EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » SEARCH Egyptology forum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SEARCH Egyptology forum
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since the Search feature has once again been eliminated, here's a way that you can still find what you're looking for on Egyptsearch, using Google:

First, here's an example of the algorithm
quote:

egyptology mdu ntr site:www.egyptsearch.com/forums/

a)egyptology = the name of the forum

b) mdu ntr = the subject to be found within that forum

--You can therefore copy

egyptology site:www.egyptsearch.com/forums/

--and then paste this into the google search box:

http://www.google.com/

inserting the subject you're looking for between 'egyptology' and 'site'

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^
Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This works very well. Thanks Wally

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:
This works very well. Thanks Wally

Thanks Myra; and wouldn't it be a good idea if this item could be posted permanently at the top of the forum; until the search feature is restored...
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
^^^
Honi B
Member # 12991

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Honi B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey dudes & dudettes, I was searching the history on my pc and came upon previous Egyptsearch pages, since there's no longer a "search" function and "googling" is a tad bit time consuming, this link may make your search a little more convenient.
Egyptsearch Archives

Enjoy! [Smile] [Cool]

Posts: 67 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be wary; some threads, including the "Jstor", topics on the "Rossetta stone" scripts, and "Nile Valley influences on Extra-Nile Valley Art" for example appear to all have been wiped out.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Explorateur:
Be wary; some threads, including the "Jstor", topics on the "Rossetta stone" scripts, and "Nile Valley influences on Extra-Nile Valley Art" for example appear to all have been wiped out.

Indeed, and a very well made observation of what's going on around here. Well I've noticed Ausar has returned, and has also posted a thread about Jstor access. Not too sure the correlation there, maybe Ausar doesn't want anyone else posting Jstor articles. As for the Nile Valley thread, I can't say.

I've also noticed an increased amount of trolling.

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Knowledgeiskey718:

I've also noticed an increased amount of trolling.

Well, as for trolling, it has largely been reduced to two socially unreared underaged "keyboard" hoodlums; akoben and argyle. Therefore, if there has been any increase at all, it would have primarily come from these two.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

As for the Nile Valley thread, I can't say.

I can't either, since that topic [aka "Nile Valley influence on Extra-Nile Valley Art"] and the other on the Rossetta Stone scripture are in line with the main topic of this section, and the former has been filled with very informative posts, while the latter seemed like it had the potential to develop into a very interesting and informative thread. It is ironic that threads that are actually related to this section of the board get deleted, while those that don't and are filled with tit-for-tat nonsense blossom into even as far as 50 to 60 pages, if not more. [Confused]
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Explorateur:
quote:

As for the Nile Valley thread, I can't say.

I can't either, since that topic [aka "Nile Valley influence on Extra-Nile Valley Art"] and the other on the Rossetta Stone scripture are in line with the main topic of this section, and the former has been filled with very informative posts, while the latter seemed like it had the potential to develop into a very interesting and informative thread. It is ironic that threads that are actually related to this section of the board get deleted, while those that don't and are filled with tit-for-tat nonsense blossom into even as far as 50 to 60 pages, if not more. [Confused]
It seems as if someone or some people, don't want us to further our knowledge and become increasingly informed in said areas of Egyptology and history, but instead they want us to repeat and argue in the same nonsensical repetitive threads, as you mentioned, 45 pages and counting.

-------

Education-the source of African Dis-empowerment....

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000554

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
quote:
Africa's history goes BEYOND ANYTHING that whites can come up with on this planet and it is IMPOSSIBLE that Africans can grow believing the NON SENSE that whites tell them.
Indeed! The father should always teach the child, and NEVER EVER, the other way around. This is exactly what Euro-centrism is based on. The fallacy of inheriting knowledge and falsely claiming it as your own. I say, enough talk, and what actions are we really going to take, I mean, seriously, the education, that is presented, is actually built to keep us at a distance, basically to NOT want to get involved, or actually even know about history. I guarantee, if more history, like that is being discussed here. Many Africans, and African descended people will become involved. I know, I was never ever taught anything in relations to this subject in school, despite all of this information being readily available, and it's pretty sad this still takes place.

