythofrace.html
Center for Bioethics, University of Minnesota. Accessed 1 December 2006.

quote:
you can't beat science...it's impossible.

^^You're right.. And since when did Africans start sticking their noses up at us (rhetorical question)? That's unfortunate but ultimately your ignorance won't affect or rub off on me so I'm good..
Posts: 66 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They(pacific islanders) are more related to Europeans genetically like African American compare to Black Africans.

quote:
I hope that you're not implying that African Americans (as a whole) generally relate more to Europeans genetically than their native African counter parts..
->

* they - pacific islanders.
* are more related to european than african, = true

- this is because pacific islanders descend like all peoples - from early east african migrants to southern asia , europeans are then later descendant from these south asian migrants.

* pacific islander do not get their blonde hair from europeans is also true. likely their blonde hair precedes the existence of europeans, and does not come from europeans in any case.

I'm not sure what he is saying about African Americans.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anansi
Member # 12762

quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
quote:
They(pacific islanders) are more related to Europeans genetically like African American compare to Black Africans.

quote:
I hope that you're not implying that African Americans (as a whole) generally relate more to Europeans genetically than their native African counter parts..
->

* they - pacific islanders.
* are more related to european than african, = true

- this is because pacific islanders descend like all peoples - from early east african migrants to southern asia , europeans are then later descendant from these south asian migrants.

* pacific islander do not get their blonde hair from europeans is also true. likely their blonde hair precedes the existence of europeans, and does not come from europeans in any case.

I'm not sure what he is saying about African Americans.

I wouldn't argue that at all, seems very logical.. In defense of African Americans though he basically says, in other words, that African Americans are "dark skinned, curly head Europeans" living in America. That we are somehow genetically more similar to the Europeans than we are to Africans which I find astonishing, especially reading that on here. I usually get on here to skim and read through the topics, to hopefully learn something, but when you start coming across people babbling (Africa) and saying illogical things (Like African Americans are white) it gets confusing and distracting. I think that I have an idea of who the scholars are on here though so it isn't too distracting, I know who to look out for when I log in now so it's cool..
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yonis, why don't you google and type "African American Genetics",plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

I know you two need to do this whole thing were you squabble over basically nothing for awhile before it's settles down...which is why I normally don't interrupt, and thus let all the air out of the bag. [Wink]

But instead of telling us to 'go google', why not simply reference a genetic study which would show - whatever it is you're trying to say?

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ARROW99
Member # 11614

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARROW99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously African Americans have a good deal of European and Indian blood and gaining more every day. A walk around any high school or college campus in the south will quickly make that evident.
Posts: 904 | From: Texana | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arrow99, we don't care. You talk as if it's a good thing. I'm black and black only That Native American/European crap people keep labeling as is sickening and boring.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ARROW99
Member # 11614

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARROW99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sounds a little racist Ebony, I hope that is not the case. The old racial barriers are breaking down rapidly now. There even black families living in Vidor Texas of all places. In the past it was usually black guys and white girls. You are starting to see the reverse now with white guys and black women. the principal of a major Texas high school is a black woman married to a white lawyer and they seem to not have any social problems.
Posts: 904 | From: Texana | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by ARROW99:
Obviously African Americans have a good deal of European and Indian blood and gaining more every day.

Conversely: Obviously white Americans have a good deal of African and Indian blood and gaining more every day.
ARROW99
Member # 11614

Rate Member
exactly. They probably already have more than you might imagine. When you mix the Mexicans into the equations we are becoming a nation of muts, which is probably a good thing.
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
quote:
But instead of telling us to 'go google', why not simply reference a genetic study which would show - whatever it is you're trying to say?
Well try to figure out what I'm trying to say...ARROW is in the right direction...

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Well try to figure out what I'm trying to say.
You first.
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Possible...again African American are more related to European compare to native African...African in general have no European blood...I mean some African American look European...good luck if you can contradict my statement...

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Possible...again African American are more related to European compare to native African...African in general have no European blood...I mean some African American look European...good luck if you can contradict my statement
I wouldn't try, since the statement isn't coherent, and you have failed to provide the request source for whatever it is you're trying to say.

As a rule one should never 'argue' over muddled claims - simply ask for clarification and sources.

