EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Haplogroup B and its itinerary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Haplogroup B and its itinerary
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to identify how the above haplogroup spread out in Africa because it is found among Pygmies without haplogroup A...I know that there are very few articles about that haplogroup...if someone can bring some input, that would be great...
plan2replan Copyright © 2007 Africa

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also found among Ethiopian Jews, Southern Sudanese, and Egyptian Berber.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^The groups that have haplogroups A and B, but little of YAP derived lineages, or any other M168 derived lineages, would have been descendants of groups which diverged relatively earlier from a common ancestral population. The abundance of these earlier lineages, would simply suggest that these groups intermixed with populations that derived from younger lineages.

Groups I and II are essentially restricted to Africans and appear to be the most divergent clades within the tree. They show a patchy distribution, with high frequencies among isolated hunter-gatherer groups and in some peoples of Ethiopia and Sudan.

Such a distribution was interpreted as the survival of some ancient lineages through more recent population events (Underhill et al. 2001)...

However, figure 1 shows that the Ethiopian and Khoisan samples within Group I fall into different haplotypes (haplotypes 1, 2, and 5 in Ethiopians vs. haplotypes 4, 6, and 7 in the Khoisan), in agreement with an ancient divergence from the same ancestral population, as has been suggested by microsatellite data (Scozzari et al. 1999).
- Semino et al., Ethiopians and Khoisan Share the Deepest Clades of the Human Y-Chromosome Phylogeny

--------------------
Truth - a liar penetrating device!

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Rasol and Supercar for your input, however, read again my post:
quote:
I'm trying to identify how the above haplogroup spread out in Africa because it is found among Pygmies without haplogroup A...I know that there are very few articles about that haplogroup...if someone can bring some input, that would be great
Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, what study are you basing your claim on. Secondly, I suggest you carefully re-read what I just posted, to realize its relevance.

Ps:

Within extant African populations, both linguistic (Greenberg 1963) and genetic (Hiernaux 1975; Excoffier et al. 1987; Cavalli-Sforza et al. 1994, pp. 169171) evidence indicates that most sub-Saharan populations are more closely related to each other, whereas **Pygmy**, Khoisan, and eastern African populations are the most differentiated.

Paradoxically, genetic comparisons of Khoisan and Ethiopian populations show both polarity and affinity with respect to one another. This has been shown by the principal-components (PC) analysis of 79 classical protein polymorphisms (Cavalli-Sforza et al. 1993, 1994, p. 191). Although the second PC indicates that the Ethiopian and Khoisan populations are the most divergent, the third PC shows a close relationship. Although intermediary Bantu-speaking populations currently separate these two groups geographically, archeological findings suggest that the Khoisan territory once extended above the equator, to present-day southern Ethiopia and Sudan (Nurse et al. 1985, p. 105).

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Thanks Supercar, what do we know about the genetic makeup of Pygmies (or Batwa)?

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Originally posted by Africa:

Thanks Supercar, what do we know about the genetic makeup of Pygmies (or Batwa)?

It is not provided in the study cited; I was hoping you'd fill me in on the claim made in your inquiry about pygmies.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com