EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » I am leaving this forum for good (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I am leaving this forum for good
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have gotten the feeling, especially from rasol and Mystery Solver, that I am not wanted here, so I have to say "good bye!"
Posts: 7081 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say your recent bent has removed me
from defending you due to youthful inexperience
but man up and stand up to the fire (even with
bruised feelings) and emerge from the crucible
as dross pured silver. The forum belongs to us
all, including the droves of silent lurkers,
not to any handful of regular posters -- myself
included -- . Someone somewhere values your
input and is getting something positive from it
that we others are not.

You've gone through several tag changes maybe
indicating some evolution of your ever growing
self-image in your real world.

Man, know thyself,

and as much as your current writings irk me,
C u again soon!

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes rasol seems to be irritated on your questions and don't find them genuine, and the reason mystery solver attacked you is because you attacked him first i guess. Anyways don't be such a weak ass, who cares if some members don't like your questions. But if you gotta leave then i guess i can only wish you good luck and take care.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viriato
Member # 13983

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viriato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't know you nor your posts.
You do seem kind of trollish I must confess.

But rasol and Mystery Solver aparentyl don't like anyone where so I doubt anyone feels wanted by them.

So, you should not base your decision on that.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect people are a little too high strung on this forum. There's no need to attack or talk in a derisive manner to fellow posters here. OTOH, if you are a persistent troll with no intention of civil discussion and like baiting its no wonder some people would feel a little fed up.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrann0saurus:

I have gotten the feeling, especially from rasol and Mystery Solver, that I am not wanted here, so I have to say "good bye!"

Gee, poor old Tyrann0saurus, claims he is not wanted by a person whom he decided to gratuitously direct strong profanity at. Try this at a stranger in a bar, and see if you'll be greeted with flowers. LOL. Sure, you're are the "victim" here.

quote:
Originally posted by Miguel Antunes:

But rasol and Mystery Solver aparentyl don't like anyone where so I doubt anyone feels wanted by them.

Because you won't be allowed to get away with spurious claims, but get called on them?...and because you will be personally attacked in return, if that is the route you so choose to take?...or because I said so somewhere, where you can cite me? I don't know you personally, and you don't know me likewise. Yet you talk as if you intimately know me in person, to the extent that you can mysteriously read my mind from your computer screen. Now of course, one is to expect this sort of thing on the internet every now and then, since the net can truly be a freaky place.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viriato
Member # 13983

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viriato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I said aparently. Yes, *aparently* you don't seem to be what I would call "a nice guy".
I have seen you being agressive and petty towards people with no good reason.
Again..aparently.

Take that as you will. Mind you, I am not complaining. You're free to act as you want.
My main point was that one shouldn't expect any "love" from people, either in the internet or not, so shouldn't be concerned about it.
Specially with people who..apparently..rarely display good will.

Why do you care anyway?

Posts: 218 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chill son!

Good post alTakruri

quote:
Originally posted by Yoner:
who cares if some members don't like your questions.

Exactly, and by the way, Yonis, this is what I meant in response to you in that borana thread. I did not mean who cares about the topic!

quote:
[...], you should not base your decision on that.

Exactly^
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:

I said aparently. Yes, *aparently* you don't seem to be what I would call "a nice guy".
I have seen you being agressive and petty towards people with no good reason.
Again..aparently.

I take it that you use "apparently" in correspondence to a half-baked viewpoint or sour grapes that you hold, as though your viewpoint is to be placed on top of some sort of supernatural or high intellectual pedastal. And I know what you have to say about me is *apparently* half-baked, because you hardly know me, *apparently*. At any rate, judging by the way you've gratuitously came at me with that half-baked claim to know what I think, you are *apparently* not what I would call a "nice guy" and an "honest guy". It is a two way street; so now what?

quote:
Miguel Antunes:

Take that as you will.

You likewise, mine.

quote:
Miguel Antunes:

Mind you, I am not complaining. You're free to act as you want.

