EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Need help to identify ankh symbols

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help to identify ankh symbols
VegasCatLover
Member # 16389

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for VegasCatLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I was hoping to find some expert advice here at Egypt Search. I would like to know what the symbols on this ankh mean and/or if they have any special significance being together on this piece. It came to me mysteriously and I wonder if the meaning of the symbols will be even more interesting. I don't have any background on things Egyptian. Thank you in advance for any help or advice. The photo is located at this link on Photobucket:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e25/zookeeperlv/ankh.jpg

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is your name Leona?

In Egypt you can have name tags made using heiroglyphics for your name.

If that is not your name maybe it is just random symbols???

I am sure the experts here will correct me [Big Grin]

here is what they usually represent

top one is L
feather is i
lasso is O
chick is O or W
zig zag is N
Vulture is A E O

last 3 are woman,kephri the scarab beetle, and a pharoah

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VegasCatLover
Member # 16389

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for VegasCatLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting! No, not named Leona, not even a woman. The story is that I owned a gym and as my clients would come in, they would put their car keys into a little basket on the counter so they wouldn't have to carry them while working out (this was a LONG time ago). After many successful, happy years, I was taken advantage of by the greedy building owner who wanted the space for a larger client, and raised my rent until I went under (first time business experience, I didn't know how to protect myself). I had to close my doors after 7+ years and it was heartbreaking. On the last day when my final client had taken their keys, said goodbye and left, I found this ankh on a chain in the basket. I don't know who left it, but I have always kept it as a memoir of my business and the good people I met.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com