EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: Herodotus, Father of History: Was he African?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: Herodotus, Father of History: Was he African?
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was Herodotus African or white? And why is it necessary to determine his ethnicity, however? Because the honor is great and every great ancient figure has been presented as both African and white. So was he African or white? By “African” I mean those with some combination (so not necessarily all) of wooly hair, a full nose and full mouth. As the accomplishments of whites and Asians worldwide are acknowledged based on appearances alone, so here too the identity of the Father of History be made on appearance alone - African or white. If he is African, this is something every person of African descent in the world should take great pride in as every ancient historian and modern walked in the footsteps he made from Harvard University, and Oxford to every history teacher you and everyone on earth had as a pupil. Even the historians referred to here at Egyptsearch Forum owe their legacy to Herodotus. But, come to your own conclusions.

-

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't help but notice that lately you've been reposting the same topics time and again.

E.g.:

Herodotus Father of History – But Was He African?

Is this topic not asking the same thing? I doubt that replies of the dissidents therein will change, but good luck.

--------------------
Truth - a liar penetrating device!

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ Can the moderator please close this silly thread?
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horus_Den_1
Member # 12222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horus_Den_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marc Washington if you want to bump your old topics go to your profile and click on recent posts there you will see the topics you have created and the ones you participated in!
Posts: 107 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com