If you aren't whining as you proclaim, then why did you feel it necessary to make a half-baked claim about my psych?

quote:
Miguel Antunes:

My main point was that one shouldn't expect any "love" from people, either in the internet or not, so shouldn't be concerned about it.
Specially with people who..apparently..rarely display good will.

On that I would agree, as it relates to you.

quote:
Miguel Antunes:

Why do you care anyway?

Well, when someone makes half-baked claims about having supernatural powers of reading my mind from some far off location at their computer desk, that arouses my curiousity about psychic stability of such an individual.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing as how you've done this before, the most I can say to you is stop being so sensitive. That seems to be a character flaw of yours. After a hot shower and a snack or something, someone's snide remarks shouldn't even matter to you anymore. It definitely isn't something to leave (for good) over.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viriato
Member # 13983

Member Rated:
"I take it that you use "apparently" in correspondence to a half-baked viewpoint or sour grapes that you hold, as though your viewpoint is to be placed on top of some sort of supernatural or high intellectual pedastal."

No, apparently to me is:

Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seemingly.

Nothing about intellectual pedestals or supernatural powers, which seems a strange conclusion to reach anyway.

"At any rate, judging by the way you've gratuitously came at me with that half-baked claim to know what I think, you are *apparently* not what I would call a "nice guy" and an "honest guy". It is a two way street; so now what?"

Hum..nothing? If that is your oppinion then so be it.

"If you aren't whining as you proclaim, then why did you feel it necessary to make a half-baked claim about my psych?"

To explain to Tyrano why you not liking him is something one could expect, and therefore shouldn't be considered important, specially for the decision he made.

Cheers.

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:

"I take it that you use "apparently" in correspondence to a half-baked viewpoint or sour grapes that you hold, as though your viewpoint is to be placed on top of some sort of supernatural or high intellectual pedastal."

No, apparently to me is:

Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seemingly.

Nothing about intellectual pedestals or supernatural powers, which seems a strange conclusion to reach anyway.

When you make it seem that it is "obvious" to know what I'm thinking, that is a "strange conclusion" that can only be done by somebody proclaiming to have supernatural power of reading minds of individuals whom they never seen in their life.

quote:
Miguel Antunes:

"At any rate, judging by the way you've gratuitously came at me with that half-baked claim to know what I think, you are *apparently* not what I would call a "nice guy" and an "honest guy". It is a two way street; so now what?"

Hum..nothing? If that is your oppinion then so be it.

You bet; as I said, its a two way street.

quote:
Miguel Antunes:

"If you aren't whining as you proclaim, then why did you feel it necessary to make a half-baked claim about my psych?"

To explain to Tyrano why you not liking him is something one could expect, and therefore shouldn't be considered important, specially for the decision he made.

Well, of course if someone goes around doing what Tyrano did to me, you know the unwarranted personal attack with profanity, then there is a very good chance that he will not be liked by a great deal of the affected people. In fact, I bet he'll be greeted with more fists than flowers.

quote:
Miguel Antunes:

Cheers.

Likewise.
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:
Yes rasol seems to be irritated on your questions and don't find them genuine, and the reason mystery solver attacked you is because you attacked him first i guess. Anyways don't be such a weak ass, who cares if some members don't like your questions. But if you gotta leave then i guess i can only wish you good luck and take care.

Ditto. Just ignore them when you have to. They get annoying quick and you're not the only one who gets tired of their assumptions and nearly automatic insults & trolling for stating a position or asking a question suggesting something even the slightest bit different from theirs.

And with that, I'm done with this thread. Peace, if you're really going to go.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viriato
Member # 13983

Member Rated:
"When you make it seem that it is "obvious" to know what I'm thinking, that is a "strange conclusion""

Really, I didn't intend to make it seem obvious. If so, I would have said "obviously...blablabla". I said apparently. You consider my comment strange? Ok.

