EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Igbo pyramids? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Igbo pyramids?
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^They are all gone...sadly...

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've gotta be kidding me. Why??? Who did it and when? No wonder some people believe those photos are fakes on nairaland.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
^^They are all gone...sadly...

I had a funny feeling they were destroyed. Probably by the same people in the old pictures...damn revisionists/racists. Not to say it couldn't have happened some other way, but still. It's a known fact that Europeans went out of their way to destroy African structures. See Great Zimbabwe.
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How come there weren't any excavations of those Nsude pyramids sites? There's really a lack of archeological works in Africa outside Kush and Ancient Egypt.
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:
How come there weren't any excavations of those Nsude pyramids sites? There's really a lack of archeological works in Africa outside Kush and Ancient Egypt.

lack of money

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:

lack of money

And lack of will to spend the money available in such ventures.
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Kongolese Hebrew there were many small pyramids in central and South Africa linking Africa to the Nile Valley.The European colonial power quietly destroyed them without recording them in their books.The European elite know who the African people are and what lands they inhabited in ancient time.They know the decendant of African in different part of the world even though they no longer look African.Not all artifacts discovered in Egypt, Africa, Europe and Asia by Euro archeologist are revealed to the public.I think European elite scholar wrote the real history of the world in books available only to the aristocratic elite and not published to the general population.USA Christian missionary collected all the words from languages in different area of the world and input it in a special computer. The result was Bantu was one of the oldest language in the world.The white aristocratic elite know the real history of the black race.

Many scholars stated the Igbo people were Ancient Egyptian.Igbo being Hebrew doesnt contradict the fact they were Ancient Egyptian.According to classical historian the Hebrew were Ancient Egyptian who migrated to Syria(incuding Palestine) and Arabia.

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old thread, but interesting.

Are there no remains of the Nsude pyramids today? Have anyone here visited the place were they stood?? Are there any new photos of the remains of them?

A long time ago I wrote to the National museum in Nigeria and asked about them, but got no answer. I have to ask them, and other learning institutions in Nigeria, again. When I get the chance to go there I will try to find the eventual remains of them.

--------------------
Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist

Posts: 2684 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old photo of one of the pyramids

-

Nsude Pyramids: The Pride of Ancient Igbos

--------------------

Posts: 2684 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Archeopteryx:
Old photo of one of the pyramids

-

Nsude Pyramids: The Pride of Ancient Igbos

I actually found a BBC broadcast on them, but it is all in Igbo. It seems the pyramids have been allowed to become overgrown with vegetation

https://www.bbc.com/igbo/afirika-55255879

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Punos_Rey:
I actually found a BBC broadcast on them, but it is all in Igbo. It seems the pyramids have been allowed to become overgrown with vegetation

https://www.bbc.com/igbo/afirika-55255879

Looks like the elements have smoothed down their slopes as well.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Hope they will clear up the place, and try to remove the trees that grow in them since the roots contribute in breaking down the monuments. Also if there will be a storm and a tree overturns, its roots can rip up the remains of the pyramid and destroy it. A smaller excavation for dating, and maybe restoring at least one of them in its former glory could also be worth of earnest consideration. Would be sad if such unique cultural monuments would totally disappear.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
More old photos

-

Nsude pyramids

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com