EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Igbo pyramids? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Igbo pyramids?
Nefar
Member # 13890

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone seen these?
 -

-

info I have so far.

there are no exact date on it.
this is in southern nigeria.
". The Igbo claim to be one of the lost tribes of the Jews and their great ancestor was a spiritual advisor to a Pharaoh"

Posts: 229 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obelisk_18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i seen them, pretty amazing huh? I guess brothas were building pyramids all over the place huh? [Smile] .
Posts: 447 | From: Somewhere son... | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefar
Member # 13890

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you have any information about them?

like the date?

Posts: 229 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nsude village shrine, Enugu State of Nigeria

In this area there are 10 circular stepped pyramids. Does anyone know how old they are?

-

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord of the Nile
Member # 10305

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord of the Nile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information Nefar. This is a part of my heritage that I knew absolutely nothing about.

The Lord

Posts: 83 | From: Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obelisk_18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, if they're earlier than lets say, 900 AD, this represents the earliest Igbo civilization! And why they havent been carbon-dated yet is beeeeeeeyooooooooooond me, west african archaelogists need to step their game up!
Posts: 447 | From: Somewhere son... | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Not all structures can be carbon- dated that easily. You need to find a carbonized grain or piece of wood, charcoal, etc. so that you can date it.

Other sites that have stratified layers may be more easily dated due to the presence of a ground layer contemporary with the lowest layers of settlement. With structures it's a bit harder, but with some luck, a terminus post quem could be attained, given that the soil hasn't been disturbed by tilling or otherwise.

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kemson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are very familar and warming images as I've collected many of them in the past into my archive!

--------------------
The one who built them!

Posts: 179 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yom is correct about carbon-dating, but Obelisk is also right about archaeology being poor in West Africa. The causes or such poor academic interests are the usual-- misconceptions of West Africans having no ancient complex cultures.
Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Yom is correct about carbon-dating, but Obelisk is also right about archaeology being poor in West Africa. The causes or such poor academic interests are the usual-- misconceptions of West Africans having no ancient complex cultures.

thanks for backing me up djehuti [Wink] anyways, im surprised these pyramids havent been published more widely, and wouldnt ya say djehuti that these pyramids are as impressive as the saqqara step pyramid?
One_and_Done
Member # 10712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for One_and_Done         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obelisk_18 wrote:

quote:
west african archaelogists need to step their game up!
On what basis do you say this? You haven't seen it on television? Whites don't write about it? Is this what you're basing this on?

Nigerians have their own auto industry and space program. I'm pretty certain that they have historians and scientists.

How about you doing some research and finding out what Nigerian archaeologists are doing instead assuming something because the white boy hasn't told you about it. Find their journals, contact them or whatever else you have to do to find out. Do this instead sitting around making blind ignorant assumptions.

Posts: 76 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
One_and_Done
Member # 10712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for One_and_Done         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti:

quote:
but Obelisk is also right about archaeology being poor in West Africa.
Why don't you surprise everyone for once and actually back this up with facts. Go ahead defy the current notion that most people have observed about your "Opinion, I have no facts" self; that you really don't know anything of which you talk about.
Posts: 76 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefar
Member # 13890

Rate Member
could the igbo be a lost tribe of the Jews?
Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by One_and_Done:
Obelisk_18 wrote:

quote:
On what basis do you say this? You haven't seen it on television? Whites don't write about it? Is this what you're basing this on?

Nigerians have their own auto industry and space program. I'm pretty certain that they have historians and scientists.

How about you doing some research and finding out what Nigerian archaeologists are doing instead assuming something because the white boy hasn't told you about it. Find their journals, contact them or whatever else you have to do to find out. Do this instead sitting around making blind ignorant assumptions.

me do archaeology? thanks for da invite babe, but thats not my calling in life [Wink] and blind ignorant assumptions? like when white scientists attributed great zimbabwe to phoenicians, Axum to south arabians, and egypt to sumerians? And as far as Nigerian archaeologists, they're pretty far and in-between, and the government aint taking a rat sh*t of an effort to preserve its ancient monuments [Mad] So maybe I should have said BLACK archaeologists need to step their game up and start researching their own history?
Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nefar:

i HIGHLY doubt it, unless genetic evidence is presented [Smile] .
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kemson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Obelisk_18:
quote:
Originally posted by Nefar:

i HIGHLY doubt it, unless genetic evidence is presented [Smile] .
The Igbo people are not Jews and never were and never will be. The Igbo tribe is an Ancient Hebraic group. Jewish people interested in the Igbo have Rabbis who are trying to convert some unsuspecting Igbo people into Jews and following Judaism meaning those Igbo people will have to change their indigenous view of "Chukwu" (God in Igbo), adapt Jewish "Hashem" or "Elohim" or whatever and learn to speak Yiddish (Jewish European language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-cBOjP1kow.