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:
Originally posted by Yom:

quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:

Ditto. Just ignore them when you have to.
Likewise I to you, save for if and when you make spurious claims. You'll not be excused on such occasions, whether you so choose to confront it or not. Makes no difference to me.

quote:
Yom:

They get annoying quick and you're not the only one who gets tired of their assumptions and nearly automatic insults & trolling for stating a position or asking a question suggesting something even the slightest bit different from theirs.

You mean like what you're doing as you speak, because not one of the people you are referring to so much as uttered your name. You are not that significant of person here to make that kind of an impression, save for shallow attention-grabbing comical antics that you're supposedly [and unfoundedly] accusing others of. Remember, these clown antics is what led One_and_Done handing it out to you earlier.

quote:
Yom:

They get annoying quick and you're not the only one who gets tired of their assumptions and nearly automatic insults & trolling for stating a position or asking a question suggesting something even the slightest bit different from theirs.

1)Specify the said "assumptions", and elaborate on why you brand them so.

2)Specify the said "automatic insults & trolling" backed with links.

Let's see what you're made of.

quote:

"When you make it seem that it is "obvious" to know what I'm thinking, that is a "strange conclusion""

Really, I didn't intend to make it seem obvious. If so, I would have said "obviously...blablabla". I said apparently. You consider my comment strange? Ok.

My friend, if you cannot tell that "apparently" and "obviously" are synonymous, then my suggestion to you, would be to seek a dictionary.
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the life of God, can everyone getting neated in this thread please cool it and be quiet. Meanwhile a mod should lock this thread seeing it has lost its significance.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What, aren't you a mod yet?
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah X-Ras. Please show some patience. Despite what some people thinks of T-rex. He did contribute to the debates. Myself had suspicion of him ie his intent but him and others like him was/is respectable and did serve a purpose. Just like the new lad Miguel. Looking at past thread. Every so often a Celt, Miguel, Vida(?) etc appear. And the key posters re=hash the same old info. These guys(trolls [Frown] ) keep it interesting. So the experienced posters should not get worked up. Because every couple of months someone new(?) comes along. We will miss TRex

quote:
Originally posted by X-Ras:
For the life of God, can everyone getting neated in this thread please cool it and be quiet. Meanwhile a mod should lock this thread seeing it has lost its significance.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viriato
Member # 13983

Member Rated:
I never posted in this forum before xyyman.
I know you have no reason to believe me, but I assure you, it's the truth.

I am a new poster, though I did read some threads before I started posting.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't matter if I believe you or not. The point I am making is - looking at past threads new posters come and ask the same questions that have been posted 100's of times. People should read past threads before coming up with the same arguement that has been answered already.

quote:

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wanna keep talking that mess, that's fine
But could you walk and talk at the same time?

-Beyonce.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Wanna keep talking that mess, that's fine
But could you walk and talk at the same time?

-Beyonce.

LOL [Big Grin]

Rasol, an old man like you listen to Beyonce? [Big Grin]

I thought you were more into Francophile and higher culture

Tyrann0saurus

Stay with us [Smile]

BTW, look how Marc Washington and Professor Clyde are treaded. It is all about having thick Skin [Wink]

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
T-rex, I have to say I am dissapointed in you. Takruri and Yonis are right-- so what if a couple of posters are annoyed by you or don't like you (the former seems to be the case)! Don't be a punk and just leave, for that is just cowardly. I admit, you have been asking some silly questions which have been answered many times before so I can understand Rasol and Mystery's attitude, but you are not a troll that causes trouble in this forum and I do appreciate your posts and especially your enthusiasm to learn.

So take a break from this forum if you want, but please don't leave "for good" just because of a few negative words from a couple of posters. Get a backbone, dude!

Posts: 26260 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I don't assume Miguel is a troll, I haven't seen enough evidence of that, never seen the guy in another forum, though he apparently comes from dodona [Big Grin] .

Welcome to the forum Miguel. [Smile]

Same thing with you, Tyro, if you're even still reading this.

