EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: First Black Governor in the US (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OT: First Black Governor in the US
osiriun
Member # 14297

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osiriun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this is what America calls Black then I don't see how anyone can argue against calling Egyptians Black! I certainly cannot. By this definition, so are the Greeks even today!

-

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle Washington | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL that is a perfect example of how 'racial' politics including racism itself is all a matter of subjective opinion and bias.

Unlike the gentleman above, the Egyptians by and large were not a 'mixed' people (as some would like to believe) let alone of white or European ancestry but were dark skinned (black) natives of the African continent who called themselves kmtwy (black).

There is no confusion about it, and certainly one needs not reference African Americans or Americans of African descent from more modern times.

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about this

Louisiana votes for Indian-American
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 05:38:03

A US Republican Congressman with Indian origin has won the gubernatorial election in Louisiana and become the 1st Indian to hold a US state.

Oxford educated Bobby Jindal,36, is the youngest governor and the first non-white to hold Louisiana post since the 1870s.

Jindal carried more than half the vote on Saturday, against 11 opponents. With about 92 percent of the vote in, Jindal had 53 percent with 625,036 votes -more than enough to win outright and avoid a November 17 runoff.

Democrat Walter Boasso scored 208,690 votes or 18 percent; Independent John Georges had 1167,477 votes or 14 percent; Democrat Foster Campbell had 151,101 or 13 percent. Eight candidates divided the rest. “I'm asking all of our supporters to get behind our new governor,'' Georges said in a concession speech.

When Jindal takes office in January, he will become the country's youngest state governor in office. He pledged to fight corruption and rid the state of those “feeding at the public trough,'' revisiting a campaign theme.

-

^ Not only is he the first person of Indian descent to hold a U.S. state office, but he is the first non-white governor of Louisiana since the 1870s (Post-Civil War/Reconstruction)!

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by osiriun:
If this is what America calls Black then I don't see how anyone can argue against calling Egyptians Black! I certainly cannot. By this definition, so are the Greeks even today!

-

That is P.B.S. Pinchback and his father was white (obviously).. So technically he wouldn't have been classified as "Black" under American social criteria, but as 'Mulatto".. He actually was appointed and only served for 35 days. Here is the first elected African American governor, Lawrence D Wilder..

-

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osiriun
Member # 14297

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osiriun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Wilder is Black?

Racial politics is hilarious. Wilder above is supposedly Black but this guy Below is supposedly White:

-

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle Washington | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:

quote:

-

That is P.B.S. Pinchback and his father was white (obviously).. So technically he wouldn't have been classified as "Black" under American social criteria, but as 'Mulatto".. He actually was appointed and only served for 35 days. Here is the first elected African American governor, Lawrence D Wilder..

-

^ But notice how white or 'whitish' they are. Perhaps (white) American people still aren't ready for a more African looking black American because they find such persons too "threatening"(?) [Embarrassed]
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only in America! jajaja
Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ You can't be talking. Aren't all the political leaders in Latin America either white or 'mestizo'??
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More people who are considered "Black" in America.

Daniel Halle Williams
 -

Adam Clayton Powell
 -

Benjamin Oliver Davis
 -

Charles Drew
 -

Maynard Jackson
 -

George Butterfield
 -

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Practically none of those people however, would be considered black in the black community if seen randomly walking down the street or something. Definitely not.. Again, back in the days most would be referred to as Mulatto or just simply "colored".. People overemphasize the one drop rule imo, usually people who haven't spent much time in America's black community.
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ But notice how white or 'whitish' they are. Perhaps (white) American people still aren't ready for a more African looking black American because they find such persons too "threatening"(?) [Embarrassed]

The old House vs. Field negro adage. I'd say yes, as it seems white people feel more comfortable with those seemingly closer to themselves.. [Smile]
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ That's an understatement! Look at all those so-called 'black' folks who were elected officials or someway of high status.

And I hate to say it, but from what I hear the same is also true among the black community-- that is colorism festers there as well.

It is the same problem you see in other communities and even parts of the world where people of color predominate yet they follow white ideals or standards! [Frown]

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is stoo-pitt.

That governor was never referred to as black.
He was colored a catch word in the USA for
anyone of Middle Passage descent.

And yes, outside the USA, a little after that
governor's time period, Europeans bordering
the Meditteranean were labeled colored too.

The Black American community is just that, a
community, not an anthropological definition
of black though not purely a social meaning
either.