I do like what you said right here:
quote:
You can't argue with genetics
Exactly. And you haven't provided any, so, by your own standard.... your claims are worthless.

Isn't that fair to say?

Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Rasol, you are a funny man:
Estimating African American Admixture Proportions by Use of Population-Specific Alleles

We analyzed the European genetic contribution to 10 populations of African descent in the United States (Maywood, Illinois; Detroit; New York; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; Baltimore; Charleston, South Carolina; New Orleans; and Houston) and in Jamaica, using nine autosomal DNA markers. These markers either are population-specific or show frequency differences >45% between the parental populations and are thus especially informative for admixture. European genetic ancestry ranged from 6.8% (Jamaica) to 22.5% (New Orleans). The unique utility of these markers is reflected in the low variance associated with these admixture estimates (SEM 1.3%-2.7%). We also estimated the male and female European contribution to African Americans, on the basis of informative mtDNA (haplogroups H and L) and Y Alu polymorphic markers. Results indicate a sex-biased gene flow from Europeans, the male contribution being substantially greater than the female contribution. mtDNA haplogroups analysis shows no evidence of a significant maternal Amerindian contribution to any of the 10 populations. We detected significant nonrandom association between two markers located 22 cM apart (FY-null and AT3), most likely due to admixture linkage disequilibrium created in the interbreeding of the two parental populations. The strength of this association and the substantial genetic distance between FY and AT3 emphasize the importance of admixed populations as a useful resource for mapping traits with different prevalence in two parental populations.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
rasol:
As a rule one should never 'argue' over muddled claims - simply ask for clarification and sources.

Exactly. No assumptions.

And ya see guys, he was just saying that [IN GENERAL (I HOPE) of course] africans are less related to europeans than african-americans. Genetically anyway.

The reason we (afro-americans) came up in this thread is beyond me. There is some significance, though in a sImPlE way.

Keep in mind race as in human sub-species doesn't exist. African-americans are mixed.( I know, who-isn't?) However, not a lot have blonde hair, or straight hair. Even those of the lightest shades. So it has nothing to do with shades. These islanders do have blonde hair( on a significant scale). Therefore, race doesn't exist, phenotype (an organism's physical traits) does.

quote:
Originally posted by EA sports:
[b]Arrow99, we don't care. You talk as if it's a good thing. I'm black and black only That Native American/European crap people keep labeling as is sickening and boring.

E.A., I understand where your comming from,believe me [Wink] , but there isn't enough in ARROW99's post to assume that he ment it was good or better that blacks were mixed. So we don't know what it meant, even coming from ARROW99. Looking like an ass is ARROW's job, not yours.

Further, the majority of us do have mixed blood, though not as much as people think.

But who isn't?

So are white americans.

It's definitely NOT a bad thing.

quote:
exactly. They probably already have more than you might imagine. When you mix the Mexicans into the equations we are becoming a nation of muts, which is probably a good thing.

Agreed, for once.

Got a long way to go, but keep this up and your image *may* change.

You may not be so 'stormfront' after all.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How does 6.8% - 22.5% European genetic ancestry
outweigh 93.2% - 77.5% non-Ega? Do you imagine
a range of 6.7% - 21.4% African genetic ancestry
-- leaving 13.5% - 43.9% AA genetic ancestry that
is neither European nor African? Utterly ridiculous.

Beat genetic science? Simple arithmetic whoops your ass.

And what ethny on the continent labels itself "black African"
instead of a national or linguistic identity? Which one? Not a one!

quote:
Because as a Black African I can....

. . . .

... google and type "African American Genetics", you'll find a lot of scientific articles that prove it, ...

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
sounds a little racist Ebony, I hope that is not the case. The old racial barriers are breaking down rapidly now. There even black families living in Vidor Texas of all places. In the past it was usually black guys and white girls. You are starting to see the reverse now with white guys and black women. the principal of a major Texas high school is a black woman married to a white lawyer and they seem to not have any social problems.