Supercar/M.S. was apparently insulted by you, and I think rasol is just scared that you have ill-intentions, troll like intentions which I for one do not attribute to you. However I can see how others who have posted tons of information, and taken their time could be a tad bit irritated. I could imagine al-Tukr at times was livid, ready to shoot rockets at all the search engine cos. or better yet whoever was responsable for the backwards nature of the searches in respect to an Egyptsearch query - as was I, and the vast majority of info. I didn't even participate in. I don't find you to be anywhere close to the likes of hore who rasol (correctly IMHO) toyed with and did not take seriously. AMR1 simply got ignored, for the most part.

[Big Grin] About SuperDuperInternetTrooper (the lil bugger [Smile] )

• I like debates, and image them to be likeable to anyone else, unless:

* One didn't know what he was talking about.

* One was treating seriously a proven repeatedly inane poster (troll).
  • I find the debates with Supercar, or really anyone but especially Super to be quite fun, funny, and entertaining and in the entertainment category. They sort of take the place of the comedy involved in the 'debates' between knowledgable regulars and past trolls, of this forum, though not as inane.

* Except when they derail a thread.

Edit:

^but being behind a computer screen, and not a mod, I can't do anything about it but that's just the thing:

Trooper-DEE-Duper's got the right mind-set.

quote:
Trooper:

maybe to YOU[ it's a threat, Tyran]

...^so it's really not that much of a 'shoot', 'hoot', or wooter.

"So just chill, 'til the next episode" - Snoop, not referencing Dr. Dre's next episode, contrary to popular belief.

quote:
Arwa:

old man like you

I've caught some sayings from many on this forum that would likely surprise you.

quote:
"Thoth":

So take a break from this forum if you want, but please don't leave "for good" just because of a few negative words from a couple of posters. Get a backbone, dude!

Yes, posters, who, as a reminder, do not make up this entire forum.
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
One_and_Done
Member # 10712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for One_and_Done         Edit/Delete Post 
Tyrann0saurus wrote:

Take your thick rhino like skin self on then. Take some of that time you're spending here and go debag your hide.

What? You want to see how many idiots attempt to talk you out of it?

I find it amazing that some white guy threatens to leave and here you have every sap and his cousin trying to beg him not to leave.

I guess its that racial hierarchy thing again.

The higher up the group...............

Posts: 76 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
One_and_Done
Member # 10712

Rate Member
Tyrann0saurus wrote:

quote:
Take your thick rhino like skin self on then. Take some of that time you're spending here and go debag your hide.

I find it amazing that some white guy threatens to leave and here you have every sap and his cousin trying to beg him not to leave.

Posts: 76 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
One_and_Done
Member # 10712

Rate Member
Miguel Antunes wrote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aren't you that beaner that posts on those eurocentric race loon sites?

You even use the same name.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by One,_and_(mentally)_Done:
Tyrann0saurus wrote:

First he claims Vida to be the intellectual Shaq of the group, now he states we are begging UP-man to stay on the basis that he's white.

Like that makes him saviour of ES or something. I'm bout ready to bust a gut right now!

This fool. Ask Hore/Arrow/Condeliza Rice if he could be so kind enough to post an "I'm leaving"] thread and watch the responses.

Tyro seems like a nice guy.

There is another member of the forum who got way more begging than this, and it was actual begging to boot. He's afro-diasporan. I suppose you'll conjur up a political reasoning for that too, but it was infact because he was/is a valuable poster, which ain't sayin to the fullest.

Such ignorant assumptions. [Roll Eyes]

People these dayz state their opinions as if fact - totally the opposite of how science works.

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Willing Thinker {What Box}:
I've caught some sayings from many on this forum that would likely surprise you.

Tell me [Smile]

P L E A S E [Smile]

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One_and_Done, this is yur first warning. You insulted another poster by the racial epitet ''beaner'' and this kind of conduct is not allowed. Please refrain or otherwise you will be banned.

