EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Need help to identify ankh symbols » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
VegasCatLover
Member # 16389
 - posted
Hello, I was hoping to find some expert advice here at Egypt Search. I would like to know what the symbols on this ankh mean and/or if they have any special significance being together on this piece. It came to me mysteriously and I wonder if the meaning of the symbols will be even more interesting. I don't have any background on things Egyptian. Thank you in advance for any help or advice. The photo is located at this link on Photobucket:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e25/zookeeperlv/ankh.jpg

Hermione Heliotrope.
Member # 14248
 - posted
Is your name Leona?

In Egypt you can have name tags made using heiroglyphics for your name.

If that is not your name maybe it is just random symbols???

I am sure the experts here will correct me [Big Grin]

here is what they usually represent

top one is L
feather is i
lasso is O
chick is O or W
zig zag is N
Vulture is A E O

last 3 are woman,kephri the scarab beetle, and a pharoah

VegasCatLover
Member # 16389
 - posted
Interesting! No, not named Leona, not even a woman. The story is that I owned a gym and as my clients would come in, they would put their car keys into a little basket on the counter so they wouldn't have to carry them while working out (this was a LONG time ago). After many successful, happy years, I was taken advantage of by the greedy building owner who wanted the space for a larger client, and raised my rent until I went under (first time business experience, I didn't know how to protect myself). I had to close my doors after 7+ years and it was heartbreaking. On the last day when my final client had taken their keys, said goodbye and left, I found this ankh on a chain in the basket. I don't know who left it, but I have always kept it as a memoir of my business and the good people I met.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com