EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: The big prize

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: The big prize
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Africa

http://atimes.com/atimes/China/IC13Ad01.html

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The U.S. is unhappy, I'm happy [Wink]
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Young H.O.R.U.S:

Lol, so then am I. [Smile]
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
Is Africa

Always has been always will be. For the Africans, who think that its a matter of feeling happy that the US (or China) is unhappy, you need to wake up. Its about Africa’s ability to use the interest of these two powerhouse countries in order to place herself in a better position to continue to develop and benefit to the point of being self sufficient enough to be able to control its own oil production and exponentially profit from their natural resources so that her people are financially secured and able to have greater power in the world’s politico-economical market.
Posts: 318 | From: PA. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keins:
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
Is Africa

Always has been always will be. For the Africans, who think that its a matter of feeling happy that the US (or China) is unhappy, you need to wake up. Its about Africa’s ability to use the interest of these two powerhouse countries in order to place herself in a better position to continue to develop and benefit to the point of being self sufficient enough to be able to control its own oil production and exponentially profit from their natural resources so that her people are financially secured and able to have greater power in the world’s politico-economical market.
I agree! Actually, I'm worried about the Chinese, because we don't know anything about them, and they are known to isolate themselves from rest of ethnic communities.
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any deal, plan, operation, directive, country, ngo, agency, militia, paramilitary group, company, government or enterprise that is NOT trying to put the MAJORITY of the wealth from Africa's resources into THE HANDS OF AFRICANS is AGAINST Africa's interest. This whole notion of national security interests and east versus west is a charade that HIDES the REAL intent. The REAL ISSUE is that it is in EVERYONE ELSE'S interest to MAKE MOST of the money off of Africa's resources, whether oil, minerals, farmland and any OTHER COMMODITY that can generate large amounts of capital. It is JUST THAT SIMPLE. The ONLY ONES who have a TRUE STAKE and TRUE NATIONAL SECURITY and ECONOMIC INTEREST in Africa is....... AFRICANS! Africans have been RAPED for 400 years by OTHER COUNTRIES seeking to benefit from Africas land, labor and mineral resources, with Africans getting LITTLE or NO BENEFIT. So call a spade a spade and stop trying to pretend that stealing, oppression, murder and genocide are "national security", because they aren't. They are just what they are, which is rape, pillage, theft, murder and destruction in the NAME OF GREED for the benefit of ONE country or group of countries over another in terms of ECONOMIC GAIN. All of these INTERESTS promote one thing which is that FOREIGNERS should gain MORE BENEFIT from African resources THAN AFRICANS. If it isnt BENEFITTING Africa it isn't GOOD for Africa and who CARES what the West or the East want? Why should you care about mega corporations and billionaires getting RICHER while Africans face starvation, disease and murder, BECAUSE of the same RESOURCES that it is in EVERYONE ELSE'S INTEREST to get? NEITHER ONE HAVE DONE JACK DIDDLY SQUAT FOR AFRICA..... EVER. Africans have ONLY ONE DESIRE and only ONE INTEREST, which is to STOP the genocide, rape, pillage, murder and oppression of Africans by FOREIGNERS in their OWN INTERESTS, where the INTERESTS OF AFRICANS are SQUASHED along with the people. To go along with this East versus West nonsense as if it has ANYTHING to do with African getting ANY BENEFIT of their OWN RESOURCES and the WEALTH generated by such resources is to go along with EXCUSES to CONTINUE raping, stealing and oppressing Africans. That is like taking sides between two rapists who are fighting over a person being raped. The ONLY RIGHT SIDE to be on is the side of the person being raped, not debating WHICH RAPIST should be able to claim the booty.

Such BIASED views towards the situation in Africa and the RESOURCES in Africa only generates an environment wher Africans become EXPENDABLE and UNECESSARY because they are IN THE WAY of OTHERS and THEIR INTERESTS. This is FED by AN IDEOLOGY that OVERTLY PROMOTES the idea that ONLY FORIENGERS are supposed to make all the money in Africa. Therefore, Africans are irrelevant and unneeded, meaning they must be..... gotten rid of. THIS is what leads to unending conflict, strife, death and starvation in Africa, as FOREIGN INTERESTS then USE AFRICANS to GET RID OF AFRICANS who are IN THE WAY. ALL the colonial powers in Africa USED AFRICANS in their armies against other Africans. All colonial powers USED AFRICANS to stage massacres and bloodshed in the name of colonial INTERESTS. Therefore, this WHOLE IDEA of FOREIGN INTERESTS being MORE IMPORTANT than the LIFE, LIBERTY, PROSPERITY and HAPPINESS of Africans IS NOTHING NEW, but the ONLY DIFFERENCE now is the PROPAGANDA that supports it. Whereas before colonial INTERESTS in Africa were blatantly racist in nature, NOW they are smothered in a coating of "National Security", which all SOUNDS GOOD, but the RESULT is the same, death and destruction for Africans. The CON GAME is the fact that this ATTITUDE or this CONCEPT of "National Interests" is DIFFERENT from the attitude that led to slavery, the invasion and destruction of the Americas, colonialism in Africa and Asia or the generation of wealth from the global explotation of human labor and resources under the guise of "globalization". They ARE ALL THE SAME and have the SAME CORE VALUES AND PRINCIPLES, which is that ONLY CERTAIN COUNTRIES AND PEOPLES SHOULD BENEFIT off the MAJORITY of the EARTH'S WEALTH AND RESOURCES. They just MAKE IT SEEM DIFFERENT so that they can CON YOU into thinking that it is NOT the same so that you can GO FOR IT.

