EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Great Hymn to Aten

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Great Hymn to Aten
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(from the tomb of Ay)
quote:

How manifold are your works!

They are hidden from our face.

O sole god, for there is no other!

You did create the world according to your desire,

While you were alone: All men, cattle, and wild beasts,

Whatever is on earth, going by feet,

And what is on high, flying with wings.

The foreign lands and the Black nation,

You set every man in his place,

You supply their needs:

Everyone has his food, and his time of life is reckoned.

Their tongues are separate in speech,

And their natures as well;

Their skins are distinguished,

As you distinguished the foreign peoples.

You make a Nile in the underworld,

You bring forth as you desire

To maintain the people of the Black nation

Accordingly as you made them for yourself,

The lord of all of them, wearying with them,

The lord of every land, rising for them,

The Aten of the day, great of majesty.

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mentu
Member # 14537

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mentu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks

A very beautifully african prayer

Do you have the original in medu Neter?

Thanks.

Posts: 96 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mentu:
Thanks

A very beautifully african prayer

Do you have the original in medu Neter?

Thanks.

Yes, and I make it available on my SkyDrive space:
Hymn to Aten in Mtau Ntr

http://lvvosa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pIJuv9uFG59USXSUTiIiA_EmFLRvovoGoRgUwTvXLIIMmVDaE1_O5BxE2CFbxNfhrnQk1QSl6W_QAo_AGlNm1ULJrwSTgxVgQ/Aye1-7%5B1%5D.gif
http://lvvosa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pIrYn-w3_Kw7UMPwkv8DYhwfqAy8twSbJe7u43RvO9AJC-43j2Xd3uLZVM_P-NUICiqkTOk6sl_vF7BXUbrIWsMrVzRDOPA45/Aye8-14%5B1%5D.gif
http://lvvosa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1ps156Vt7YhzKmnAq1fxLYiE2DJDgDbkzwze_zkt_PVgakTGLpgTzXId0dK3Uuvh-Rdl_5ctje-J65NuHwcg18rSyNdOHaiewJ/Aye15-21%5B1%5D.gif
http://lvvosa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pb1zDg_ZCJwDN4Ay_eAVLz4j8XEbJMdQUoe9_mhcbrT1O-pW7rvysIjfkkyL-gGVcKFuCmkPGTn8YXi762BjoQZ7Ao9wsWknV/Aye22-28%5B1%5D.gif
http://lvvosa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pnxpSjcmqqWrrSVqKh_V0wdcG-yuiQ0UAA9KYEoBZO2ImPe2LA7H96G7NpJOSSnu89MOFSCJGRHjeZoQxuCwuHiv7WxzxXsSw/Aye29-35%5B1%5D.gif
http://lvvosa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pXfx1eiPrMxiS4xTFUCC5hZ5uo2-0ZPNgQS2FZgS5030zrXVsAYgN9vpNbV4f10Qq8fDzFyKIpi-gbERbj4gnSeEEjHboXqtI/Aye36-42%5B1%5D.gif
http://lvvosa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p3YJg-sBG5xR1VtzPm6fv-gFz2SQcGWsljKFHGL_zMp6518vCyK5tJuiy0_nVFezEe60EXHTfbqxUhq7uzvkPwRVWXvXqgG2n/Aye43-48%5B1%5D.gif

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also the very same is found in the Bible

Song Page for Psalm 104

Lyrics

1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.
8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.
10 He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills.
11 They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst.
12 By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches.
13 He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.
14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.
16 The trees of the LORD are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted;
17 Where the birds make their nests: as for the stork, the fir trees are her house.
18 The high hills are a refuge for the wild goats; and the rocks for the conies.
19 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.
20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.
21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.
22 The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.
23 Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.
24 O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.
25 So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.
26 There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.
27 These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.
28 That thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.
29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.
31 The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works.
32 He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke.
33 I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.
35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.

www.bibleinsong.com/Song_Pages/Psalms/Psalm104/Psalm104

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Also the very same is found in the Bible
Song Page for Psalm 104
Lyrics
1 Bless the LORD...

The plagiarism of 'things Egyptian' is legendary...

There are several books and 'tons' of internet sites which document the 'Hymns of Ikhnaten' being plagiarized throughout the Bible, mainly in Psalms...

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I first came accross this from D.R BEN...Told my Aunt who then assured me I was going to hell...for blasphamey. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful Praise. . .although I am not religious
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
(from the tomb of Ay)
quote:

You supply their needs:

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
I first came accross this from D.R BEN...Told my Aunt who then assured me I was going to hell...for blasphamey. [Big Grin]

God bless your auntie; bless all of our aunts

Try this one on our aunts ;

ask them what does the Biblical term "Amen" mean, and IF they think that they know, then you'll probably get the catechism that "Amen" means "let it be" - "so be it" - "truly"...

Then ask them to open their trusty Bible to Revelations 3:14:
quote:

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

"Now, auntie, doesn't 'the Amen' refer to a specific person or title, maybe even 'Jesus' which invokes the Ancient Egyptian god "Amen"- "the Hidden One..."?

Now...quietly leave it here, you're not interested in Auntie's response 'cause you have given her plenty to think about already...and she will for quite some time...

[Cool]

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
I love my Aunt..plus she got Bank I sure don't want to test her very religious soul right now lease she cut me out of her will.. Iam such a sellout [Big Grin] ...but seriously though...I have ask that question about Amen...and was to told by my priest...that it has something to do with Amaraic.. meaning so let it be...Didn't really challange him at the time...cowardly me...he would have crushed me anyways. [Big Grin]
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
I love my Aunt..plus she got Bank I sure don't want to test her very religious soul right now lease she cut me out of her will.. Iam such a sellout [Big Grin] ...but seriously though...I have ask that question about Amen...and was to told by my priest...that it has something to do with Amaraic.. meaning so let it be...Didn't really challange him at the time...cowardly me...he would have crushed me anyways. [Big Grin]

Best leave auntie alone then... [Smile]

Give the following quote to, say, a 5th grader to read and explain:
quote:

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it."

In all likelihood, the student will present to you a cogent explanation of what was said and meant...

Now, give this same quote to a Christian Priest/Pastor/layman or any reactionary person and you'll probably get an extremely distorted interpretation which bears no resemblance whatsoever to the text, like the priest who would have you believe that "These things saith the Amen" really means "These things saith the so-let-it-be" in Aramaic...

---

Quote: Jesus (Yahshu) from Matthew 10:34-39 NASB, also KJV...

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
True^dat..Wally I know you don't post or perhaps visit the Ancient Egypt side..but the Bes in Nigeria seems very interesting...don't have to post but just take a peek.
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ How do we know Bes was not transplanted into Nigeria. Can you prove that's not the case?

Remember, I showed you that video a few months ago about the white Nigerian dude, who is very much a "bro" from my pov but turns out he's from Colorado! [Eek!]

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Beautiful Praise. . .although I am not religious
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
(from the tomb of Ay)
quote:

You supply their needs:

Yes indeed...I have found that in life, we get what we deserve. [Smile]
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com