EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Temple of Man

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Temple of Man
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Temple of Man by R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz

Have any of you read this book? And when I say, "Have you read this book?", I am asking if you have read the hardcover version.

It is not an easy book to read......Any comments or commentary?

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nebsen
Member # 13728

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nebsen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About several years back I was in our local Black book store & the sales person knows my inyerest in ancient Egypt, & was trying to get me to purchase "The Temple Of Man". A huge book going for at the time $200 bucks, which I could not afford.

I knew of R.A.Schwaller de Lubicz for I had read another book by him. I really wanted to buy the book, but could not.

Their is a documentary about the book & his work which is excellent, you should try You-Tube. [Wink]

Posts: 135 | From: Bay Area | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, not only is the book expensive, but the content is loaded with so much detail.....I mean you have to have an idea of math and science to understand what he is conveying.

One thing I did understand in my skimming of the book is the geometric concept of mathematics in Ancient Kemet. He stated that our current mathematical system is based on 'number' as being infinite. But according to the Egyptians, the Supreme Being is ONE, and from that theological and philosophical perpective comes the birth of the term 'Pharoanic mathematics". That is why the Egyptians believed that only geometry was the true mathamatical science.

If there is a documentary about the book, then I will find it, watch it, and take good notes. [Cool]

What is also interesting is how, in terms of philosophy and metaphysics, close is the message in the Temple of Man to the philosophical commentary given in Civilization or Barbarism by Cheikh Anta Diop.

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nebsen
Member # 13728

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nebsen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Israel,
I hope you get a chance to see the documentry. It really got into explaining the mathematics as to it's relation to the Egyptians deep spiritual understanding. It was very well done in Egypt, & well narrated, by some I believe British guy. Lots of wonderful graphics & animations to really help the viewer understand the mystries of it all.

It would be the perfect compaion to the book. I think I'm going to try & find a copy for myself. Their is a fine metaphysical book store in my city that might have it, or point be to where I might find a copy; Amazon is another place that i will look into. [Razz]

Posts: 135 | From: Bay Area | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very expensive book. It must be worthy.

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want it.
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I have it..soon [Wink]

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nebsen
Member # 13728

Rate Member
Israel,

I found infomation for the "Temple In Man" DVD. It is part of a whole series by John Anthoney West, called Magical Egypt. You can purchase the individual series "Temple In Man" for sale.

www.magicalegypt.com

Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Thanks Nebson!
Nebsen
Member # 13728

Rate Member
You are most welcome ! [Razz]
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a monster of a book, I could beat someone to death by the size and weight of these books! LOL [Razz]
Nebsen
Member # 13728

Rate Member
If you & Israel, succeed in reading, understanding, & processing these 2 "volumes of Temple Of Man" you both will be changed MEN FOREVER.

This is what the sales person told me ,& I believed her. This book is not for the faint of heart !

I myself just ordered the DVD "Temple In Man" & later I will purchase the books. I feel I'll have a better understanding to really appreciate the gifts that R.A. Schwaller de Lubics has in store for me ! [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com