EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » 4 myra

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 4 myra
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Hey Myra can you give me the order of what these people are again I lost the last post you told me and are you sure that this blond haired blue eyed figure isn't a Mitanni?

Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is what I posted:

Boston Museum

Glazed tiles of non Egyptians from Medinet Habu. Medinet Habu was the mortuary temple of Ramesses III and is located on the west bank opposite Thebes. They are Kushite, Philistine, Amorite, Syrian and Mitanni.

Kushite

-

Philistine

-

Amorite

-

Syrian

-

Mitanni

-

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Please call me MIDOGBE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vida may have been referring to this thread:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005025;p=1#000000

Posts: 307 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Please call me MIDOGBE:
Vida may have been referring to this thread:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005025;p=1#000000

OH there it is . . . thanks [Wink]
Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nice Vidadavida *sigh*:

-

Hey Myra can you give me the order of what these people are again I lost the last post you told me and are you sure that this blond haired blue eyed figure isn't a Mitanni?

Okay, and how does this help you in your silly argument of whether Egyptians were somehow not black?
Posts: 26349 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neith-Athena
Member # 10040

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neith-Athena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone posted a comment elsewhere on the forum that the Egyptians depicted their neighbors to the South as darker than themselves. Would this have been purely conventional, as in women typically being conveyed lighter than men? Would there not have been a variety of Africans and skin tones in Egypt and to the South?
Posts: 140 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neith-Athena:

Would there not have been a variety of Africans and skin tones in Egypt and to the South?

Yes, there was.

Relevant discussions:

Which of these people are black?

Colour in Egyptians

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neith-Athena
Member # 10040

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neith-Athena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Mystery Solver.
Posts: 140 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^You're welcome.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neith-Athena:

Someone posted a comment elsewhere on the forum that the Egyptians depicted their neighbors to the South as darker than themselves. Would this have been purely conventional, as in women typically being conveyed lighter than men? Would there not have been a variety of Africans and skin tones in Egypt and to the South?

^ It was both.-- A convention that Egyptian artists used darker tones to portray Nhsi, but Egyptian artists at times also portrayed Nhsi in different complexions to show realism.
Posts: 26349 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com