In my experience with Black Americans, they
seem to be readily able to tell someone they
call passing for white -- a sociological
phenomena enforced by whites who being the
majority population saw no need to count
quadroons and octoroons among the whites
as was the necessity in the West Indies
and South America.

Anyone who ever saw Adam Clayton Powell in
the flesh, not merely in a picture, never
had any difficulty seeing him as one of the
colored population whereas something about
Walt Disney would exclude him.

Benjamin Oliver Davis has features that make
it hard to class him as other than an African
descendent.

Actually, imo, all but Butterfield are easily
recognizable as "black coloreds" and could
never fit in a society of Europeans anywhere
in Europe.

And yes particularly in the USA south many
quadroons and octoroons silently faded into
the white population as long as none of their
mulatto or more black kin gave them away.

Don't fall for the sucker punch everytime.
These categories were invented and enforced
by the whites. Blaming them on the blacks,
for continuing to count these more than half
white coloreds as one of their own, is insane
and a fool's game.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If this is what America calls Black then I don't see how anyone can argue against calling Egyptians Black!

Feel free to point out where American racial classifications have surfaced in our discussion of ancient Kmt?

In Brazil, there is a one drop rule for whites. So what?

In modern Egypt, there is no 'racial' thinking at all, atleast in the American sense, but a color classification system including wheat and milk skin colors as well...

So what? Well, relevance isn't totally empty, since it is Egypt we're talking of.

This thread amounts to nothing but possible ad-homina (ie: bashing the poster instead of his argument) and clowning. Nothing more, nothing less, and nothing new.

By the way, the Egyptian/Arabic word for black is aswad which is used to refer to the indigenous Egyptians, more of which living towards Upper Egypt, which IS relevant [Wink] ...

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Practically none of those people however, would be considered black in the black community if seen randomly walking down the street or something. Definitely not..

True, lol^, but

quote:
People overemphasize the one drop rule imo, usually people who haven't spent much time in America's black community.

YES.

Plus they seem to forget, that if you are white enough here, you can choose, as many did.

One guy in particular chose his black side even though he had blonde hair, and spied on the KKK for the black community LOL [Big Grin] !

Seriously though, many 'white' Americans have African ancestry, infact, many Europeans in general - Same thing with many 'blacks'/African Americans.

A lot of peoples who are darker than Europeans catch on to the fact that black is a more political division than a geneologic one, and choose black.

I've seen this happen with Asians, Arabs, Latin-looking Americans, and so-called Latinos, along with mixed [REALLY] whites...

though many in each of these ethnicities leave for Latinos often have their views about blacks... you know what.

Either way,

when this

-

= black

and this

- (clickable image)

= white,

you know you can truly say: Only in America!

(Funny, I almost messed up and put more accurate labels under each of the pictures!)

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
songhai
Member # 13721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for songhai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
al-Takruri--

You are spot on on so many points.

Posts: 74 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
songhai
Member # 13721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for songhai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Not only is he the first person of Indian descent to hold a U.S. state office, but he is the first non-white governor of Louisiana since the 1870s (Post-Civil War/Reconstruction)!
And let's not forget he is also the youngest.

I wonder how he ran his campaign: did he run as a 'white' man? albeit, a dark 'white' man.

Posts: 74 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by songhai:
al-Takruri--

You are spot on on so many points.

^Yep
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Willing Thinker {What Box}:

This thread amounts to nothing but possible ad-homina (ie: bashing the poster instead of his argument) and clowning. Nothing more, nothing less, and nothing new.

Actually, the opening topic doesn't address anything specifically said or anyone. It is called a red herring.

quote:

-

Are you referring to **ancient** Egyptians? If so,...

...what are you going by, for the comparison between the image in question and the Nile Valley natives of antiquity?

...were there no distinctions made between ancient Greeks and ancient Egyptians?...or are you saying that Greeks *today* have become "blacker"?

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still_Not_Done         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is interesting how every cross-eyed foreigner feels that they are somehow an expert on African Americans.

`_`

And yet these same people will mess in their drawers when African Americans research, study, or inquire about Africa.

Interesting

Posts: 35 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still_Not_Done         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti chopsticked:

quote:
But notice how white or 'whitish' they are. Perhaps (white) American people still aren't ready for a more African looking black American because they find such persons too "threatening"(?)
What is a more African looking "Black American"?

You said it. Now you define it.