Posts: 8895 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

If by U.S. you mean the government it all depends. If they are unhappy because other nations are improving, then I only LOL at the government's resentment.
Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another brilliant article from www.atimes.com

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China_Business/IE19Cb03.html

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I think it's good that China is teaching Africa to develop (or rather re-develop) their own economies, but at what price?? We are talking about the same communist government that persecutes its own citizens. Of course China has its own agenda with this alliance.

Another question I have, is exactly what are modern Chinese views of black Africans? Have they adopted the racist sentiments of "backwards" or "savage" Africans from their former European colonial masters, or do they still remember the economic ties they had with African civilization in pre-colonial times??

Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, re-develope.^ And yeah, good question, as to whether or not they retain some of the racial attitudes from European nations.

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:

If by U.S. you mean the government it all depends. If they are unhappy because other nations are improving, then I only LOL at the government's resentment.
Yes Djehuti, why else would it be said?

quote:
Originally posted by Keins:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Arwa:
Is Africa

Always has been always will be. For the Africans, who think that its a matter of feeling happy that the US (or China) is unhappy, you need to wake up.

Nah, rEaLlY?

quote:
Its about Africa’s ability to use the interest of these two powerhouse countries in order to place herself in a better position to continue to develop and benefit to the point of being self sufficient enough to be able to control its own oil production and exponentially profit from their natural resources so that her people are financially secured and able to have greater power in the world’s politico-economical market.
Yes, ofcourse it's about finding a way to make it's contestants compete to put forth the best deal.

quote:
Doug Funny:
[...]That is like taking sides between two rapists who are fighting over a person being raped. The ONLY RIGHT SIDE to be on is the side of the person being raped, not debating WHICH RAPIST should be able to claim the booty.

Such BIASED views towards the situation in Africa and the RESOURCES in Africa only generates an environment wher Africans become EXPENDABLE and UNECESSARY because they are IN THE WAY of OTHERS[...]

Good play on words and analogy.

I worry ofcourse about China aswell, and OFCOURSE China has it's own interests, as Djehuti pointed out.

I was just happy that 'africa' could perhaps attain some of the industrialization that China has. And yeah, I just happened to sense a little bit of a 'reason for un-happiness' politic/financial/economy wise so I became happy.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Willing Thinker {What Box}:

Indeed, re-develope.^ And yeah, good question, as to whether or not they retain some of the racial attitudes from European nations.

The problem is that whenever someone mentions Africa, the first thing that comes to mind is poverty and the image of starving children or feed the children.

Many people are quite ignorant of the fact that Africa was among the most wealthy and most developed continents in the world that was part of the global trade along with Asia before Marco Polo.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Simply because when one says U.S. I think of the whole nation, including citizens as myself.

Let it be known there is a big difference between the U.S. government and its people. [Razz]

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Willing Thinker {What Box}:

Indeed, re-develope.^ And yeah, good question, as to whether or not they retain some of the racial attitudes from European nations

The problem is that whenever someone mentions Africa, the first thing that comes to mind is poverty and the image of starving children or feed the children.

Many people are quite ignorant of the fact that Africa was among the most wealthy and most developed continents in the world that was part of the global trade along with Asia before Marco Polo.

You can say that again. [Roll Eyes] (but no need to [Smile] )

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[b]Simply because when one says U.S. I think of the whole nation, including citizens as myself.

Let it be known there is a big difference between the U.S. government and its people. [Razz] [b]

Hell yeah! It's still a good country though.

Hey Djehuti, I'm sure Jay-Z/Hip-Hoppah knows that!

Though, I am also concious of that "ignorant American" stereotype.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^What nation are you from Willing Thinker, if you don't mind me asking?
Whatbox
Member # 10819

^The Nation of Islam.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, Rythom Nation,

we gotta kick-a$$ army, but if we lost it'd be a slaughter as all we do is dance.

er more like an shake-@S$ army.

[Big Grin]

Actually, this is a home-grown ace-alone.