There's no doubt that racial barriers are falling as we speak, and things like interracial marriage are becoming more and more commonplace (and have been for a few decades now). That's a good thing, but what people get offended by are these unsupported notions that the majority of African-Americans are genetically more related to Europeans than Africans.
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anansi
Member # 12762

quote:
Originally posted by King_Scorpion:
quote:

That's a good thing, but what people get offended by are these unsupported notions that the majority of African-Americans are genetically more related to Europeans than Africans.
Exactly... No disrespect to Europeans but that is extremely offensive and is simply not backed scientifically.. I've yet to see him or anyone else validate this claim..
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Estimating African American Admixture Proportions by Use of Population-Specific Alleles

We analyzed the European genetic contribution to 10 populations of African descent in the United States (Maywood, Illinois; Detroit; New York; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; Baltimore; Charleston, South Carolina; New Orleans; and Houston) and in Jamaica, using nine autosomal DNA markers. These markers either are population-specific or show frequency differences >45% between the parental populations and are thus especially informative for admixture. European genetic ancestry ranged from 6.8% (Jamaica) to 22.5% (New Orleans). The unique utility of these markers is reflected in the low variance associated with these admixture estimates (SEM 1.3%-2.7%). We also estimated the male and female European contribution to African Americans, on the basis of informative mtDNA (haplogroups H and L) and Y Alu polymorphic markers. Results indicate a sex-biased gene flow from Europeans, the male contribution being substantially greater than the female contribution. mtDNA haplogroups analysis shows no evidence of a significant maternal Amerindian contribution to any of the 10 populations. We detected significant nonrandom association between two markers located 22 cM apart (FY-null and AT3), most likely due to admixture linkage disequilibrium created in the interbreeding of the two parental populations. The strength of this association and the substantial genetic distance between FY and AT3 emphasize the importance of admixed populations as a useful resource for mapping traits with different prevalence in two parental populations.

The above suggests the obvious - that AA are most closely related to Africans genetically, and not to Europeans.

Africa - if this is what you were trying to say then you were correct.

If this is not what you were trying to say - then feel free to further explain. [Smile]

Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

African, I am getting tired of your ignorance. First and foremost, why do you assume that they are related to Europeans? Is it because they have blond hair? Maybe their hair has nothing to do with nothing other than genetics.......Ever thought about that?

Secondly, are you saying that you don't care about any other Black people besides Black Africans?

What is your problem? You are always talking about "mixed this and that", or whatever. You should try being a Pan-Africanist. There are some Pan-Africanist who would include the people in the Pacific......I would. Salaam

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
African American are overall Black African genetically, however there is a lot of Native an European genetical heritage among them making them closer to European genetically than a Black African would be.

Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Africa, African Americans have much more African blood than Native American and European blood. So please tell me how we are much more related to Europeans and not black Africans.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
quote:

How is it racist that I don't claim Native American heritage? (possibly Cherokee) Many of them owned slaves. And anybody who claims the heritage of rapists is sick. So disgusting.
Anansi
Member # 12762

quote:
African American are overall Black African genetically, however

This is what matters, the other stuff is redundant..
Ephestion
Member # 12836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ephestion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The occurance of straight black hair and tight curly hair in North Western Germanic Europeans is rare but it does exist. I find it amazing blonde hair exists in such frequency without it being related to some ancestoral or genetic pool that favoured blonde hair.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:
quote:

How is it racist that I don't claim Native American heritage? (possibly Cherokee) Many of them owned slaves. And anybody who claims the heritage of rapists is sick. So disgusting.
Actually Ebony, the reality is much more convoluted then you think.
Some native American tribes did accept blacks as slaves, however, it was for different reasons then you think. Also, the form was closer to indentured servitude then the Anglo form of savagery. There are many examples of run-away slaves who become slaves to native american tribes only to later become tribal chiefs. Closer to the form of slavery in african.

Also, when you see a American black (Golden American) with a large gap between his two front teeth, odds are he has a significant percentage of Native American blood.

Some of America's (and the world's)leading black activists were mixed, Malcohm X, Louis Farrakhan, Harry Belafonte, who've accomplished more for world blacks in comparison to most 100% africans.
Even an Anglo, John Brown showed more committment by his actions.
Perhaps when Africa and you others have grown past the "claiming" stage, you too will contribute by meaningful actions.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
meninarmer:
Malcohm X, Louis Farrakhan, Harry Belafonte, who've accomplished more for world blacks in comparison to most 100% africans.

How exactly did these people "accomplished more for world blacks in comparison to most 100% africans"?? They might have changed the political atmosphear in america for the better of blacks in that country, but i doubt their activism had any significant impact for other people outside the american borders.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com