EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Check this film out again!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Check this film out again!
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps this topic link will survive... (sigh)

http://www.lareinesoleil-lefilm.com/home.html

Click on "Les Videos"

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered the DVD on-line. Hope they do an English dubbing.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:

Could you provide everyone with the link for ordering the DVD? Thanx [Wink]
Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another video version:

http://www.greykid.com/La_Reine_Soleil/

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The character designs are by Neil Campbell Ross if anyone is interested: http://www.neilcampbellross.co.uk/

His other designs:

-

-

-

Neil Campbell Ross at one time or another has been as a designer and background artist for a number of animated projects, a production illustrator for feature films such as Braveheart, The Corpse Bride, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, an art director for such animated features as Fivel Goes West, and most recently, a concept artist for the just realeased animated film Flushed Away.

Also notable are his designs for Thorgal, an animated adaptation of the Belgian comic book by Jean vn Hamme and Grzegorz Rosinski, and The Leopard Scarab, a proposed film project.

The Leopard Scarab

-

The Pharoah Akhenaten has abandoned the traditions and beliefs of his forefathers and retreated to a place that lies between the Great River and the desert. There he celebrates the rising and setting of the sun . . . And imagines his life and the consequences of the choice he has made.

Meanwhile, a peasant boy and a priest of the old faith, who brings a strange gift for the pharoah's daughter, come to the Palace by the river.

-

High Priest of Amun
 -

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mediadis - http://www.mediadis.com/en

Please find here below the item(s) of your order :

1 x REINE SOLEIL, LA @ 14.04 EUR

Shipping costs : 4.96 EUR
TOTAL : 19.00 EUR

quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
quote:

Could you provide everyone with the link for ordering the DVD? Thanx [Wink]

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:
The character designs are by Neil Campbell Ross if anyone is interested: http://www.neilcampbellross.co.uk/

His other designs:

-

-

-

Neil Campbell Ross at one time or another has been as a designer and background artist for a number of animated projects, a production illustrator for feature films such as Braveheart, The Corpse Bride, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, an art director for such animated features as Fivel Goes West, and most recently, a concept artist for the just realeased animated film Flushed Away.

Also notable are his designs for Thorgal, an animated adaptation of the Belgian comic book by Jean vn Hamme and Grzegorz Rosinski, and The Leopard Scarab, a proposed film project.

The Leopard Scarab

-

The Pharoah Akhenaten has abandoned the traditions and beliefs of his forefathers and retreated to a place that lies between the Great River and the desert. There he celebrates the rising and setting of the sun . . . And imagines his life and the consequences of the choice he has made.

Meanwhile, a peasant boy and a priest of the old faith, who brings a strange gift for the pharoah's daughter, come to the Palace by the river.

-

High Priest of Amun
 -

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
This is not on the up and up . . . .but couldn't wait for the DVD to arrive, so I searched and was able to download from the web.

Playing it my 3yr old was hooked, although it was in French.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
This is not on the up and up . . . .but couldn't wait for the DVD to arrive, so I searched and was able to download from the web.

...So, could you pluuueeeze post this web link, so that others might also be able to download this film?
[Wink] [Smile] Thanx

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
As I said I am not sure if there are copywrite issues.

I will give out a lead .

"torrent" for the computer savvy. And here is a starting point.

fhttp://www.cinemagora.co.uk/movie-3511-la-reine-soleil.html

On another point this guy mentioned by Myra has another piece out.

Les Enfants De La Pluie  -

a\

quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
quote:

...So, could you pluuueeeze post this web link, so that others might also be able to download this film?
[Wink] [Smile] Thanx

Prince_of_punt
Member # 9845

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prince_of_punt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice film.

I wonder if they dub it in English.

It should be promoted!

It kind of reminds me of Alladin for some reason.

--------------------
Hello!

Posts: 265 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com