Let me also remind you that a person of any ethnic background is allowed to post here. This website is not exclusive to any one particular background. What matters is if a poster contributes to the discussions.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Never heard the word before. Had to check the online dictionary. Learn something NEW evereytime from this site. Even slurs.
^^ to the mod, keeping the standrads up. Don't want to be like those trashy sites. Keeping it clean and mentally stimulating.

With a few "trolls" to keep it entertaining [Big Grin] .

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
One_and_Done, this is yur first warning. You insulted another poster by the racial epitet ''beaner'' and this kind of conduct is not allowed. Please refrain or otherwise you will be banned.

Let me also remind you that a person of any ethnic background is allowed to post here. This website is not exclusive to any one particular background. What matters is if a poster contributes to the discussions.

Eggzactly.^

quote:
Arwa:

Tell me

P L E A S E

Saddly, I didnot bookmark them, or atleast I don't remember doing so as it isn't as importante as the info of the threads. If I come across any I will remember (I tink) your request. (but plEeze don't hold your breath since we're depending on my memory)

@ Djehuti  - :

quote:
Djehuti:

Don't be a punk and just leave, for that is just cowardly. [...] Get a backbone, dude!

Best recotnize, Ty's just being nice, looking too see if supe/rasol would sympathize, I don't know if he heeds our replies.

To the point:

[Whispering]
I can sense it: Ty/ Underpants man has the essence of a true Gothic warrior. [Wink] [Razz]
[end whisper]

and->
A quite ferocious one at that!, friend

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hold it. This boy's been here like two three
years now. Not only here but on TheNileValley
forum too. This is why we've put fire under
his arse, because he already knows the answers
to the stuff he's draggin' over here from white
supremacist forums and the benignly biased but
clueless Ancient Egypt websites/forums.

Basically, it's a let down to those who've been
"teaching" to see a long term "student" relapse
to the level of the unschooled. We just don't
believe it. And more than that we don't like
it. No. Not one bit. No. Not at all.

quote:
quote:

I don't assume Miguel is a troll, I haven't seen enough evidence of that, never seen the guy in another forum, though he apparently comes from dodona [Big Grin] .

Welcome to the forum Miguel. [Smile]

Same thing with you, Tyro, if you're even still reading this.

Supercar/M.S. was apparently insulted by you, and I think rasol is just scared that you have ill-intentions, troll like intentions which I for one do not attribute to you. However I can see how others who have posted tons of information, and taken their time could be a tad bit irritated. I could imagine al-Tukr at times was livid, ready to shoot rockets at all the search engine cos. or better yet whoever was responsable for the backwards nature of the searches in respect to an Egyptsearch query - as was I, and the vast majority of info. I didn't even participate in. I don't find you to be anywhere close to the likes of hore who rasol (correctly IMHO) toyed with and did not take seriously. AMR1 simply got ignored, for the most part.

[Big Grin] About SuperDuperInternetTrooper (the lil bugger [Smile] )

• I like debates, and image them to be likeable to anyone else, unless:

* One didn't know what he was talking about.

* One was treating seriously a proven repeatedly inane poster (troll).
  • I find the debates with Supercar, or really anyone but especially Super to be quite fun, funny, and entertaining and in the entertainment category. They sort of take the place of the comedy involved in the 'debates' between knowledgable regulars and past trolls, of this forum, though not as inane.

* Except when they derail a thread.

Edit:

^but being behind a computer screen, and not a mod, I can't do anything about it but that's just the thing:

Trooper-DEE-Duper's got the right mind-set.

quote:
Trooper:

maybe to YOU[ it's a threat, Tyran]

...^so it's really not that much of a 'shoot', 'hoot', or wooter.

