EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Hawass complex: arabs resposible for the displacement of black egyptians? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hawass complex: arabs resposible for the displacement of black egyptians?
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you presume that I, a son of 'the soil' -i.e. Mother Africa, would be ignorant of illustrious daughters and anscestors such as Yaa Asantewa of Asante during the siege of Kumasi, capital of the Asante Confederacy, by British forces in 1900/01 or the role of Ibgo market women of Calabar and Owerri in the Aba Women's Revolt of 1929 against direct administration/ taxation by British occupiers?

This is 'our story'. I learnt of it not in the chronicles of the invaders and occupiers but at the feet of African elders born between 1885 and 1903; that period, which saw full-scale invasions and assaults on the African continent and its people by Europeans.

The Asante and Igbo nations are not only in my backyard, so to speak; but in my immediate and extended family, I have relations from, and blood ties to these nations.

Young man, it is obvious you haven't done your homework. This explains the erroneous inferences drawn from my posts and the flawed assumptions and presumptions about who I am or what I know.

Informed and thoughtful persons reading my posts would have deduced my interest in these matters is not academic or that of someone seeking to know himself. As an African, I already know who I am, and our origins as a people.

Debating or discussing ancient Khem and Kus from the perspective of the foreigner, which has largely been based on obsfucation, dissembling and outright falsehoods is, for me, unproductive! Therefore, unless this discussion (not debate) is conducted with a view to gleaning or imparting knowledge based on the accounts of the indigeneees, I am done with this thread.

Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh??!!! (scratch head) what are you guys on?
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My simplistic view is.. .some of what is being said is total BS. . .and sexist. From a diaspora perspective, the African woman has pulled us through our perilous time(slavery and beyond). Our mothers have kept the family together when the men were being tortured and maimed (mentally). That's why even up to today some of the bros don't have a mental handle on FAMILY.

The black women in the diaspora didn't go clamouring after the slavers/conquerors. They stood firm, as today, keeping the family together.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen!
Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

Women are documented having sex with enemy troops
in exchange for food and commodities. [Americans had a quip about Europeans: How can I respect you when your mothers fucked our fathers for Hershey bars?] Sexist or not that is a fact and is reflexive of another fact that women tend to chose men who have channelled their aggressive tendancies into acheivements as a man's
man i.e., alpha males and xyy men dominant over other men in employment finances athletics politics etc.

That's different. What you describe is a modern situation today where the people have no power at all due to lack of the most basic necessities such as food. At least during colonial times the oppressed had food to eat and nourish rebellons even those by women. In times that you describe it fighting is no longer an option but only mere survival remains.

quote:
Instances of women using their vaginas as weaponsor decoys is also true in war but does not lend inexplaining some of the specific points Jo brought up that I replied to which was qualified as often
happening not always happening or the only thing
that happens:
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Often the females seek out male invaders in a psychological enactment of sharing the defeat
of their own males. Everyone loves a winner
and the weak seek out the strong protectors.

quote:
Originally posted by Jo Nongowa:
... it beggars belief that anyone would seriously
posit that a defeated, humiliated and conquered
people ever freely intermarry with the invader!!

Of course, there will be sexual liasions between
the invader and the defeated but since time
immemorial, it has always been, in the main, between the male invaders the females of the subject population.

But again what does this have to do with the situation in Egypt. And how does this explain native African men intermarrying with the invader's womenfolk??

quote:
Now to continue replying to the simplistic criticism of the point I made and decrying it as sexist. It is really ignorance that makes one suppose that all civilian women react in only one manner in war. It's even more ignorant to suppose that because some women join in the fighting its impossible that those who don't join in battle are not heroines aiding the
battle.

There are differences in the thinking and reactions of
men and women in general. That's why men who remain
masculine while understanding female psychology are
very successful in dating and mating compared to other
men who are neither alpha males nor well acquainted with
female psychology.

