EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » If you are a Disporan African - Africa wants you!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you are a Disporan African - Africa wants you!
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are a Diasporan African - Africa wants you!

Read Ghana's "Project Joseph"
@:
http://www.ghanatourism.gov.gh/main/advertdetail.asp?id=1

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is why I love Ghananians. They are the most respectful and kind Africans. They are the only African that I know who omit that they took part of the slave trade and can omit that it was wrong for them and apologize for it. However, I hate when people quote bible scriptures when they see it as a fit for them. I bet this person don't even believe in the bible but chose to quote some scriptures that he feel will validate his plan. Overall, it is a good plan and I wish nothing but success for Ghana in the coming years.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'admit'
Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not just Ghana. Many countries including those who have no descendants in the US want African Americans with money or skills.

The countries between Senegal and Liberia have said they will take any African American from
some specified states in the south east United States.

The Zulus lied to Oprah and told her that she was Zulu when in fact, she is Kpelle (a Mande-speaking group) from Liberia.

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyRedCow:
It's not just Ghana. Many countries including those who have no descendants in the US want African Americans with money or skills.

The countries between Senegal and Liberia have said they will take any African American from

The Zulus lied to Oprah and told her that she was Zulu when in fact, she is Kpelle (a Mande-speaking group) from Liberia.

Zulus never lied to Oprah. Oprah wanted to be Zulu because she likes the people and have a spiritual connection to the people of South Africa. This is to show you how ignorant people are. Also it is the Zulu people who allowed the British to seize land from the original indigeneous people. By the way, Oprah Winfrey wasn't only Kpelle. She also belong to a tribe in Zambia and I think Cameroon. What is so special about South East U.S.A? Senegal and Liberia don't accept blacks from other states?

[ 27. March 2007, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Horus_Den_1 ]

Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
This is why I love Ghananians. They are the most respectful and kind Africans. They are the only African that I know who omit that they took part of the slave trade and can omit that it was wrong for them and apologize for it. However, I hate when people quote bible scriptures when they see it as a fit for them. I bet this person don't even believe in the bible but chose to quote some scriptures that he feel will validate his plan. Overall, it is a good plan and I wish nothing but success for Ghana in the coming years.

Why should other Africans apologise for something they had nothing to do with? I think you should modify that part of your post to "They are the only West-African that I know who omit that they took part of the slave trade and can omit that it was wrong for them and apologize for it.". since it doesn't make sense in it's original form.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Zulus never lied to Oprah. Oprah wanted to be Zulu because she likes the people and have a spiritual connection to the people of South Africa. This is to show you how ignorant people are. they are not indigeneous to South Africa they are invaders. Also it is the Zulu people who allowed the British to seize land from the original indigeneous people. By the way, Oprah Winfrey wasn't only Kpelle. She also belong to a tribe in Zambia and I think Cameroon. What is so special about South East U.S.A? Senegal and Liberia don't accept blacks from other states?
I thought zulus killed alot of boers and british, so how exactly did they allow the british to seize land? [Confused]

And where exactly did they invade from? using that logic that would mean that the whole of south-east, central and southern african regions are also occupied by invaders.

[ 27. March 2007, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Horus_Den_1 ]

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Bettyboo wrote:
This is why I love Ghananians. They are the most respectful and kind Africans... Overall, it is a good plan and I wish nothing but success for Ghana in the coming years.

Ghanaians that I have met, remind me a lot of Japanese-Americans that I have known. They are gracious with a calm sense of respectibility. Now I know there must exist somewhere in Ghana dumb and rude people; it's just that I have never met this type from Ghana...The last Ghanaian I met recently was this beautiful, intelligent young co-ed student from UC berkeley, and we had a long...well, that's another story [Wink]

This plan is merely a continuation of what Ghana started 50 years ago, during the great era of Nkrumah. Ghana became a mecca for African Americans such as Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Louis Armstrong, WEB DuBois (who is buried and enshrined in Ghana) and, of course, a host of non-celebrities as well.
Ghana and the rest of the African world is only now recovering from the 1966 US-led coup that overthrew the progressive government of Kwame Nkrumah...

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kemson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MyRedCow, jeez, where in the hell do you get statements like this from; that the Zulus lied to Oprah?