"So just chill, 'til the next episode" - Snoop, not referencing Dr. Dre's next episode, contrary to popular belief.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Yeah X-Ras. Please show some patience. Despite what some people thinks of T-rex. He did contribute to the debates. Myself had suspicion of him ie his intent but him and others like him was/is respectable and did serve a purpose. Just like the new lad Miguel. Looking at past thread. Every so often a Celt, Miguel, Vida(?) etc appear. And the key posters re=hash the same old info. These guys(trolls [Frown] ) keep it interesting. So the experienced posters should not get worked up. Because every couple of months someone new(?) comes along. We will miss TRex

quote:

I have no problem T-Rex, he isn't offending anyone or trolling this place. What I was referring to was the constant verbal diarreha in this thread with people taking shots at one another. If T-Rex wants to leave it fine but it doesn't call for all the bickering in this thread.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
This is a bad sign.

The job of moderator is too important
to just hand it over to whoever will
take it.

If people wanna run off at the mouth
and they aren't hurting anybody or
cussin then the mod needs to leave
'em the fuh alone and let 'em vent
less the pot explode.

Forums are for personal expression.
Better they vent here than mess up
a thread with serious and valuable
content.

quote:
I was referring to was the constant verbal diarreha in this thread with people taking shots at one another.

If T-Rex wants to leave it fine but it doesn't call for all the bickering in this thread.

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
This is a bad sign.

The job of moderator is too important
to just hand it over to whoever will
take it.

If people wanna run off at the mouth
and they aren't hurting anybody or
cussin then the mod needs to leave
'em the fuh alone and let 'em vent
less the pot explode.

Forums are for personal expression.
Better they vent here than mess up
a thread with serious and valuable
content.

quote:
I was referring to was the constant verbal diarreha in this thread with people taking shots at one another.

If T-Rex wants to leave it fine but it doesn't call for all the bickering in this thread.

This isn't a bad sign. People can have heated exchanges within a debate or discussion, but when it gets to talking about penis sucking, calling people fags and all out insults without being on topic its wrong. No one is going to perfectly sportsman-like, but there are limits.
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:

[Big Grin] About SuperDuperInternetTrooper (the lil bugger [Smile]

Don't want to jump the gun here, and so I'll just ask: what do you mean by 'lil bugger'?
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFRICA I         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This isn't a bad sign. People can have heated exchanges within a debate or discussion, but when it gets to talking about penis sucking(Yonis), calling people fags(alTakruri)...

Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
quote:
Don't want to jump the gun here, and so I'll just ask: what do you mean by 'lil bugger'?
Scared?
Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you guys think 'Africa1' is an big instigator, you should've grew up with some of the kids I knew/know.

lol

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Solver:
quote:

[Big Grin] About SuperDuperInternetTrooper (the lil bugger [Smile]

Lil bugger, tyke, "kiddo", seem to be a few names you 'youngins' use now-days to identify yoruselves.

quote:
alTakruri:

you kids

quote:
Mystery Solver:

for the 'kiddo' who

^^Lil bugger.

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Hold it. This boy's been here like two three
years now. Not only here but on TheNileValley
forum too. This is why we've put fire under
his arse, because he already knows the answers
to the stuff he's draggin' over here from white
supremacist forums and the benignly biased but
clueless Ancient Egypt websites/forums.

Basically, it's a let down to those who've been
"teaching" to see a long term "student" relapse
to the level of the unschooled. We just don't
believe it. And more than that we don't like
it. No. Not one bit. No. Not at all.

I understand that^

quote:
What Box:

However I can see how others who have posted tons of information, and taken their time could be a tad irritated

I didnot really mean a tad, to clear things up

Me and a friend use the word tad (-> a little) sarcastically, but usually in obvious situations for comedic value. This was not an obvious situation, nor was it ma fren. Ma bad.

rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I gave you things you couldn't even pronounce!
But now I can't give you nothing but advice.
Cause you're still young, yeah, you're young.
And you're gonna find somebody like me one of these days . . .
Until then, you know what you gotta do?
You gotta get on outta here with that alley-cat-coat-wearing,
hush puppy-shoe-wearing crumbcake I saw you with.
Cause you dismissed!

