EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Rosetta Stone and Ancient Macedonian language

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rosetta Stone and Ancient Macedonian language
ManolisGR
Member # 15279

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ManolisGR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
There is a theory from many people and scientists of FYROM that the second language of the Rosetta stone is the so called ancient macedonian language

just visit
http://rosetta-stone.etf.ukim.edu.mk/EN/

A basic assumption of our research is that in writing the text on the Rosetta Stone three scripts were used, but in three languages: ancient Egyptian, written in the hieroglyphic script, ancient Macedonian, written in the demotic script, and ancient Greek written in the ancient Greek alphabet......

There are also videos in youtube that support this..

Since I'm from Greece I would like to have some comments from you...

Posts: 3 | From: Greece | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Reportedly, Alexander (Alexandru) was a native of Macedon not of Hellas (ancient Greece).
Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ManolisGR
Member # 15279

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ManolisGR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend,
If you have basic knowledge you should know that all the ancient inscriptions and coins (and there are thounands of them) that were found in Makedonia are in Greek. And you should know that they don't write Alexander or Alexandru but Alexandros which is a greek word and means protector of men. You should also know that Makedonia is a greek word which means high land. Alexander's father was called Philippos which again is a greek work meaning friend of a horse.
Alexander's mother was called Olymbiada name connected with the highest mountain in Greece Olymbos and of course with the Olympic games where Macedonians took part (and only Hellenes were allowed to participate in them).
All the ancient Macedonian kings have greek names. I can post at least 100 Ancient Macedonian names with thei meaning in Greek)
I'm posting from Thessaloniki (and not Salun of course) which is the second most populated ciry in Greece, and for your information Thessaloniki was Alexandros sister and of course is a greek word meaning victory ovet the peeple of Thessaly which again is in Greece.

However this is not the purpose of this discussion. I want people from Egypt to comment on the fact that 2 electrical engineers from FYROM claim that the second Egyptian language is supossed to be the Ancient Macedonian language
which has nothing to do with the language that people from Fyrom are using to day which is actually a Bulgaric dialect since people from Bulgary (and I know many of them ) can understand nearly anything they say.
This Rosetta Stone issue is used in hundreds of posts by people from Fyrom in order to establish a connection with the ancient Macedonian people.

Posts: 3 | From: Greece | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Touchy are we?

I am aware that the modern day European nation of Greece has issues with another European land that goes by the name of Macedonia. And that Greece has objected to European Union membership for the Republic of Macedonia because it claims to be the ancient land of Macedon not that province of Greece termed Macedon.

Just wondered?

Other than that, whether Alexandru was of Macedon or Hellas is of no concern to me. In the final analysis, he was a foreigner, an invader and occupier. And therefore entered the African land of Khemet to do no good.

Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ManolisGR
Member # 15279

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ManolisGR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I'm touchy after I heard Mr.Bush and Mrs.Rice saying that 'Macedonia must enter Nato'
since Macedonia is 25% of Greece territory.

FYROM didn't enter NATO not because they claim that are the true Macedonians but because of their policy. Do you know what they teach their students, that have maps of the so called Unitied Macedonia in their schools and their Army, and they are spreading lies about Greece and history? Why do you think they are using Greek symbols (star of Vergina) and greek names (they renamed their airport Megas Alexandros, their main street Pella - ancient greek city in Greece...). Just because they are fan of their ancient history? These are fabricated countries used (and financed by specific instututes) by USA and their best allies like UK in order to increase their influence in Balkans. Don't you see who are now USA today best friends? Albania and Fyrom... Try to watch in youtube their dreams about Unitied Macedonia and about the occupied by Greece Agean Macedonia..

I don't think that Alexander was just and invader and occupier. Just watch this BBC report from Egypt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmJRlr4aDQ

However my point here is not to discuss the macedonian issue. Is to ask people who are familiar with Ancient Egyptian history their opinion about the theories which are spread from FYROM (this is their official name to all organization) regarding Rosetta Stone which was the key to decipher hieroglyphics. Therefore I think it must have some value to people from Egypt.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ManolisGR:
Hi,
There is a theory from many people and scientists of FYROM that the second language of the Rosetta stone is the so called ancient macedonian language

just visit
http://rosetta-stone.etf.ukim.edu.mk/EN/

A basic assumption of our research is that in writing the text on the Rosetta Stone three scripts were used, but in three languages: ancient Egyptian, written in the hieroglyphic script, ancient Macedonian, written in the demotic script, and ancient Greek written in the ancient Greek alphabet......

There are also videos in youtube that support this..

Since I'm from Greece I would like to have some comments from you...

Demotic in Ancient Macedonian, where is your proof. Sounds far fethched to me.

Also I do have a question. Did the Ancient Greeks consider the Mecadonians semi-barbaric before King Phillip..? I heard this but on another site someone told me this was wrong...just wondering.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ManolisGR:
Yes I'm touchy after I heard Mr.Bush and Mrs.Rice saying that 'Macedonia must enter Nato'
since Macedonia is 25% of Greece territory.

FYROM didn't enter NATO not because they claim that are the true Macedonians but because of their policy. Do you know what they teach their students, that have maps of the so called Unitied Macedonia in their schools and their Army, and they are spreading lies about Greece and history? Why do you think they are using Greek symbols (star of Vergina) and greek names (they renamed their airport Megas Alexandros, their main street Pella - ancient greek city in Greece...). Just because they are fan of their ancient history? These are fabricated countries used (and financed by specific instututes) by USA and their best allies like UK in order to increase their influence in Balkans. Don't you see who are now USA today best friends? Albania and Fyrom... Try to watch in youtube their dreams about Unitied Macedonia and about the occupied by Greece Agean Macedonia..

I don't think that Alexander was just and invader and occupier. Just watch this BBC report from Egypt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmJRlr4aDQ

However my point here is not to discuss the macedonian issue. Is to ask people who are familiar with Ancient Egyptian history their opinion about the theories which are spread from FYROM (this is their official name to all organization) regarding Rosetta Stone which was the key to decipher hieroglyphics. Therefore I think it must have some value to people from Egypt.

Im not Egyptian im African American but I am well trained in Egyptian History, and to tell you the truth I agree with Jo, The Greek Ptolemy Kings(All though WAY BETTER than the Romans) were Invaders and occupiers that disrupted the Anceint Kemetic traditions that survived for 2000 plus years before the Greeks, but Bastardized and devalued the Kemmou in their own land.

Anyway back to the discussion. Im a little confused about the Macadonian language being in Egyptian Demotic. Why not just use the Macedonian script(If there was one) or the Greek Script. Also is there any fail safe proof of this...?

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com