The Zulus never lied to Oprah about anything from all I know. Oprah announced that her DNA test suggested she had Zulu bloodline which I doubted immediately. She also happen to have released the news during her promotion of the 'O' Magazine in South Africa (hmmm….); Typical American marketing strategy. So far, other DNA results shows that Oprah most likely descends from the Kpelle people of Liberia and this seems more realistic given the historical facts detailing the origin of most Slaves.

In addition, though Dr. Hilma Soodyall, who helped pushed the Oprah-Zulu theory, works in South Africa, she is not Black nor is Zulu. So which Zulu lied to Oprah?

Above all this though, it's all good because Oprah is has done more good than many people at her level. Her recent building of the all girls’ school in South African is no gimmick and with that she's earned my fullest respect.

Still though, please elaborate on these Zulu(s) who lied to Oprah.

Posts: 179 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

A few years ago, another pres. from West Africa, I think it was the president of Benin, apologized for the slave trade.....Salaam
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:
quote:

Why should other Africans apologise for something they had nothing to do with? I think you should modify that part of your post to "They are the only West-African that I know who omit that they took part of the slave trade and can omit that it was wrong for them and apologize for it.". since it doesn't make sense in it's original form.
Nothing I said needs correction. It makes perfect sense in it's original form.
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Yonis, as you well know, there was a slave trade to the west and east. Therefore, the kings of Dahomey(Benin) are just as guilty as the Swahili merchants in regards to slavery. That is the simple truth. Now if you are saying that other African nations(besides West Africa) aren't guilty in regards to what was done to AFRICAN-AMERICANS(and other Western Hemispheric Blacks), only then does your point have validity. On the other hand, I met a lady from Detriot was family goes back to the Zulu of South Africa, and she is African-American. Also, I met a young woman who told me that according to their family history, they have a great-great-great(etc.) somebody who was from Ethiopia. That person came during the slave times........I spoke to the girl's mother, who confirmed what the girl told me. So you never know........Southern and Eastern Africas(to some extent) landed upon these shores as well.......Salaam
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
I believe this president of Benin apologized for there active roles in the slave trade. However, I never witness any African leader or nation apologize other than Ghana.
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
quote:
I believe this president of Benin apologized for there active roles in the slave trade. However, I never witness any African leader or nation apologize other than Ghana.

What are you talking about???? What is the difference? The president of Benin apologized for the slave trade, period. Benin participated in the slave trade, as did Ghana. They(Benin) acknowledged it and asked for forgiveness. Therefore, what are you talking about? Salaam
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
quote:

Bettyboo wrote:
This is why I love Ghananians. They are the most respectful and kind Africans... Overall, it is a good plan and I wish nothing but success for Ghana in the coming years.

Ghanaians that I have met, remind me a lot of Japanese-Americans that I have known. They are gracious with a calm sense of respectibility. Now I know there must exist somewhere in Ghana dumb and rude people; it's just that I have never met this type from Ghana...The last Ghanaian I met recently was this beautiful, intelligent young co-ed student from UC berkeley, and we had a long...well, that's another story [Wink]

This plan is merely a continuation of what Ghana started 50 years ago, during the great era of Nkrumah. Ghana became a mecca for African Americans such as Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Louis Armstrong, WEB DuBois (who is buried and enshrined in Ghana) and, of course, a host of non-celebrities as well.
Ghana and the rest of the African world is only now recovering from the 1966 US-led coup that overthrew the progressive government of Kwame Nkrumah...

Yup, you are right. I never in my life came across a nasty rude unpolite Ghananian. I'm not saying they don't exist I have no doubt that they do. They are very respectful and well mannered people. Sorry, but all the Africans I came across, only Ghananians possess this behavior. I'm not feeling Kwame Nkrumah, though he had great ideas he was a sell out like many pro black men that wears African attire and dashikis.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Israel:
quote:

What are you talking about???? What is the difference? The president of Benin apologized for the slave trade, period. Benin participated in the slave trade, as did Ghana. They(Benin) acknowledged it and asked for forgiveness. Therefore, what are you talking about? Salaam
What the freak are YOU talking about? I already told you I believe it!
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yonis, as you well know, there was a slave trade to the west and east. Therefore, the kings of Dahomey(Benin) are just as guilty as the Swahili merchants in regards to slavery. That is the simple truth. Now if you are saying that other African nations(besides West Africa) aren't guilty in regards to what was done to AFRICAN-AMERICANS(and other Western Hemispheric Blacks), only then does your point have validity. On the other hand, I met a lady from Detriot was family goes back to the Zulu of South Africa, and she is African-American. Also, I met a young woman who told me that according to their family history, they have a great-great-great(etc.) somebody who was from Ethiopia. That person came during the slave times........I spoke to the girl's mother, who confirmed what the girl told me. So you never know........Southern and Eastern Africas(to some extent) landed upon these shores as well.......Salaam
And how did your friends ancestor end up on the other side of Africa where the ships were docked?
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And how did your friends ancestor end up on the other side of Africa where the ships were docked?
Wow. Are you serious Yonis? Do your research dude. A friend of mine who is part Cuban told me that his grandmother's side of the family from, i.e. Afro-Cubans, told him that there ancestor came from Mozambique back in the late 1880's...............Cmon man, don't you know that the East African trade only recently ended in the late 19th century? Do some research. Mos Definitely, most A.A.'s are West African descended, but not ALL of us.....Salaam
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Betty, Let me ask you: did you go to Ghana on the day that they repented for their sin of participation in slavery, or did you read about it? If you read about it, and you read about Benin, then why are you saying, "I believe this president of Benin apologized for there active roles in the slave trade. However........."? Why are you saying "however"? They both acknowledged their part in the sin, period. No one recognition is greater than the other.......Anyway.....salaam.
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Betty, Let me ask you: did you go to Ghana on the day that they repented for their sin of participation in slavery, or did you read about it? If you read about it, and you read about Benin, then why are you saying, "I believe this president of Benin apologized for there active roles in the slave trade. However........."? Why are you saying "however"? They both acknowledged their part in the sin, period. No one recognition is greater than the other.......Anyway.....salaam.
^Vioce of Reason  - <whistle>
Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
israel:
Wow. Are you serious Yonis? Do your research dude. A friend of mine who is part Cuban told me that his grandmother's side of the family from, i.e. Afro-Cubans, told him that there ancestor came from Mozambique back in the late 1880's...............Cmon man, don't you know that the East African trade only recently ended in the late 19th century? Do some research. Mos Definitely, most A.A.'s are West African descended, but not ALL of us......Peace

Ok you are right, i forgot that the portuguese were also in east africa purchasing people. But i never heard of ethiopians taken to America, that's why it sounded a little bit strange to me that your friends great great grand father was taken to america from ethiopia.
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
israel:
Wow. Are you serious Yonis? Do your research dude. A friend of mine who is part Cuban told me that his grandmother's side of the family from, i.e. Afro-Cubans, told him that there ancestor came from Mozambique back in the late 1880's...............Cmon man, don't you know that the East African trade only recently ended in the late 19th century? Do some research. Mos Definitely, most A.A.'s are West African descended, but not ALL of us......Peace

Ok you are right, i forgot that the portuguese were also in east africa purchasing people. But i never heard of ethiopians taken to America, that's why it sounded a little bit strange to me that your friends great great grand father was taken to america from ethiopia.
Lol. I hear you Yonis. When my friend first told me that(about being descended from Ethiopians), I thought/felt that it was quite strange myself. But the family affirms that it is true, so it might be very possible that it did happen. Salaam
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kemson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally feel that Africans should be dealing with situations like this in a more person to person, organization to organization, extended family sorta way. Ghana's preferential, cultural/historical visa treatment for Diaspora Africans is a great example.

Even so, if African nations/leaders can apologize to their own bloodline over the role some of their ancestors played in the devastating event, how came other non-Africans/Religious people or organization of great influential reach can't apologize for their dirty handed roles in the Black GenoCaust (wrongfully called Slave Trade)? [Roll Eyes] The roles of these groups, namely the Jewish initiated and sustained roles, extensive beyond comprehension, are well document, deserves bulls-eye focus and just as they, the Jews exerted and still exert pounding demands on Germany and others Europeans to make some kind of mends to them for the Holocaust, Africans and Africans in the Diaspora need to exert the same demand for apology from Jewish representatives; And may be not as important as sincere apologies, but making demands of continuous reparations to Black people from Jewish richy pools would be icing on the cake [Big Grin] .

