EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » 4 myra » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372
 - posted
 -

Hey Myra can you give me the order of what these people are again I lost the last post you told me and are you sure that this blond haired blue eyed figure isn't a Mitanni?

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
I think this is what I posted:

Boston Museum

Glazed tiles of non Egyptians from Medinet Habu. Medinet Habu was the mortuary temple of Ramesses III and is located on the west bank opposite Thebes. They are Kushite, Philistine, Amorite, Syrian and Mitanni.

Kushite

-

Philistine

-

Amorite

-

Syrian

-

Mitanni

-

Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216
 - posted
Vida may have been referring to this thread:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005025;p=1#000000

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Please call me MIDOGBE:
Vida may have been referring to this thread:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005025;p=1#000000

OH there it is . . . thanks [Wink]

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Nice Vidadavida *sigh*:

-

Hey Myra can you give me the order of what these people are again I lost the last post you told me and are you sure that this blond haired blue eyed figure isn't a Mitanni?

Okay, and how does this help you in your silly argument of whether Egyptians were somehow not black?

Neith-Athena
Member # 10040
 - posted
Someone posted a comment elsewhere on the forum that the Egyptians depicted their neighbors to the South as darker than themselves. Would this have been purely conventional, as in women typically being conveyed lighter than men? Would there not have been a variety of Africans and skin tones in Egypt and to the South?

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Neith-Athena:

Would there not have been a variety of Africans and skin tones in Egypt and to the South?

Yes, there was.

Relevant discussions:

Which of these people are black?

Colour in Egyptians

Neith-Athena
Member # 10040
 - posted
Thanks, Mystery Solver.

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033
 - posted
^You're welcome.

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Neith-Athena:

Someone posted a comment elsewhere on the forum that the Egyptians depicted their neighbors to the South as darker than themselves. Would this have been purely conventional, as in women typically being conveyed lighter than men? Would there not have been a variety of Africans and skin tones in Egypt and to the South?

^ It was both.-- A convention that Egyptian artists used darker tones to portray Nhsi, but Egyptian artists at times also portrayed Nhsi in different complexions to show realism.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com