No joke, but, what ever happened to the movements? We've became way too comfortable, seriously. This is way too much too be kept hidden, and for so long, and for credit not to be given where it is due. It's definitely about time. Thing about it is, we have to cease it, (I really doubt they will ever admit the truth) and make sure it's known.

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No surprise and no sympathy.

We've all seen these wipe outs over and over again.

Yet instead of posting to a more secure site,
TNV, http://thenile.phpbb-host.com/index.php
all continue posting here.

We all just don't get it.

WE made ES AE&E the great forum that it was.

NO owner or administrator, or what have you, did it.

Yet like grown ass babies playing cellar dweller in mom and pop's cellar
we stay here unwanted but a neccessary burden.

If WE -- and you know who I mean -- all migrate en mass
what will these two forums devolve to?

The Spirit of OJAH is calling
http://www.imeem.com/djkofi/music/5KwAL0l9/osibisa_ojah_awake/
sleeping giant, A W A K E!

Know your power and employ it for self
or
remain exploited by those using you for their own
penny-a-click profit (and probably don't give a fart
if you leave or stay).

Fledgling falcons, leave the nest! Your wings will carry you to who knows what greater heights!!

Your altenative is to stay put and be further used as doormats
for ES chieftains to continually wipe their feet on your effort.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had hoped to salvage the Extra Nile Valley Art thread
but it's even wiped from GOOGLE's cache. Who can find
it via another search engine that caches?

We lost so much off of the EbonyIssues forum because
no one would help transfer the data to the real TNV
before GOOGLE emptied it from their storage.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
KnowledgeWhiskey,
You ask: "Whatever happened to the movement?".
We been marking time trodding on the winepress

http://www.imeem.com/zionnesta/music/DPQceLkn/bob_marley_babylon_system/

We refuse to be
What you wanted us to be;
We are what we are:
Thats the way (way) its going to be. you dont know!
You cant educate i
For no equal opportunity:
(talkin bout my freedom) talkin bout my freedom,
People freedom (freedom) and liberty!
Yeah, weve been trodding on the winepress much too long:
Rebel, rebel!
Yes, weve been trodding on the winepress much too long:
Rebel, rebel!

Babylon system is the vampire, yea! (vampire)
Suckin the children day by day, yeah!
Me say: de babylon system is the vampire, falling empire,
Suckin the blood of the sufferers, yea-ea-ea-ea-e-ah!
Building church and university, wo-o-ooh, yeah! -
Deceiving the people continually, yea-ea!
Me say them graduatin thieves and murderers;
Look out now: they suckin the blood of the sufferers (sufferers).
Yea-ea-ea! (sufferers)

Tell the children the truth;
Tell the children the truth right now!
Come on and tell the children the truth;
Come on and tell the children the truth.

cause - cause weve been trodding on ya winepress much too long:
Rebel, rebel!
And weve been taken for granted much too long:
Rebel, rebel now!

(trodding on the winepress) trodding on the winepress (rebel):
Got to rebel, yall (rebel)!
Weve been trodding on the winepress much too long - ye-e-ah! (rebel)
Yea-e-ah! (rebel) yeah! yeah!

From the very day we left the shores (trodding on the winepress)
Of our fathers land (rebel),
Weve been trampled on (rebel),
Oh now! (weve been oppressed, yeah!) lord, lord, go to ...

[*sleeve notes continue:
Now we know everything we got to rebel
Somebody got to pay for the work
Weve done, rebel.]

quote:
[It seems as if someone or some people, don't want us to further our knowledge and become increasingly informed in said areas of Egyptology and history, ...

---

Education-the source of African Dis-empowerment....

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000554

quote:
I say, enough talk, and what actions are we really going to take, I mean, seriously, the education, that is presented, is actually built to keep us at a distance, basically to NOT want to get involved, or actually even know about history. I guarantee, if more history, like that is being discussed here. Many Africans, and African descended people will become involved. I know, I was never ever taught anything in relations to this subject in school, despite all of this information being readily available, and it's pretty sad this still takes place.

No joke, but, what ever happened to the movements? We've became way too comfortable, seriously. This is way too much too be kept hidden, and for so long, and for credit not to be given where it is due. It's definitely about time. Thing about it is, we have to cease it,

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Check your TNV.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com