You're pulling your old veiled caucasian, negro race dogma. Only you avoid using those terms and in place substitute words that you think will avoid getting you called out on it. You act like somebody that has schitzophrenia.

Now watch he'll chopstick something to the effect that he is against these terms and will link to some post of his as proof. Then he'll be right back using his code words for "negro" again.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
Djehuti wrote:

quote:
^ That's an understatement! Look at all those so-called 'black' folks who were elected officials or someway of high status.

And I hate to say it, but from what I hear the same is also true among the black community-- that is colorism festers there as well.

It is the same problem you see in other communities and even parts of the world where people of color predominate yet they follow white ideals or standards!

What makes you an authority on Africans and African Americans? The fact that you average about a hundred posts every 7 to 10 days. That even being awol from this forum for about 4 months you still average over 300 posts a month.

So you're the expert. What African Americans are you associated with? Do you have an AA girlfriend/wife or maybe boyfriend/husband?

Somehow I don't believe you could wind up with either.

So lets have the proof that AAs don't get along based on the fantasies you ascribe to.

Also while your at it philipeeno, (and I'm going by your race fantasies here) explain why Harold Ford Jr. lost his election bid and Barack Obama is trailing in his election bid.

Explain to me J.C. Watts, David Dinkens (oh maybe I shouldn't use him, because according to your lunacy he's not negro enough), Harvey Gant.

Yet again you've shown that you have absolutely no idea of what you're posting about. You ought to start obsessing the Philopeeenes. Maybe that wretched island might evolve into a half-way decent place for a change. Although if the intellect that you are projecting in your posts is brought there, it is more likely to regress rather than progress.

Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
Sundiata wrote:

quote:
Practically none of those people however, would be considered black in the black community if seen randomly walking down the street or something. Definitely not..
What country are you from? He11 what planet?

I guess I must have been high off khat when I saw Adam Powell, Maynard Jackson, and Benjamin Davis. Because I definitely saw them as AA.

You people are truly pitiful, you spend hours on this forum whining about stereotypes and true negroes. Yet the first chance you get, you engage in the very practice. If there is anything "true" around here, it is that there are many "True Losers" on this forum.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
Originally posted by Still_Not_Done:
Sundiata wrote:

quote:
What country are you from? He11 what planet?

I guess I must have been high off khat when I saw Adam Powell, Maynard Jackson, and Benjamin Davis. Because I definitely saw them as AA.

You people are truly pitiful, you spend hours on this forum whining about stereotypes and true negroes. Yet the first chance you get, you engage in the very practice. If there is anything "true" around here, it is that there are many "True Losers" on this forum.

Hey Still_Not_Done.. I assume that you don't live in the said black community that I'm referring to, hence your asinine statements and universally applicable ranting. From experience of actually living and breathing in America as a black African-American, I must say that what I've stated is 100% accurate. Most AAs who are mixed, identify as such. "I am black and hispanic, I am black and Korean, I am black mixed with white, or since that's more common place, they'd simply say, "I'm mixed". Tiger Woods is not the only person who does this, it is just a fact and a reality. If not, like for say the instance of Barrack Obama who is ashamed of his white ancestry, other African Americans will clearly point it out for him. African-Americans aren't as dumb as you think to where they'd desperately cling (identity-wise) to anything remotely resembling themselves. Every person you've named has noted white ancestry, so I don't see how this would apply to your "true negroe" myth. I assume that you must be mixed, given the anger, no? As for what planet I live on? Probably the most diverse; the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Area (California).. Now please stop making yourself into an idiot, as you obviously are not black and/or do not reside anywhere near me within 5,000 miles.

Side note: Whomever you see as an African-American is your business, though you're grasping for straws since "African-American" and "Black" are two different titles.

Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
I'm talking about the people posted that includes Maynard. I don't give a damn about Tiger Woods or Wentworth Miller.

You can dip and dodge all you want.

The fact is Maynard Jackson was an AA and was thought as an AA by AAs in Atlanta and elsewhere across the country.

The same goes for the others.

Now do us all a favor and provide proof that the above was not so. Instead of trying to mimic the posting of other posters.

The clock is running.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
You can dip and dodge all you want.

The fact is Maynard Jackson was an AA and was thought as an AA by AAs in Atlanta and elsewhere across the country.

The same goes for the others.

Now do us all a favor and provide proof that the above was not so. Instead of trying to mimic the posting of other posters.

The clock is running.