I know it's relief that I'm don't follo Farrakan.

I'm from America, which has done me good.

I like cheese puffs and I eat popcorn.

All this rhyming reminds me..

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, though the key to African redevelopment starts with an overwhelming dedication from African governments to protecting the rights of Africans to own land, own companies and to claim the mineral rights on the lands they own through laws and institutions designed to uphold and defend these rights. Then they must promote the growth of African owned and operated businesses of all sizes, with an explicit focus on developing African owned financial institutions as an arm of the African state, which would promote the financial interests of black Africans. This is a key component, as all industrialized countries use banks as an extension of the state, for financing the growth and development of the economies within the state. African countries must also recognize the intellectual property of Africans. There have already been many developments in various African industrial sectors that were assisted by the knowledge and expertise of BLACK Africans. However, given the social status of BLACK Africans and the contracts of the companies that OWN any ideas generated by black African employees, such knowledge and ingenuity is not allowed to benefit Africans. Therefore, African governments MUST protect the labor rights of their own people, so that they are not continually exploited as simply CHEAP labor by foreigners. As long as African governments adopt an AFRICA FIRST policy towards African economic development, where the development of African Economic power, industries and intellectual capital ARE THE FIRST PRIORITY, there should be no problems going into the future. However, they must also be careful, they MUST not sign deals that give away the mineral and land rights to foreign countries for long durations. They must focus on joint projects which EXPLICITLY promote the growth and training of African skills in various sectors of the economy: mining, construction, telecommunications, agriculture, textiles and so on. They must limit the amount of foreign ownership within ANY sector of the African economy. They must PROMOTE, FUND and NUTURE the idea of a diversified industrial and economic base, where the PRIORITY is to be as self sufficient as possible in harvesting, processing and selling goods made from local raw materials. They must PROMOTE the development of diverse economic markets, where local companies provide goods and services to support each other, creating supply and demand economic dynamics.
Posts: 8895 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti,

Good questions, let me answer tomorrow

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darfur: Forget genocide, there's oil

http://atimes.com/atimes/China_Business/IE25Cb04.html

By F William Engdahl, is author of the book, A Century of War: Anglo-American Oil Politics, Pluto Press Ltd. His next book, Seeds of Destruction: The Dark Side of Genetic engineering (Global Research Publishing) will be released this June. He may be contacted via his website, www.engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:

Seriously, though the key to African redevelopment starts with an overwhelming dedication from African governments to protecting the rights of Africans to own land, own companies and to claim the mineral rights on the lands they own through laws and institutions designed to uphold and defend these rights. Then they must promote the growth of African owned and operated businesses of all sizes, with an explicit focus on developing African owned financial institutions as an arm of the African state, which would promote the financial interests of black Africans. This is a key component, as all industrialized countries use banks as an extension of the state, for financing the growth and development of the economies within the state. African countries must also recognize the intellectual property of Africans. There have already been many developments in various African industrial sectors that were assisted by the knowledge and expertise of BLACK Africans. However, given the social status of BLACK Africans and the contracts of the companies that OWN any ideas generated by black African employees, such knowledge and ingenuity is not allowed to benefit Africans. Therefore, African governments MUST protect the labor rights of their own people, so that they are not continually exploited as simply CHEAP labor by foreigners. As long as African governments adopt an AFRICA FIRST policy towards African economic development, where the development of African Economic power, industries and intellectual capital ARE THE FIRST PRIORITY, there should be no problems going into the future. However, they must also be careful, they MUST not sign deals that give away the mineral and land rights to foreign countries for long durations. They must focus on joint projects which EXPLICITLY promote the growth and training of African skills in various sectors of the economy: mining, construction, telecommunications, agriculture, textiles and so on. They must limit the amount of foreign ownership within ANY sector of the African economy. They must PROMOTE, FUND and NUTURE the idea of a diversified industrial and economic base, where the PRIORITY is to be as self sufficient as possible in harvesting, processing and selling goods made from local raw materials. They must PROMOTE the development of diverse economic markets, where local companies provide goods and services to support each other, creating supply and demand economic dynamics.

^ The failure of the governments of various African nations to accomplish the above is the primary reason for Africa being a "Hopless continent"! What's sad is that many African cultures like Asians have a long tradition of valueing education, and even if peoples in Africa attain the proper education they need, they won't have the opportunities to apply what they've learned. So they end up having to travel to Western nations to achieve the success and dreams they want. Which is why the U.S. and many European nations have begun to 'import' Africans (like Asians) for expert fields and careers.

[Embarrassed] And again, many of the corrupt government regimes and dictators from these African nations are remnants of the original colonial powers or lackeys. Which is why I say these nations need to wash itself of the colonial dirt and germs that breed their disease! If India and China (to an extent considering its Marxism) can do it, so can Africa!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com