EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The wall paintings of Ancient Egyptians (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The wall paintings of Ancient Egyptians
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:
Excuse me, prmiddleeastern, Africans are not related throught skin color. If that was the case then many South Indians and Aboriginals would be related to black Africans, but they're not. And Africans also have much more diverse characteristics besides skin color.

yes,I know about it, some are tall, some are small, and more distinct features.
Posts: 1106 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice thread.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Issawi:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yom:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:
Modern Egyptians who contribute to this site, most of whom hold this same justifiable view.

ha....in your dreams. Pretending to be Egyptians maybe, but any real Egyptian recognizes Egyptian and Nubian people right away. Anyone who is not blind, or is desparate to believe the egyptians were black, can see that the pictures of the Egyptians posted by Yonis2 look exactly like the tomb wall portraits of the ancient Egyptians. The Nubians are similar to the Egyptians in culture only. They are one of 2 black african peoples in Egypt (the Besharin are the other one). They speak a language that has nothing to do with the language written in hieroglyphs. The Egyptian Christians still pray in the ancient egyptian language.... You people seem so deluded you talk among yourselves so much that you start believing your own lies. No wonder no one takes this crap seriously outside of these little circles.
The Bisharin are Beja and Beja (To-bedawie) speakers, an Afro-Asiatic language like Ancient Egyptian, and possibly the closest to the AE language. They're probably the best representatives still living in Egypt that have a phenotype similar to that of the ancient Egyptians. The Ababda are another Beja tribe living in Egypt north of the Bisharin, but some of them are mixed with Arabs.
I was talking about the Nubians who have a completely different language... and I am sorry to see you as deluded as your friends. The Besharin were known to the ancient Egyptians and were depicted much like the Nubian people, not Egyptians. The ancient Egyptians look just like the people in the pictures posted by Yonis2, anybody who looks at them can see that. It's clear that most of you have never been to Egypt, which is why you sound like you have no clue what you're talking about.
Ancient Egyptians were closer to the ancestral populations of the Beja and Bisharin than modern Egyptians. Some modern Egyptians have heavy influence from outside of Egypt and therefore many don't match the phenotype of ancient Egypt.

It doesn't matter how many times you paste the pictures of Nubians because it's clear that they don't look like the ancient Egyptians but more like the ancient Nubians.... It's hilarious that you post portraits of light-skinned ancient egyptian women and say that they look like modern black Nubians. You probably tell yourselves that the women's color is not real but conveniently the men's color is. But don't let me interfere with your delusions.

The Egyptian children look just like the ancient Egyptian children
 -

First off, the is no such thing as a "Nubian". That term was used by the Racist Egyptologists to seperate Kmt, from Africa.

Second, The culture, people, plant life, language of Kmt come from sub-sahran Africa.

Third, the picture you posted is not that reliable to show the people of Kmt. The so called Nubian people were dipicted with dark skin as well as the same skin color as the Egyptians.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's hilarious that you post portraits of light-skinned ancient egyptian women and say that they look like modern black Nubians
^ What's hilarious is how easy to refute your remarks is:

A comparison with neighboring Nile Valley skeletal samples suggests that the high status cemetery represents an endogamous ruling or elite segment of the local population at Naqada, which is more closely related to populations in northern Nubia than to neighboring populations in southern Egypt.
-> American Journal of Physical Anthropology, Vol. 101, Issue 2, October 1996, Pages: 237-246

When you're finishing laughing at the hilarity of it all, perhaps you can explain to us what is "endogamous ruling elite"?

What does it mean that ancient "Nuba" an "Egypt", which is to say Ta Seti and Ta Shemu consisted of and endogomous ruling elite?

I'm laughing too, because I know you don't understand the above, and moreover, I know you don't want to. [Razz]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Then we could all laugh together! [Big Grin]
Posts: 26280 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an interesting video of an old kingdom mastaba. Not sure which one it is and given that many mastabas have been uncovered but not published (wonder why?) there is a possibility it is one I am not familiar with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cnYgcQ25nA

Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com