I don't need to provide proof of anything since African-American doesn't = Black, it simply refers to someone with African ancestry who at some point in time is descendant from a slave who survived the middle passage. Provide evidence that these people are considered black in the relevant (black) community, and not mixed, if it is my claim that you're directly trying to rebut. Maynard Jackson, the proclaimed "first black Mayor of Atlanta", is an exception on that list in that this is widely proclaimed, which is why you try and use him to generalize the others.
Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
Sundiata wrote:

quote:
I don't need to provide proof of anything since African-American doesn't = Black, it simply refers to someone with African descent who at some point in time is descendant from a slave who survived the middle passage. Provide evidence that these people are considered black in the relevant (black community), and not mixed, if it is my claim that you're directly trying to rebut.

Exactly what I figured. No evidence. You're dismissed from class and can now put on the conical shaped hat. You know the one.

And since you're "Black" and not AA, why don't you just call yourself "Negro"? Afterall they are the same.

Care to have that cone shaped hat resized to XXL?

This just illustrates how whites can manipulate the brainless.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

^You make absolutely no sense and what evidence can I provide other than showing you first hand? I can definitely prove that nearly all have substantial white ancestry. Also, when have I ever said that I was not African-American? I definitely am and identify as such, but I'm black first and foremost. You simply accused me of lying about my experience, experience which cannot be materially proven unless you experience it with me as I can only report it based on my subjective interpretation of those photos and how it would apply where I was raised. On the other hand, you're a disgruntled non-black or mongrel who wants to be closer to whites and are obviously taken back by my observations/opinion, hence, again the anger. No one is worried about your or your bufoonery..
Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
Sundiata wrote:

quote:
^You make absolutely no sense and what evidence can I provide other than showing you first hand? Also, when have I ever said that I was not African-American? I definitely am and identify as such, but I'm black first and foremost. You simply accused me of lying about my experience, experience which cannot be materially proven unless you experience it with me as I can only report it based on my subjective interretation of those photos and how it would apply where I was raised. On the other hand, you're a disgruntled non-black or mongrel who wants to be closer to whites and are obviously taken back by my observations/opinion, hence, again the anger. No one is worried about your or your nonsense..

The above emotional ad hominem rant is what happens when ones stupidity has been exposed and not sugarcoated.

Shall we write "Negro" on that XXL cone shaped cap?

I declare this beatdown officially over.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

^You can declare your 28th nonsense post which concludes an incoherent diatribe about nothing whatsoever (since you talk in circles and aren't really saying anything) as a "beatdown" if you choose. If declaring victory without even starting the race makes you feel better, so be it, but your mixed/mongrel delusions have nothing to do with me. Good day..
osiriun
Member # 14297

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

either.

and South America.

descendent.

in Europe.

and a fool's game.

The picture of the governor comes from a Black History website. I simply was curious to find out about non-White Governors after Lousinana voted in the first non-White Governor and this is what I find.

My arugment should be what is noted:

Most White Americans see Egyptians as non-Black because of the features they see in Egyptian art work even though they live in a society where people of clearly White features are politically and socially considered Black.

It is simply the double standard that I lament.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

^^The difference is that these said Mulattos and mixed AAs in many instances have less African Ancestry than obviously the Ancient Egyptians had (whom did not have "white features"). But I see your point, yes, it is a double standard..
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

Djehuti chopsticked:

More racist hypocrisy from you I see. LOL I'd expect nothing less from you. [Wink]

quote:
What is a more African looking "Black American"?

You said it. Now you define it.

I meant not as European looking. Do you think all those guys Yonis posted looks more African than European?! Don't play dumb; you know exactly what I meant but chose to play dumb, which is funny because apparently why play something you already are?

quote:
You're pulling your old veiled caucasian, negro race dogma. Only you avoid using those terms and in place substitute words that you think will avoid getting you called out on it. You act like somebody that has schitzophrenia.
Incorrect. Exactly where in my post did I use "caucasian" or "negro". Looks like the only one schizo is YOU, as always. [Embarrassed]

quote:
Now watch he'll chopstick something to the effect that he is against these terms and will link to some post of his as proof. Then he'll be right back using his code words for "negro" again.
LOL Sorry but again your simpleton brain predicted wrong as always. Your schizo-paranoid-delusional mind can keep thinking whatever you want of me, but I find it funny how you who insist I am somehow racist would make racial connotations of "chopsticks".