Posts: 179 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
ISRAEL what do you want from me? I already told you that I believe it!
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Bettyboo wrote:
...I'm not feeling Kwame Nkrumah, though he had great ideas he was a sell out like many pro black men that wears African attire and dashikis.

This is laughable, unless of course you're talking about some other Kwame Nkrumah. You have obviously not studied the subject; try googling "Nkrumah" and read the information on the first few (or more) links and you'll discover how wrong you were in making such a statement...
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I believe he's reffering to this:

quote:

You mean: You never witnessed any leader or nation apologize other that Benin or Ghana.
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why should other Africans apologise for something they had nothing to do with?

Where did someone say this?

Also mind you, as Israel has pointed out, West-Africans were the majority, but not the TOTAL make-up of african slave-traders.

quote:
Yonis:
I think you should modify that part of your post to "They are the only West-African that I know who omit that they took part of the slave trade and can omit that it was wrong for them and apologize for it.".

THIS I can agree with.

By the way, Betty, the correct spelling is admit, not omit.

Peculiar you would use that word,

omit means to: leave out; to wipe away from record; or to forget about.

admit means to: concede to a truth.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will have more respect for her when she builds
any kind of school right in the 'hood she hails
from, or opens some 'O' bodegas (that employ the
people whom she is a part of -- USA blacks) in
one some or all of the black 'hoods right in the
country she was born and raised in.

Charity, someone said, begins at home.

This is something every ethny understands and
implements except the you - know - whos.

quote:
Originally posted by Kemson:
... it's all good because Oprah is has done more good than many people at her level. Her recent building of the all girls’ school in South African is no gimmick and with that she's earned my fullest respect.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the "you know whos" are?
Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustafino
Member # 12795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustafino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This is why I love Ghananians. They are the most respectful and kind Africans. They are the only African that I know who omit that they took part of the slave trade and can omit that it was wrong for them and apologize for it.

It's admit, not omit which means to hide or avoid something.
quote:

Who says only West Africans were involved in Slave trade? Ethiopia, Mozambique, Madagascar? I have ancestors who were Malagasy slaves brought to Perú.
quote:
In addition, though Dr. Hilma Soodyall, who helped pushed the Oprah-Zulu theory, works in South Africa, she is not Black nor is Zulu. So which Zulu lied to Oprah?

Dr. Sodyall did not support the Oprah Zulu theory.

quote:
Professor Himla Soodyall of South Africa's National Health Laboratory Service said it was likely that Oprah Winfrey would have taken a mitochondrial DNA test.
In other words, she had no clue what test Oprah took to make her claim.

quote:
"The conclusion that she had Zulu ancestry would indicate that Oprah's mitochondrial DNA lineage must have had an identical match to someone in the global database who was identified as a Zulu individual," Prof Soodyall said.
What she is saying is that for Oprah to make that claim there would have had to be an identical match. Not that SHE saw an identical match.

quote:
Prof Soodyall pointed out, however, that genetic lineages did not correspond precisely to cultural or linguistic groups such as the Zulu nation.

"There is not much to distinguish between various linguistic groups, particularly the different language groups spoken in southern Africa, because they have diversified more recently - perhaps within the past 1,000-1,500 years - than genetic differences which have been evolving in our species for about 150,000 years ago," she said.

The historical movement of people around the African continent makes the situation still more complicated.

This could, however, explain how Ms Winfrey's DNA matched with a sample from a Zulu person, even though most African-Americans have ancestors who have been traced to west Africa as a consequence of the slave trade.

According to most historical accounts, the Zulu nation was consolidated only after the departure of slaves from west Africa to the Americas.

In other words, she is saying the Zulu nation probably didn't even exist when Oprah's ancestors left for the Americas. Those that stayed might have intermarried with people who then migrated south. Simply, some Zulus may be related like distant cousins do to migrating and intermarriage, but they are not the root ancestors of her lineage.
Posts: 354 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
quote:
Bettyboo wrote:
...I'm not feeling Kwame Nkrumah, though he had great ideas he was a sell out like many pro black men that wears African attire and dashikis.