The only thing I decry as 'sexist' are just blanket generalizations that women will just give up themselves to any invading male without a fight. The rest I never argued against. But yeah, I totally agree understanding female psychology does wonders in the game. [Razz]
Posts: 26258 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what you're talking about but anyone
actually reading what I wrote in full context as
a specific reply to a specific phenomenum, instead
of building strawmen out their inattentive mind,
could not have drawn such erroneous conclusions
about my meaning.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just noticed this again!

quote:
Originally posted by AFRICA I:
Agreed, I don't think Greeks went into details...you are dark, then you are Black...the only people they knew were Black Egyptians and few other Black Africans..

quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):
thought the Greeks themselves were dark, and admittedly so ..

quote:
Originally posted by AFRICA I:
Well Black Africans are usually darker than Greeks...

Precisely

[Smile] Lol, we all know that! You don't have to be a smart ass.

My point is the same point you've expressed SINCE making that smart-alec comment!!! !

[quote]As far as the Greeks are concerned, present day Greeks *still* possess 25% E3b that dates back to the Neolithic, and not only did the Greeks use the words "melanos" (dark), "melanchros" (very dark), "aethiope" (burnt), and "maure" (black) to describe the Egyptians, but were not the Greeks of tanned complexions themselves?

^Click on the above words to get a look at your very own words.

Incase I still have to spell it out:

• You say that Greeks labeled anyone darker than they as black.
  • Some could misinterpret as indicating that Greeks were white and labeled anyone darker than they black, even say ... this man:

-
  • I note that the Greeks were dark themselves (probably a tad darker than the above guy on average), and even regarded themselves as different from white Europe (inner Europeans [Wink] ).

Simple, right?

Get it? Anyway I base this guess mostly on the fact that Greeks aren't that light today and modern Greecians are post-Vandal invasion. Also, we all know of the Greeks' and other Southern Europeans' African neolithic input.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ephestion
Member # 12836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ephestion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seriously doubt that Greeks were darker than the man shown in that photo. For one he is Asiatic Turkic. Secondly most depictions of the Greek morph were Mediteranean featured.

Islander Greeks who are somewhat darker than mainland Greeks tan easily and seem dark until they take off their shirts and their chests are white as snow.

But all this is rather silly to debate because I feel the Egyptians were not Negroid at all. They may have been dark but their features seemed also Mediteranean. I presume many Egyptians lived on the Greek Isalnds especially Cyprus. Had they been Negroid they would have left some evidence as such but as it is they seem to be homogenous to a Mediteranean people now almost extinct.

The very early Egyptian composition may have included a higher population of Negroid people but there was a gradual change in commerce which lead to the eventual assimilation with Greek culture.

Posts: 104 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mediterranean features??? What? There's no such thing as Negroid. Pacific Islanders and Aboriginals have brown skin, some kinky hair, and broad noses and full lips like blacks of African descent, but are not related to them at all.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have no idea what you're talking about. The ancient Egyptians were black people with narrow noses. What you feel they were is not relevant. And there's plenty of evidence that they were black.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Ebony Allen,

Being African, sometimes the palaver about skin tone, nose type, hair texture and thickness of lips is lost on me.

If you are of African descent, think about it. Its always in the eyes. That's how we know each other. Other features that relate to appearance are incidental or circumstantial.

Hmm?

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^TRUE!

Ebony and others, the man I posted's color is average for a person in the "middle east".

Basically, for the most part Ephestion's post was BS, so I ignored it.

Reading is post and responding is like watching this entire video - (please don't watch the video - no necisseeto) or responding to unintelligable prattle (I wish you guys could hear my friends 'babble speak' it's hilarious and would be so appropriate a comparison to Ephestian's last post).

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ephestion
Member # 12836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ephestion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The ancient Egyptians were black people with narrow noses
They were white with tans and narrow noses.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince_of_punt
Member # 9845

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prince_of_punt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ephestion:
quote:
Then I guess Greeks are blacks with light skin and hairy backs by your logic.
Posts: 265 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ephestion:
quote:
You don't know what you are talking about.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I beileve he was being facetious, Ebony. .. . .I hope. He knows better to come here and spew this. Unless he trying to pick a fight

PEOPLE LIGHTEN UP!!!!!

Someone said before this site is a ''psychologist dildo''.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^Up
Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aah.. Good ol' Hawass, an Arab who believes the ancient Egyptians were not West Asian or African (even though Egypt is in Africa) and believes that the modern Egyptians who most closely resemble the ancients are the Fellahin of Upper Egypt (even though they are black)!
Posts: 26258 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com