We all know you are just a black male with low self-esteem which spurs on your paranoi and hypocritic racism. Again, I remind you it's not too late to get help. [Big Grin]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

either.

and South America.

descendent.

in Europe.

and a fool's game.

[Embarrassed] I agree with Takruri. We have enough problems with folks bringing in their modern racial political garbage to this forum (Mind's_still_done) there is no need to add to this problem.
Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
Djehuti wrote:

quote:
We all know you are just a black male with low self-esteem which spurs on your paranoi and hypocritic racism. Again, I remind you it's not too late to get help.
Er, um. I'm not the one averaging 300+ posts a month. Obsessing ethnic groups from another continent. That certainly counts as not having self-esteem or a life in my book. Most Africans or African Americans don't give 1 cubic inch of damn about the Philipeeenes.

[Smile] [Embarrassed] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz] [Cool] [Roll Eyes]

Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
Djehuti wrote:

quote:
I meant not as European looking
So tell us genius what is European looking? And when have they been the templates for Africans?

Your posts are just a cornicopia mental illness, but what would one expect from someone like you.

Have a good nights rest Djehuti. `_`

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quit this America bashing crap, its pissing me off, all those people posted above are self-identified blacks. Blackness in America has little to do with how you look. You non-Americans bashing what is/is not black in America need to mind your biz.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ You can't be talking. Aren't all the political leaders in Latin America either white or 'mestizo'??

No, people like this baseball player[he has a processed hairdo, his hair is hella nappy

-

Are "dirty" Indians in Latin America, go figure. But everyone likes to bash and make fun of what is considered as "black" in America, while at the same time ignoring very African looking people in Latin America who don't acknowledge any African ancestry.

Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OSIRIUN.

Note that those European researchers who commented on the physiognomies of the AEs pointed out-- appealing to the facial features that Europeans always use when they classify "racially"--that the lips of the AEs were "thick", their noses "short and thick", their chins "weak" and their jaws " moderately prognathous". Just peruse the observations of people like Denon, Champollion, Volney and others--who actually visited the Pyramids.

What forced such observers to claim that the Egyptians were "caucasoid" or "Hamitic" was that they[the observers] just could not associate "civilisation" with what they referred to as "negroids".

A clear case of cognitive dissonance.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
Djehuti wrote:

quote:
I meant not as European looking. Do you think all those guys Yonis posted looks more African than European?!
You really need to quit making stupid statements in public. Its not like anybody here has a high opinion of you to begin with.

Some of those guys look like the so called "Berbers". They are Africans too, care to lie and say they aren't. And guess what they were brought to the Americas as well. Don't believe, then try me.

I know this really _____s with people because it trashes their whole fantasy about Africans and slavery. Here is something else to pontificate. If they will bring the so called "Berbers", who wouldn't they bring. The answer is this simple no one was immune to be brought over. That's why African Americans have the most varied looks of any ethnic group of people on this planet in my opinion. That is why I have yet to see people from an African country that don't like certain AAs.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
Most Africans or African Americans don't give 1 cubic inch of damn about the Philipeeenes.

Maybe self-hating, mongrelized Africans such as yourself who can't seem to get along with anybody (including intra-ethnically), which is why you should speak for yourself. Your idiocy and racist foolishness in no way represents or defines African or diasporic thought. You are merely a bitter wretch with no where else to vent for your own inherent, child-like insecurities.
Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
Sundiata wrote:

quote:

I thought I told you your beatdown has officially ended.

Now go away : )

Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
Charlie Bass wrote:

quote:
Quit this America bashing crap, its pissing me off, all those people posted above are self-identified blacks. Blackness in America has little to do with how you look. You non-Americans bashing what is/is not black in America need to mind your biz.
The thing is they think it is. But rest assured "beatdowns" will be delivered both swiftly and promptly.

This place is beginning to be like those sick race loon sites where Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan, and Lionel Ritchie are supposedly admixed with "caucasoids".

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
I thought I told you your beatdown has officially ended.

Now go away : )

[Roll Eyes] ^^Delusions aside, why would I let you get away with a randomly absurd comment like this in which you attribute to African-Americans? You do not speak for us and never will, end of story.. You're just an irate clown and your worth here is minimal. People like you are what makes AAs sometimes seem so ignorant to the public eye, since you insist that you actually speak for the majority. You are embarrassing.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember the story of Jason & the Golden Fleece?

