EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Download Budge's Hieroglyphic Dictionary vol1&2 » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Wally
Member # 2936
 - posted
I have made available to the public on skydrive live. com both volumns of Budge's Hieroglyphic Dictionary. (There is no visible notice of copyright - the stated date is 1920.)

To download these two files, go to:

http://cid-6075ca909f8a8375.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Ancient%20Egypt/Hieroglyphic%20Dictionary

You will also need WinZip & Adobe Reader 9 installed on your computer.

This dictionary is a must-have for any serious student of Ancient Egypt.

alTakruri
Member # 10195
 - posted
1000 blessings

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
cant open file when extracted and doesnt seem to be pdf, just says file type is 'file' [Frown] what did I do wrong?

xyyman
Member # 13597
 - posted
Seems to be a huge file that's why it is zipped. It will take a long time. Started mine then stopped. Taking too much bandwidth.

Long story short. Be patient with download. But go ahead and down load. As the man said you must be able to unzip. It is a *.zip file.

Wally
Member # 2936
 - posted
A_DICTIONARY v1.zip file is 36.7 MB (38,552,694 bytes) - Hieroglyphic dictionary vol. 1
A_DICTIONARY v2.zip file is 47.5 MB (49,872,715 bytes) - Hieroglyphic dictionary vol. 2

a) download each file
b) extract each file with WinZip
c) the extracted PDF file is the dictionary
d) view dictionary with Adobe Reader

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
I did download both
I did extract with winzip
the extracted was not a PDF
[Frown]

Wally
Member # 2936
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
I did download both
I did extract with winzip
the extracted was not a PDF
[Frown]

You puzzle me... [Confused]

It should not matter whether or not the file is a PDF. The only thing that should concern you is that you can view these files with a PDF viewer; ie, the recommended Adobe Reader 9.1

On your computer, when you select "Open" for either of these extracted files, you will immediately be shown the "open with" window; it should already have the open with "Adobe reader 9.1" highlighted, if not, then select it. Click ok. and you're in the dictionary...

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
thanks wally I will try that when I get back home.

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
Got it!

1000 thanks! [Big Grin]

Wally
Member # 2936
 - posted
I've also added a Coptic/English dictionary...

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
Thanks Wally!!!

KING
Member # 9422
 - posted
Wally

It's always good when Veteran posters come back and make there presence felt. It's needed with all these Trolls we now have on the Forum.

Peace

Wally
Member # 2936
 - posted
I've just added another book to my SkyDrive files, it's Ancient Egyptian Grammar by Adolf Erman & translated by James Breasted.

http://cid-6075ca909f8a8375.skydrive.live.com/home.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=387056324&lc=1033

Click "Ancient Egypt" Folder then
Click whichever folder that you wish to access.

You might also want to check the above location periodically, because if and when I come across archived, academic works, & available to the public, I'll post them here, but I won't necessarily be notifying everyone...

Wally
Member # 2936
 - posted
^^^^

Wally
Member # 2936
 - posted
[Smile]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com