EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Temple of Man » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Israel
Member # 11221
 - posted
The Temple of Man by R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz

Have any of you read this book? And when I say, "Have you read this book?", I am asking if you have read the hardcover version.

It is not an easy book to read......Any comments or commentary?

Nebsen
Member # 13728
 - posted
About several years back I was in our local Black book store & the sales person knows my inyerest in ancient Egypt, & was trying to get me to purchase "The Temple Of Man". A huge book going for at the time $200 bucks, which I could not afford.

I knew of R.A.Schwaller de Lubicz for I had read another book by him. I really wanted to buy the book, but could not.

Their is a documentary about the book & his work which is excellent, you should try You-Tube. [Wink]

Israel
Member # 11221
 - posted
Well, not only is the book expensive, but the content is loaded with so much detail.....I mean you have to have an idea of math and science to understand what he is conveying.

One thing I did understand in my skimming of the book is the geometric concept of mathematics in Ancient Kemet. He stated that our current mathematical system is based on 'number' as being infinite. But according to the Egyptians, the Supreme Being is ONE, and from that theological and philosophical perpective comes the birth of the term 'Pharoanic mathematics". That is why the Egyptians believed that only geometry was the true mathamatical science.

If there is a documentary about the book, then I will find it, watch it, and take good notes. [Cool]

What is also interesting is how, in terms of philosophy and metaphysics, close is the message in the Temple of Man to the philosophical commentary given in Civilization or Barbarism by Cheikh Anta Diop.

Nebsen
Member # 13728
 - posted
Israel,
I hope you get a chance to see the documentry. It really got into explaining the mathematics as to it's relation to the Egyptians deep spiritual understanding. It was very well done in Egypt, & well narrated, by some I believe British guy. Lots of wonderful graphics & animations to really help the viewer understand the mystries of it all.

It would be the perfect compaion to the book. I think I'm going to try & find a copy for myself. Their is a fine metaphysical book store in my city that might have it, or point be to where I might find a copy; Amazon is another place that i will look into. [Razz]

Soloman
Member # 6729
 - posted
Very expensive book. It must be worthy.

Whatbox
Member # 10819
 - posted
I want it.

Soloman
Member # 6729
 - posted
^ I have it..soon [Wink]

Nebsen
Member # 13728
 - posted
Israel,

I found infomation for the "Temple In Man" DVD. It is part of a whole series by John Anthoney West, called Magical Egypt. You can purchase the individual series "Temple In Man" for sale.

www.magicalegypt.com

Israel
Member # 11221
 - posted
Thanks Nebson!

Nebsen
Member # 13728
 - posted
You are most welcome ! [Razz]

Toastclip
Member # 6729
 - posted
What a monster of a book, I could beat someone to death by the size and weight of these books! LOL [Razz]

Nebsen
Member # 13728
 - posted
If you & Israel, succeed in reading, understanding, & processing these 2 "volumes of Temple Of Man" you both will be changed MEN FOREVER.

This is what the sales person told me ,& I believed her. This book is not for the faint of heart !

I myself just ordered the DVD "Temple In Man" & later I will purchase the books. I feel I'll have a better understanding to really appreciate the gifts that R.A. Schwaller de Lubics has in store for me ! [Wink]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com