He tossed a stone up high.
It dropped on the head of one of the Serpent's Teeth soldiers.
The hit soldier accused the next soldier of pelting him.
That soldier backed up on another soldier
who made off balance stepped on the foot of a nearby soldier.
They all fell out fighting each other.

Jason walked away with the Fleece without a battle.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Er, um. I'm not the one averaging 300+ posts a month. Obsessing ethnic groups from another continent.That certainly counts as not having self-esteem or a life in my book...

Nope. I mainly deal with the subject matter of this forum which is ancient Egypt & Egyptology. YOU are the one who brings up black peoples, and seems to have a problem with Somalis. LOL

quote:
..Most Africans or African Americans don't give 1 cubic inch of damn about the Philipeeenes.
Why should they? I don't either, cuz I'm AMERICAN! LOL But apparently you do even though you know nothing about the country, what with your incessant ethnic remarks like "chopsticks" which aren't even native to the Philippines!

quote:
[Smile] [Embarrassed] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz] [Cool] [Roll Eyes]
By this long line of emoticons, I take it I hit a nerve. LOL Too bad.
quote:
Djehuti wrote:

So tell us genius what is European looking? And when have they been the templates for Africans?

I never even implied the use of 'templates' when it comes to how populations, let alone how Africans look. Since populations vary in features, and humans originate in Africa in the first place!

Again there is no need to act dumber than you really are. You know just as well as I do that all those guys Yonis posted are European 'whitish' looking due to obvious European ancestry!

quote:
Your posts are just a cornicopia mental illness, but what would one expect from someone like you.
I think all sane people in this board can obviously see that you only describe YOUR own posts. So stop projecting. Remember, that's just a surface sign of mental illness.

quote:
Have a good nights rest Djehuti. `_`
Of course I will since unlike you, I don't worry about ethnic groups like Somalis or Filipinos. Like I said, you should get some help. LMFO
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

Maybe self-hating, mongrelized Africans such as yourself who can't seem to get along with anybody (including intra-ethnically), which is why you should speak for yourself. Your idiocy and racist foolishness in no way represents or defines African or diasporic thought. You are merely a bitter wretch with no where else to vent for your own inherent, child-like insecurities.

^ TRUTH. [Cool]
Still_Not_Done
Member # 14230

Rate Member
djehuti wrote:

quote:
You know just as well as I do that all those guys Yonis posted are European 'whitish' looking due to obvious European ancestry!
Again how do you know what their ancestry is? I just posted that some of those guys look like the so called "Berbers" and that they too were brought to the Americas. Which I noticed that you conveniently tried to avoid.

You can cry in your philpeeno beer all you want about that fact. But facts never change. Maybe you should worry more about your own life than sit around your computer posting 100 posts a week fantasizing about AAs.

quote:
YOU are the one who brings up black peoples, and seems to have a problem with Somalis.
Who mentioned Somalis? I didn't you're the one who brought them up. Playing wet nurse to supposedly grown men. That sounds somewhat fruity to me.

As a matter of fact the Somali is the one posting pictures of AAs in apparent aganst over their diversity. Maybe he's pissed off because there are AAs that look closer to being Arabs than he is. Or maybe he feels left out. He shouldn't feel left out since there are "non-bantu" somalis that are damn near replicas of AAs.

Either way I'll deal with him later.

wala wala walaheeeeeeee
wallawalll waxixixiullal waallaixi

Hey 300+. `_`

How do you find the time? : )

Job, School? I don't think either. Nobody has that kind of time.

300+ posts a month makes it dead certain that you have an unlimited supply of free time. : )

Have a good nights rest djehuti. : )

osiriun
Member # 14297

Rate Member
OKAY I AM SORRY I STARTED THRIS THREAD.

I personally consider it closed.

Just an observation from a non-American.

Henu
Member # 13490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still_Not_Done, that was your third and final warning for insults and trolling. A ban is to follow.
Posts: 113 | From: Dayr al-Barsha | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Still_Not_Done Wrote:
Either way I'll deal with him later.

wala wala walaheeeeeeee
wallawalll waxixixiullal waallaixi

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

If those people are straight up African-americans then what is there to deal with me on later? I showed the standards of what can be seen as "black" in America, i didn't critisize it, so calm down and stop overdosing on your coffe, two cups in the morning is enough for you i think, lol.

Btw those people are definetly not berbers, you can see that they're north europeans with some slight touch of african admixture.

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com