EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » O.T ... Funny but what if?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: O.T ... Funny but what if?
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The American News is already trying to discredit this photo from Mars ....

They say its a rock or dust molded into an image, but why does this image look real or even appish if you will? If not appish, black or even ... lol ...funny ... I'm sorry I can't stop laughing at my own foolishness ... if I'm being foolish, but what if ... ?

-

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This link says the image is only a few inches high and a few yards from the camera.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/080124-bad-mystery-mars.html

Strong evidence for this psychological explanation lies in the fact that the Spirit image does not look like Martian life (since we don't know what life on Mars looks like), but instead resembles life here on Earth, specifically human life.

That paragraph would be funny if the guy wasn't serious. Yet he is serious, and ridiculous at the same time. First he says the image doesn't look like Martian life and in the same reckless way says we don't know what Martian life looks like.

I haven't seen any scientific evidence of life of any kind on Mars, just a lot of bickering back and forth from a few top scientists who I don't recall now because of frustration at their indecisiveness using the same data. Kind of hard to keep track of educated foolishness when you get, ''yes it is'' ''no it isn't'' since 1976 or so.

The article goes on to attempt to lay out the psychology explanation for why people see and interpret unusual appearing formations. While I don't agree in its entirety re the psychology route it probably does fit some individuals who have a ''need'' to be that way. That said I've seen pictures of seemingly out of place formations on Mars that make one scratch the head. However, this photo isn't one of them. It looks like it could be photoshop stuff, for whatever reason.

The easy route is to look and then close the book and don't bother yourself with the what ifs. This says two thing right up front: you don't have to bother explaining to others why you may be curious and that you have questions about some things. Secondly, you can stand your ground and defend your position; but it needs to be a strong one.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey R U 2 my main man! [Big Grin] how's it going? it's been a long time.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by R U 2 religious:

They say its a rock or dust molded into an image, but why does this image look real or even appish if you will? If not appish, black or even ... lol ...funny ... I'm sorry I can't stop laughing at my own foolishness ... if I'm being foolish, but what if ... ?

So you're saying black people are appish? Very funny [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 26259 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HO! HO! HO! HO! An AfroCentric. Seeing African everywhere?

Seriously - he most likely is talking about the dark complexion with a primate(?) form. . . . . DJ.

Again think before you talk?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HistoryFacelift
Member # 14696

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HistoryFacelift     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AH, just a rock is it? This roughly translates to "Don't panic, nothing to see here" [Big Grin]
Posts: 105 | From: Japan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:

So you're saying black people are appish? Very funny [Roll Eyes]
You've been on here long enough to know ... I don't think black people or apps look alike ... That isn't what I was saying ... but to be honest after rereading my post I would have wrote exactly what you wrote ... thus ... All I can say is I don't know what to make of the image ... but if it is wind based rock art ... the wind definitely knows how to graph a human looking image ... but to be honest I don't know what that image look like.

Peace!

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Young H*O*R*U*S:

What's up? How is it going?
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
HO! HO! HO! HO! An AfroCentric. Seeing African everywhere?

Seriously - he most likely is talking about the dark complexion with a primate(?) form. . . . . DJ.

Again think before you talk?

who r u referring to? I don't believe in Afrocentric ideal ... meaning negative AFCetrics. I do agree with those who are not bias and tries to steal other peoples cultures ... thus if your talking to me .... watch who your talking about ...
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Young H*O*R*U*S:

What's up? How is it going?
It's ok dude. Still doing my thing, still trying to do something for the people as far as COUNTER-PROPAGANDA is concerned. I've got this saharastream.com gig I have to get jumping but I've been very busy/lazy lately. How about you, any interesting news on the Internet technology side of things?
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com