This is laughable, unless of course you're talking about some other Kwame Nkrumah. You have obviously not studied the subject; try googling "Nkrumah" and read the information on the first few (or more) links and you'll discover how wrong you were in making such a statement...
The man was a sellout. His spouse was a white Egyptian and he even had half black kids with her.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Technical Anomaly (What Box):
quote:

I believe he's reffering to this:

quote:

You mean: You never witnessed any leader or nation apologize other that Benin or Ghana.

No, I mean I never witness no African nation apologize other than Ghana.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ It's ok.

quote:
BettyBoo:
No, I mean I never witness no African nation

Oh, so you WITNESSED this???!

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

implements except the African-Americans.

I feel you there.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
The man was a sellout. His spouse was a white Egyptian and he even had half black kids with her.

...ah, I see, because he married Gamal Abdul Nassar's relative; a political arrangement to cement ties between Arab ruled north Africa and Black Africa is the basis for you calling the man a sellout; how limited are your criteria [Frown]
neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neokem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"the you know whos"

again someone comes with the haterisms.

I like how you handle the trolls that pop up al

so i'm not gonna verbally smack you for that insult.

I'll just tell you like you tell others ..do your research before you open your mouth

--------------------
http://www.saywordradio.com/
http://www.neo-kem.com/
http://www.libradio.com/

Posts: 66 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Hey man,

different people are from different places,

Mr. ATL

I'm from the Yo. and here we don't support our race.

You know he knows, so you must know he probably meant in general. No need for any threats of smacking (ie: "You lucky I like you" etc.).

It aint good to generalize, tho. We (black americans) have supported our own in some cases.

By the way I love Atlanta. It's where I picked up my favorite book of poems at an African fair.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently you've done the research and can list
the elementary and secondary parochial/private
BA schools funded by the likes of Ms. Winfrey; and
the business/industrial enterprises dominated by
BAs who hire their own and where they, like the
East Asians, Indo-Pakis, Yemini Arabs, etc., have
a customer base in the concentrated BA community
preventing the export of BA capital into non-BA
hands (where it thus finances the aspired goals
of outsiders, while never recirculating within the
internal BA economy which gets no inflow of outsiders'
capital just it's import in the form of aid.

Please correct me where I am wrong. I'm here to
learn and we all teach each other so school me,
please.

PS - I proffered no insult. I used circumlucation
to avoid redundancy and inject a little humour
into a touchy subject. But, if I offended you
and anyone else, please accept my apologies.

quote:
Originally posted by neokem:
"the you know whos"

again someone comes with the haterisms.

I like how you handle the trolls that pop up al

so i'm not gonna verbally smack you for that insult.

I'll just tell you like you tell others ..do your research before you open your mouth

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neokem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey you dont have to use big words to impress me dude.

If you want a list Ms Winfreys contributions just google her.

You want to know about black businesses in America, google it.

There are thousands from beauty salons to grocery stores,to software companies.

The problems in my communtiy are just that..problems in MY community.

And we handling it, snide remarks by outsiders are not appreciated, especially by "black" people who I would think know better. I dont go casting aspersions at the Fulani now do I?

@ Tech:

Wazzup dun! yeah Atl's aight.

It was at little bookstore here called the Shrine of the Black Maddona that came into knowledge of self.

And speak for yourself when you say we dont support our own, I support mine..how bout you?

--------------------

Posts: 66 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
PS

@ AL, if your apology is sincere it's accepted.

I dont wanna get into a back and forth with you, you know too many multi-syllable words

--------------------

Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

implements except the you - know - whos.

quote:
... it's all good because Oprah is has done more good than many people at her level. Her recent building of the all girls’ school in South African is no gimmick and with that she's earned my fullest respect.

I will second that ^^

Let me ad a little to that ... I think by the first school she opened up it was foolish to exclude the boys which in turn will create a greater hate for the females ...

That was a bad move to act as tho those poor boys didn't need help as well.

-------------------------------

Kemson:

She hasn't done nothing really for AA's but she has done a quite of bit for her predominately white audience. The real only thing that she's done for AA's is give them a good movie called 'The Color Purple' ... That's it!

But so that we will know ... She's not responsible for AA's by herself ... She just don't have to run from us.

Peace!~
Peace!~

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
israel:

Lol. I hear you Yonis. When my friend first told me that(about being descended from Ethiopians), I thought/felt that it was quite strange myself. But the family affirms that it is true, so it might be very possible that it did happen. Salaam
Madagascar ... It has been proven that several AA's descendants come from South *EAST* Africa.