Unfortunately for many of these Jewish missionaries lacking any respect for other people, any genetic testing done on any Black African group which is based on the fraudulent CHM theory, placing a mythical character Aaron (so-called brother to the mythical Moses) at the helm of Jewish ancestry (effectively placing the Igbo people under a non-existent European White ancestry), is headed for the garbage collection.

Igbo language, customs/culture/heritage/traditional view of their origin has certified them as an ancient tribe settling in the current area of what is now known as Nigeria thousands of years ago coming from either Ancient Kemet, Meroe or a combination of both and/or offspring of these Ancient peoples fusing/absorbing locals indigenous people they might have met upon their arrival in their present day location. The Igbo language, naming rites, city names, chief traditions, spiritual beliefs, are all strikingly in line with what we know about Ancient Kemet and Meroe. They do not need some European DNA fraud (CHM) to relabel them. This Igbo history stands on its own in the same family as many other Black African groups and has nothing to do with Judaism or Jews. Igbo people are simply Igbo; and should never be referred to as Jews or Jewish people. If anything Jews should be learning from the Igbo tribe on how to be more people friendly. Realistically, any process involving Rabbis trying to convert some Igbo people into Judaism is not moving at any alarming rate and I don't expect it to. In fact, as the Igbo elders and youth (10-30) pick up this knowledge/relabeling threat, I expect Rabbinic movements among the Igbo people to die off fairly quickly.

Igbo people certainly seem to be a branch of the original Pharaoh Ikhnaton (a.k.a Akhenaten ) monotheism followers. Pharaoh Ikhnaton introduced monotheism and after his death his original followers continued that tradition, these followers are not Jews and should never be termed such (to do so is criminal plagiarism). They were and still are Black Africans I call true Ancient Hebrews not to be confused with Jew/Europeans.

Posts: 179 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
Images of Pharaoh Ikhnaton (a.k.a Akhenaten ) below.
Does this look like a White Jewish European to you?

I mean HUGE lips!!!

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
If I was to choose anyone to play Pharaoh Ikhnaton (a.k.a Akhenaten ) in a movie it would be this man, T.C. Carson:

-
T.C. Carson is on the left

-

-

The slant of the eyes, protruded jaw with big lips finished with makeup and costume and you'll have perfect character accurately looking like the Pharaoh himself. [Big Grin]

One_and_Done
Member # 10712

Rate Member
Obelisk_18 wrote:

quote:
And as far as Nigerian archaeologists, they're pretty far and in-between, and the government aint taking a rat sh*t of an effort to preserve its ancient monuments
1. Define "far and in-between"
2. How does it differ from any other country?
3. How do you know what their government cares about?

Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Kemson:
If I was to choose anyone to play Pharaoh Ikhnaton (a.k.a Akhenaten ) in a movie it would be this man, T.C. Carson:

-
T.C. Carson is on the left

-

-

The slant of the eyes, protruded jaw with big lips finished with makeup and costume and you'll have perfect character accurately looking like the Pharaoh himself. [Big Grin]

Well the Igbos arent descended from egyptians either [Big Grin] And yes, Akhenaten was a brotha [Big Grin]
Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
quote:
Obelisk_18 wrote:

quote:
And as far as Nigerian archaeologists, they're pretty far and in-between, and the government aint taking a rat sh*t of an effort to preserve its ancient monuments

1. Um, rare, not-often, you aint familiar with American slang?
2. Um, the government is very corrupt, in fact so corrupt that it doesnt know how to spend its petro dollars [Big Grin]
3. Um, by reading Intl News, ya should try it sometimes [Wink]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Ignore Kemson's nonsense. This topic is about the Igbo pyramids, not Akhenaton or which actor should play him.

quote:

thanks for backing me up djehuti [Wink] anyways, im surprised these pyramids havent been published more widely,..

What is so surprising about this fact? Do you need to ask why such findings are not published? [Embarrassed]

quote:
...and wouldnt ya say djehuti that these pyramids are as impressive as the saqqara step pyramid?
To be honest,... not really! I'm sorry, but maybe if these pyramids were in better condition then maybe, just maybe it would be the case.

As for my claim on West African archaeology being poor, I meant that compared to other areas of archaeology especially in the Nile Valley part of Africa, specifically Egypt. Of course I do not doubt the Nigerian government has their own archaeological program, but let's face it, it seems like no one else but Nigeria seems interested in archaology in the area due to the simple fact that many people still hold the misconception that Nigerians or any West Africans have created any materials to excavate.

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
--nuff said--
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technically, these aren't pyramids.
because a pyramid has four sides.
These edifices are an original Igbo
creation and deserve to be called
exactly what the Igbo named them.

