EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Download Budge's Hieroglyphic Dictionary vol1&2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Download Budge's Hieroglyphic Dictionary vol1&2
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have made available to the public on skydrive live. com both volumns of Budge's Hieroglyphic Dictionary. (There is no visible notice of copyright - the stated date is 1920.)

To download these two files, go to:

http://cid-6075ca909f8a8375.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Ancient%20Egypt/Hieroglyphic%20Dictionary

You will also need WinZip & Adobe Reader 9 installed on your computer.

This dictionary is a must-have for any serious student of Ancient Egypt.

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1000 blessings
Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cant open file when extracted and doesnt seem to be pdf, just says file type is 'file' [Frown] what did I do wrong?

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to be a huge file that's why it is zipped. It will take a long time. Started mine then stopped. Taking too much bandwidth.

Long story short. Be patient with download. But go ahead and down load. As the man said you must be able to unzip. It is a *.zip file.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A_DICTIONARY v1.zip file is 36.7 MB (38,552,694 bytes) - Hieroglyphic dictionary vol. 1
A_DICTIONARY v2.zip file is 47.5 MB (49,872,715 bytes) - Hieroglyphic dictionary vol. 2

a) download each file
b) extract each file with WinZip
c) the extracted PDF file is the dictionary
d) view dictionary with Adobe Reader

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did download both
I did extract with winzip
the extracted was not a PDF
[Frown]

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
I did download both
I did extract with winzip
the extracted was not a PDF
[Frown]

You puzzle me... [Confused]

It should not matter whether or not the file is a PDF. The only thing that should concern you is that you can view these files with a PDF viewer; ie, the recommended Adobe Reader 9.1

On your computer, when you select "Open" for either of these extracted files, you will immediately be shown the "open with" window; it should already have the open with "Adobe reader 9.1" highlighted, if not, then select it. Click ok. and you're in the dictionary...

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
thanks wally I will try that when I get back home.

--------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Got it!

1000 thanks! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
I've also added a Coptic/English dictionary...
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Thanks Wally!!!

--------------------

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wally

It's always good when Veteran posters come back and make there presence felt. It's needed with all these Trolls we now have on the Forum.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
I've just added another book to my SkyDrive files, it's Ancient Egyptian Grammar by Adolf Erman & translated by James Breasted.

http://cid-6075ca909f8a8375.skydrive.live.com/home.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=387056324&lc=1033

Click "Ancient Egypt" Folder then
Click whichever folder that you wish to access.

You might also want to check the above location periodically, because if and when I come across archived, academic works, & available to the public, I'll post them here, but I won't necessarily be notifying everyone...

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
^^^^
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
[Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com