Peace!~

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
quote:

Please explain what you mean by "some specified states in the south east United States".

Are you telling me that AA's who migrated from the south which is what CALIFORNIA is, are not eligable by these nation standards? My grandfather and Mother were born in Oklahoma on my fathers side and on my mother side they came from Arkansas which both states are from the South.

Interesting .... Hummmmmmmm!!!

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possessing and implementing standard vocabulary in
your language of everyday usage is not flossin', its
expected as a norm in communication. Maybe for you
it's acting white. If so that's your problem. Impressing
you, instead of dialoging with you, is the very least
of my concerns.

The employment rate, the depressing conditions facing
a disproportionate percentage of the BA community,
the massive export of internal capital, the minimal
to non-existance of externally influxed capital, lack
of a network of black minded independent private/parochial
schools of the highest educational calibre, etc., are
problems facing the BA community and cannot be solved
by pretending there are no such problems.

If my analyses strikes you as snide remarks by an outsider
then your problem is obvious. Get your business fixed and
drop your tribalism. It wills the diaspora nowhere other
than the crabs in a basket mentality that keeps it from
working as smoothly as other diasporan peoples.

The days when "problems of MY community are just that"
are over. More so than ever, this century we live in
a globalized world. Each segment of the diaspora and
the homeland effects every other segment of the diaspora
and the homeland in someway, somehow.

Besides many others, Malcolm X tried to impress the fact
that what happens in Detroit effects Congo and vice versa
(I believe is how he worded it) nearly half a century ago.

But much of the BA community continues to chase white ghosts
(most notably the non-producing consumer and the low end
gangsta) instead of embracing the foresighted plans of
its independent minded nationalist leadership since the
days of David Walker to Martin Delaney to Marcus Garvey,
on to the day of Elijah Muhammad, right up to Chancellor
Williams and Haki Madhubuti.

Why do the youth chase white ghosts instead of heeding
independnt minded nationalist leadership? They are
sent off to schools where true outsiders and a system
with no interest in furthering independent intellectual
black growth in any sphere inculcates them with values
inimical to the struggle.

This leads back to the need for big monied influential
blacks to institute independent private/parochial schools
in the USA (not South Africa). Need I point out the
interrelatedness of primary and secondary education
to the task of eradication of the above listed woes?

Next time you give your patronage to the Shrine of the
Black Madonna may I suggest purchasing copies of Perkins'
Home is a Dirty Street and Madhubuti's From Plan to Planet.
quote:
Originally posted by neokem:
Hey you dont have to use big words to impress me dude.

If you want a list Ms Winfreys contributions just google her.

You want to know about black businesses in America, google it.

There are thousands from beauty salons to grocery stores,to software companies.

The problems in my communtiy are just that..problems in MY community.

And we handling it, snide remarks by outsiders are not appreciated, especially by "black" people who I would think know better. I dont go casting aspersions at the Fulani now do I?

@ Tech:

Wazzup dun! yeah Atl's aight.

It was at little bookstore here called the Shrine of the Black Maddona that came into knowledge of self.

And speak for yourself when you say we dont support our own, I support mine..how bout you?

neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
No doubt BA got issues..but then we ALL (Africans) have issues do we not?

All the problems you've mentioned are by no means ignored by me.

Beleive it or not there are many progressive minded BA's who are doing their best to address all of these issues TODAY, using the blueprints set forth by all those you mentioned.

No tribalism, I'm as Pan-African as they come, nevertheless if somebody insults my tribe i'm gonna defend it.

And their are quite a few African-centric schools across the US, by saying that I am by no means saying they are enough.

But I agree that the "big monied blacks" as you call them could be doing more, but I dont think Oprah should be ridiculed for helping those on the continent( and by the way I am by no means an Oprah fan)

As for your word usage..do you, I just hope you're not one of those cats that use their mastery of the English language to get props.

What is a white ghost?

--------------------

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Mastery of the language is a neccessity of effective
communication on a level that all subcultures of any
nation must understand, period.
quote:

When you speak the languge they understand they will then get the point.

Malcolm X

Listen to The Last Poets' track Two Little Boys, that's where I adapted the term.
quote:

What is a white ghost?

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
No doubt..I'll find the track

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com