Does anybody know what that name
is, besides the generic arunsi?

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Obelisk_18 :
Well the Igbos arent descended from egyptians either [Big Grin] And yes, Akhenaten was a brotha [Big Grin]

Let Igbo tribe and solid scientific discoveries prove that. So far Science of language, culture and heritage studies is on their side.

--------------------
The one who built them!

Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Obelisk_18 :

Let Igbo tribe and solid scientific discoveries prove that. So far Science of language, culture and heritage studies is on their side.
really? What genetic test proves descent from egyptians? What about cognate words and deities? Ya got nothing [Big Grin]
Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
And Djehuti a eurocentric? Lemme borrow some of yo weed bro [Smile] .
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL Of course in Kemson's twisted mind, I'm Eurocentric, just as the ancient Greeks were black Africans and the Afrasian language phylum does not exist. [Big Grin]
Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
quote:
^ LOL Of course in Kemson's twisted mind, I'm Eurocentric, just as the ancient Greeks were black Africans and the Afrasian language phylum does not exist. [Big Grin]

hey, my mahne djehuti, speaking of west africa and sh*t like that, i memba ya saying a while back about Malian doctors in the middle ages being world-renowned? ya remember saying that?
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
quote:

These mini "LOL" reply comments you post as rebuttals are beginning to make you look like the ideal candidate for representing a new type of idiot worthy of his own definition in a dictionary with your picture next to it.

In time you will only smother yourself in your own incompetence. For now, you present yourself as an edge for sharpening verbal swords and obviously can't be taken seriously.

Here's an idea to help you grow the hell up. I'm going to call your ridiculous "LOL" nuances, as well as other replies similar to your "LOL's" "EBC" (Escape By Clowing) replies. Everytime you use "Djehuti-EBC's" in your replies towards at me, I'll mark the as such as a reminder to you. Like "one giant step for mankind" on the "moon land landing", every mark will be your one giant to reaching reality and growing up.

One_and_Done
Member # 10712

Rate Member
Obelisk_18 wrote:

quote:
1. Um, rare, not-often, you aint familiar with American slang?
2. Um, the government is very corrupt, in fact so corrupt that it doesnt know how to spend its petro dollars
3. Um, by reading Intl News, ya should try it sometimes

1. I don't use slang. That's for low brow mental midgets.

2.What government isn't?

3. Yeah that's what I thought. If the white boy doesn't tell me. Then it doesn't happen. Pitiful.

You're just like your idol.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Obelisk_18 wrote:

quote:

The point is, one and done, compared to Europe, the Mid-east, and ancient "Egypt", there is little done in West Africa. There needs to be more. I asure you Djehuti wasn't talking down to anyone.

[Smile]

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
quote:

These mini "LOL" reply comments you post as rebuttals are beginning to make you look like the ideal candidate for representing a new type of idiot worthy of his own definition in a dictionary with your picture next to it.

In time you will only smother yourself in your own incompetence. For now, you present yourself as an edge for sharpening verbal swords and obviously can't be taken seriously.

Here's an idea to help you grow the hell up. I'm going to call your ridiculous "LOL" nuances, as well as other replies similar to them, "EBC" (Escape By Clowing) replies. Everytime you use "Djehuti-EBC's" in your replies towards me, I'll mark them as such as a reminder to you. Like the "one giant step for mankind" in the "moon land landing" script, every mark will be your one giant step to reaching reality and growing up.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Ignoring the repetition of stupid, childish banter, and moving on to discuss real African history instead of made-up crap.

quote:

hey, my mahne djehuti, speaking of west africa and sh*t like that, i memba ya saying a while back about Malian doctors in the middle ages being world-renowned? ya remember saying that?

Yes. Africans, and particularly, West Africans had the most advance medical science of that time. The first surgeries took place in Africa, with earliest recorded ones being in Egypt. During the Middle Ages in particular, Africans performed surguries like cessarian section, to things like cataract removals!
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
Grammatical errors required my repost and you're finally trying to take a step in the right direction (no LOL's), don't start stumbling now.
Henu
Member # 13490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One_and_Done, you are skating on thin ice (=you are close to getting your third and final warning). Just one warning left. Cool it with the insults and instigation.

Kemson, insulting is not permitted. Do not do it again. This is your first warning.

Posts: 113 | From: Dayr al-Barsha | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord of the Nile
Member # 10305

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lord of the Nile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[Yes. Africans, and particularly, West Africans had the most advance medical science of that time. The first surgeries took place in Africa, with earliest recorded ones being in Egypt. During the Middle Ages in particular, Africans performed surguries like cessarian section, to things like cataract removals! [/QB]

The first sensible comment I have read from this poster. I agree with your call here. There is still hope left for you. Keep it up!!!