That's right, Silly rabbit, tricks are made for kids, don't you know
that. You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This is my
world. You're just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
Now get on outta here. Scat!
- OJ Jones [Big Grin]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:
Originally posted by Willing lil bugger:

If you guys think 'Africa1' is an big instigator, you should've grew up with some of the kids I knew/know.

lol

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Solver:

quote:

About SuperDuperInternetTrooper (the lil bugger

Lil bugger, tyke, "kiddo", seem to be a few names you 'youngins' use now-days to identify yoruselves.
Then it's settled; I return the favor and refer to you as 'lil bugger' from now on. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by AFRICA I:

quote:
Scared?
The nutty boy again; you must not have come across my offer earlier. It is still open, if you can cover the expenses!
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
quote:
The nutty boy again
I like that, keep up the good job, you are a master in it...
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Int'net Wawiah:
quote:
Originally posted by Willing lil bugger:

lol

quote:
Originally posted by Trooper:

quote:

About SuperDuperInternetTrooper (the lil bugger

Then it's settled; I return the favor and refer to you as 'lil bugger' from now on. [Smile]

Aight then lil bugger [Smile]

-

Also, I was always curious, did you choose the moniker 'Supercar' because of your affinity for them/ability in auto mechanics?

Or [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mf6WcjEl5kdo you listen to Supercar?[/url] Supercar?

I ask because I saw that (the first one) typing your name in on youtube.

quote:
quote:
The nutty boy again
I like that, keep up the good job, you are a master in it
Uh that didn't sound right! You guys do both live in Europe, but uh nevermind.

quote:
Mystery Solber:

offer

And now that I think about it, that [all expense paid fight offer] sounds awesome.

Release stress

Let the adrenaline go

Get da doe!

And den go home!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ Perhaps T-rex leaving is having an effect on some members here after all, apparently including Mystery Sovler/Supercar. Is it guilt?
Posts: 26260 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^

quote:
Originally posted by Thoth:
^ Perhaps T-rex leaving is having an effect on some members here after all, apparently including Mystery Sovler/Supercar.

Who are "some members" and jus why do you tink that?

quote:
Is it guilt?
Awwe, that would be precious wouldn't it?

If by guilt you mean regret for a depletion of ES's warria forces then the answer my Sir for me is yes.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I confess.

Before I composed a helpful reply to Tyro I originally wrote

Let the doorknob hit ya where the dog shoulda bit ya

but a twinge of guilt rushed over me like a mighty river ...

Now, after reading what you wrote him the
poor guy probably went and did the harikari.
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ Perhaps T-rex leaving is having an effect on some members here after all, apparently including Mystery Sovler/Supercar. Is it guilt?

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:
Willing lil bugger:

Aight then lil bugger

You bet, willing lil bugger.

quote:
Willing lil bugger:

quote:

I like that, keep up the good job, you are a master in it

Uh that didn't sound right! You guys do both live in Europe, but uh nevermind.
Lot of crack research going on around this site. Well, nevermind.

quote:
willing solber:

quote:
Mystery Solber:

offer

And now that I think about it, that [all expense paid fight offer] sounds awesome.

Release stress

Let the adrenaline go

Get da doe!

And den go home!

An offer is an offer; take it or leave it. [Smile]
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Who are "some members" and jus why do you tink that?

Why the members of this forum who, all of a sudden, started catching attitudes and argued. It seemed all of this nonsense started right after T-rex said his good-byes. Whether T-rex's farewell had to do with such behavior or it was merely such latent feelings or what not just happened to spill into this thread, I don't know.
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

Why are you being such a cry baby? Is that cry baby T-rex, having an effect on you. I mean, if you can establish why T-rex gratuitous profanity at me, something which usually gets only *select* people [usually the retaliator] banned, shouldn't be addressed and is cause for my guilt, perhaps then we can begin to address your seemingly incoherent question.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com