The Lord

Posts: 83 | From: Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
quote:
^ Ignoring the repetition of stupid, childish banter, and moving on to discuss real African history instead of made-up crap.

quote:

Yes. Africans, and particularly, West Africans had the most advance medical science of that time. The first surgeries took place in Africa, with earliest recorded ones being in Egypt. During the Middle Ages in particular, Africans performed surguries like cessarian section, to things like cataract removals!
gimme a book or somn dawg! lol......
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Why do some people like Kemson have a vested interest in denying the existence of the Afro-Asiatic phylum? Most languages classified under that phylum are spoken by black Africans anyway.
Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weren't recent images of these structures once posted here on ES with them IIRC having a reddish-type of color?(or am i confusing two different things?)
Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrann0saurus:

Why do some people like Kemson have a vested interest in denying the existence of the Afro-Asiatic phylum? Most languages classified under that phylum are spoken by black Africans anyway.

Because this classification and your knowledge of it is based on a racist, Joseph Greenberg (and other Euro-specialists who built on it), who wasn't certified in and didn't fluently speak any Negro-Egyptian family of languages to classify any African language. His classifications were based on Geographic areas (not genetic) attributing labels like "Afro-Asiatic" to selected water-near regions in Africa as a convenient route (though long) in suggesting part European/Asian origin of these languages.

I base my continued research, advancements and knowledge on the correct and genetic demonstrations (not Geographic) of Negro-Egyptian language families as well as Negro writing systems by the world renowned Dr. Theophile Obenga.

Therefore, the correct classification is "Negro-Egyptian" and it will now become the stable term.

Get used to it and get over the Negro-phobia. I ain't gon' hur'chu!

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Because this classification and your knowledge of it is based on a racist, Joseph Greenberg (and other Euro-specialists who built on it), who wasn't certified in and didn't fluently speak any Negro-Egyptian family of languages to classify any African language. His classifications were based on Geographic areas (not genetic) attributing labels like "Afro-Asiatic" to selected water-near regions in Africa as a convenient route (though long) in suggesting part European/Asian origin of these languages.

I base my continued research, advancements and knowledge on the correct and genetic demonstrations (not Geographic) of Negro-Egyptian language families as well as Negro writing systems by the world renowned Dr. Theophile Obenga.

Therefore, the correct classification is "Negro-Egyptian" and it will now become the stable term.

Get used to it and get over the Negro-phobia. I ain't gon' hur'chu!

What's racist about it? Do you think it's Negrophobic to acknowledge linguistic diversity in Africa? Or are you bothered by the fact that the Ancient Egyptian language is in some way related to languages spoken by non-black Asians?

If it is the latter, so what? Afro-Asiatic is still of African origin (as Greenberg and most linguists today acknowledge), and anyway, language does not equal race.

This man's language is closely related to languages spoken by most white Europeans:

-

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
Again, it's called "Negro-Egyptian". Memorize it. "Afro-Asiatic" does not exist and never did!

Joseph Greenberg was a straight-up comedian.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrann0saurus:
quote:

This is due to the fact that Obenga and Diop noted that the language family does not exist and that the Berber people originated in Arabia recently and basically speak languages related to the Germanic and Arabic groups.

These researchers do not see Taureg as a Berber language, since it is related to many Niger Congo languages.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ms. Ezi
Member # 17284

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Ezi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Igbo and my DNA is as follows:

mtDNA = L1b

Y-DNA = E1b1a/M2/E3a

You can check out my genealogy blog:

wwwDOTmigrationstoriesofnigerianigboDOTwordpressDOTcom

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Obelisk_18 wrote:

quote:

That's easier said than done. Not all Americans have everything available to them...especially from obscure Nigerian archeologists who probably print in French anyway (if they get their findings in a Western journal at all).
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmer Menes
Member # 16122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmer Menes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your website is amazing... I have added to my favourites! The best quote so far:
quote:
The recent phenomenon (by at least 50 years) of continuously compartamentalizing Africa into carved out boundaries – along country, state, regional, etc. lines with such terms as Sub-Saharan for example, is simply to try and demarcate Africaness, and say who is African and who is not African, or only somewhat African. Well, let me say this, Africans are Africans.
That is brilliant...

quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Ezi:
I am Igbo and my DNA is as follows:

mtDNA = L1b

Y-DNA = E1b1a/M2/E3a

You can check out my genealogy blog:

wwwDOTmigrationstoriesofnigerianigboDOTwordpressDOTcom

Posts: 365 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ms. Ezi
Member # 17284

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Ezi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Narmer -

Thank you for adding me to your favorites!

-Ms. Ezi

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the Igbo "pyramids" even still standing? Those pictures in the OP are really old and dated. Have they been destroyed? What is the current state of them?
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com